/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Was queer for ages before his dad found out:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12340990
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/145958
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/145960
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You do know that Earthen Peak has been confirmed to be part of the next DLC, right?

MOMMY ROSARIA

fc when

H U S B A N D O
U
S
B
A
N
D
O

nTH FOR ALDRICH FAITHFUL

PRAISE THE DREGS

best girl

It's the urges, you see. They overtake you sometimes. I'm sure he'd understand, good compeer that he is.

You guys don't know how it feels to constantly suck shit at pvp, my win rate is like 8%.

Why can't it be one of the random hundreds of cycles between 1 and 3?

FC later the slutty witch will host

>he's homo for Ponty Mython
Pontiff "if it's low test, put it to rest" Sulyvahn wouldn't approve of such transgression.

neither of them are hard though

How is the Sunlight Straight Sword? Worth upgrading to +10?
My Executioner's Greatsword is a little too slow for Lothric.

Anyone else planning to give the series a last send-off by running a marathon of all three games when The Fire Fades comes out? Trying to figure out how I should decide builds, maybe just go STR/DEX/INT.

iirc from a memezaki interview, the more the fire fades the more space-time unravels, it starts with seeing phantoms, cross-plane invasions, and time of day varying from place to place (like how Darkroot is night time while everywhere else is day etc.).

Then some weird time travel starts happening, people from different worlds and times start getting pulled into other worlds and times, geography gets fucked up and you get things like the High Wall of Lothric happening.

Then eventually you get the dreg heap where everything starts to break down, bits of worlds and time periods get pulled and smashed together, physics starts to break down and the sun turns into a dark sign.

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito

are you pvping just by mashing the r1 button with a pickaxe or something

or are you using the secret "broken +0 soldering iron" strat?

>most irrelevant lord whose soul got stuck in a literal shithole on some far continent

It's basically just a longsword with a WA that is helpful in co-op. Not really ideal unless you're going to be taking advantage of the buff.

right now I'm using dancer's enchanted swords which everyone claimed to be decent in the last thread but I can't seem to make work

then again i've never really made a build "work"

>are you pvping just by mashing the r1 button with a pickaxe or something
That actually should be moderately legit, shit has crazy hyperarmour because it's technically a greathammer, works with leos and the 1st 2hr1 is actually from the greatsword moveset IIRC.

i told you before spacing is key. master it

i just realized that i never questioned how darkroot was in night and parish was in day

What if I'm not a man ?

>Orb invasion favors hosts who already have a phantom present
Enough with that bullshit, ganking is bad enough as it is. Invasions should be truly random, so that players with zero phantoms can still get invaded and experience the PvP even if they don't want to (if they don't want to be invaded, just de-human).

>Defending covenant
Only if they bring back a Rat covenant in some form. Like, rat bro invaders can trigger traps while in phantom form that the host cannot, will never aggro mobs even with Seed, and can activate supply caches that give them healing items and restock consumables like Lloyd's and firebombs.

>Dueling covenant
An actually decent idea, players shouldn't get tongues, shackles or sunlight medals via dueling. Maybe actually make it the dragon covenant.

>Infection covenant
Gravelording was boring as hell since the servant had nothing to do but sit with his dick in his hand while the afflicted may or may not ignore the black phantoms and gun straight for the boss fog. It needs to be changed up so that the host can invade worlds and power-up mobs (also immune to Seed) alongside summoning black phantoms, give them a stake in the PvP like the afflicted.

>Protector covenant
Just change the functionality of the soapstone to a "request for assistance" sign, like how Sirris and Anri's signs work. Both items shouldn't be used only by the Blue Sentinel variant, if a Way of Blue guy wants help then he needs to call for it.

>Punishment covenant
Darkmoons should be able to invade regardless of boss area clearance, and should be global. It makes the sin mechanic actually meaningful, if someone wants to be a dick and invade others then it means that they're interested in PvP action.

