/twg/ - Total War General

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.

CA have advertised Isabella von Carstein as a Legendary Lord as part of the Make War not Peace dealio.
As her announcement video informs us for those unaware of the lore:
>As a Vampire, Countess Isabella is forever at Vlad's side-
As a Legendary Lord she may never be. Bravo CA.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Days gone by:

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/Team_Radious
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I didn't know where the Isabella news was posted and thus couldn't add it to OP.

>2 theards
hmm... this one has a less shitpost-y OP pic so I hope people choose it

Enough of the feminist shitposting on either side, what meme abilities will Isabella have?
Will she be as cuhrazy as Vlad von Creed?

If our daymio is to become shogun, military ruler of all Japan...

>no historic tw game for years
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH ROME

Well they did say they might make more DLC for history titles in between Warhammers

I just typed out the news rather than link the video.
Just an announcement trailer which doesn't say anything anyway.

Could've just googled it.

Not that it matters either way, this is a decently active time of day(relatively speaking), but if it's the DEADZONE, just make it yourself. Google pertinent information if you have to.

Does Isabella mean we're not getting Red Duke & Mousillon now?

We will because Vampires don't have enough lords already but they will be legendary heroes that can only fight in Isabella's army because they are stupid cis males and women do all the work anyways

Still hasn't been confirmed that we will be getting that at all, but they should be unrelated.

Hey...like what if the unexplored period they mentioned is actually medieval/renaissance India?
I wonder how that will work. They probably wouldn't want to create too many brand new assets for DLC. Maybe use Charlyman factions, units and assets and make an 800 AD DLC using the Attila map.

*Mallobaude & Mousillon
Why would they give the Red Duke away for free when he's the campaign unlock for Wood Elves? Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping he'll be a grand campaign LL too, but I just find this doubtful.

It's possible but I don't think they would do a good job or capture much of an audience.

They've already shoved the Red Duke in Mousillon, I doubt Mallobaude's existence in TW as of now.

Yeah, it was just a random though.
The setting probably offers quite some variety in terms of factions though with all the different cultures there like Portugal in Goa.

I dunno man, I like all those one or two word random buffer posts that totally aren't made by the OP of the other thread.

Oh fuck I somehow completely missed the time period you referenced.
I went off the image, and I've mostly seen that format of map displaying the classical era.

Renaissance India could be pretty cool I guess.
The rise of the Mughals, the arrival of colonial powers and shit yeah. Could even have Zhang He show up or some shit.

Yeah, starting with the Mughals would probably be a good choice.
It would offer up an interesting mix of swords, spears, axes, guns, bows and cannons along with horses, camels and elephants.

>tfw started history classes at uni
>tfw want to sperg out about battles in greece or rome or egypt but I can't because this is History 1, an introduction to all eras and most important events and civilizations

Atleast I got to sperg out just a little about Teutoburg.

It could also feature lots of outside events as you mentioned.
I guess Portugal could be there from the start but other powers would arrive as time goes on. Then the subcontinent becomes a battlefield between Europeans and you have to choose how to deal with it.

>Another VC Lord
>They're up to 5 now

FUCKKKK YOU CA STOP WASTING TIME AND RESOURCES ON THIS FACTION NO ONE CARES ANYMORE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What did you do user?
Were you the only one to know what happened there?

>tfw this thread is nice and pleasant with all the Warhammer shitposters away in the other thread that I created

i feel good and bad

armored musket elephants (mounted) would be kewl

Apparently I alone was the one who even knew about the battle of Teutoburg in the first place. I suspect one or two more might've known but I only gave a very brief explanation as to what happened. I didn't want to show my power level to the entire class.

You did well user.
GUYS WHAT IF!
What if Isabella becomes the a new Sylvania LL while Heinrich Kemmler gets moved to Mousillon?

