/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

REEEE edition

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
youtube.com/watch?v=8-ZNZtpmSJU
pastebin.com/2vEs0qzJ
youtube.com/watch?v=dSXMUVd9sYw
we.tl
3ds.titlekeys.com/#00040000001b8300
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for blanche

-Demo out now!
-Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0

inb4 Isabelle butt

youtube.com/watch?v=8-ZNZtpmSJU

Hopefully someone is cool enough to track down the (usually private for a few hours) CapcomChannel link.

Use the goddamn Brave attacks, they fill the gauge in like 5 hits. How you're having trouble with getting Brave Mode when one of your Brave attacks is the axe morph attack is beyond me. Get good.

For those who missed it, Brave and Alchemy moveset adjustments.

pastebin.com/2vEs0qzJ

Yes, you can just tap Y and then quickly press X or A for stance attacks.

Old Jungle is back

Noice.

Anyone got a youtube link for the Demo's opening cinematic?

youtube.com/watch?v=dSXMUVd9sYw

barioth has 2 charge attacks, an instant one which is followed up after a leap or the slow startup one which is from standstill, which one are you complaining about

Thanks my dude

I actually didn't notice that. That makes Brave style even more retarded. Why aren't regular attacks fill the meter so slow? Brave attacks are exactly the same, sans charged double slash.
Also having to constantly press the sheathe button is really counter-intuitive. I keep pressing R to do the morph.

The instant one he does from idle.

He charges? I thought he did the small jumps thing.

I guess Tri will keep having the best opening for more time

the only instant attck he has from idle is the lunge, which looks similar to the charge

>Has anyone else noticed? Brave stance doesn't seem to work if you get hit from behind.

Yep. Maybe I'll get used to that, but for some reason it feels sudden every time it gets me.

thta is his charge, even though it doesn't look like other monster charges

What does alchemy GL lose?

>tfw exactly at 2:14
wew

>ctrl f
>pastebin

Doesn't it count as multiple attacks, as opposed to usual charges?

is the demo on eshop?

no, its just a single charge

xth for sexy, sweaty women in gundam suits

If you have a JP 3DS, sure. If not,

we.tl
/uaok9OYhei

Are there any title keys for the MHXX demo yet? I can't find anything on free shop or ciangel.

Just download the cia you fucking nigger.

3ds.titlekeys.com/#00040000001b8300
?

dual Green Plessy in the old forest gave me PTSD

Sorted it now, cheers user.

Is there a translated guide for the demo? I can't understand moonrunes.

I dropped FU on G3 after that quest and furious Rajang in old volcano. The other quests didn't sound much better.

what are you even trying to read
it's monster hunter. pick a weapon and a style and hit the monster.

I just hope someone translates wtf all those cat options are. Why so many choices?

Same here.

You weren't excited about dual diablos and dual black gravios?

last one is beast prowler, which is supposed to be the new thing.

Any idea whats the best damage combo for brave lance? Triple poke>shield bash or brave attack, alternate bash and poke, spam brave attack, or maybe spam charges.

Alchemy is garbage. Why would anyone use it when you can chose a proper dps dealing style instead and just bring your own buff items?

"""support""" shitters

nigga who knows we don't know if they did overall MV changes for balance or even if brave has different ones.

>Alchemy HH niggers corner horning
hopefully theres an option to kick players during a hunt

>all those idiots who go around saying it's a machine or even EDW at the end of the trailer
>did not learn a thing from when they were saying Naknak was totally an undead hydra
Is there no hope for clueless retards?

I still dont get the different skills on armor items. the only offensive skill i have is "attack" and I cant buy any good items with this stat

Is MHXX going to be the definitive monster hunter for years to come? The new FU.

Early on in the game you get an option at the smithy to forge decorations, which give additional points in their listed skills when placed in an armor with slots to hold them. Get familiar with them, they're very important to your armor sets as they help squeeze in the last few points you need to activate or upgrade a skill, or can even add a skill all by themselves if you have enough slots on your armor.

Someone posted motion values already. I can't seem to get a decent time on Barroth though. Best so far is around 7 minutes.

lmao holy shit the standard Evade during Brave mode is like evasion+5 or something. you got a good whole entire second of invincibility.

i wonder if this is just for the demo.

it's like a mantis thing underneath

NO PECO

>literally no reason to play adept anymore

My stick!

They probably work exactly like demon dashes and have built-in Eva+1. Since the Eva+1 iframes don't last much longer than the animation itself, it's more than enough to evade through shit all day long.

