/scg/edg/ Dangerous Star-Spangled Elite Citizen General #131: Resisting Banu Subversion Edition

Star Citizen Information:
>FAQ for newfags
pastebin.com/16fui1G1
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahL3UTqycdw
youtube.com/watch?v=IynELHNqh0w
youtubemultiplier.com/58a30b606139d-relaxing-in-a-spaceship-comfy-in-bed.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

congratulations on seeing your legs, /edg/

Should I melt a Cutlass Black->Blue upgrade I've got sitting around for a Starfarer->Gemini upgrade?

>can't customize ships without paying rl money
>can't customize appearance without paying rl money
jesus christ I'm not against a premium shop with extra "more detailed" customization stuff, but ALL of the customization options put in it is fucking ridiculous

are the dads upset about this? the ones in SC lost their shit about being able to fly and shoot in 3p for the longest time until the game actually came out and proved it offered no advantage whatsoever.

I think after the ship transfer fiasco fdev has gotten more reserved about listening to their forums bitch and use the stream reception as their green light / red light test.

have they ever released an update that also improved features in the base game for free? perhaps someone should tell them throwing your base players a bone is a thing people actually do because it generates goodwill, which they are horribly deficient in.

I'll be buying it, if it includes good helmets and suits.

I'd pay double that for cyber-limbs.

>ship transfer fiasco
I'd consider that more of a balance thing that a "muh immershun" thing.

>I'd pay double that for cyber-limbs.
at least we get bionic eyes for free

Looks better than Star Citizen to me, or at least as good.

It sounded like there would be a set of basic clothing options that you get for free, plus premium ones (that white/purple striped one they were using). But it'd be nice if ship paint were like that too, $5+ for plain solid colors is a bit much.
I can imagine them throwing fits at how far you can zoom the camera away from yourself.

it could have easily been
>free and wait
>pay rebuy cost for instant

There is no purpose to pay and wait all it ends up with is me flying somewhere and going afk for an hour until my ship shows up.

This is the first time this game looks good to me.
If they would lower the price for horizons i would buy it.

What's the circular thing on top?

the cockpit

it went from 50 something € down to 25 and it's still too much for you? where were you when you could get the base AND horizons for 50 something € ?

Eh?

>$5+ for plain solid colors is a bit much
exactly, I mean I'm okay paying for skull designs and all that faggotry, but having to pay $6 min for FUCKING COLOR VARIATIONS is so retarded
should be unlockable through missions and whatnot, or outright purchaseable with in-game money, or both
what the fuck

just looks like a hatch. the bulk of ED ships don't actually have interiors, so they can just slap stuff wherever

>tfw finally get a sassy black woman copilot

It still amazes me how they somehow managed to make both the 300 series and 85x look sleek from some angles but like shit from all others.

Isn't rebuy cost kind of trivial at higher levels? maybe something increasing and with a cd, kinda like how respecs used to work back in vanilla wow if you ever played that.
I think the reasoning might have been how it would be really cheesy having a "jump ship" with nothing but a huge FSD and basically anything else, then a "combat ship" with shitty jump range, and being able to swap them almost on the fly. But I agree, more options for convenience would have been great, it could have been a money sink too.

a few hours would be a reasonable wait,days however

Will I like Elite: Dangerous If I'm a X series fag that used to space autism and interstellar jewing?

>pls reply

maybe

Since you've said you're a fan of X series, a pretty fucking boring, buggy and autistic space sim, then you'll definately should get ED.

i mean x:rebirth had a story and control of multiple ships

Are you implying both of those were any good or worthwile?

When they didn't bug out yeah

Anyone around 17D to give an update of what's up?

Yes. But FDev's 'improvements' to features are generally minimal and do not actually achieve what the players wanted anyway.

As a general rule they don't actually improve things. The entire game is a first pass that never went under revision and instead was pushed out the door.

Bullshit, the primitive haphazardly assembled management sim layer in X games was never good.

Story was always filler garbage.

>Isn't rebuy cost kind of trivial at higher levels?
My FdLs rebuy is 11mil I can reasonably do that 20 times before I'm in trouble.

It's only trivial for a select group of players.

Balance of what? This isn't like EVE where logistics of materials and resources actually have effects on a functional economy and other players.

If player A tranfers his ship across the bubble in a few seconds who gives a shit? How exactly does that effect anyone else? There's nothing to balance.

Fairly sure it's a hardpoint. There's one of the bottom too that they showed off in camera mode.

>think the reasoning might have been how it would be really cheesy having a "jump ship" with nothing but a huge FSD and basically anything else, then a "combat ship" with shitty jump range, and being able to swap them almost on the fly. But I agree, more options for convenience would have been great, it could have been a money sink too.

No way there is a much better built in game mechanic.

