Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

yiff

playblue

>people cry about imbalance in fighting games
>people cry about animu shit in fighting games
>people cry about overpricing in fighting games

So why is Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown dead? Is this just a vocal minority yelling about this stuff?

Does tekken tag 2 have confirmed rollback netcode or is the zaibatsu discord just full of retards?

Play BlazBlue

You have TEN (10) seconds to explain why you aren't playing based Vampire Savior RIGHT NOW!

play sniff fighter v

play kof

Can I get a quick rundown on the best way to learn to play smash?

Imbalance is a real arguement though. This is not the 90s anymore. You sell your games with always online and 2000 dollar dlc then at least balance your shit regulary.

tfw no makoto bf (female)

Give me a reason to play these games.

Beefysmashdudes and mysmashcorner

I didn't mean it was an invalid criticism. Perhaps I should have just said "complain".

While we're on this subject, though, how often do you think a game should be patch? I believe that overpatching can also ruin a game competitively to some extent.

The characters are extremely varied, it's fast-paced, and the way it handles resources and damage is makes for alot of depth. Also it's flashy and the combos are fun.

would she have a big dick?

Females don't have dicks

playblue

Sounds interesting. Are long combos a necessity for all characters to have decent damage output, or does any character have, say, Street Fighter V length combos that are viable?

8,7% of the participants have a very fine taste.

I prefer the Queen to the Cat.

Reading about GG

Someone said it takes a much longer time investment to play rather then SFV because it's harder to get the fundamentals

Is this true

Makoto best girl in the history of girls, you have great taste in women compadre

>You will never be Jacked-Off by Jack-O

Why even live?

Since when?
The price of Revelator will probably go down, but it will also have fewer players, seeing as how Rev 2 will be the newest version.

I think one can't just look at frequency alone but also has to take into account how much gets changed.
Every 2-3 months with minor adjustments to developing or persistent problems is what I like. It also bundles very well with after launch content release schedules.

Yes. More universal mechanics and more specific mechanics that you have to learn for some characters. Have you ever played Marvel vs Capcom? You know how you have to learn loops for some characters or special movement options for one guy? GG has a good bit of stuff like that. Only a few characters have a heavy relaince on, say, Jump Installing, but you will definitely need to know it for those 2 or 3 characters, especially Chipp. Also, the game has a lot more mechanics than SFV, and you'll need to learn how and when to use them.

>4kids censor

Yeah, nobody cared about games back in the day.

Well considering GG has about 3 times the amount of movement and defensive options I'd say thats probably true

>wanting to see babydicks

It doesn't have any characters who could realistically get off with only using combos the length of SFV. There was Hakumen before, but his combo length is slightly longer in CF. However, he still has extremely high damage off stray hits or even short combos in comparison to the rest of the cast. Alot of his combos are entirely based on a resource called Magatama. Unlike other characters, he doesn't have a super meter, and instead has 8 dots that gradually fill up over time. He can use these dots to preform special moves, which in turn lets him extend combos.

Alot of SF players tend to be comfortable playing him because of his design and more defensive playstyle. While BB is considered extremely aggressive, the defensive options in the game are really strong, and Hakumen has some of the best, with things like a frame 1 counter and such. While some of the new matchups are bad for him (most notably Nine), he still has the highest damage output in the game, and can shave off 80% of your health with the correct resources. He can ToD as well, but that's extremely situational and doesn't really happen in an actual match.

>First Gorilla Grodd
>Now Swamp Thing
No, stop it Ed Boon, I don't like NRS fighters, stop pulling me back in.

That is really just because sfv is so minddeafening shallow.

Is there any reason for me not to just buy sign over relevator for now?
Is relevator just sign+ dlc characters

Genie of the bush

Alright, thanks. I'll check it out, then.

GGxrd is easily the most accesible anime game i've ever played , it's even easyer than melty, and that one is pick and play too.

As always games vary a lot from low level to high level play but game is healthy enough to have all kinds of players (400-500 players seems low but it's actually pretty good, USFIV had 1000).

You can pirate it and test it with a friend using the steamworks crack btw.
I'm getting it later for sure now that i heard there's not more bullshit versions for a while.

Mostly a SF player , but from what i've seen it's way more accesible than lasts ggs.

I'm excited

Dragon Ball is like 80% dick jokes or similar

which crack are you using?

Yes. All of the Sign players moved onto Revelator. I guess you can get Sign to practice learning the movement and such, but if you want to actually play against other human beings, then you'll need Revelator. It's not like KoF 2002 vs KoF XIII, with those being completely different games. It's like the difference between Super Street Fighter IV and Ultra Street Fighter IV, with the latter being a straight upgrade with all of the players migrating to it.

