Monster Hunter General-/mhg/

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Other urls found in this thread:

laxgg.blogspot.com.au/p/mhgen-introduction-contents.html
youtu.be/bpcUgNkVQIs?t=350
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Happy Valentine's Day, /mhg/ !

FIRST FOR BLANCHE

fuck off MLX

Ya dun goof'd

Are Brach everything the best weps in 3U?

>getting cucked by a monster

No, go away wench

>brach GS
>brach LBG
>brach HBG
>brach hammer
>brach bow
>brach sns

no and please kill self

Bushido, Grongigas and Rising Tempest are better, otherwise yes.
Ignore this retard, the SnS is good, the GS is fantastic and the Bow is Kama/Teo tier.

he said best not good

the brach sns is not the best, the brach gs is not the best, the brach bow is not the best

DEMO WHEN

I want to shake the barrels SO BAD

No blast weapon is "the best"

It's already out though?

No way, fag.

How do I git gud at bow? Took me 15 minutes to clear a quest that I did in 5 with LS

Using the bow is really simple

You want to hit the monster without getting hit until it dies.

laxgg.blogspot.com.au/p/mhgen-introduction-contents.html

Any videos up of the demo, bros?

/ourgaijin/ said for us to not watch any streams but his on his discord because it hurts Capcom but I just want a peek, bros!!!!!!!

>deviant diablos actually comboes an attack with the roar
Took it long enough to evolve itself a brain.
I guess HGE/shield/adept will be mandatory for the fight.

Get good skills and an appopriate weapon. Good gear for bows is the most important out of all weapons.
Hit weakspots.
Drink Mega Dash Juices (WAY more important than you'd think for most hunts)

How are you seeing this?

You can't not hit weakzones
You must be in the critical distance

Playing bow is to enjoy aiming at parts of a monster who impolitely moves around sometimes

No, Lucent everything is

youtu.be/bpcUgNkVQIs?t=350

>Drink Mega Dash Juices

Can I just settle with Runner?

>ohko roar combo
deviant diablos bringing on a whole new level of unfun, i see

I'm not happy!

>Drink Mega Dash Juices (WAY more important than you'd think for most hunts)
Unnecessary. They help a lot, but as someone who went from always having dash juice in 4U and getting really used to it to having none in Gen because gypceros literally does not appear in meownster hunters and when it does (about one in 40 hunts) it gives only ~4 dash juice on average, and it's not worth hunting gypceros or ludroth manually at a rate of 1 or 2 dash juice per hunt, it's unpleasant but as long as you make sure you always have a little stamina left to dodge it's doable.

inb4 autismo posts the epic "u get 32 dash juice every single hunt from meownster hunters!! XD" meme, just like you get 9 LEDGs every time you hunt teostra in 4U right

You can settle with nothing and still get good times lol
He's just being a speedrunner wannabe

Don't worry gaijin bro we will see soon enough

Let me rephrase for a more specific case then.
Can just build Brach LS and GL ans blast through quests till endgame.

What the fuck, how exactly does it hurt Capcom?

BASED. Deviant Diablos looks kinotier. The music also maked it feel like you are fighting a primal force of nature against all odds. No elemental bullhist, just brite strength, absolute power

You can do that with every single weapon

Useless, the stam loss comes from Powershot, and before they existed you could settle for nothing and be good.

What GH actually said was that datamined leaks about the game from the demo hurts capcon, not westerners watching the demo being played. Which is also BS but game publishers tend to be kind of sketchy around release date because they don't want people to potentially cancel preorders or decide not to buy. Games make a lot of $$$ off of day 1 sales because people are idiots.

nobody knows. his way of thinking is too profound for those of us not working in the industry

>No elemental bullhist, just brite strength, absolute power
Nice to see that raw will once again be all that matters.

Please screencap the discord message, this shilling is too hilarious not to see.

If the game turns out shit then customers deserve to cancel preorders.

Yes but canceling preorders hurts capcon.

What is the most noobish weapon

And...?

HBG and GS

GS.

And that's what we are talking about. "How does talking about datamined info from the demo hurt capcom?" That's your answer.