>Since the Eva+1 iframes don't last much longer than the animation itself
Meant "less", not "longer".

have you tried Striker to see if the lance poke is still disgusting OP?

no, MHX and MHXX are not main games. They just a special thing capcom made to make money and please retarded japanese fans.

Soon we'll be back to the main serie with MH5 and it will be fun again.

Just like the EDW deniers

is that backhop/forward hop the only thing brave sns gets? i'm not sure why i would ever use this, especially if the bnb is still just going to be R+X, X, X, A, A, repeat.

Brave SnS and LBG got shafted hard.
At least they still have wonderful Striker modes.

Can IG cut tails even if they are blunt type?

>says increasingly nervous man for 85th time this year

blunt/cutting refers to the damage type of the bug. the weapon itself is always cutting damage.

Gotta shake that barrel instead user

we know what it is from the dlc previews

>plays like monster hunter
>has as many monsters as a "main game"
>gets an ultimate expansion like a main game
>not a main game
why does this meme keep getting parroted

Can't find the interview (it was posted like 2 or 3 days ago but its from when gen came out) but the game designer said it was a special game for a special occasion (probably for special players too considering the gameplay is a downgrade from previous title in the franchise)

I want to give Miss Cat a big, deep, adult kyss!

>they said it was a 4th gen game
>so therefore it isnt a main game
>4 is just a modified 3 engine
>3 is just a modified 2 engine
>2 is just a modified 1 engine
>all monster hunter games after 1 are not main games

>Fatty family and Alatreon in the same game

dis gon b gud

if the forward upslash is the same as the adept evade from back hop, that attack is worth 40mv.

This is actually pretty neat in brave mode. the combos never stop, you just chain directly into backspin slash and then into the forward upslash into combo forever

>Lao-Shan
>Shagaru
>Alatreon
>Fatalis
Way too many dragon weapons.

KILL ANIME
KILL PARTICLES
KILL PROWLER
KILL MEMELCHEMY
FFFFUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK

The surface excuses are "because it's not numbered", "because it's too anime", "because they didn't even try", etc.
The real excuse is and has always been to harvest (You)s from easily triggered regulars. That's also why correcting or even blowing the fuck out of people who spout it does nothing, and if anything gives it lasting power by proving that it does rile people up.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO CAPTURE MONSTERS WITH RANDOM NOOBS ON THE INTERNETZ

there is also jho and valfuck

What's the deal with Alatreon? Never played third gen but I thought it was on of the the most boring elders

its like kushala only significantly harder to kill and half the time you can't attack it since it is flying

also its head is a bitch to break without a premade team and even if you manage to break it the chance of getting the carve is low

is a bitch

>I'll hit it just one more time even if it's limping xDDD

XX could have been the best game ever.

3rd gens replacement for teo, kush and kirin

He had a niche when he wasn't in a game with the elder trio. It's like rusty kish but 10 times worse.

Are valfalc guaranted to be dragon though?

discount elder dragon, 3 for the price of 1

oh ok thanks now I understand

yes. we've seen it hit something, it's definitely dragon element.

Kushala is not ice until MH4 tho. Or was it Frontier who did it first?

gameplay we see from hammer and ig sort of confirm it, the monster also causes dragonblight, I think Lao also causes dragonbligt now

what is this image supposed to be? some monsters are shown multiple times.

what is the last monster?
It looks like a Glavenus pumped up like Jho does in rage mode.

Alatreon is a fun fight but alot of people suck at fighting him for some strange reason. He has a lot of tells/openings

Back in the 3rd gen days it was a marked improvement over every Kushala skeleton monster before it, and as an endgame boss it presented a genuine challenge in contrast with the lazy OHKO snails the Fatalis trio were.
4th gen onwards it's been arguably outstripped in both camps by Teostra, and the only distinct feature it's left with is its infuriatingly hard to get Skypiercers, even after 4th gen made their acquisition much more forgiving.
In all, the favor it gets is all nostalgia.

I need fanart of [G]Hammer-chan
It just feels right!
She has truly come a long way in terms of Hyper Spirit Evolution.

Kushala has always been ice way before MH4

>jpn boxart vs usa boxart
why the fuck is everyone so mad lmao

It was in 2nd gen, what are you on about?
Kush's wind attacks inflicted ice damage when in Snowy Mountains, which was the big main stage of 2nd gen games.