>Noob? Read this:

>Weeaboos with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12526679
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get out catfish poster

2nd for Ducati has ugliest fins

Thank you user for shooping my fat dome out of the frame.

POSTIEM8 IS CTA

NEW ARTWORK PLOX

>one week ago this was a piece of shit cm400
Now it's a piece of shit generic cafe racer :^)

>he hasn't heard

it's a hammerhead now, not a catfish.

What's with the sudden Cafe Racer craze anyways?

what the fuck is ducati doing

Aprilia's and Yamaha's actually look nice. Probably the only ones so far that might actually be implemented on production motorcycles.

>in b4 PIDF with the CONCRETE PROOF of shooped on txt and generic andriod file names

>when your technological advancement in the art of racing motorcycles gets banned under false pretenses by stuffy old men who don't like how they look so you punish them by building the world's ugliest bike and forcing them to televise it

Torn between a s1000r and rr.. whut recommend for long distance/daily?
>Inb4 wait for 2018s

>they still can't win

>yurop bike for long distance riding
As a yurop bike owner, that's silly; they're for performance.

championship? maybe not this year but they won 2 races last year and it's only gonna be more this year.

In my opinion, it's a cheap way of making a cheap bike look decent
For me though, I was more inspired by the bullet fairings of the old Ducati 750s but wanted to do a gloss black take on it
Without a Ducati budget I started with pic related, an 81 Honda I got for 700 bucks

uhh, S1000XR you numpty

reminder that Ducati is the GM of motorcycles
>consistently underperforms in specific power output and compensates by making their engines way bigger than competition, then boasting about "muh torks"
>Constantly breaking down, having multiple issues, etc
>Despite costing nearly twice as much as competition, it barely ends up being faster in tests and by the next year jap manufacturers have blown them the fuck out of the water
>they make the literal F-body of motorcycles
>appeals to stupid millenials
>uses an outdated valve design that has no real purpose in modern automotive vehicles
>the majority of them are ridden by can'tturn mouthbreathers who fuck their cousins

A WHOLE TWO RACES. WOW!

>S1000XR

>they still can't win
>they win
>hurr but that doesn't count

I don't like ducati road bikes, but the ducati motoGP team is easily the most exciting thing on the grid right now, gigi is a wizard.

They lose to honduh

Have any of you ridden out in the country roads late at night? How do you do it?

I was out there a few days ago at around 4am, it was cold and the only light out there was my headlight. I was doing 60 and every bug I hit felt huge. Quite spooky.

Honestly if they fixed their valves they would be pretty decent. The 949 has amazing power for a vtwin

first time bike owner here

i have a Honda DCT

Their valves aren't the problem, they don't want anyone but them to work on their bikes.

Reminder that a valve adjustment is $1500 on a babygale

Thoughts on the new Duc-Duc Supersport?

Everywhere I go near my home has no streetlights other than right in town, my biggest fear is missing a black cow or horse that got loose and not getting on the brakes until its too late.

u g g o
g
g
o g g u

Nah they're closer to 700 burgerbux for a service but they also have to be done more often than anybody else.

As of tonight, I've found the max indicated speed on the VT. 114 mph.

Also FUCK Craigslist buyers. I've had two people bail on me already

I ran over a cat yesterday.
It turned around to check on it and it didn't make it.
No collar, looked like a stray.
I feel bad though, I kinda just left the thing there. I didnt have anything to bury it with.
Had to clean some blood off the radiator and chain today.

Ugly and not as good as the majestic porpoise of suzuki

Neat idea: not personally interested.

I like the idea of a lower powered torquey sportbike for the road that's not so track focused but it's not quite right for what I'd like and really expensive all things considered (being a ducati and all)

I'd rather somebody gets off their arse and makes a nice new supermono style road bike because a big torquey single in a thin light chassis would be the ultimate twisties scalpel.

I used to do it a lot, mainly in groups, I don't like it, can't see very far ahead and you don't get the same confidence you do smashing twisties in daylight so I just don't do it anymore, it's not that fun to me because I can't really relax and get into it.

>cat killer, cant greentext
Onion, is that you?

i remember when i had my shitbox 91 nissan sentra, some dumb fucking cat came running out in the road, i just held my ground and stayed in my lane like a boss, i heard a little thud on the side of the car and never slowed down or did the bullshit most ppl do JERK THE WHEEL OMG

please be onion

>when you get pulled over doing a dank whoolie next to an undercover and only get an exhibition of speed for excessive acceleration instead of a reckless driving charge.

>when reddit comes to /dbt/ with made up stories

>when it's not made up

Sorry friends, im not the onion guy.
>greentext is just too annoying on mobile.

Meh, you could have just hit your brakes to give it more time to run across, it's not like you're driving a huge rig.

If it makes you feel better on i75 I saw a squirrel crossing the road but was boxed in so I kept the wheel straight but some hawk dove on it so I ended up getting a two for one depression deal

Thats disappointing.
Has onion posted since his trip?

okay buddy

I'm pretty sure he died after taking benadryl on his way back and falling asleep again.