I still adamantly believe Vlad should lead his own Vampire faction and his gf should be part of that
At the very least

I really like that he has chains on his trunk
The bells are cool too

> the other thread has nearly twice as many posts

Fund it. Red Duke, Kemmler, Mallobaude for Mousillon. Seems like a really fleshed out "minor" faction.

>Isabella
>Still no Krell

CA?

>putting chains on the trunk so it can use it as a flail

Krell is a shitlord cis male

It's good that you showed you knew something. Keep it up user.

Why isn't Gobbla a seperate LL as well?
Is it because he doesn't even have a gender?

I want to become a professor in history (see: ancient warfare) so I better show something atleast.

Also don't forget the Portoguese-Mamluk naval war.
Side with the Portuguese and get European boats and guns.
Side with the Mamluks and get a huge galley fleet with some Mamluk cavalry.
Don't worry senpai. They'll notice you, especially if you show potential and write decent papers.

Yeah, the economic-military plays of producing enough spices to keep the europeans from fucking you over / extorting the natives just enough to keep production up without just wiping out all the workers.

You can't keep your power level contained for long.
At least you're in the right place.

I once worked with this ex-military middle aged man who was super proud of his german lineage and kept talking about his granddaddy who was apparently SS(just the military arm, or so he swore).
He loved to talk about military history and consumed an ungodly amount of military documentaries.

And he thought Nuremburg was the capital of Bavaria and had no clue that the Germans ever owned Silesia.
I brought a fucking atlas to work to teach him

Is Warhammer worth 12 US Shekels?

>Americans

Not quite, cunt.

Yeah it's pretty decent if you like the setting.

>discount Americans

What's worse is, our only seminar about Rome was just the one seminar.

While he did indeed tell us the rise and fall of Rome, it was so fucken poor. He's a good teacher, but seeing as this is an introductory course I was pissed because I myself refuse to believe you can condense Rome in 100 minutes.

I'm pretty sure you are in a thing for people who have literally never heard about history and haven't even gotten the timeline down properly, don't know about republic and empire etc

If you are American you are surrounded by lawyer undergrads

Nigga didn't even fucking mention Atilla at the end. I'm pretty sure he was a big reason for why WRE fell.

Rude dude.
But accurate I suppose.

It sounds like an introduction thing for people who have no idea about anything so it's condensed.
You'll certainly get a chance to visit more specific lectures which are more specified than you could imagine. One of the profs at our university regularly hold a course about the Second Punic War. Basically if you visit it you can spend 90 minutes once a week for half a year learning everything you could imagine about Hannibal and the Punic War.
Never visited it myself but I wager he goes into a lot of details.

>tfw you will never be a history major

it sounds so fun, but i do need a job when im an adult

im a STEMfag and want to kill myself

There are no such here. And as I wrote, I am well aware that it is an introductory course.

There are only 4 cities in the country with a focus on antiquity and I live near none of them unfortunately.

hi, newfag here, am I right in saying that halberdiers are direct replacements for spearmen? they're superior in almost every stat.

yep

I'm really shit at sciences and love history so it was the obvious path for me.
It's really fun but as you say unlike sciences you don't actually know what the future hold. It might go well or not.
That sucks m8.
But since you're studying history you'll probably get into interesting courses eventually. It's not all going to be introductions stuff dealing with thousands of years all the time.
Spearmen are pretty bad desu.
Go superior halberd.

Anglos or Australians?

I'm Australian and cunt was referencing that, don't know if that's what he meant as discount but it probably was.

It would be neat if CA went forward making some more titles about historical periods that are less prominent like they did with Attila

I did assume Australian.

Yeah, but the problem is they still have to sell the games. Obscure periods might be fun but it's not clear if the customer will like it.
Charlyman was pretty cool though and it wasn't an all too famous period being after Rome but before the middle ages.

I wonder if the next one will be China or Age of Exploration though.

Thanks, wasn't sure if it was really Australians.

