Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/2nb3yf
poal.me/joj5q4
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1487095189058.webm
soundcloud.com/jasozz/hg2d-intro-concept
vampiredev.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Le'ts settle this once and for all.
Don't vote if you're not going to enter the jam.
If you vote "Other" specify your suggestion here.
poal.me/2nb3yf
poal.me/2nb3yf
poal.me/2nb3yf

What bugs will you fix today? Missing game content and features also count as bugs.

little guy supposed to be frozen but he just don't give a h*ck

So have you all finally recovered from the Steam announcements?

>psycho shitposter makes the thread

amazing how it coincided with another meltdown in the real poll

poal.me/joj5q4
poal.me/joj5q4
poal.me/joj5q4

I need to not only find some more appropriate "body hitting the floor" sound effects, I need more of them for variety's sake.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1487095189058.webm

But you didn't make the thread.

the bug that has kept me bedridden for the past 2-3 weeks

Remember to vote, guys!

poal.me/joj5q4

I'm a shitposter now because I don't fill the OP with shit and purposefully break all the links?

Shut up, d4.

these sfx are hysterical, I love it

>cross platform
Using DesktopGL, you get exactly that.

>conio style getch() and colored text output
I can't say I even know what you mean, but I don't know of any console type stuff in it. There's nothing saying you can't just code that I guess though. You might want to look around, but be careful, some libraries might be Windows only. Monogame doesn't have great text support as it winds up being blurry spritefont stuff due to cleartype (more like bleartype mirite). Monogame.Extended has better support with BitmapFont. There's also Nuclex's vector font, but you'd have to edit it and take the windows only parts of it out. Best of luck to you, user!

Mortal kombat has some amazing sounds and voiceclips.

That weird framerate/time issue
Or so I hope

Also niggas, POST PROGRESS. I'll comment on any serious progress!

This thread is closed until further notice so that the Shitposters may be removed. The Jam topic has been decided. Thank you for your patience and obedience in this trying time in my thread.

Also, may I ask why you need anything other than Console/Terminal for that? The only reason I can think of is that coloration implementation is system specific, but this is just plain windows CMD.

Got proper lighting objects set up, that all have adjustable size, color, and optional glow sprites.

Got "damaged" sprites done for the player, so now I'm trying to decide whether to use a placeholder sprite and start work on combat, or design an enemy and sprite them first.

Did some music last night too
soundcloud.com/jasozz/hg2d-intro-concept

I don't think I've seen you around yet, so mind telling me a bit more about your game? Judging from the music and the graphics, it seems like a survival horror?

that looks bad...
you should make him move inside the ice but keep the ice mesh solid piece

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Untitled Campfire Game
Dev: VampireDev
Tools: Game Maker, Photoshop
Web: vampiredev.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+ Fixed the bad looking line breaking.
+ Reworking background (seamless tiling and layers).
+ Added a couple of new details to some animations.
+ Started working on dynamic-ish shadows for characters and objects.
- Been sick since lastl week, lot of dev time lost.
- Didn't make it in time for comfy jam.

2D Topdown survival horror, yeah. Mostly centering around a "focus" based shooting system I used in an old top-down shooter of mine that wound up with some pretty satisfying gunplay.

I've been here awhile, I just hop projects alot, sadly.

>lastl week

it's a bug, it just looked funny enough to make a Graphics Interchange Format of it

Add some Bruce Campbell voice clips and it's perfect

Well, let's hope this is the project that you finally finish, right? It looks like it has a bunch of potential.

>be sick
>make a typo
>get shit on for it
Never change, Veeky Forums, never change.

Get well!

who is Bob Ross of gamedev

Enemies can now aim and shoot. They correctly lead the target and are pretty precise.
I have to stop them from ramming the player at high speeds tho.

It's okay, I'm just teasing you. Get well soon campy user.

Nobody. Gamedev is dead.

Thanks. I'm feeling a little better today, so I'm back to action.

Yeah that'd be swell! Thanks user

Thanksl.

No problem, keep it up. What are future plans for what you plan on doing with it? You're at the stage where it has infinite potential and I'm curious what kind of route you're going. It sounds like you're doing something fairly actiony?

----[ Recap ]----
Game: A Smol RPG
Dev: polisummer
Tools: 3ds Max, Blender, Unity, GIMP, Aseprite
Web: polisummer.tumblr.com
Progress:
+ added UI sounds
+ simple quests are working
+ added more animations to the player character
+ saving and loading works now
+ added particle effects to battles
+ """source"""
+ crafting is almost done
+ dialogue system can now have branches
- need some actual music
- couldn't make comfy jam deadline

I voted pirates. I've never participated in a jam. Do I have to make a game now? Is it ok if it's shit?

Adding in a controls tutorial that's not text (finally), and trying to resolve a few issues in the introduction that are causing music skips/bad fadeouts/etc.

Also taking out all the manual transitions to new scenes and replacing them with a unified fade-in/fade-out control so that the movement time between areas is always consistent.

Also a very quick polish pass on the general interfaces of the game. Then I'm on to bridging the Intro to Act 1.