How full of shit do you have to be to say GG has some incredible entry barrier that you shouldn't even try to. You can learn all the mechanics in an hour and then from there it's no different from any other fighter. Revelator has a godly tutorial as well.

>You can pirate it and test it with a friend using the steamworks crack btw.

What do you mean by this user

If I could pirated it just for offline mode to try it, I would

Just check the torrent with more seeds that has a skull on thebucaneerbay friend.

>Swamp Thing
Jezus, I'd rather play with the dumbest character in the history of fighting games AKA bedman than that abominable green piece of shit. Are you twelve?

I dont think there IS a better fighting game tutorial than Revelators. Except maybe Skullgirls (but nobody plays that)

Does Sign have the same story as relevator?

user can I add you on steam and ask how you do this

>Shitting on Swamp Thing
>Shitting on Bedman.
>Having taste this shit.

i meant which steamworks workaround, i believe there's multiple, and some only work with codex instead of 3dm

Any game that relies on steamworks and is P2P works with multiplayer cracks.
You still need to invite through steam friend list (ranked doesn't work obviously, and you can't play with legit users).

You can bucaneer it to fuck around with a casual friend like i did or until it gets discounted (being poor is suffering). Or just if you want to test if it's shit or w/e.

It's a really good game , i'd get it if you're ok with the price tag of revelator + 20 bucks for the rev2 dlc.

When did anyone state that you shouldn't try? The only game I ever see people actively try to stop new players from joining is Tekken. People are just saying that it's harder to play than SFV. The great tutorial doesn't change that you have to be thinking about all of these mechanics during a match.
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown's is actually really good and explains mechanics in details, also stating why you should use them.
No, Revelator's story is a sequel to Sign's.

I haven't played SFV but it seems like a pretty "basic SF game" and I've played a lot of 3S + a small amount of other street fighters and compared to those GG takes a bit more getting used to just because it has such a wide array of universal mechanics, not even counting the character specific things, it's not impossible though it just takes time and integrating them into your play one by one while you figure stuff out

GG has a great tutorial but to understand the base universal mechanics and using them properly takes a lot longer than just blazing through the tutorial once

>I dont think there IS a better fighting game tutorial than Revelators. Except maybe Skullgirls (but nobody plays that)
Nah, Skullgirls' is pretty bad if you ask me. Walls of texts and overly strict trials.

Abominable taste my man

I don't understand. Do you have a learning disability? Once you know what you have to work with, then you can work with it. Do you have a shit memory or something? Maybe you need to practice the inputs for a couple of them for a few minutes to understand the timings but it isn't something you need to spend any amount of time figuring out afterwards.

All I want user is to be able to play the game offline and play story.

If I like it, I'd pay the full price.

I've never torrented a game before besides some weird rabbit fighting game.

Could I just download uTorrent and then find it, and then play offline?

Codex , i literally didn't do shit, just dled the codex release on TPB and it came included.
Executable is called RVTlauncher.

Anyway, no more piratefag talk , google it.

Agreed, the massive arrow on his forehead is the finest, most subtle detail I have ever witnessed on a character. It really makes him stand out from the rest. The arrow has so many deeper metaphysical layers behind it, it's just fascinating speculating as to what the creator is trying to say. The mind of a genius can not be fathomed I guess. A piece de resistance in character design for sure.

>Walls of texts
how else do you explain detailed mechanics to newcomers?
If we're talking about pure numbers, you have to memorize a higher amount for GG. SFV has how many defense options besides regular blocking? V-Reversals and that's about it? In GG, there are dead angles, bursts, blitz shield, and faultless defense. You knew when to use one over the other and why as soon as you started playing?

user help me on this my man

utorrent
TPB
Game

can i then play offline

>Trying this hard.
The bed has a good design. Most interesting playstyle out of all the Xrd newcomers. Best dialogue despite never speaking in battle and best new theme.

>how else do you explain detailed mechanics to newcomers?
through active examples

>defending a character that dumb and ridiculous looking
U havin' a laff mate?

Tested GGPO on launch

If you don't know this much i don't want to spoonfeed you into a bad decision.
Torrenting ain't safe in some countries.

Research yourself , make the decision.

But yes, that's all you need. Also, don't use utorrent , use tixati or other BT client.
Utorrent is adware (and was malware at one point).
You can play offline and online vs people that use the same release using steam friend list to invite to lobbies.

Well for example bursts. When you start, will you burst at the right spot? Fucking no. Do you know how to burst bait? No. Do you immediately upon playing the tutorial know this? Of course not. Do you know you should IB the second hit of stun dipper? Especially some things that aren't immediately as obvious, like FD runstop or something, I don't know who the fuck incorporates all parts of the tutorials into their play right away

My point is it takes time to integrate into a core part of your game, not just "hehe I used IB here for no reason, I just wasted a ton of FD for nothing, I remembered to press burst once during this match"

>Complaining about ridiculousness in GG
Typical shit taste Brit.

