Is peugeot making rubbish cars, a meme? What's the general opinion on french cars?

Is peugeot making rubbish cars, a meme? What's the general opinion on french cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
youtu.be/Dl1hk7WFmLs
youtube.com/watch?v=C0fj2RH-BvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The new Peugeots have very good engines, good design and features. They're as good as anything else in their price ranges, just like everything else in their price ranges.

My sister bought a 207 a couple of years ago, not even a TDI, with just a radio and AC and it was quite expensive for such a crappy car.
A 308 nowadays are quite expensive. Can even reach 30k.

I'm getting into french cars.

what is there?

Citreon, Peugeot, Renault?

I like the old hatch back look, and then go for a glass of wine. Sleeper cars that can toast everything else are the best

express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official

Does this answer your question?

rust and gold
your going to have or need allot of both

French cars were gorgeous during from the 60's to the 70's. After that old french designers died and were replaced with Guyanese monkeys

Peugeot will make the 2018 Holden Commodore
So yes, they make rubbish cars

I struggle with this. I bet it's a riot but hatchbacks haven't recovered from shit high street clubbing nite 2003 or even earlier they started being crap.
Ok, losing the upright headlights, but then they got really fat

>Peugeot will make the 2018 Holden Commodore

How bad is it that I kind of like this?

Stay away from every peugeot with a giant grill. Every car they made in that time period was awful. The new ones are quite good and the 80s and early 90s ones were godlike.

I own a 2011 Peugeot 206+. Very reliable car. Gas mileage is kinda meh though.

I like this sort of thing

From 2000 to 2010 they were a absolute shit, but current models are pretty good. Not Jap reliability of course but still acceptable.

>e shit, but current models are pretty good. No
No.

>Thinks the Daily Express is a legitimate news source

That's rich. The Express is only just one step above the Daily Mail and they've been blacklisted by Wikipedia as "not legitimate news"

104 ZS2

wouldn't you?

It's always the 205. 1.9 must have killed loads of people.

renault > peugeot > citroen

since last october, i own a december '07, manual, petrol 308, bought at 70k km for EUR 4000

i've hit like 4k km on it and so far:

- left rear light cluster failed due to burned wires or whatever. my guy fixed it for 10 bucks in 10 minutes.

- got the "Depolution system faulty" error message a couple of times. read some shit on the internet and general advice was to drive it a t lower gear and higher RPMs for some time. this removed the error both times.

- there's currently this constant rattling from the engine bay when accelerating and getting into 2.5/3k rpms. sounds like a piece of plastic has detached and is constantly banging on something or some shit, i don't know.

i think it averages about 11l/100km, which isn't that bad, at least for my wallet

if it's cold it needs quite a bit of time to warm up, otherwise it moves worse than usual. i'm noting this because i notice other people get in their cars and take off without warming up. i don't know if they're retarded or i am.

in general, it has a smooth and easy drive, and a comfy interior. at least for me though, i'm a new driver though and this is my first car, so i have very little experience.

I would still go 104 or 106 over the 205.

here we go the 206, this is when everything in the world stopped being good. and we've talked about this a lot

>we go the 206, this is when everything in the world stopped being go

see?

yes, it's a meme, most things on Veeky Forums are memes.

French cars are good, they are modern and some of them are on par with their german equivalents.

I would like to own one one day, but they are a little cliché with the proles

why is everyone in this thread typing like a retard?

106 1.3? 100bhp, You could go to the art gallery in this as well as drive around a council estate,

>You could go to the art gallery in this as well as drive around a council estate,
why would i want to do that? what kind of weirdo are you?

It gets a bit confusing as I don't know what the model looks are for the 1.3 or the 1.6 8v or 16v

I'm perverse

lel not that guy but there is something with french people and art galleries, kind of grew historically I guess, most of them are straight-edge coffee drinking with the pinky in the air type of hipsters

I'm not going camping and I really don't like Paul Weller but I would do Continental

peugot is the king of hatch

Yeah I'm well bored of VW Golf

Have a total service, replace every fluid, replace as many of the fungible parts as you can afford, by which time the garage may spot anything really screwed. then keep it that way and it hopefully let you forget how much you have spent on a 2007 308 with 70km ,

11l/100km? wat lel

general consensus is:
French cars are shit
German cars are great
Jap cars are good

Don't know much about Korean cars tho.
Also, Volkswagen group cars like Seat or Skoda are also good.

Are Opel/vauxhalls good?

They have gotten good after 2004

Holden is the Australian proxy for GM. Are you saying their manufacturing plants will make the Holden Commodore?

dude my fucking 1.7 ton toyota SUV gets 11/100km and it's fucking a lot.
I'm hypermiling it like fucking crazy too.
11/100 is atrocious

lol no
>french cars are shit
>german cars are great for a few days and then they break again and need 10,000 dollars worth of repairs
>jap cars are either good or great

Citroën , Peugeot , Renault , DS Automobiles , Bugatti ,Alpine ,Venturi for the ones producing cars nowadays , and then there is a shit tons of other historical brands like Panhard , Simca , Talbot ect ect

Old peugeot is good , new peugeot is good , what was in between was utter shit.

I hate German cars. I hate a lot of the people that drive them. I like some Porsche but not since Annie Hall came out

Old Peugeot was eccentric, Silver age Peugeot is best, modern Peugeot is a bit sicky feeling

youtu.be/Dl1hk7WFmLs

0 / 1

keep in mind

youtube.com/watch?v=C0fj2RH-BvY

As a frenchmen I can tell you this much:

First, apart from particular models, franch cars are as a whole are seen as shitty and unreliable, and their dealership as crooks.

Secondly, most peoples agree that renault is mostly cuckold tier, with car so poorly engineered it's amost funny, if it wasn't life endagering (google renault espace oil leak, that shit is terrifying)

Peugeot is mixed, old models (up to 206, with a major thumbs up for the 206 and 406, particularly th ecoupé version). Newer models are shit plasticboxes, mostly. I heard they stepped up their game recently tho, but still to be determined.

Citroën usually make ugly but reliable cars, with overcomplicated bells and whistles. Mostly seen as "luxury" brand by normies.

All in all the best french car maker is Bugatti. But it wasn't your point I assume.

And yes, this is humor. Relax.

Don't know what you're talking about bro aren't they still offering the ancient DV6...?

and that is how young european people died in the 90's.

my 106 is brilliant :/