/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread

they look roasted. need to be slightly lighter in color and maybe a bit of fur here and there
head looks especially bad. remove the blackness around their eyes
radiation is probably in effectors.ltx/actor_effects something like that

Second for dead general

What is the white shit on the screen when you're near a mutant in CoM and how do I turn it off?

Mutants are radioactive in CoM i dont know the exact parameter and where its located but i too want to know how to disable this crap

it's the same as misery, isn't it?
could also be postprocess.ltx
try to set
radiation_max_distance = 0
in mutants config

The mutants all refer to postprocess_rad, which is a small bit of text in postprocess.ltx. I already have the "No radiation/ Psy VFX mod" on, and all that does is disable the reference in the radiation zone file to postprocess_rad.

Sooooo I'll try commenting out the fields in postprocess_rad and see if that doesn't break the game:

[postprocess_rad]
;pp_eff_cyclic = 1
;pp_eff_overlap = true

That seems to do the trick for me.

Thanks!

By the way, is there a way to make monolith more aggresive in regards of cross-map movement?

I have the a-life mod installed but they are invading army warehouses way too less than i want. I want them to travel down the maps more than just 1 or 2 guys per spawn cycle. Where can i edit this?

Wait, what did you change exactly?
I don't really want to change every mutant's file.

Checked those 0 trips

I believe every mutants radiation field radius is custom, i have heard than pseudogiants have the radiation radius bigger because of the mass for the sake of ''realism''

There isnt that many mutants man, it will take you only like 20 minutes just by ctrl+f for the lines

CLEAR SKY BEST FACTION

best way to get around MEGAs free trail limit? i managed to get everything except part 4 of the setup process and STCoP

It's not that, it's when I go to merge some other mods that it will be a pain in the ass. Oh well.

Anyone know which sound effect is that really fucking loud footstep sound when you walk on dirt? It sounds like someone wearing clogs on a wood floor and it's killing me. I didn't see it under materials/

sounds\material\actor\step

Anybody?

you could try living zone addon. maybe monolith will reck the shit out of everyone with it

Short of changing my IP, I dont know of anything else to do outside of waiting 6 fucking hours. Anyone?

n_earth was the culprit, replaced them with n_default_, thanks.

no problem. I like the new sounds though, feels fresh

Just that one really bugs me, the rest are great.

It's a CoC thing and it's the black mutants that are radioactive not the rest.

deddest

>Acquire SEVA suit in Clear Sky
>Can't drag corpses now

Does it have the same bug as the Exosuit?

I copied the arm textures from CoC to CoM but it didn't do shit. What gives?

Sorry, I was watching animus. Let's take it easy!

Are Loners the most chill faction? Freedom sounds koolaid until they talk about destroying Duty kebabs. Mercs basically would kill anyone for the shekels.

Duty is too much whipping for me personally.
Thats why i find the freedom gay fest more attractive.
Clear sky and the rest of the factions are too bleh. Bandits look comfy though

Did you copy the arm meshes and configure them in actor.ltx and outfit config files?

No, but I will now, thanks.

has anyone found a reliable way to effectively rush through sarcophagus?

the meshes work but now it crashes:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : pm->m_animations.size()
[error]Function : player_hud_motion_container::load
[error]File : player_hud.cpp
[error]Line : 92
[error]Description : motion not found [vz61_aim]

But is there a manual way to increase monolight aggressiveness on a global scale?

maybe you could increase amount of monofags in monosquad. each squad would be bigger and will just overwhelm their opponents

That could work, where and how do i do that?

chug vodka, chug energy drinks, pop heads

Rev up that SDK

This 2bh

character_desc I think

Gonna try DrX's Desolation with CoM... here goes nothing

>gonna try CoC with atmosfear

No luck, CoM did their spawns differently. Does Desolation just reduce squad sizes?

>Bandits
>Robbing everyone and taxing them.
Unamerican.

Can i combine CoM and its arsenal overhaul with the ordinary CoC addons like pda squads, HUD mods and other garbage? I just want the additional survival aspect but with all the goodies

obligatory valentines Гapдeвoйp

desolation is already integrated into CoM.
by itself it also adds variety to spawns
pda squads might work. all hud mods should work. depends what garbage are you referring to

We're in chernobyl, not America

What does pokemon have to do with ukraine fallout???

The garbage im referring to is a-life mod blue corpses radios galore and so on.

Pretty much everything you can find on the repository and moddb addon section of CoC

Doctorx questlines and faction shit
SoC ambient sounds etc

you're looking at the wrong page. you should check out ap-pro com addons page

absolutely nothing

Yeah but has anybody experimented with it.
In theory call of misery shouldnt conflict with most of the addons by default

Is there a OA merge for CoM+STCoP?

com. fucking vengeance missions promise rifle as payment. first guy who wanted revenge dies to a couple dogs 10 mins before i get back. second guy has demoted himself and wants me to talk to his boss, the fucker.

good thing i lucked out and found a 42% condition aks-74 (modern) with weight reduction and scope upgrades already done.