The shipyard is required for a ship transfer
Paying for a transfer to be instant could have just been your insurance paying the cost of dismantling the ship at one location for parts and rebuilding it at the other location.

They could have just played a little cut scene of your ship being rebuilt

When is the next expanse episode?

No. X actually has has a functional world even if it's populated entirely by NPCs. Elite is a like a loony toons scenery painted on a canyon wall. Go too close and you smack into it.

Tomorrow coyo

>a functional world
Elaborate on this, and nefore you say MUH CHANGING PRICES keep in mind how miniscule is that and prices change in ED too.

>like a loony toons scenery painted on a canyon wall
But that's literally X3 where planets are 2D backgrounds, At least ED has realistic 3D space.

Been awhile since I played X but I thought NPCs in the X games actually exist. They travel around their routes buying and selling things.

Whereas Elite's NPCs are generated when you pop into an instance and disappear when you leave.

I assume something to the extent of not having randomly named mr pirate that appears on your ass no matter where in deep space you are throwing a canned line at you before attacking, but rather having something closer to SC's subsumption where the NPCs actually move from place to place and prices are a function of a real economy, though I could be wrong.

As far as I know, X3 had an economy that entirely ran itself, the only "cheat" being that NPC Solar Power Plants didn't actually need any resources to produce fuel to ensure that the entire thing never ground to a halt.

I have that ship, it opens up and reveals an orange glowing thing when you're on high heat (I'm guessing anyway, since I was fuel-scooping at the time). Heat sink or something.

Flying back to the bubble from Colonia is suffering.

>It's only trivial for a select group of players.
It's usually that "select group of players" that would like to take advantage of an instant transfer like that, and they should, but there should also be some sort of soft-capped limit, so that's why I said an increasing cost with a cooldown could have been a good compromise.

I would assume they want to reinforce the strengths and weaknesses of the different ships types and outfits.

>logistics of materials and resources actually have effects on a functional economy
The BGS, even if shitty and shallow, it's still there.

>Actually going to Dadonia

solar panel/s?

I wanted to do it once just to do it. Not like there's anything else to do in this game.

I saw more people in once place in Colonia than I ever do in the bubble. Feels more lively somehow.

CGs to build a frame shift jump gate between the bubbles would be cool but the explorer Dad's would probably bitch and moan about how easy kids would have it if that happened and that in their day they jumped 1000 times, uphill, bothways and they liked it.

I dunno, it spins around and shit, then closes when you move away from the star as you cool (I think that's why it closes anyway)

I don't know shit though

They also exist in ED since couple of recent patches, they have logical routes and you can follow them from sc to normal space.

>randomly named mr pirate that appears on your ass
But that happened in X too, what the fuck?
>closer to SC's subsumption where the NPCs actually move from place to place and prices are a function of a real economy
Since when SC has real economy and NPCs?

Again, prices change in ED too, both from your actions and actions of others. Maybe not to a scope you imagine it too but ED has a bigger world also.

At that point question is, why not play a competent tycoon sim from the get go instead of a buggy and basic as fuck slapped on mess of code you need to sorta make work through mods?

that would only work if the station you are rebuilding it at has the modules and the ship

>people in the facebook group I'm in are all disappointed
>I'm actually really excited
Lucky this is anonymous, is anyone here from the carebear free zone?

Also what's the best way to make a few billion? I own every ship in the game but my funds are running kinda low.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahL3UTqycdw

youtube.com/watch?v=IynELHNqh0w

Someone explain the "commando" meme to me.

It's how shitizens steal our o7 CMDR meme.

The FDL doesn't have a hardpoint up top like the bottom does.

Any tips for CZ griding?

Seems like every time i try to do it, like 5-6 ships spawn right on top of me and they all attack me at once.

Any way to avoid that shit?

Wu guinagi/Hip>Sothis/Ceos

I always wait a couple minutes for everything to spawn in and them all to get focused on each other before picking a side

unless a side is already picked for you, in which case just boost the fuck out of there and return without the aggro

Did you not hear? Sandi is IN SQ42.

But can i tickle her?

>trying to get some god tier boosters
>can't find a single untypical shield scan
WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND THESE THINGS

ITT: goons

You can usually tell them apart because they pick on devs personally and hatefully, especially Chris, Ben and Sandi.

But they make funny pics.

*it's how goons steal your CMDR meme. other goon tell-words include but are not limited to CiG, croberts, jpeg, shitizen, cultist, other terms that may seem like they are goonish but are more likely anons making fun of them are ELE, 90 days, tenbux, and various EvE terminology.

uh no we pick on Ben because he's bad for the game. the retarded /x/pol/ tier speculations about the personal lives of other random devs though, yeah that's goonism.

Goons don't have a monopoly on the word cultist. I use it too.

Goons don't have a monopoly on the word shitizen. I use it too.

