Is the Panther platform the ultimate car for kekolds and fedorabeards?

Is the Panther platform the ultimate car for kekolds and fedorabeards?

>"tough" image to compensate for their meekness
>big engine to compensate for their truncated gentleman's sausages

this 100%?

>compensate
Good theory until you realize it's the most anemic V8 ever made.

This. Sounds more like op either just got a ticket or is jealous of someone's crown Vic.

They are extremely solid comfortable cars that can be had cheaply and run on a budget.

OP you gooft

I've owned a few crown vics, and I enjoy them. Now that I'm getting older and have a bit more cash, I'm considering picking one up and swapping the drivetrain from a 03-04 Cobra. Of course building it up a bit to "dea" with the extra weight.

All black, dog dish caps, fat rubber all around, and a push bar

It's the ultimate car for someone who just wants and/or needs a sedan with a bunch of space to carry shit but still wants to be able to climb hills without redlining and wants rear wheel drive due to driver preference.

>"tough" image to compensate for their meekness
How do they look tough? They're rounded, blobby sedans that even fans of the late models call whales, they don't have angry headlights or silly ground effects packages or beltlines that reach for the sky as you follow it towards the ass end. The only reason you'd say they look tough is you're used to seeing Crown Vics with bullbars and steelies and your mind automatically associates the platform with cops on your ass waiting for you to do 5 over (although to be fair post 2002 the Marquis look almost exactly like the CVs anyway).

>big engine to compensate for their truncated gentleman's sausages
It's not even that big, it's only a 281 which is one of the smallest V8s Ford has made since the 60's aside form the 3.whatever SHO V8. Also like said it's possibly the laziest fucking V8 to drag itself across the face of the planet; it'll get you where you're going for sure, even after half a million miles, but it won't do it quick.

>All black, dog dish caps, fat rubber all around, and a push bar
And then you have whackers like this guy who ARE actually compensating for something, be it genital size or deep-seated daddy/authority issues.

The only people I see driving CVPI's are straight off the boat from Africa or straight out the methadone clinic.

t. Canadian

>All black, dog dish caps, fat rubber all around, and a push bar
Way to be a complete tool

It's all welfare-bumming injuns on the prairies. I've had 3 offer to buy the Grand Marquis that's in my driveway.

>not wanting a couch on wheels
>not wanting to be /comfy/

The Cobra engine stock has less torque in the low rpms than the sohc. Supercharge the stock engine and call it a day.

>big engine

It's so easy to spot eurocuck shitpost

Interceptor bucket seats have got to be the most uncomfortable seats I have ever had to do a trip in.

>4.6 liters is big

They are pretty uncomfortable if a fat fuck has compressed the foam over the years. The supervisor package ones tend to have less seat wear

4.6 liters is big. Any self respecting 4.6 liter engine makes ~400 hp at the crank. The sad thing is it's a ford modular shitblock

>Any self respecting 4.6 liter engine makes ~400 hp at the crank.
[citation needed]

When you buy an old PI, it will have a brand new interior, because they rip that all out to do the Police upfit, then put the original shit back in when they resell it.

Also has to be from the early 90's when the 4.6 came out. No fair picking some post-2010 VVT DOHC DI thing

BMW S65
Okay so maybe in the 90's it was acceptable. But my 4.0 1uz made 260 in 1992 while the 4.6 ford made 210.

Nowadays at least, a 4.6 should feel really big

>But my 4.0 1uz made 260 in 1992 while the 4.6 ford made 210

When the 32 valve 4.6 debuted in 93, it was making 280, and GM's Northstar, also a 32v 4.6 which debuted in 93 was making 295, so what's your point?

The Ford 4.6 in the Panthers also made 280+lb-ft of torque compared to the 1UZ's 260. The version in the later Mustangs (2-valve with PI heads, not the later 3-valve) reached 260hp and 300 torks.

