Alright you guys, it's time for another one of these threads

Alright you guys, it's time for another one of these threads.

>age
>job
>side hustle if applicable
>salary

Fuck off dataminer

charterholder
186k plus 20k bonus

>22
>nothing
>web design
>0 lel

My school won't give me my degree until I pay them back, nor will they transfer my credits. I can't get a loan because I don't have income, which is why I need my degree, of which I can't get because I can't get a loan because no income.

I should have just gone to a state school that would have fully paid my way, but I didn't get it that you aren't guaranteed a loan and need a cosigner. I thought you could just go to school and owe a bank a lot of money, no hassle.

I'd have my mom cosign, but she's struggling with her mental illness. Actually gave her $1000 to go to trucking school, but she never passed. I was really hoping that she'd get a job finally and help me pay off my school. I know it sounds really fucking entitled, but my grandfather paid for all my dad's education (boarding school, university, law school, back taxes for when he spent all his earnings on pain killers and cocaine) and I just can't score a fucking break.

Thus the downward slide continues until your gene line dies out or someone decides to harden the fuck up and take responsibility for themselves.

Did you receive an education in web design? yes? Then why do you need a piece of paper from some third rate school proving it? Just go out and fucking make some web designs and develop a portfolio you can show prospective customers/employers. Degrees don't mean shit unless you went to a top ten school in your field anyway, otherwise its just a means to put you into debt slavery to the banks before you even buy a house.

>17 inb4 mods
>web developer
>saas niche
>made 51k this year

>Did you receive an education in web design? yes?

Actually no. I completed a bachelors in economics, but I'm really hoping I can use that pseudo-business degree to get my PhD in biostatistics. My last year of college, I relied on it for all expenses and had a portfolio of around 10 websites with 3 clients. A preacher even wanted me to make a website for his church. Then university ended and I went back home to care for my mother and autistic/schizophrenic sister.

I'm really good at making contacts and getting business cards, but I never follow through in part due to the chaos of living in a mentally disturbed household. I don't know, I just lose confidence in myself as I see my family fall apart. When I was in college, I was writing papers for kids, doing accounting homework for children with too much money, writing websites for wannabe actresses and singers, and splicing XLR cables for rich foreign students.

I need to move to the city again and start working for college students. My work allows me to telecommute, but you can't gain clientele reliably without first being able to build a small network of local clients. If I just had a $20 blazer and a flat in a major city for a few months, I'm sure I could start working again. Website design is balls easy and the kind of work you can do in your underwear. Eh, it's probably just me making excuses.

Sounds like you have the chops to get it done, you just have personal baggage getting in the way. Maybe you dont want to hear it, but mental illness isn't something you are curing by being there. You probably need to separate, take care of business, then revisit when you are more equipped financially, professionally and emotionally.

Probably so, I'm too scattered minded at the moment. Last year, I had an alcoholic roommate who had a well off father. When his father and the father's girlfriend came down to the school to treat my roommate out, my roommate offered to take the other roommates and myself out. I was the only one that accepted, but I threw on my sports blazer and joined them. I think I impressed them fairly well, because the girlfriend (who was well off by herself as a business woman) wrote me a $1000 check and said, "Just take it and promise me you'll stay in contact with user after school." That was literally the biggest gift I was ever given, and the person who gave it was a total stranger.

Ironically, it's things like that made me lose focus because it made me realize how unhelpful my extended family is. My mother's side occasionally contacts me, but my father's side never reaches out. When I visited my half sister in NYC after 10 years of not seeing her, we really reconnected and I felt like I was gaining part of my family back again. But I felt a bit like a foreigner when seeing my cousins again. They're all in their own little world, obsessing over trivial shit.

One cousin is disturbingly obsessed with his wife and vice versa for her, another made small talk and silenced herself after only a few minutes of texting back and fourth, and my closest cousin on my father's side (who I had not seen in over 10 years as well) just seemed distracted. He had invited a female coworker over to our get together and she just seemed like a real cocktease. We held a conversation, but she gave me a little too much attention. I saw a very disgruntled look on my cousins face, just pure frustration, and I felt pretty bad. I had asked my half-sister if I had made him upset, but she had reaffirmed me that it was just the girl playing with her.