All my pvp invasion experience was at around SL 50 and I found that if I got into a 1v1 situation I would usually win, 2v1 could go either way and 3v1 was pretty much a no-win situation unless the host was really, really stupid or super squishy.

HRT can't change your chromosomes, dude. I'm sorry.

Except that I don't do that, I don't need to

I keep getting roll-r1'd by weapons that actually do significant damage on single hits. Earlier I was actually doing pretty well baiting with r1s into l1 but some people are too smart for that.

>no date on Valentine's
>only Souls friend is softbanned from DS2 and 3
So how is everyone today

You must've fucked up pretty bad to get softbanned in DS3. At least DS2 has the excuse of being extremely cloudy about how that shit even works and doesn't even tell you if you do get banned.

If Lapp is Patches, does this mean that killing Patches isn't canon?

I've heard that already, I just didn't think you're the only dedicated pontiff shitposter that rushes to post his holy image at the beginning of every thread.

Patches is undead, user.

Fucked up thing is he doesn't even use CE, never installed it. Could it be the controller he's using? He's just using a XBONE controller.

but if you just sit around and mash r1 you'll still never hit non-badplayers

well just remember that the President of the United States approves of you

No way that could be the case, doesn't an xbone controller function exactly like an xbox360 controller when plugged into a PC?

there were some other ways to get softbanned
at one point some dsfix-style mod could get you instabanned, and of course there's always the fun when an invader drops you some +15 poison binoculars (if you pick them up you will deffo get benned for having an illegal item in your inventory)

I'm not the only one
I saw one other user who posted this, twice I believe

What are some fun pyromancies for PvP? Been trying the various fireballs, but people only seem to fall for Fire Surge and Black Flame

NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED

strawpoll.me/12340990

Acid mist and boulder heave. Throw out a few acid mists and then watch them run straight into a boulder expecting poison.

>The Firekeeper
which one

Profaned Flame, Rapport on the phantoms, Sacred Flame during parries and of course the one and only Chaos Bed Vestiges for close range facemelting.

Trust me I'm a skilled metamancer.

Theres only one The Fire Keeper, the one in DS3 that isnt the best waifu

will you be my valentine? please

>Just realized that this now makes Heide's Tower of Flame make sense, it collapsed into the sea due to everything starting to break down, Heide knights appeared because of space-time shitting itself and pulling them into Drangleic. It's also twilight there because of this.

>DaS2 devs probably had Miyazaki's notes and knew what was going on but couldn't convey this in lore well due to the first director fucking the game over, causing them to rush out everything.

You forgot best GILF.

Which one do you think? Surely it's not one of the old hags from DaS2.

>get invaded in irythill dungeon playing with newbie friend
>guy drops some stuff
>tell him not to pick it up in case it's hacked
>curiosity takes over
>pick it up
>5 dung pies

i'm sorry my dude but i can't really help you. it'll all come with experience, join dsg's fc and watch people fight it helps alot.
you'll also get absolutely destroyed at first but that's fine you'll learn.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/145958

Guys is it a good pyro build? Does it need some change? Pls halp

thanks for trying, at least

Who else?

What weapon do you intend to use with this?

This is what I use. Drop swamp ring for Hunter's ring if you want to use Witch's Locks

>no weapons
>no armor
>no rings
>121
>no pyros even attuned
No.

the meme level is 120 not 121

I'm pretty sure that Miyazaki gave a few initial guidelines as far as DS2 lore went, but then fucked off to BB so those few ideas ended up being in a pile of extremely fanfic-y shit further shitted up by a change of director and most of the game.

That's why we have Darklurker who looks like an angel but has zero lore about him but actual Angels only appeared in DS3 with different design for example. Or the whole idea of cycles that was half-assed as fuck in DS2 and only clearly explained in DS3.