>mace with neat hand guard
>arm blade
>punch stick
>in addition to my war hammer and shield i need two sabers and a pet lizard

radical

>how_to_spot_the_player_character_in_a_group_of_npcs.jpg

why is Indian and south east Asian stuff so nasty looking and viscous?

because they are savages that must be subjugated

Maybe it's because they're so far south that their warfare was mostly contained to themselves.
While anything that was invented further north just eventually spread along the silk road.

>at some point somebody needed or might need a stock image of a dog in a glasses, a hat, tie and gloves waving the the union jack

o brother you have no idea

That one could sorta be useful like maybe to advertise visiting an otorhinolaryngologist or some perfume.

what about this one

Well that one was made for /twg/, Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums obviously.

That's what living in a jungle does to you.

>you don't know what the future hold

Statistically 30 year olds who hold any college degree tend to make decent money and have a lower unemployment rate than the general population even when considering "real unemployment" of people who have stopped working for jobs.

This meme of "if you don't go into STEM or medicine or something equally rigorous you are FUCKED" is starting to get really retarded. The only way you're going to be underemployed or unemployable is if you picked a degree which is difficult to apply to many workplaces and you're a total retard that can't figure out where even those few workplaces are, like majoring in Chinese and then trying to go work in France or some country the chinks haven't infested.

Okay, so- I'm disappointed at the lack of legendary heroes. And I'm kind of irked that to make Vlad and Isabella work together, you need two armies wandering around after each other, no lightning strikes allowed. But Christ, I don't get this insane rage frenzy going on over this. Is this the power of lorefag autism?

I feel like a big reason people are angry is Grace posting about how there are "20 male legendary lords to choose from" and how she is just super happy to finally play as a girl leading armies that isn't inferior to anyone when my actual issue is the gameplay - why make a big deal out of her cooperation with Vlad if I will basically never use them on the battlefield together?
Is there need for another Van Carstein legendary lord in the same faction at all?
People have called for legendary heroes before, wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity?

Her "defense" just has nothing at all to do with the real issue and seems incredibly tone deaf

Oh dear. The kulturkampf has spread here.

Medieval restaurant maybe?

I thought he threw a tantrum and was quitting the modding scene and blahblahblah

How long did that last?

The random "Sir" thrown in makes me wonder.

he's just being a gentleman

I don't like the fact that the vampires get another LL and also one that starts in Sylvania.
If she'd at least get a different starting location or maybe Kemmler gets moved to Mousillon then fine but right now it's just a disappointing reveal.
Imho the Empire needs another LL much more than the vampires.

He is indeed good sirs, might wish to throw a glance at this fine a project here patreon.com/Team_Radious

>Imho the Empire needs another LL much more than the vampires.

Who? Boris Todbringer with a Middenheim start?
Kurt Helborg with bonii to Reikguards + added Umounted Reiksguards?
Where the fuck is Ludwig Schwarzhelm?

>Who?
Boris with Middenheim start or Marius with Averland start could work desu senpai

A wildcard could be Ostland with Valmir von Raukov.

Well, he's not going to get much.

Good night /twg/, may sweet conquests and heroic victories come to you.

>may sweet conquests and heroic victories come to you.

i wish, havent had the motivation to play since october

A Heroic victorie did just come to me! I was playing empire vs vamp counts and they had two armys of a total of 2090 units and all I had was 5 swordsmen 3 halberdiers, 4 handgunners 2 crossbowmen 3 mortars two wizards (one life the other wild)and karl. I fucked them up and karl was the only death I suffered. What the fuck.

Me too

I played a whole lot of Attila and am now taking a break, Warhammer hasn't managed to grab me after only 30 hours of playing it so I'm waiting for the DLC to go on sale to see if that might get me more into it

Being able to recruit all the units (that the people of the same race I'm playing as fight me with) and getting to field regiments of renown myself would probably help, that shit is kind of missing me off

>$2000 goal

>Oh boy, this could get interesting lol :)

inb4 he actually gets there because of people being morons and we look stupid