Modifying a car at all

>modifying a car at all

tell me more about how you know more than hundreds of years of experience and teams of engineers..

Engineers limited by their employers, environmental regulators, policy makers, and dealerships. Try next time.

Well what if you're an engineer yourself and are modifying?

What if Engineers are designing the car within a set safety, reliability economy, and cost of building limits?

What then?

I don't. I just have different personal preferences than the preferences that the engineer/designer thought would sell the best.

>taking bait instead of posting dank reaction memes.
Kek

Not taking my bait. Pitiful.

I don't.
That's why I buy parts from companies that have equally, if-not-more competent engineers that spend all day, every day, developing a single part for my car and put thousands of hours into R&D so I don't have to. This part is also specifically tailored for my purpose with my vehicle instead of needing to bend over for the compromises the engineers had to put in place to fit the needs of everyone that buys the car.

Also since this is a terrible b8 thread and will devolve into shitposting anyways I might as well post this.

This is bait but idgaf.

Old parts, aftermarket parts, alternative views/lifestyes, MANUFACTURERS MANUFACTURING VEHICLES DESIGNED TO BE EASILY FUCKED WITH. Like jeep, some toyotas and fords.

>but I posted a reaction meme. Don't you recognize harold?

My car is 28 years old they don't make OEM parts for them anymore.
Also because I want to. Wanna fight about it?

Engineers are all shit at engineering and a riced out 2012 Civic is faster around a track than a 2016 Viper ACR, and by proxy faster than any other production car that costs less than $850,000.

/thread

OP BTFO

because i know the specific application of my engine, where the engineers are tuning for a broad group of people, and have no idea what I'm using it for.

oops, you got destroyed by a true intellectual. sorry nigger faggot.

Engineers made parts for improving my car too.

>making this thread at all
>reddit spacing
tell me more about how you need to go back

That feel when mechanical engineer.

I've worked for 2 auto companies and I know damn well there's room for improvement.

>This

I mean, every modification is about accepting a compromise that others will not. Whether it be cost, ride comfort, longevity, ease of use etc. No individual is going to be the 'market segment' for a car personified, so no car is going to be absolutely 100% what you want from factory.

And I do it because I can, bitch.

>Hyundai jewed out on the Veloster base putting halogen headlights
>the turbo has projectors and LED surrounds

Yes I know more than the jews by adding the plug and play turbo headlights to my base model.

WHOWOULDHAVETHOUGHT?

>how to bait Veeky Forums, the thread
might as well go ask /k/ why they need guns when the lord is looking out for them because they're red-blooded americans and god bless murica