/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General: moralfag Edition

Old bread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (YOU ARE 100% FUCKED IN THE ASS WITH A RAKE IF YOU ARE ON 11.3!)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-No progress regarding bootrom dumping or sighax for weeks now.
-Nintendo released 11.3, thoroughly patching downgrading for latefriends who update. 3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36
-rxTools BTFO, Menuhax's "last known Home Menu vuln." dead. Current solution is to switch to Luma or better yet, install a9lh per the guide.
-hblauncher_loader 1.3 and new *hax 2.9a payloads fix Homebrew for 11.3. github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/tag/v1.3
-NTR CFW 3.4 Preview6 and BootNTR 3.1 released. (BootNTR Selector updates automatically.) github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

>Wii U
-FlimFlam69 removed the Brazilian method from the guide (you can still find it at: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md). The pastebin has been updated to contain that link.
-People speculate about a new Wii U firmware version coming in before or at launch of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. You may still want to be careful, even if the Wii U is out of production.
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-fl0w teases usb mounting for pstv only. wololo.net/2017/02/09/theflow-teases-support-external-usb-drive-pstv-vita-tv/
-Activation without PSN access now possible. wololo.net/2017/02/10/epsp-bubble-installer-2-0-activation-without-psn-psvita/
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NSR30zYZD4
youtube.com/watch?v=jC2w4P5N5e4
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ty217/updating_homebrew_cias_through_home_menu_like/ddq0xuu/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/267095-mega-multi-official-themes-chmm-region-free-08-02-2017-a.html
pastebin.com/92LRRcSw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

aye fug u

youtube.com/watch?v=1NSR30zYZD4
youtube.com/watch?v=jC2w4P5N5e4

anyone dumped these new themes yet?

>Vita has the ability to mount as regular USB
>PSTV has the ability to mount regular USB as memory card

PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE

>still no adrenaline update

>YOU ARE 100% FUCKED IN THE ASS WITH A RAKE IF YOU ARE ON 11.3!

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

What do you mean about adrenalin update?

Going to hack my Wii U later tonight after putting it off for awhile. Around how long is the process? I took about 2 and a half hours on my 3DS.

>take out SD card from 3DS and put it into PC
>please reformat the disc before using it
PANIC

Is there any real benefit to modding vWii?
Or should I just stick to PC emulation?

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD is PERFECT!

>-No progress regarding bootrom dumping or sighax for weeks now.

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ty217/updating_homebrew_cias_through_home_menu_like/ddq0xuu/

Can I update my 3ds to 11.3 safely now?

Lolwut

>YOU ARE 100% FUCKED IN THE ASS WITH A RAKE IF YOU ARE ON 11.3!
latefags BTFO

Are there any hopes to run NDRV3 or games that requires latest firmware on PSV with 3.60? Is someone working on it?

But hey, that's just a theory.

F00Dhax may make it possible if it comes

You could have done that since day 1. Just make sure you jave 6.6 luma and already ln a9lh

The games are running on hardware they were meant to run on, Dolphin looks better still

I was here on day 1 amigo, all those bricking made me hesitate. Just updated luma, I guess I'll update now?

I'm hoping for f00d, considering most of the PSVs sold here came in 3.61

some games might have graphical issues at times on dolphin, but that's about it. if your PC is strong enough, you'll get a better experience with emulation.

if your PC is on the weak side, go with a modded wii. you might be able to find one for cheap($15) at goodwill these days.

user. There was never a a9lh brick by updating. You fell for the typical fearmongering. I updated my old3ds day 1 of the update without even making a nand backup. Still alive and kicking. Just also update ntr selector to 2.7 whatever to make it work on 11.3

What is f00dhax?

What could potentially free the vita froms its chains in the hacking scene. Of course right after we get throught the hostage situation and paypals

Is there a .cia version of Moonshell or is there a way to launch the .nds version on CFW?

>YOU ARE 100% FUCKED IN THE ASS WITH A RAKE IF YOU ARE ON 11.3

won't make a difference for 3.61 vitas.

nds-bootstrap does DLDI patching for it but it's shit. Use a flashcard.

So, I finally got around to installing Homebrew and going through that process. Thing is, I'm using a 4gb micro sd on my n3DS. Could I later down the line just copy everything from that one and put it on a bigger sized one that's fully formatted?

it would seem so

Where can i find them?

I can Brazilian US games on my EU Wii U if I run Haxchi before install/playing, right?

If you have a9lh and Luna you can just copy the entire SD card over to new one that is formatted correctly and it will work. If you're using just homebrew launcher without cfw it won't work.

3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/267095-mega-multi-official-themes-chmm-region-free-08-02-2017-a.html

Why wouldn't it?

Luma*

Thanks senpai

Hacking lv0 for 3.60 or otherwise leaking info from lv0 doesn't mean anything for constructing a new exploit chain on 3.61 aside from making it a little easier to find new exploits.