Plz b srs

no it was fucking running way too shallow, like it literally was at my side fender across the road by the time it hit me

it was only a single lane both ways

u could tell it was done with life

what the fuck dude you installed the bars wrong

Promise me you're telling the truth and not just a psychopath, user.

Yeah. Have your headlight angled properly (vid related is an example of a very very poorly focused/angled headlight) and it's not too bad unless there's oncoming traffic. Even low beams pointing at me drown out all my light which is pretty spooky.
Also roads with painted lines are fairly easy since the paint is super reflective and you can just follow that to see where the road goes. I already go slower at nigh but when there's no paint I have to slow down way more.

get a better/additional lights and aim them properly.
also use a clean or new visor at night as the tiny scratches will obscure your vision badly with oncoming light

Do you guys want to try to plan a SAM?

strawpoll.me/12526679

300CC + ABS or 500CC w/o ABS +$600(cost) ?

No

This is for an urban commuter btw, minimum freeway time.

that belly is disgusting.
And we tried to have a SAM last year. There were a bunch of people that signed up but there were no reports of anyone actually showing.

just make SAM an adv meet.
we already have 3 people meeting around az/nv at the end of april

Doesn't mean we can't try again

are you the stromdude that planned it last year?

From the autism I've seen take place at SEM, you can count me out.

Nope

tfw i don't like mentioning that i have a Ducati monster on this board cuz everyone seems to hate Ducati

>had a monster 695 then got rid of it
>fell for the 'muh jap bike is much better meme'
yeah they are for sure way more efficient, reliable and better performance but... fuck that shit wasn't as fun as riding muh ducati
>said fuck it and got another Monster 796
don't mind paying for the 'crazy' maintenance if it means that ill have more fun riding it.

Post bike

Italian bikes are the biggest meme.

What does /dbt/ think about this as a first bike? It's a 2008 Honda Rebel.

used those in my MSF course. very comfy

Chances are you're just a boring person then, I mean how many track days do you do? How hard do you ride? What are your wheelies like?

Tiny and underpowered

>riding up a mountain
>taking sharpish right turn
>guy on Harley traveling the opposite direction cuts right thru the apex and gets on my lane then swerves back on to his lane when sees me.

before i started riding I always thought the sport bike riders where the squids and the Harley riders were more tame.
boy was i wrong
why are harley riders such fucking squidwards?

Some wage slave bitchboi jumped 6 years late in to the hipstet wagon.

Nah I know what you mean user. My nip bike was quick, reliable, refined, etc. but my yuro bike is just exciting and fun.

Well worth the ~$150 a year extra cost of ownership (it's not a Ducati, actually pretty reliable and easy to maintain). Don't think I'll ever own another jap bike after 5 in a row, my next will probably be a striple or something to get something a bit different than my current beloved spaghetti machine.

U R A L

The hipster cafe racer fad is over, they've moved on to scramblers and choppers now. I'm not sure who's into them now but apparently the browse Veeky Forums.

Good city commutier bike. Bad if you plan doing highway riding.

500cc + ABS. Either one, really, but the 500 will be fun longer. But get the ABS

Why do you think people pay extra for euro bikes and rave about them? Soul and passion are memes for a reason, only poor people and those who've never ridden a euro bike own Jap bikes.

>'s not a Ducat
Guzzi?

Going to house auction tomorrow my spicy boys, should be able to make six figure margins on the sale of finished house.

thicc

>try to sign up for thumpertalk
>first thing they ask is birthday
>put in some date over 20 years ago
>"sorry, we do not allow users under 13 years old"
what the fuck. forums are so shit.
>try to sign up for ktmtalk
>WE HAVE TO HAVE YOUR REAL NAME AND CITY AND STATE THIS IS SO IMPORTANT

Would you an Ari Henning, /dbt/?

>>Veeky Forums

but foreals...

>CERU my nigga

Hipster beta nu-males still like them but they started to become normie nobike bikes. You see movies and other media and its filled with cafe racer bikes and for that they appeal to normies now and since Veeky Forums is now filled with them they post about wanting buy one as a first bike.

>not spending life savings on mETH

What does CERU mean?
Also, I'm buying and selling houses to afford motorbikes, so I think Veeky Forums.
Also cars, I want a riced BRZ.

Aprilia

>wants bike with soul and passion
>hates Harleys
/dbt/ never change...

I prefer buying lots or houses from old people. Ive done it a few times and the profit is pretty good.

of course I would, Mv user

i never said i hated harleys
get your alt. facts straight

That boipucci looks moist

how do I into real estate?

I dont know why but I want a Scout really bad.

I really like the look of the black Scout 60.

Why don't they make that color scheme for the Scout 69?

>mfw saw some old motorcycle vids on MotorTrend's youtube channel and it had Ari with dreads

>a hunk of scrap iron from India assembled by rednecks and sold to old people as a fashion statement
>soul and passion
Yes you have definitely shown me the error of my ways.

Harleys are shit for fat redneck fags

This is why I dislike selling on Craigslist.