"in theory"
of course everyone experimented with it until the first crash. after that people made proper merges

Is it really? Because there are fuck huge groups of dogs and shit that in CoC with Desolation would be like 3 mutants. I don't buy it. I know Questlines is in there, and maybe More Mutants, but looking at the spawns in CoM, they aren't very random.

yes. previous thread

drx questlines are in com already. for the rest, download winmerge and compare the want you have against com.

google translate vk
.com/callofmisery

there is and it has been modified. huge groups of mutants can happen with normal desolation too

com recommended spawn ratios are 0.25/0.5 mutants/humans

I see.

Do I need to install the CoM 1.0d fix1, if I already have the STCoP + STCoP fix? Someone mentioned the STCoP's fix includes the necessary files. And the game shows fix 1 in the bottom left corner.

Also, how do people usually go about feeding themselves in Memery? Cooking mutant meat and then removing radiation with cigs?

>Do I need to install the CoM 1.0d fix1, if I already have the STCoP + STCoP fix?
no
yes, that's pretty much it. though the imported food is way cheaper in com than in misery, which I don't like

just buy the old packed meat or whatever its called. 660 kcal for 960 rubles is quite cheap. don't buy shit from sid, his prices are jacked up. but he'll buy your trash items for good prices - all those everyday item things that you will need to sell to stalkers otherwisse.

Alright thanks anons. And that's the sausage that costs 960 iirc.

i meant the pack of old meat (zone-produced) which is 961 rubles most places other than sid who will charge you 1311 rubles. nothing comes close to it that i've found for kcal/$

Ration packs are pretty close, what with about 3k rubles for about 3-3.5k kcal.

sounds even better, actually.

What does this say?
I cannot into slav runes

it says kill yourself

just copy paste overwrite all

are you a developer or not

Im not Todd Howard

I approve. I installed Lost Alpha maps like this.

nice quads, boyo

How do I even use Warfare? What's up with selecting points and levels on the PDA map? What's up with influence points? Are there any hotkeys exclusive to this mod?
I fucking love it when the readme is a goddamn one-liner.

aaa

It's been a hot minute since I had my last diet sausage, and I was looking at starting up an AMK run later tonight. But I kept seeing AMK AE referenced in the last thread. Is it the same as the old AMK 1.4, or did someone actually update the damn thing?

It's been a hot minute since I had my last diet sausage, and I was looking at starting up an CoC 1.3 run later tonight. But I kept seeing CoC 1.4 referenced in the last thread. Is it the same as the old CoC 1.3, or did someone actually update the damn thing?

It's been a hot minute since I had my last diet sausage, and I was looking at starting up an OGSE 0692 run later tonight. But I kept seeing OGSE 0693 referenced in the last thread. Is it the same as the old OGSE 0692, or did someone actually update the damn thing?

It's been a hot minute since I had my last diet sausage, and I was looking at starting up an SoC run later tonight. But I kept seeing CoP referenced in the last thread. Is it the same as the old SoC, or did someone actually make a new game?

WHERE DO I COP A FUCKING STALKER SHIRT AAAAAAAAAAAA

So i got CoM working with all the addons and shit
Ive got a few questions

How do i get the minimap to show up if i installed the nano hud?

Is doctorx storylines included? If yes does it need storymode enabled or not?

and the ''squads shown on pda'' crashed CoM with the script file, even if its detached from the show health bars option.

if you install any hud with minimap then it should show. make sure you copied zone_map files.
in the latest fix it is. you should choose between doctorx questlines and normal coc quest from the faction picking menu

Doctorx aint there as an option, only the standard story mode.

CoM 1.0d

Minimap doesnt want to show either way for some reason im looking at the ui folder and trying to figure out why it doesnt want to prioritize the modded .dds

it's enabled by default, but you can choose normal coc storyline when you start new game
install AA2 hud for coc, it should work 100%

Okay, got the minimap to work.

Squads on pda is still crashing the game due to the script. CoM is on an older CoC version which causes the crash, is there a workaround for this?

>goto shooting galleria in clear sky
>after shooting
>my own gun auto armed
>goy steal muh gun
>can't kill him to get it back
WTF is this? I'm joining FREEDOM now!

search for this addon on ap-pro com addons page

HOLY SHIT I remember I ordered a Stalker shirt from GSC when the first game came out. I ordered a short sleeve, and instead they sent me a long sleeve with a cooler graphic. It was too small for me though lol

What's up with that bedroom in Pripyat? There's an unmarked door that can be used, but it just makes the door sound and never opens. Is it bugged or is it just me?

So aa2 now fucked up my ui item icons for some reason

Military binoculars now show a bottom of freedom's suit.

What the shit

FUCKING SLAVSTOP

Did you play SoC?