>HBG
literally how

You forgot the previous thread

You can just use one of the Absolute arts before or after the roar, the roar stun isn't long enough to true combo.

Depends on your distance from it.

Noobs are almost literally harmless and helpless with HBG.

>discussion of an unreleased japan-only game on a western website is going to have an impact on japanese sales
yes, i get that some people are importing, but those people aren't going to cancel their preorder just because it was datamined to be crap. practically everyone is going to pirate, anyway.

Is there a .cia of the demo anywhere?

It's not out yet. Probably won't be until morning/midday in Japan. Just go to sleep.

tfw found 3 rust shards in one gathering tour

>falling for the obvious bait, which was littered with bait-trigger phrases like 'bros', /ourgaijin/ and 'discord'

cringe

>using the word cringe
cringe
also sage

1 decide my main weapon type for the next year.

Gunlance or Hunting Horn

Insect Glaive

Shelling-only GL.

Hammer.

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, adult kyss!!

Reload Sword

How the fuck do I get Ancient Fish in p3rd, lads?

CB without ever going into axe mode

Switch Axe

Sand attack = cool
Afterimages = one of the worst memes in all of japan

kicks

Wyvern fire only GL

SA might not be the easiest to use (that's definitely GS) but you may be right that it's the most noobish (shitty/new players are drawn to it the most for some reason)

That would be IG in 4U though

Melee Bow.

Honestly the afterimages do a surprisingly good job of fucking up your perceptions if you're going for small window dodges or just blocks.
But after a few fights it's more or less visual fluff.

Though I always enjoy that webm seeing the flubbed dodge from the sand attack.

It's the 15th, when does the japanese E-shop update?

HE
HATES
YOU
ALL

Shelling-only GL.

GS
Hammer
Lance
If these are not your most used weapons you need to go and stay go.

kek

>playing anything but HBG

kys

>playing ranged
what time of month do you start bleeding?

Looks like you're doomed to shelling only GL user, don't fight it.

Lore-wise, what's the strongest monster in existence?
Not counting Man

Konchu

>not counting man
k, Prowler

that backhop looks like something out of the joke webm with the mushroom girl

Dalamadur, Dire Miralis and Nakarkos.

shakas

Interesting idea. Assuming you wf as soon as possible, and are using a long lv 4 gunlance (which is the highest gen has afaik), and also assuming wf damage hasn't been buffed or nerfed (I can't find info on it!) and you eat for bombardier on top of artillery expert, you can attack every 90 seconds for 336 damage. Non-event Akantor, for an example of a monster with a lot of health, has 11147 health. That means you could, with wf only, theoretically kill the monster in 34 WFs, or 51 minutes- JUST over time. Still, it should work on just about anything else.

Melee bow is actually not as bad as people think. You have access to any status (as green sharpness) and a fast 34mv combo- Given its speed, it has just a little less MVPS than HH, but while HH has AUL song, bow has permanent white sharpness on all weapons (with close range coating). I THINK the best bow for this is amatsu's, which before any skills and after considering sharpness and affinity has an effective 321 raw. The best raw horn with AUL for initial damage (before sharpness goes down) is the relic horn with an effective 252, 300 after accounting for AUL. So you can see that before even accounting for skills and sharpness degradation, the bow has a lot more base raw than the worst BM weapon (which is low-hanging fruit, sure, but the question is whether it's viable and better than people think, not whether it's good).

if I roll a 4 I can poke too

>No Charlotte for Valentine's Day

>using GS at all, even when it was good
>using hammer when it's been shat on so hard
Lance is both patrician and the best weapon in gen

just give up user

MHXX demo when

>grongigas
>not best

Mishit a key, the horn is 302 after AUL.

White Fatalis. Dunno what the eclipse thing was for but no other monster comes close to that display of power.

Fatalis trio and Dire Miralis.

>Go to the store
>every single preowned game is either PKMN SM or MHGEN
Is it the same in every store?

The eclipse opens a portal that fatty travels through. In case you haven't noticed, almost all elder dragons use magic, in stark contrast with the "normal" monsters that have purely physical/scientific explanations for their abilities (shoddy and anime science, but still meant to be logical).

It's not shoddy and anime if you exclude shitmons