What was Moloch's power level? What's the strongest Greek god he could 1v1? What about the Egyptian pantheon?

What was Moloch's power level? What's the strongest Greek god he could 1v1? What about the Egyptian pantheon?

Could any god take on Vishnu? I'm not talking about Matsya Vishnu, or Kurma Vishnu, I'm not even talking about Varaha Vishnu wielding the tusks of Hiranyaksha. I'm not talking about Narasimha Lion Vishnu at dusk in the courtyard, or Vamana Vishnu at full size with Bali and Prahlada. I'm not even talking about Parashurama Vishnu the Brahmin-Kshatriya wielding Shiva's axe with the army of Kartavirya Arjuna and an infinite supply of cows. Hell, I'm not even talking about King-Prince Rama Vishnu after Sita's been kidnapped with an infinite supply of arrows or Krishna Vishnu, son of Devaki and Vasudev, with Balarama support.

I'm talking about Gautama Buddha Vishnu, Gajapati, ascended through ahmisa beyond the Kali Yuga in the form of Kalki, Destroyer of Filth and Antaryamin upon Devadatta, equipped with the blazing sword with all brahmanas gathered. I'm talking about Kalki Vishnu, with complete Jnana activated and full Aishvarya over the Brahman, wielding complete Shakti against dharma and limitless Bala, Virya, and Tejas, with Gambhirya, Audarya, and Karunya, presiding over the Sṛngara rasa and the lesser realms, with complete chakra and access to all three Trimurti. I'm talking about Bhuta Bhavya Bhavatprabhu Vishnu, riding upon Garuda with Lakshmi and Rukmini, Tulsi, and Ganga, Muktanam Parama Gatih and Avyaya, the Purusha and Keshava, bringer of the Jayant, the Purushottama and Bhoota-bhavya-bhavat-prabhuh, muktaanaam paramaa gatih for all men to strive towards. Is there anyone who can beat him?

depend how many blunts he could hold

probably about 31⁄2

That's a lot of Vishnus

There's no evidence Moloch was ever a real thing.

He couldn't beat any of them.

I've heard that Moloch is actually a textual corruption and actually referred to where children were sacrificed to the gods or a different god such as Milcom. Do you know anything about this?

the two are not mutually exclusive

ancient middle easterners worshipped the ovens where tehy sacrificed children/abortions conceived from ritual orgies in order to keep the population in check. that is a fact.

it doesn't need to be a textual corruption or not, to be the case. the ovens were shaped as fertility gods, each region having a somewhat different version.

Well its clearly reminiscent of a very pleasant execution device called a Brazen Bull. But Brazen Bulls weren't known to be worshiped, or used on children.

>That is a fact
It is?

Brazen Bulls Not, but the bull was worshiped by many pagan tribes (due to his strength and other health related characteristics), there's even the story of the golden bull in the bible

>ancient middle easterners worshipped the ovens where tehy sacrificed children/abortions conceived from ritual orgies in order to keep the population in check. that is a fact.
source?

I like overloaded mythologies and all that jazz, but hinduism goes a little too far to be honest

it's as close to a fact as we can establish for something several thousands of years old.

they have found these gigantic ovens decorated like gods with the remains of young children and fetuses inside.

religious practice tends to revolve around mechanisms that stabilize society. in island environments people tend to worship cannibalism once they hit the malthusian limit. in indian environments their solution was to worship pack animals.

we don't have direct records from that era, but pagan remnants from the earlier times of islam basically had ritual orgies and then sacrificed the children before it was eradicated by islam. it is in keeping with what was generally assumed to be about the region, and it seems to be not only accurate, but persistent, and is confirmed by archeological findings

this last piece of evidence is a bit of a stretch, but there is really only one other desert culture in the world, which would be the australians, and their aboriginals would EAT their abortions/children born from ritual rape, which is a similar practice. it seems to be related to desert climates.

Is this pasta? If not, it is now.

Also: poo in the loo

Brown, Shelby (1991). Late Carthaginian Child Sacrifice and Sacrificial Monuments in their Mediterranean Context. Sheffield Academic Press. pp. 22–23. ISBN 1-85075-240-0.

So your wildly exaggerating then. Thought as much.

ah, so you're telling me you've managed to find the book and read it thoroughly in the ten minutes since I've posted it?

clearly you're much smarter than me

Could you provide a source on the Abbo thing?

It doesn't actually, all the battles and stuff are what attracts you at first but the philosophy and just the uniqueness of it is what hooks you. Probably the best religion alongside Buddhism imho

Not even a pajeet, literally a Chang

they still do it.

literally just google australian aboriginal cannibalism. they do it in modern australia and the social workers just kind of turn a blind eye to it.

it is repurposed pasta from /a/