Or shitizen.
I will forever refer to myself as a shitizen purely on the basis that I would aspyixiate if I ever pronounced "I'm a Star Citizen!", due to the immense levels of autism that would overcome me on my youtube/twitch live stream to 13 viewers to get me MVP of the week in a reddit-centric community that I don't give a fuck about.

tl:dr i'm fucking taking Shitizen back for /scg/ you fucking porch monkeys.

>Yet another general that is going to succumb to Waifu posting

another one bites the dust.....

What will the Origin 600 look like?

>it's /scg/ having it's goon scare moment episode
Merge was a mistake.

>Been awhile since I played X but I thought NPCs in the X games actually exist. They travel around their routes buying and selling things.
While that is true, it doesn't really change anything. NPC ships were generated on the fly, and shooting them down did nothing but ruin your reputation with that faction. IIRC you could literally camp a certain station and kill any ship coming out of it, and they'd never stop coming.
X3 tried to have a functional economy, but failed spectacularly. Any production chain more complicated than A+B is guaranteed to grind to a halt. Advanced weapons pretty much never get produced ever, and you can't even deliver the resources yourself because the game removes "unprofitable" factories automatically. AFAIK you have to wait for one of the weapons to spawn in one of the trading stations, then use a duping exploit to get more of them, just to fully equip one heavy fighter.

DO NOT TEMPT ME FRODO.

I wonder what that new clock icon in the right top panel does?

like this

tells time

oh no..
that better not be a fucking timer
IT BETTER NOT BE A FUCKING TIME
I SWEAR TO GOD IF THAT IS A WAITING TIME
I ALREADY GOT DISAPPOINTED WITH SPACE LESBIANS DO NOT MAKE IT HAVE A LOADING TIME
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>short haired chicks are your fetish
PRAISE BRABEN

3.0 when? The lack of an estimate at this point worries me.

Before 4.0.

after 2.0

Two

more jaypegs are required to fuel the fidelitron productionator

Two star citizen questions:

Is the cutlass a turning brick?

Also: 325a vs avenger vs gladius for dogfighting. Rate these and tell me why.

Buy more ships user.

>Is the cutlass a turning brick?
If it was a car, it would be a full size sedan. Not great and worthless on a track, but it can get out of it's own way.

325a: wildcard. wait for the rework. the meme is it has an advanced weapons radar.

Avenger: I assume you mean the Warlock, which is very useful in a team, otherwise, it's a slightly better starter ship.

Gladius: Actual combat ship. Best missile load of the three. Need a Hornet or Sabre for a better fighter.

Posting for Comfy

youtubemultiplier.com/58a30b606139d-relaxing-in-a-spaceship-comfy-in-bed.php

isn't the cutl;ass a lot more of a wildcard at this point? it's rework is actually in progress, and it's pretty significant, changing the entire shape of the ship and it's thruster location and center of gravity, while the 300 series rework has not started and may not change the flight model whenever (if) it does happen.

Not really. The 300 series is functionally broken as a design and has to have something significant done to make the ships usable with item 2.0 and cargo. The Cutlass was changed a lot, but inside it's own footprint. As far as handling, it should be better than a Lancer but not quite a Vanguard.

300 series rework could be anything from a cargo pod and re-skin to a whole new ship. If they don't mount a cargo pod under it, it will almost have to grow in size.

>If they don't mount a cargo pod under it
pretty sure they said that's what they're gonna do. I don't think it's broken at all, the 325a is one of the better ships I've rented. the biggest problem it has is with a mechanic that doesn't exist yet, so I wouldn't be holding my breath for that rework.

Yeah, I think the long touted 300 series rework, is gonna be more like the 2.6.1 super hornet update. It'll get some cosmetic polish to bring it in-line with item2.0 and the Origin style guide (85x established) rather than a full rebuild like the Cutlass.

The 300i strafes left constantly, unless they fixed that. 315p has a tractor beam, jump scanner, and jump drive that won't even be usable until 3.1 for tractor beam and 4.0 for any jump points, 325a is supposed to do some shit with its radar but who knows, and the 350r is too heavy to compete with M50 and Razor.

Try a M50 with Strife mass drivers for a rental. Amazeballs.

Who knows? I think the cargo pod is a patch, and not really well thought out given all the wasted space in the current design. I would be surprised if CR lets it go at that.

Comfy cabin pressure alert

>muh tractor beam
cutlass and caterpillar have them too, cat even has a room dedicated to it, that doesn't mean they'll function any time in the next six months.

So after skimming through the thread, Frontier has actually made a third person camera? The dads abhorred the idea of a third person camera last time I checked.

will you be able to watch your CMDR suffocate and die in the new update, or will they just stoically stare forward at their own demise?

Which Cutlass? Black doesn't afaik. It might be integral to cargo, so we get tractor beams in 3.0. I think 3.2 with salvage is more likely.