We were promised 64 MB and PS1 support in February

blocked

Hello /hbg/

I have a Slim PS2 model number 90001, with datecode 9C. It is my understanding that this model can't be softmodded. However, whenever I play any game, the splash screen where the PlayStation 2 logo would typically show up, shows a rather low-res "MATRIX" image, which leads me to believe the console has been modified in some way. It also can play some pirated games, but very few.
Since it has already been modified, does this mean not all hope is lost? All I want is the ability to play games directly from a hard drive. I checked the hackerinformer site but the 9C datecode is not there.

Thanks in advance.

february isn't over yet

Thanks /hbg/ friend

I remember Matrix being a particular kind of modchip. Your console can probably play burned games.

Better than nothing I suppose.

Good luck with a slim and harddrives.

At most you can USB/network load with Open PS2 Loader but they won't hold a candle and come with their own problems.

I can't even laugh, it's too accurate.

It can play burned cames indeed, but it seems to be really picky about it. I've ran a couple of games the console came with, but any of the ones I've burned myself don't work. Tried different burning speeds from x4 to x16 to no avail.

in your timezone maybe. It's march 2018 here.

Why not?

if wii vc injects ever become a thing, it has the potential to depreciate vwii mods

untill then, vwii mod if you dont have/want a real modded wii
afaik you cant get 1:1 pixel mapping with the vwii, it crops and scales a little

Maybe someone with one of these chips can help you burn games?

If you want to load games from elsewhere, burn a uLaunchELF disc. Be warned that USB is cripplingly slow.

Was Nier 2: Robo Waifu good?

Doesn't work, will never work.
pastebin.com/92LRRcSw

No. Videogames aren't good.

Anybody have that chart/image of recommended 3DS games? The wiki isn't up to date.

yea boi

doing your part to help clean up this general. proud of you, user.

I performed an n3dsxl system update last night and now my system boots to blank screens. If I take the sd card out and try to boot up the power light will flicker and the system turns off. However I can still access hourglass and luma boot menus with the sd card in.

Is there hope for my machine?

I'm on al9h and luma if that helps.

Im sorry but 64mb? Whats that about again?

hold a l r up and power on WHILE the sd is inserted, this is important
say okay to the prompts
it should work afterwards

Well that gave me a chuckle
>missing coincidental image joke

Guide says 11.2 FW, but I've got 11.2.0.35
It'll still work right?

PSP ram limitations. Makes more homebrews work or work better, and games load faster.

yes

Wouldn't that drain the battery even more?

You wouldn't be able to measure how little of a difference it would make. Might actually save battery if you can reduce the number of real I/O accesses.

>he updated to 11.3

>he updated to 3.61
>he updated to 3.56

go back to tumblr you retarded sufag

This doesn't seem to do anything, unfortunately. I've been googling the issue and it appears luma being outdated might have to do with it. I'm on 5.5 which is incompatible with 11.3 apparently. I just need to figure out how to upgrade manually and see if that fixes anything.

steven universe is a good show tho for real

kill yourself

I think I rustled you a little

Having watched the first season, you need to leave.

i did it boys i just hacked my 3ds!
so which game should I try out first?

Buy a playstation vita.

responds to safe space meme by hiding in safe space... that's hilarious!

vita's got ram just sitting there doing nothing, might as well use it

original psp1k had 32MB ram, 2k and later had 64MB

Fuck off

Play Ocarina of Time 3D if you've never played it on N64.

nice place to store those roms :)

Back to your containment board

>rxTools BTFO
what happened? i haven't been following recent developments.

It doesn't work on 11.3.

oh, thank you.
i'm still on 10.4, anyway.

Remember this pic? It happened. And only Luma can support whatever new NATIVE_FIRM automatically afaik, every other CFW will break because they use older nativefirms (rxTools uses fucking 9.6).

nintendo confirmed new games coming in 2018. you might as well move up to the latest hax, while you still can.

utikDownloadHelper has a bunch of Wii games listed, like Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade.

Does installing these put them on the Wii U homescreen or the vWii homescreen?

thank you. it was going to happen sooner or later.

yeah, i'll probably do that. i was on vacation and didn't have wifi, that's why i haven't updated yet.

>he
you don't know me

Wii U homescreen, and the work just fine. Tested Skyward Sword literally yesterday.
Just remember that going into vwii mode removes sigpatches, so make sure to relaunch haxchi or mocha when you're done.

The required version in ns was bumped to 11.3.

In the boot sequence, this happens:

1. [bootrom stuff, ARM9 stuff]
2. Kernel11 boots
3. Kernel11 extracts built-in system modules fs (file system), sm (service manager), pxi, loader, pm (process manager)
4. pm launches ns
5. ns launches home menu or test menu

Step 4 now fails on