Veeky Forums i think i have settled down. E36 M3 is the ultimate DD than can work as a fun track day car too

Veeky Forums i think i have settled down. E36 M3 is the ultimate DD than can work as a fun track day car too.
>cheap
>3.2 321hp
>excellent handling
>dat I6 sound
>good looking
>nice interior

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3TP4ngPtIw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll happily never own one of those if it means not becoming a BMW driver.

>5 speed only
E46 is better with that 6th gear.

let's not get down to stereotypes. some of the bmw's are just brilliant. I had a 300zx before and I was expecting to be disappointed by the M3.but i wasnt. several test drives made it.

Depriving yourself of an experience because of memes

You're right because you'll be a bus rider instead

yeah, but its in a completely different price bracket. and heavier.
tldr samefagging.

btw im a eurofag. 6 speed master race. still looking for one. will probably have to go to naziland to find one.

>buying an objectively worse car because it's all you can afford
Get a civic for 3k and save more.

>memes
I live in Germany, there's never been a stereotype closer to truth. They're everywhere.

but i want a quick car.an the e36 is a good car. has been regarded as the best handling car of its time. and it is. and you dont feel you're sitting in a garbage bag.

> best handling car of it's time
> worse than nsx and fd rx-7

American E36 M3's are neutered as fuck.

you're better off buying an E36 325is and getting M3 trim and swapping in a euro S52 or S54 and getting bits and pieces of e36/e46 M3 suspension parts.

>stereotype

Just buy one and keep it nice, do you think Turks are buying 10-20k Euro M3s? They're buying 318i/325is and putting ///M badges and mouldings on them.

USspec E36 M3 owner (in b4 not real M3, if it wasn't for the US M3 being a sales hit BMW AG wouldn't sell ///M cars outside of Europe anymore), my next car will either be a Euro 3.0 M3, R33 GTR, or a GC WRX STi Type RA.

They're great cars but horrible as a daily driver unless you spend time/money refurbishing it. Everything made out of rubber/plastic falls apart or is on the border of failing. The 3.0 is a better motor (shorter gearing too), the 3.2 is hard on rod-bearings and for what they go for the E46 isn't much more money.

Or an Integra, or even a Civic

eurofag, mate.

Except that's wrong.

A Euro S52/S54 will run you $4000 at the very minimum, and you'd still be missing the ///M specific control arms/hubs/brakes, subframe reinforcements, clutch LSD, 17x8 wheels, shorter gearing, bolstered seats, rack, etc.

Pretty much everything that makes it a balanced fun to drive car. And it won't be worth shit after you're done while the ///M car you could've bought will keep going up in value (already decent/nice E36s cost the same as high mileage E46 M3s).

carryon then

im still opting for the 3.2. easier to find with a 6speed, those ~40hp make a difference and quite a few people i know suggest that it isnt any more unreliable than the 3.0.
i guess there's no chance of me finding it in daytona/techno violet.
my body is ready.

Every BMW driver is fucked in the head. Either they're shitskins or first car bydlos or self absorbed upper middle class asscunts, probably working an overpaid, unnecessary position at dad's company.

just swap in a 1JZ instead. S5x is too expensive.

hahaha so assmad

The actual difference to the wheels is closer to 20-30~whp (250-260whp vs 280whp), and the 3.0s have shorter gearing to make up for it. The American cars actually have the shortest gearing of all E36 Ms, which is why they're not as slow as people make them (despite putting down 200-210whp). IIRC the Euro 3.2s have rarer parts too and require regular valve adjustments like the S54.

Is the E46 is close in price to a Euro 3.2? I'd rather go for the E46 if that's the case. Nicer interior that isn't falling apart as often, newer car, usually better taken care of, and better all around (wider track, better rear diff and brakes, stiffer unibody, more power at 343hp, etc).

>meme stereotypes

okay, your loss for missing out on a fun car

well they are, a nice example is 12k euros +. but even a comparably nice e46 would be pricy, as im looking for a good condition, preferably individual models.

ignore them bruce. e36 is the epitome of comfy

>tfw US M3s are gimped with only 240hp

Might as well swap an LS.

>>dat I6 sound
But E36 M3s sound god-awful

>he likes the shitty rasp of an e46

Where did I say that retard?

All I6 M3s sound like shit, but the E36 sounds worst.

you've just got shit tastes then user

they just need a catless header to sound good

example: youtube.com/watch?v=N3TP4ngPtIw

>he thinks raspy exhaust sounds good
kek

That still sounds like raspy ass. Like a Civic with two extra cylinders.

Fuck off M3 fanboys your cars sound awful.

>t. r33 owner

>implying
kek why so butthurt?
I have an E92 M3

>breaks every 3 days

>in this post i reveal myself to be the stereotypical jealous poorfag that has a perpetual victim mentality

like poetry m8

>20 year old highly engineered German sportscar
>ultimate DD
Not sure about that unless you get a really well maintained example, or you don't mind doing the work yourself.

says the guy who is unironically defending FCA products
Lmao

objectively more reliable than any german counterpart unless we're talking pre 90s

FCA cars are the only cars less reliable than VAG shit, you won't fool anyone with your delusions italicuck.

no, go on forums and look up for major engine failures on 1.4 tsi, 2.0 tsi, 2.0 tdi engines. timing chains, burnt valves, cracked pistons etc.
none of this happens on fca engines.