I don't know, I wasn't expecting a family reunion to seem so distant. It's like everyone feigned wanting to be there and I had no idea why.

>age
>job
Zookeeper
Nah.
>salary

>29
>NEET
>meme trader
>$2000-$3000/mo

me2

>age
>job
None
Self employed full time fucking baller
>salary
£3000 a month

I'm not really a baller, I just tell myself that to boost my self confidence and to help me forget the crippling loneliness that surronds me every second of every day.

>Age

>Job
Part time local videogame retail, part time new-old-stock car parts reseller...helper?

>side hustle
Garage sale reselling, small-time manufacturing novelty and specialty items, waiting for sweet inevitable death.

>Salary
25-26kfrom legit jobs
Approx. 5k from side hustle since I spend all of 6-8 hours a week on it.

>19
>IT and deposit operations at a bank
>Wait tables on Saturdays
>~30k/yr

>age
>job
pipefitter/welder
>side hustle
nope. could prob make car parts, furniture, trinkets, etc in my garage but it wouldnt amount to more than simply working more overtime hours at my day job
>salary
~$74k gross this year @ $22/hr

>age
>job
Data engineer
>salary
~£47k + 20k in stocks in 2 years

So how do you make that income if you're unemployed?

Crippling loneliness is exactly what I want in my life, I hate people

thats seems kinda cool user, but i would like a little more money, mybe like 5k idk

>age
>job
School IT Guy AU
Nah. - share investing/ property investment researching
>salary
70k AUD

First off, the business world doesn't give a fuck about your feelings so don't project them onto this thread and be a buzzkill. If you've got problems, address them in private and if you're succeeding, then shout it from the rooftops.

Enjoy your mesothelioma

>33
>machine operator
>35k (16.50)

Fucking kill me

warehouse nigger
I'm looking for a side hustle right now.
18 500 £

This is actually a huge improvement for me. Until recently I was a huge degenerate, drinking my life away. Got my shit together, sobered up, and now I'm on the road of self-improvement.

Drink has never given me the satisfaction that getting shit done does, even if its small potatoes for now. Honestly, I don't even know why I wasted so much time on that crap.

>works at warehouse
>gets addicted to the sauce
>becomes alcoholic
>loses job
>ends up homeless

Not that kind of warehouse, famalam. Really, its just the job title, but its an electronics storeroom, really. I mostly sit on my butt, input allocation orders for screws and shit.

Gives me a lot of time to listen to audiobooks.

Also, I already am an alcoholic, and already ALMOST became homeless. That's how I lost my previous jerb. Come at me bro.

Get on SSI as a back up, famalama ding dong. Then if you get fired, you get some NEET bux

>SSI
Not a burger. Also, not going to loose this job. I'm sober now, and I'm staying that way.

Giving yourself a way to fail more easily is setting yourself for failure, methinks. There's a reason why Hernan Cortes burned his boats before conquering Mexico.

Then it's time for life on the dole, bruh

Also you're four years older than I am and not even making 40k a year. That's just sad. You know you're worth more than that.

>26
>editor
>none
>$62k/yr

Editor of what?

Yup. I'm going the team-lead route in a couple months, that'll bump my pay, then on to manager asap. In the meantime, I'm gonna start a side hustle of some sort. Don't yet know what, but I'll find one.

But yeah, its sad. When I first sobered up, you know what the first really lucid feeling I had was? Self-loathing for wasting all that time.

I've been feeling that for going on seven years.

And I've likely had more missed opportunities than you have. I'll be honest, being on disability benefits sucks ass besides the fact that I get free healthcare. That's the only perk. I could give a flying fuck about the money. It's hardly anything. Less than $1000/mo to live on? At 25? Fuck that shit.

If I could go from a litre of vodka a day to going through detox and finding a decently paying (for the region I'm in) job in three months, you can get out of your hole, too.

What kind of disability we're talking? Obviously not mental, so you can still educate yer noggin, get some sort of skill to make money on the internet or somesuch.

We're gonna make it bruv. If we put in the work.