>>Walls of texts
>how else do you explain detailed mechanics to newcomers?
Like this.
The text only popped up after or I did not even recognize it because the gameplay made the lesson very clear.

Freedom loving American here

and thanks, I'll see if I can figure it out.
No idea what the codex part is for, is that only for if I want to play online?

Also will Steam ban me for this? like can they see this shit

>tixati

Speaking of choosing the right defensive option, when should I be using a blitz shield vs a dead angle?

You don't need tourney level perfect play to get started. Don't be retarded. You need to learn the rules of chess to start playing chess, but you don't need to be able to play like a grandmaster to start at all. I think you just speak without thinking.

What should I use user

Opponent already raping you with a blockstring and you want them to actually fuck off instead of just getting pushed back with FD? Use dead angle. Are they approaching and attacking you but it hasn't hit yet or you think they're going to throw out a hit? Blitz shield.

QBittorrent or transmission

Who said anything about being a grandmaster? We're just saying chess has more shit to learn than mancala.

Sorry , i'm not up to date with torrent client meta memes, is it supposed to be bad now?

It's ugly but it's lightweigth and uploads-downloads just fine.

I don't use private trackers much these days, some drama involved that made some autist ban tixati from his tracker or something?

I used Vuze before, but it got super bloated.

You can play gg without knowing all the rules and tools unlike chess.

Anyone else realize that fighting games don't require skill, but your decision on whether or not to pick a top tier?

Look at Daigo. Can't win shit now that Ryu's low tier.

Look at FAB. Can't win a single major with a shit tier.

Look at Itazan, Storm Kubo, etc.

I feel like fighting games need to move to a captain's mode style draft pick that emphasizes counterpicks instead of the system that's in place now. This guarantees that low tier characters like Zangief serve niche purposes.

*deep voice* nice bait my friend

>private trackers

how serious is torrenting a fighting game for offlline use in the U.S

do i need to get a proxy or something

I use that on my xubuntu install, but i don't like using linux programs on windows when not neccesary , they use to override the windows style and look like shit.
It also runs like shit in the case of gimp. Disgusting file picker.

Daigo could still beat you with Ryu or even Fang.

Of course. I'm not a tournament player. What's been established is that Daigo doesn't stand a chance against other players of his calibur solely due to his character picks.

Go has less rules than chess yet go ends up being ten times more complex. If there are too many variables, it ends up being a game of luck and guesses aka GG and not reads and conditioning aka SF.

Same applies to most video games, though. Retard mashing won't get you as far in GG as it will in SFV, though, due to damage scalnig and combo importance. It's not like SFII where you're daed in 5 hits and can get lucky every once in a while even if you don't know what's going on.

thats because sfv is based on unga bunga bullshit and isnt balanced. you could beat someone with a low tier character in sf4 and sf3 but not in sfv

hmnmm i wonder why

so did everyone forget that kof 14 came out

I just realized that his design is heavily inspired by Porky of Mother 3

Rain drop

Drop top

You say that like reads and conditions aren't important in GG. Mashing DPs will get you nowhere in that game, just like GG. Also, how do you define the difference between a guess and a read? I see the two used practically interchangeably in this general now, so I'm legitimately curious.

Personally, I think that "pressing a button with no thought, then converting it into a combo" is the former, while "knowing your opponent will do this specific action in the future and doing something preemptively" as a read. Both exist in both games, regardless. Is a Ken empty jumping and then immediately throwing out an EX Shoryuken after landing a read of their opponent being too afraid to anti air them or just a guess that the other guy wasn't going to do a throw or that you weren't going to use meter? Is a Potemkin using heat knuckle in the second round after a Chipp opened the first round with a teleport behind him a guess that he would do the same thing again or a read of his opponent's habits?

Everyone was talking about Black Canary alot when she was revealed.
Why's Swamp Thing not as special?

Swamp Thing fucking rocks.

Speaking of Swamp Thing, are there any other characters based around nature in fighting games?

I play it sometimes, but I'm still learning KoF. Played on Juicebox's stream and, unsurprisingly, lost pretty badly. Still looking over guides and working on combos before I play online again.

Not a waifu?

Swamp isn't a Justice League or Batman so he's just not as well known to people who aren't big DC fans.

Amingo.

>I'm not a tournament player.
>lol I'm still an expert of analysis, though
tier importance varies from game to game. In something like Marvel vs Capcom 2 with a massive tier gap? You betcha, Roll is just not viable. In a boring game like SFV where characters don't really have much variation? Not so much. If you just put in more work with a not as good character, you can still win. Have you ever tried to do a pistol only run in an FPS? Sure, it's not as easy, but it's possible if you are already skilled.

user last one

do i need to do the codex shit or is that only if i want to play online