Yeah, mostly because of the coloration. I'd like to be able to build and work on the project on my uni laptop (linux) and my desktop pc (windows). I mean I could probalby write small function to abstract the platform specific stuff. Also I didn't find much on coloring console output, when searching before. I found methods to do it in linux and windows now though.
But the other reason is that I have not found a getch like the one in conio. What I mean by that is that it does not wait for the user to press enter, the function returns as soon as any key is pressed. The only solution to that would be using ncurses I guess. And when I'm about to learn a library anyways I thought I could as well go directly to a game library so that I can use the same library in the future.

Don't tempt me, those red caped dudes with the maces actually speak in reversed and demonized Duke Nukem one liners.

and I got another mage guy that carries a magic rifle that yells out demonic one liners from this asshole

>tools.aggydaggy.com
how do you format WebMCam to make webms that can be posted on Veeky Forums?

I keep get a warning about high resolution but I can't figure out how to change any settings

Well that getch thing is in Monogame and it's what I use for hard kb text entry. It's under Window.TextInput.

Oh yeah I should mention that since it's an event, it operates a bit differently by nature, but you can code a quick and easy buffer to emulate getch()s style of fetching.

r8 my first ever human model

/agdg/ doesn't cover tabletop rpgs does it

robot/10

Still, isn't too bad.

pretty good but using spheres instead of joints is cheating

>Veeky Forums - Video Game Generals

Would make a good doll.

I'd like it to, but no. TG is what you're looking for.

Veeky Forums has an incredible amount of homebrews

Nah we're just video games bro. I think Veeky Forums has TBRPG threads, though.

i'm 3d-modelling challenged and need to take baby steps with rigging and animation

I second Bruce Campbell one-liners.

I'd put the action somewhere between RE2 and RE4. There will be more combat than 2, but slower paced and less over-the-top than 4. The combat centers around bringing out your weapon and waiting for your character to "focus" to get critical shots. Your focus decreases when you move and fire, so crowd control is essential to give yourself enough space to line up good shots.

in SDL, how do you ship textures? just put them in a folder and hope the player doesn't delete them?

To be honest, I've only played 1, 4, and 5. The gameplay sounds like it could be interesting but it'll probably be frustrating, but that frustration factor is rather linked to the survival horror part of it, so it works, really.

why would a player delete files from the install folder?

putting them in an archive will improve load time

Use OBS + Webm for retards. WebMCam may seem convenient, but it's really just "take a screenshot cropped to these dimensions at 30fps", nothing more.

>putting them in an archive will improve load time
That's debatable. If you have them in the archive in the order that they are loaded, it works. If you have to seek around a lot in the archive, it could be potentially faster to have the files "loose" especially on an SSD.

If I'm only devving for fun, is it wrong if I don't have a 'main game' I work on for several months or years, and instead keep making small projects and jam games?

I'm trying to strike a good balance with the combat to avoid frustration. You move pretty quickly when you aren't aiming, and you can still strafe about, albeit slowly, while you're aiming. The focusing happens quickly, just not so quickly that you could magdump and never miss a shot.

only if you do this to develop an image and following

I can fap to this

That's fine. I used to do that myself before I settled on a main project to stick to.

HOT PROGRESS

what if I don't care about any of that?

>installing programs just to create content for a shitposting circlejerk
This low is sadly not new.

Not this shit again.

then you will eventually regret it when you might one day start a bigger project and look for publicity

E X T E N D

>circlejerk

Thread's fucked. Everyone go home.

When does the next jam start?

where's your game

Lots of devs do that, myself included. The important thing is you're enjoying yourself.
One day I'd like to make a bigger game, but for now I enjoy making jam games and learning from those.

google "Darkest Dungeon"

Right now.

itch.io/jam/agdg-cops-jam

If you make decent jam games you're going to get a small following whether you want it or not.

I started doing that when I was 12, and I did that for about 5 years until I stopped because I lost the game I was working on in a HDD crash. I didn't start devving again until I was 20.

still no released game

>itch.io/jam/agdg-cops-jam
it's a 404

Admin

The player can now select, rotate and build units with resources.

Next up:
Build range limit so that the player can only build next to other buildings
Transmission line unit that will later be used for resource mining and storage
Super basic AI for filling the void in the player's heart

Why are you doing this to the thread?

Not really human is it now? I don't see many humans with ball joints

Should I give up with the usable bomb?

>not freeing nodes when they leave the screen
The hell?

You can make more bullets than that, user.

p-post that qt model

alright I still don't know why movement was slower as framerate went down
but at least I've fixed it mostly because of you guys
too bad I have some work to do for the uni now

>alright I still don't know why movement was slower as framerate went down
I'd say because you're not using delta time. That's like 99% the reason that happens in any game regardless of the framework.

no the windows file api has an undefined operation time

Looks neat, why would you want to give up on it?

delet this

I was using it in the other project, just like this one, that's why I find it so weird.
I probably messed around in the settings and fucked up something at one point.

That is because the usable bomb node is played directly outside of the stage.
The low fps is because of console warning spam looking for the level.

loli jam before or after demo day?