>138
>Lord of all humans
>making pancakes
>0

Produce such as limes

Military Officer (USA)
2x rental properties
128k (will pay taxes on roughly 40k, deployment)

Anything from marketing materials to RFPs

Being an alcoholic is way different than being dependent on antipsychotics, my friend.

Well aren't you fucking lucky? You used your VA loan to buy a rental property. Not one rental property but two of them.

> 20
> Intern at NASA JPL, Mars 2020 team
> CTO of a barely profiting startup. Makes about $1500/month, but it's going up constantly. Expecting Series A funding to come through soon.
> Make about $40k/yr

That's about the size of it. Buy a home when I PCS (with VA) then renting them out when I leave. You can't use a VA loan to purchase a property you don't intend to live in.

While a VA Home Loan cannot be used to purchase property solely for investment purposes, such as a rental home, the Department of Veterans Affairs does allow a homebuyer to use the VA Loan on a residence that has one to four units – as long as the homebuyer certifies that they intend to occupy the home.

>getrekt.gif

>~$74k gross this year @ $22/hr
60+ hours a week. Do you have any free time?
Is it worth it?

>21
>US Army NCO
>Day trading stocks when I can. While also assisting my dad with his side hustle business.
>After taxes, make about $1900 from the military and about $1200 on the side monthly. The side money varies depending on how much time I have to put into it.

>age
>job
I have 3 jobs.
1st Is every weekday. 40h/week
2nd is also every weekday, but in the evening. 35h/week
3rd is on both weekends. 20h/week
I do some independant work that requires capital.
>salary
Minimum wage * 3

95 hrs a week not including your independent shit? For only $45k gross? Surely you can do better.

>age
>job
retired business owner
I sell stuff I find metal detecting on ebay. sometimes I buy stuff at auction on ebay and resell as BIN. I do that as a hobby though. The couple thousand I make isn't worth worrying about.
>salary
~$100k US plus about $10k in capital gains from my house each year.

Traditional Basketmaker

Barista

€0 - paid in accommodation and food.

I'd shoot myself in the knee, wait an hour and then shoot my face off if I had to live your life

hey dude i'm in that same exact situation. don't listen to these shitters, the shit we've been putting up with for basically nothing is gonna help shape a good character for future money making. just do what im doing and save as much as you can for investments

>29
>daytrader
>part time chauffeur
>20k - 30k Depending how good i play the market

Basically a poorfag

Corporate management cuck
80k p/a + bonus (up to 15k)
Side hustle option trading / interest payments / fx / gambling, this year up 257k (250k gambling the US election, 7k from btc in the last couple of weeks)...

Been a good year. Best part is in Australia, all the money from gambling is tax free.

lazy freelance pixel artist
made 15k this year

In terms of pay? It's a means to an end. The independent shiz should take off within a year to allow me to do it full time. For now, it stays part-time and I outsource.

Why?
I'm young, I finished education. I'm 'recently' single.
Free time is relative. When I had all day every day for a while, an hour became meaningless. A week felt like a day. I could browse the internet non stop and I just felt sad, tired, and empty.
So I just spend my time working instead. Suddenly 4 hours for myself feels nice and relaxing.
Even if I get tired of it, it happens, I just remember that the alternative is feeling tired and bored at home and not getting payed for it. no thanks.

Hell yeah dude

>27
>consultant
>stock trading, but not so much, as I need to get clearance from compliance, so it's mid-term mostly
>twice the average salary

Do you gross ~160k per year just consulting or are you an absolute legend at trading?

I'm not from US. I've meant twice the national average. I'd say it could be more like 100k in US.

This year was pretty good in investing for me. I've found a couple of companies in mid 2015 that looked very undervalued and went all in. I sat on them for a year and made over 40% of profit. I had to sell them to get the cash for down payment for apartment I've bought (so now I'm a mortgageslave). Otherwise I'd still keep these stocks.

Anyway consulting is a great gig, if you have some decent experience in your area (let it be finance, IT, programing). Consulting companies are less beaurocratic compared to bulge bracket banks or big 4. People generally have the entrepreneur spirit and treat such companies as their own businesses (especially when you can become the minor shareholder after a year or two).