I want Pontiff to be my valentine

wtf do people really like traps this much i thought it was just a shitty joke that everyone said gwyndolin was their waifu

Bear seek seek lest
She's like the anal queen of the level up waifus, so she's my #1

>just a shitty joke
>implying waifupolls aren't a joke as well

>strawpoll.me/12340990
Who else?

but i love you fucking hippie treehugger you're not even worth my time i could do so much better

Half the boys on here are gay, user. You are outnumbered by homolust.

You should be happy it turned out the way it did (A great, but disappointing game) From what I heard, the former director was running it into the ground with Native American, and Zelda shit.

The only thing worse than a tranny is a tranny who doesn't even try.

>Native American, and Zelda shit

wat?

I WANT ANASTASIA TO BE ANGRY AT ME AFTER I SAY SOME HERESY THEN FRIEDE HITS HER AND BULLIES HER

My only waifu is Leonhard

>native american
It'd be funny if the "weird" game Fromsoft was working on was an old native american setting before their civilization got fucked by a superplague.

Sorry, here's a better view of the build. For a weapon I want to use witch locks and some swords like Onyx Blade or some other straight sword. Had to put it at 121 for an extra point for parting flame. The empty ring slot is for situational rings, wich I think I'm gonna use for your idea .

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/145960

>no DeS yuria

The game supposedly took alot of inspiration from Native American folklore, and they were trying to make the gameplay more similar to Zelda.

You can't say shit like that without giving examples, you mean like brother bear transformation?

>extra point in strenght

fix'd

Just go 130.

what makes you think they arent just shitposting their poll responses

>1/4th of this general likes traps unironically
Based stag will give you guys a visit

I'm not happy with how it turned out to be and i really don't consider it a great game. A clusterfuck of badly implemented ideas, both good and bad, rather.

I would really prefer to see the original vision of first director even if that would make the game set in a completely different setting from original DS1. Lucatiel was supposed to be a Don Quixote-like charater with belltower gnome being her page, for example, unused levels were bigger, better designed and better connected, unused animations were fancier and cooler though we can still see remnants of them with how npc use magic, for example.

>From what I heard
Seeing one concept art is not "from what i heard".
Read actual design works.

>4 kings do the grab 3 times in a row

this boss is so fucking bad

you know rosaria respecs exist right
you could have just stayed at 120 and re-shaped your points

are invasions in DaS2 disabled or something
i've fulfilled all the criteria but cannot for the life of me actually use any of the invasion items, nor have I been invaded throughout the actual game

In some alternate universe this happened, DaS2 bombed, the DaS2 team was fired and Miyazaki abandons the Dark Souls series and kills himself.

I know and I did this like 3 times already and none of my respecs felt consistent. That's why I seeking for guidance here.

step one rest at bonfire
step two select "cancel human effigy effect" or whatever it's called

after you beat a boss you get multiplayer turned off for the next 30 minutes you spend in that area, or until you cancel it
(you also get this same effect by burning an effigy in the fire)

compare to ds3 where it just gets shut off permanently in that area

PC FC, high wall, pass dsg.

Nope. Miysaki was making Bloodborne at the time. Even if 2 bombed, Bloodborne would have redeemed his name.

2 as the controversial sequel still has a rather large fanbase as it is.

Just have your buddy heal you with bountiful soothing.

In some alternate universe dark souls was one wii and the wii became the 'hardcore' console.

thank you

>Wishing ill will towards Miyazaki-Chan

What did he do to you?

>make a pyro
>drop pyro damage for melee

>when i find an elite knight set in a first playthrough

His games have minor flaws. These piss him off.

>What did he do to you?
He made Dark Souls III

So why does it say "Heir of Fire Destroyed" when killing bosses? I get Lord of Cinder obviously but these bosses are the heirs of what exactly and how?

Only in the instance of using a weapon with high requirements. A dark longsword or onyx blade can still be used on that build without Hunter's ring. And using just the witch's ring isn't too big of a damage drop from using both damage rings.