Is buying a 200,000 dollar home in nyc a good investment...

Is buying a 200,000 dollar home in nyc a good investment? With a mortgage i will be paying 300k but will I be able to flip for a profit in 10 years?

>oldfags pls hlp

where the hell do you get a 200k home in nyc? is it a shoebox?

What is that, a 1 bed 0 bath?

its a 2 bedroom, It a bit on the small side. Im poor its all i can afford.

whats the mortgage? interest rate? what area of nyc? maintaining property in nyc is fucking horrible. there's so many risks and cockroaches everywhere

>200k
>poor

what kind of world do we live in

you can get a badass huge brand new cookie cutter for 200k where I live

>approved for 225k
>4.3 interest rate
>bronx right next to uptown manhattan

what do you mean by maintaining?

It's too late to buy into the real-estate bubble now in somewhere like New York. You need to identify where the next "big city" is going to be an buy up property there.

I'm eyeing up Portland/ Seattle area as I feel the asian wave of immigrants post-Trump will be buying up US property big time.

Newark NJ or upcoming areas of jersey city like journal square or the heights imo

you think there is more growth opportunity in Seattle than in nyc?

it feels like interest rates have shot up since Trump has been elected.

holy shit you can get a 2 br in New York for 200K? god damn
In Melbourne, Australia a 1 br apartment costs 350k
FUCK MY LIFE

We're in the asian century now. Just look at the effect the slit-eyes had on our kangaroo buddy here:

any reason why Asians are migrating to Australia in particular? Maybe Washington might be a place to look at in that regard.

Not calling OP a liar, but a 200k house would have to be a serious shithole.

I agree with this.

Dallas is good, Atlanta too,

its not a shit hole, just tiny co-op. no parking and transportation inst the easiest to get to
atlanta? would you live there?

>you can get a badass huge brand new cookie cutter for 200k where I live
Because no one wants to live there. What's the point of having a nice house in a shithole place?

>if it's not an international city it's a shithole

Lmao

Just out of curiosity, what's your job and how much do you make?
I am also thinking of buying a house in the near future.

It's not necessarily a shit apartment but it is for sure located in a ghetto.

You're full of shit.

Greenville, South Carolina.
Look it up folks.

How come Geneva is low? 1m for a shit 1 room studio is not a bubble?

>with a mortgage I will be paying 300k
Did you remember to factor in inflation

>good investment
Is this for you to live in or to rent?

Have you considered a multi unit?

No laws against foreign home ownership and investment, recently changed to only brand new builds so you'll find that's why apartments are going up everywhere. Chinese get their money out of the country and held safely where it can't be touched in a gaining asset.

>I'm eyeing up Portland/ Seattle area as I feel the asian wave of immigrants post-Trump will be buying up US property big time.
You may have already missed the boat on Seattle. The median home price has almost doubled in the last five years and there are some recent indicators that the market might be softening.

>He lives in the Bronx

Listen to me, friend. Don't buy it. Idk how much money you have. But 300k for that. Buy cheaper properties. Renovate. Rent. Or become a drug lord. Or put it on Microsoft shares.. don't buy that house hahahahaha :)

How late is it to buy into the Jersey real Estate across the river?

is it wrong i laughed out loud when i read it was in the bronx

nyc has become populated with cucks and immigrants why would you pay a dollar to live there

In my total amateur opinion, I think downtown Fresno, CA has potential. It's a complete shithole right now, but the first station of the California High Speed Rail will be there, and it's going into the Bay Area. It'll turn a 2 and a half hour drive to a 40 minute ride.

atlanta is good

>implying that's not true

>actually wanting to be surrounded by niggers, spics, and poor people

>b-but m-muh night life

no thanks bubs I'll take my peace instead.

>What are salaried jobs at corporate or professional firms
>What are good schools for your kids
>What are nicely cordoned off rich neighborhoods like the pretty much all of Manhattan south of Central Park North, or Beverly Hills, or Noe Valley
>What is being able to buy what you want/need at any given time and enjoy the diverse offerings a city allows instead of muh Walmart

big cities don't have good schools for your kids

They absolutely do. Just don't live in the nigger areas or send your kids to a school where they bus in niggers from nigger areas.

>racist retard
>unironically thinks he's qualified to judge the quality of an education he skipped.

>there are no good jobs outside of international cities
>there are no good schools outside international cities

>there are no cities besides international cities

lel

>But in New York, this rare piece of real estate is a marketable commodity: a whole 999 square feet that sold for $3.25 million last year.

where are those 200k homes you are talking about?

I do.

It's not my favorite place, but in terms of Real Estate it's a good city to make money on a deal.

Yeah, basically. Feel free to try to network in Bumfuck, Nowhere though.

not much 30k at geeksquad

thanks for the update on that

its hard to rent out in nyc. Bunch of co-ops so they usually dont allow subletting

where do you live? bronx is residential it aint pretty but I love nyc

ayy we're number 1

go canada

>what is industry that requires lots of land?

You know you can get a job at a place like Lockheed martin out in BFE? but keep telling yourself there are no jobs outside of nyc, all those people doing fine just must be living off the land

Where do you think you are?