/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 14th:
748 – Abbasid Revolution: The Hashimi rebels under Abu Muslim Khorasani take Merv, capital of the Umayyad province Khorasan, marking the consolidation of the Abbasid revolt.
1349 – Several hundred Jews are burned to death by mobs while the remaining Jews are forcibly removed from Strasbourg.
1502 – Spanish Inquisition: The Catholic Monarchs issue a decree forcing Muslims in Granada to convert to Catholicism or leave Spain.

>News
CK2 DD41 - Secret Religious Cults
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

EU4 - 14/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-february-2017.999636/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/592800
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

White and based.

La Plata

W&B

Hearts of Iron II or III lads?

Free Poo in loo DLC from Johanna
store.steampowered.com/app/592800

DH if you want some politics and border autism intertwined at the cost of some UI but III if you want the actual war simulated well rather than doomstack pro.

What are the rightful borders of Armenian Cilicia?

IV :)

these were originally about ancaps but there are some around for every one now

kek

SO COME BROTHERS REJOICE, FOR RESPECT MAKES THE EMPIRES FALL

seems like the colonialism institution spawns with the one doing the most colonailization ... even if it's morocco.

That makes me wonder if I could somehow rush colonizing australia or some place as ming or some big play in asia and set all of europe behind ages by making it spawn in asia.

that's a shitpost right here

I remember seeing this as china colonising NA, but IIRC it just fucked up tech for everyone because literally every country was behind in some way.

>replying
You're encouraging this course of behaviour.

oy vey who would want that

anybody else from /ptg/ here?

nobody

what

the

White & Based

lads

what is /ptg/

Why does the printing press in eu4 only unlock in 1550

Who /gup/ here??

wew lad you guys shitpost about /pol/ all the time but haven't heard of /ptg/? It's basically the general that was behind the election of Trump

>

Just wondering if anybody else from there is lurking here also because many /ptg/ anons seem to play grand strat titles

>spain had more printing presses than england

oh you mean trump general

President Trump general, yeah

Wait, you mean on /pol/? Lad, you're in Veeky Forums, you have to make it clear you're not talking about here.

fuck off

Why do the /pol/ mods never delete our raids there? we had like 2 full threads and they were never deleted

Are Kaiserreich and Millennium Dawn the only mods that can make HoI4 enjoyable?

you can't raid yourself

Because we are descended from /pol/, that was the equivalent to the Australian prime minister going to visit the UK.

because there is a difference between invention of the printing press and official spread. Just like there was internet in the 90s but it didn't realy become part of cultural life untill the early 2000s.

They're too busy deleting trash dove and ctr

>HoI4 enjoyable

You need a lot of fantasy but these two mods can actually make HoI4 fun for a while

You can't polish shit, lad. Sure, you can add in an ebin world and a shit tonne of events but at the end of the day it's always just drawing an arrow from Berlin to Moscow or vice versa.

sometimes I get the feeling /pol/ lives off the energy of other people's raids. Especially because these raids usually stem from some form of butthurt OR hate-love. You don't go raid Veeky Forums after all. Also it could be that /gsg/ is technically a considered a part of /pol/ due to similair topics

We should just make threads on /pol/ lmao, at least we wont get banned for talking about politics

Is this gonna stop the Talambo incident?

the ebin world and the shitton of events are enough to make for some worthwhile casual gaming

Hey, I wrote that event. Neat.

trumpists go to reddit, don't you know

wew lad how the shit did that happen

Daily reminder that anything is possible

ANYTHING
N
Y
T
H
I
N
G

That anal stimulator Colombia is weird. didn't notice it at first. For some reason, that always seems to happen. NOW TELL ME IF I AM KEKED OR NOT.

It was a Papal plot to take over their main rival in Italy.

You might as well cheat to annex Florence as the Papal State and continue as the Pope.

>have fun making an empire of the channel controlled by paulician icon-breaker kings while seducing my sisters
>teutonic order suddenly in the entire lowlands
>hospitallers suddenly in all of provence

what the fuck

post religious map

post cultural map

you better be Norman

You can manually control every division you know, The bonus from planning is small enough that you can ignore.

CK2 just updated for me, what's in it?

See

>What's that, my king, you said that you were bored of catholicism? I mean, I guess Denmark can still into vikings

Norman games are so boring, at least their culture is, since I've had it as my dynasty culture a bunch. I decided to pick Geatish, since in the Old Gods start date there are no existing Geats (you can do the same thing with the 'Gothic' culture; having your dynasty being the only 'Gothic' people still remaining in Europe is based)

Take note of the Cumbric King of the Isles, who holds four king-level titles, pretty nice to have a rival in the great north.

>The bonus from planning is small enough that you can ignore.
The point is the game encourages you to be an arrow drawing nigger.

blimey! I guess we're colonizing everywhere now

Do I need to revalidate if I'm using hacked dlcs?

You can play any way you like. Even when the game encourages you to build more liquor, you can still build an industry without liquor.

Based Erdogan

how do you colonize France so quickly?

>geatish

What

>hahahahahaa lelele lqiauorokdkmsimdminsnisnsims
Right, so just so we're all clear, you're a HoI4 fag from and you post liquor memes here all day because you're so fucking retarded you can only understand HoI4, is that about right?

>based

>so quickly
What?
MTT is about 20 years with a decent steward

>Paragon
>mfw this guy is going to be canonized

They say that Beowulf, the folk hero from Norse legend, was a Geat. It just means what's modern-day southern Sweden, allegedly they were culturally unique from the Swedish Norse

I DID console my first province (started from a Count) to Geat, but after that everything was the result of vassals with high stewardship getting event 550001 and taking the ambition to change province cultures.

>liquorbabby is mad that his shitty game was called out
So cute. Hey, should I remind you that your latest patch was made by Wiz, the strait master? hahahaha

How long since you have your last expansion? 10 years ago?

I should remind you your entire fucking game is made entirely to make money out of tard pros who solely care about graphics because they're too retarded to play real games.

Hey, don't you fucking insult our Total War games. How about you go the fuck back to your /civ4xg/ if you like colonization in your game so much?

>the colonisation of africa shouldn't happen in a game set between 1836 and 1936
>this is what hoi4 babbies really beloeve

Is there any benefit of keeping slavery and what's a good nation to play that would keep it?

Solely roleplaying.
CSA.

Started a game as Croatia to try to fix the schism, but realized catholics can't. Decided to fuck it and instead cut a path through the pagans and form a Catholic wall against the nomads.

Rate these goal borders. Also, should Germany get SLAV'd?

>should Germany get SLAV'd?
nein

I want to make a Basque ethno-state in CKII, what is the best way to go about doing it?

What start date do you want to play from?

goths that stayed in scandinavia

Lads, i am leading a white afrikaaner South Africa to glory. What do we go for if we are to create the promised land for the white man in South Africa?

Whats the deal with Reapers Jew? is it gud

Barred from election!

stop cropping

I usually start with the Old Godsl

Faggot.

Equal Rights! Build the Commonwealth of Africa!

Probably best to just pick whichever is the strongest Basque starting ruler. That or pick one of the stronger south Occitanians and convert. IIRC there's some overlap.

Also be sure to go Cathar for maximum comfy

You can just move your capital to Navarre and embrace their culture but keep in mind that France and whatever blob you'll find in Iberia will outnumber you heavily if you stick to basque provinces.