Has anyone on here ever saved up for a relatively expensive ($10000+) car and bought it outright?

Has anyone on here ever saved up for a relatively expensive ($10000+) car and bought it outright?

If no, would you?

How did you feel afterwards?

Was it worth it?

Would you do it again?

I would cause loans are how the Jews get you

been saving up for a r32 for a few years now, up to about 8k in total savings. to be honest, I put a bit away every week from paychecks. barely anything, maybe sometimes more and I never think about it or notice it. One day hopefully I can find a simple one that isnt torn up or riced out to the max like I always see.

Ayy if you got 12000 for an Evo V, go for it my neighbor bought his for that much

Save up for a Chaser, they're a bit cheaper and make similar power.

If you have the disposable income to blow on a car outright, it's almost never a good decision to do so. You'll be able to get a loan from your house bank that is lower interest than what you make on your investments.

No why would I? Interest rates are extremely low on new car leases. 36 month down payment spread out.

At the end of the lease take car to a different dealer and negotiate buyout price.

Profit

I had $6k saved and my mum gave me $5 extra to buy my Focus. Bought it in cash.

So would it be better to finance half of it? The car in question is $20,000

Yessir, I saved up for a few years and bought a mazdaspeed3 for 11,000. Felt fuckin great, you get that feeling that your work paid off. 10/10 good way to buy used cars

But they're not AWD.

I took out a personal loan on a rare $8k car I found on CL when I had nothing saved up. Shit 14.8% interest rate, but I paid it off in a year and got my credit score up like a motherfucker.

Got 1.7% on a newer $23k car two years later.

If it's something really rare, you may be able to go through a collector car loan place. They'll usually have relatively low interest rates and work with you better than a bank. Because I know my bank didn't want to finance a fucking 30 year old car, hence the horrible interest rate on the personal loan. My friend has gone through the process of getting a collector's loan on a nearly $30k R32.

So you own like 1/2 a car?

worth every single cent. still enjoy every minute i drive it.

except highway drives longer than 2h maybe

>save up for car
>go get financing to build credit
>have total car price in savings away from bills already
>try to discipline myself from using the saved money for mods
>always do
>car goes from being secured loan to another bill that breaks the bank

Im bad at financing but at least my car has a great suspension.

>not having a Chaser
>Wanting AWD but not and EVO6
Nah, gtrs are fun, but they're well hyped up and getting expensive.

Yeah bought my Supra for $16k outright about 5 years ago now.

The only reason I wouldn't do it again is because there's smarter ways to go about it but I was pretty naive and found a clean example so whatever.

I'm an antisocial loser so saving money comes extremely easily to me even with my very average tier job. Even so spending big chunks of savings on things like cars makes me nervy as all hell.

I bought my first good car for $10k outright (i'd saved $20k) doing casual work 20-30 hours a week. I still own this car too.

About a year ago I bought a $13k car outright on a minimum wage full-time job... but since then i've been spending money on mods and haven't saved much over the past year.

I have 5 years to save up for when Evo4s are legal to import into the US so hopefully I will actually have the money to buy it outright by then.

>a few years
>saved 8k

How does that even work
I literally was neet 2 years long and started working 5 months ago with 0 cash. About to buy an 30k car in cash next month.
What are you peope doing with money?

No I wouldn't even if I had the money.

Interest rates are pretty low right now so I'd rather invest the money while I pay off the loan.

some of us actually have bills to pay too.

Not everyone has the ability to get low financing rates
>nigger
yeah yeah but it's the reality.

>About to buy a 30 grand car after 5 months of working
>30k in 5 months
>6k per month
>72k a year after taxes/food/gas
We don't make six figures a year you mong. Don't know who gave you a six figure job after being a neet but congrats.

I'm Australia and I saved up $16k for a $21k car. Borrowed money to bridge the gap and a little extra. Loan was variable rate so I was able to pay it off within 8months and pay very little interest.

some of us have bills because we don't live with mommy