>20
>IT seller (B2B)
>23k

desu, I am a failure, but am looking at a promotion to 30k in March, and I will hopefully leave for either uni, or a better job.

would invest in the stock market, but currently investing all my money in the family business

You're wageslaving and not working the biz?

>23
>student
>promoter and webshop owner
>side-side hustle ewhore 2k a month
>48k

>Alright you guys, it's time for another one of these threads.
36, savior, part time, beyond.

>age
>job
Social studies teacher
aiming to start a niche photography business by 2018
>salary
~46k

Mods

Cycle courier
Skilled in useless things
£600-900pm

Thinking of joining royal marines and doing something 'productive' with my time.

Alright guys it's another useless thread because you don't post housing costs or where you live

"$100k" in a big city is like $30k anywhere else

>"$100k" in a big city is like $30k anywhere else
>things that aren't true anywhere in the US

we had a thread about this and some anons living in LA and long island showed on zillow that even a half decent small house is $800,000. Meanwhile an hour away the same thing could get you about a mansion.

What are your plans for the future?

drupal
wordpress
$80

Ill bite

>
>Full time grad student (coms)
>Hr Consultant 10/h month, freelance photog, craigslist buy low sell hi
>I'm on financial aid I get 10k$ for free, 5k$ to pay back, 15k from summer hr contracts + consulting, 2-4k onlinehustle & photos

>housing is your only cost
>you have to live alone
>you have to live in the expensive part of town
strangely enough tens of millions of people commute to work every day. So weird.

>age
>job
Gym Operator on a US base in Germany. I'm paid to unlock the doors, workout, eat government subsidized food, look at fit girls' asses and lock the doors.
I can do literally anything in my 8 hours of down time on the job. Currently I buy nignog apparel on sale from the PX and sell it to german wiggers on ebay.de who will pay 4x the price for it. made about 3000€ in the last year from that.
>salary
27k per year as an NF02

Lol
Lol
Lol

>Age
>Job
Amazon warehouse employee
>Salary

About to find a second job to earn more money on top of that, my dream is to be rich by the time I'm 21. Just gotta figure out how to do that..

Interested. How do you make art? Do you mean pixels like on a computer or painting? Dumb question prob

>giving yourself the title CTO in a startup

lol

>Age
>Job
Dishwasher/waiter
>Hustle
Nah
>salary
15$/h

>>age
24?
>>job
Meat cutter at a grocery store
>>side hustle if applicable
Robinhood memes, up $78 since March
>>salary
$200ish a week

Part time mech engineering student, just spent the past 8 months fighting off 4 lawsuits, innocent on every one, time to start fighting to get my driver's licence back, move out somewhere

A friendly reminder to any Americans here, evidence and the truth matter a lot less than a police officers opinion in a court of law, and you gotta pay $1000's to prove it
If you get pulled over just kiss ass and remember to vote against any additional police funding whenever you get a chance

teach me how

>Age
>Job
Concert Video Engineer / Director
>Hustle
Just more work.
>salary
Grossed around $90K this year before taxes. Too bad all that money is going to mr tax man. gotta love being 1099'd.

What happened?

>>age
30yo NEET
>>job
NEET
>>side hustle if applicable
NEETING
>>salary
NEET BUX

How do you get into this and make so much?

>35
>NEET
>My daddy's trust fund
>Whatever mt multimillionaire parents worth is.

But one has an asset of actual worth and the other has a mansion no one wants.

Equating 30k in a shithole to 100k in a city is the biggest cope I've ever seen

>20
>IT support tech
>investing i guess
>20k a year probably

>26
>soft eng AMD Canada
>going school part time
>55k

I own 40% of the company. The CTO title is just a formality.

though soft end make 100k

how'd you get the IT job at the bank? Im 19 too, and wouldn't mind this kinda job. sounds interesting

teach me.

Yeah, don't have any savings or investments, and based on my financial forecast, I may need to borrow money to eat.

How long does it take to get promoted by Amazon?

>21
>Emergency Room Scribe
>Robinhood
>7.25/hr - 133$ from robinhood

>37
>chinese checkers fan board poster
Jesus that's sad

teach you what

>29
>financial analyst
> record player console restoration made 6k this year, airbnb spare room 16k this year.
> 56k salary at full time job
>

forgot pic of one i did