Numbers seriously don't mean much, especially in a car like that. You breathe on the gas pedal and it goes up a hill without even downshifting, and that's all you give a shit about because it's a big car with a lazy V8 that'll run forever with minimum maintenance. You want to go fast? Fuck you. You want a tachometer? Fuck you. You want five gears? Fuck you again.

I think each department does it differently because mine came with fucked carpet

>kekold

I really miss the old wordfilter :(

>reddit
>vapes
>p71

It's perfect.

why is there no Veeky Forums version of that image

Mine seems to hold up just fine.

can't say the same for your health, fat fuck

Holy shit those stripes are absolutely autistic

I guess my point is that the 4.6 is a relatively big engine and at low revs you can tell. But it's not really worth it compared to some 6 cylinders because it uses so much gas and runs out of breath.

It's the opposite of a eurocuck car.

Cheap beaters
Thats it
Austists who romanticize them make me cringe so hard. Fat loser fucks that try make them look like a cop car everyone hates you and not because le epic troll. But because you are on the same level as a power tripping walmart parking lot inspector
Other retards who are obsessed bevause first car and constantly dream of nevergonnahappen "cobra swaps" etc...
And then you get the occasional dumb ass like cvpiautist who legitimately think they can be "performance cars". See his cringe inducing attempts at driving the touge, resulting in slamming into an embankment around a gentle corner going below the speed limit

Nothing wrong with the car
Pretty much same as a truck but back seats and no bed...
Its the owners who tarnish the vehicles image

Probably because if you're posting here in the first place, you're just fine with being an anonymous road-boat owner and as such don't feel the need to take stupid pictures of yourself posing with your wannabe cop-car and your vape stick.

The 4.6 actually doesn't get as bad mileage as you'd expect- you won't be doing 35mpg+ 4-banger shit, but mid twenties and above are common simply due to the engine revving so goddamn low while you're driving (think 1300rpm at highway speeds, and that's out of a four-speed auto).

With 1300 rpm at 70 or so, doesn't that give a theoretical top speed of like 400 mph?

No, because even ignoring the obvious laws of power, air resistance, the sheer weight of the car, etc etc, you're out of gears. You only have four forward gears and you're in fourth (overdrive) by that point, which will take you to 100 plus and then you don't have a fifth gear to shift into. Also, that's assuming you have the stock 2.73 rear end- if you have 3.27s or 3.55s, you can expect your top speed to drop pretty far in exchange for better acceleration.

Most civilian Panthers are governed to a bit above 100 because past that you tend to have problems with the driveshaft twisting itself in two and pole-vaulting the car.

112mph limiter on most cars is because of tires. But yes, vics did start getting stainless steel drive shafts because regular steel rusts and they become unbalanced at high speed.

I didn't mean an actual top speed.
What would redline in 4th gear be? If you revved it as high as it could in the same gear where 1300RPM=65MPH

I understand why the car could never get up there.

It's actually a 3 speed transmission with 4th gear being the overdrive. 4 speed with overdrive is a marketing buzzword.

I thought it was 4 gears plus the torque converter locks up for "overdrive"

A bit above 5000RPM, according to Google, electronically limited because the torque converters reach failure zone at around that speed.

No idea what the actual limiter is set to because I have no tach.

>4 speed with overdrive is a marketing buzzword.
what about old transmissions with four actual gears and a separate overdrive?

I understand that. But you know that as you rev an engine higher while in gear you go to a higher speed. If you HYPOTHETICALLY had no friction and much weaker gravity and 1000000hp, couldn't those gear ratios get to crazy high speeds, just simply because the engine is so low at a normal speed.

Well if you had no friction, your tires couldn't grab the road and you wouldn't go anywhere at all.

Sorry, I meant drag. It's midnight.

I just like the panther because it's the last of it's breed. it was so damn ubiquitous as taxis and cop cars well into the late 10's that you dont realize that America stopped producing classically styled V8 sedans in the late 90's.

but because the panther lasted pretty damn long, its the last of it's kind of car out there. And it's really reliable and satisfying to drive. not fast or particularly special anywhere, but it's comfy and has torque out the ass.