/ng/ - Nioh General

Intensity edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>Little things to know

Your amrita counter turns gold when you have enough to level up.

If you're going to sell your gear, break it down first and sell the materials because they are worth more.

Using spirit stones will charge your spirit weapon.

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected, this saves time running back to your grave and also takes away the risk of losing all your amrita before you reach your grave

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour when you defeat them, these pieces are good but they often require investment into skill or strength etc. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon. This is a great advantage because your forged gear has lower requirements and you don't have to farm the boss all the time for more pieces.

>How do I join a clan?
It unlocks as you progress, everything will be daijoubu.

>Which clan should I join?
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most. Don't worry if the clan you chose is on the losing side (red or blue team), we've learnt this week that clans can change color if one is dominating too much.

old beta guide the could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCRfzfZW6VQCSRVCNeNt6V6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What weight armor are people wearing as axe?

You can do all of them. But if you want a build that focuses on strong attacks you'll need at minimum medium.

Are the same revenants following me around, or does everybody have a Kusanari Tsurugi with only two abilities?

everyone gets the same drops pretty much minus reforging/forging ofc but there aren't a lot of armor sets worth using, same for elemental effects

I'd go with heavy to get more of the armor value when you tank hits.

I tried heavy to start, didn't like it, went mid then eventually light. Once you get the Intensity mystic art heavy becomes viable again, since it greatly increases damages on attacks that drain your ki and heavy drains the shit out of your ki. Combined with Rage (which boosts your attack for a time whilst increasing ki drain) shit can get kinda silly.

tanuki balls

>tfw missions achievement rate is full

I did it lads
I become the Conqueror.

>Manage to actually kill off Oda in the Yuki/Oda fight
>Die to Yuki's retarded fuckoff grapple

I think I might come back with better gear. This is upsetting me too much. That or just headshot cheese it with Saika set. He's really easy to headshot and groundstab repeatedly.

I just got to that ninja level with the Toad and this is the coolest level ive seen in a long time in any vidya

it's way easier to just rush yuki imo, she's vulnerable a lot more often and is also really open to getting in back attacks as long as you're not using something really slow

Yuki's grapple is absolute bullshit at close range, but if you stay at a distance it becomes the most punishable attack in the game.

Run away, she'll try to close the distance and come up short, sprint and get a couple of quick hits then run away as she does her AoE. Repeat and you're laughing.

>Orochi boss fight

What the fuck is this shit how the fuck are you supposed to hit the fucking heads when you get hit by 4 projectile bullshit anytime you stand still for longer than a second

31 points on health and almost every hit one shotted me.

defense on your gear is bad. This game uses an absolutely unforgiving damage fomrula

>getting hit by ogress

So you are all grade c agility and block/trade most attacks instead of dodging?

Ogress is the hardest boss in the game. Ice cunt is the easiest.

WHAT

>ogress
>hard

Pick only one

focus on one

I'm , and that's my current build yeah. Biggest problem with it is complete lack of diversity, since it only really works with the axe used in that specific way and the occasional 1kat stand-in-the-middle-of-ten-mobs-and-parry-everything rodeo.

I'll take hard please bb ;)

Not an axe user.

>tfw go ham on boss
>host overcommits and dies

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
so many people think they're invincible once the summon has arrived

stop standing still

So you can only parry fodder humanoids? No yokis or bosses?

>Come across a field of graves
>Everyone died to a Tengu
>Maybe it was a clusterfuck fuck
>No the only enemy in the area is a single Tengu
Birds and monks worst enemies in the game, goddamn.

they would be if you took the durability to allies ability so they took less damage.

But you didn't Did you

lol its funny cus the opposite is true haha XD

Took me 10 to 15 tries to beat Umi-Bozu. The fight itself is easy, but I kept falling in the cocksucking water.

You can parry the undead enemies.

You can parry any humanoid bosses.

You can parry Hino-enma; when she charges you, a parry will knock her to the ground.

That's all I know, but I'm sure there are others. Wouldn't surprise me if you can parry ice cunt's charge.

It isnt.

yeah, let's make the game even easier

I didn't realize that the wheelmonks had an instant ki-loss thing on the other side of the wheel. Makes them much easier to manage.

I dont think you can parry her charge because its a grab.

captcha - impass parry

>dying to stupid ass shit as a summon

Never doing coop again.

i feel like i should think the bellflower kabuto is dumb, but something about it is really cool to me

just like real life

never fuck with birds or monks

Anyone know where I can find a revenant with a divine masamune?

Not easy to them

It is.

How embarrassing. I tried to help people with water tentacle boss and kept falling into holes before getting to the boss room. One host messaged me and called me a useless retard and I havent co op since then

Did Umibozu on Twilight yesterday morning and only ever died because I kept underestimating the size of the platform during the second phase. Blob didn't touch me once but those fucking holes kept getting me.

it's happened to me too user, i'd also be pretty discouraged if i got called a useless retard

So who is this Sachi girl? Why isnt she in the game?

is that a thing? I looked through magic+ninja tree and the hidden teahouse. I cant find anything. Am I getting memed

>One host messaged me and called me a useless retard

Oh, user.

Axe can parry everything, but without Intensity it's a shit parry.

it's a clan ability. It gets pretty up there if your loyalty is high

>I'm Sachi!
>Saaa-chi!
Sachi a cute

but who is she

She's onryoku

Stop

>Visitor does bow gesture multiple times to wall-oni
>Attacks us
>Send him a message after session saying to try a different emote (blue, yellow, red) if it doesn't work the first time
>You Rock!!!
T-thanks

>join a random yokai realm with a companion
>pull up a gun to snipe an enemy
>a skellington kills us both while we weren't paying attention and ends the match

I feel pretty stupid

sloth is for fucking casuals who can't dodge for shit. be ashamed for even allocating a point in it.

Meant for

Are the emotes all random? There are like 30 of them. Hard to guess the right one.

With the walls the specific gesture doesn't matter. He likes either a blue, yellow, or red one.

That's the other emote yokai

>tfw 86hours on my char
I love this game.

>Expecting anyone to pass up on Luck for that

Nah m8

>help random guy out with the gift for muneshige mission
>get a friend request afterwards from the guy
>every time he sees me playing he asks me if I want to co-op
>keeps sending me messages telling me how good at the game I am when I help him beat a boss and give him advice on how to deal with nurikabe and mujina nonlethally
>keeps sending me messages asking me if I saw that cool thing he did that actually did some damage to something
I'm a completely average player but this guy is all over my dick for some reason. I don't get it, but I begrudgingly have to admit I find his awe and desire for my approval quite endearing.

...Am I senpai? Does he want me to notice him?

>decided to co-op
>in that stage where umi bozu is the boss
>accidentally falls off the ledge

retarded casual. Delete him he's not worth it.

You should add that Mujina only does one of the nine emotes you have on your quick access when it pops out, no need to start frantically looking through all your emotes.

which armor set affected sign of cross damage? was it 2 piece bonus?

What's the purpose of divine fragments for reforging? It's more expensive but still gives same pool of bucks bonuses.

I ignore any friend requests, not looking to run someone through the entire game. If someone asks for help on a different mission though, I say I just help people through random encounters.

So 4/5 summons?

is it ever worth it to use the slower spear grapple over the standard one?

Ask for dick pics.

So what's the point of low level twilight missions? They don't give you anything remotely worthwhile if you're anywhere past the mission level.

I would have and did in the first version, except multiple anons in the thread when I first posted this said that sometimes the Mujina will use something from your extended menu. And then earlier today it happened to me myself.

It seems to be rare to the point where I totally forget it's a thing in between occurrences, but it happens.

Fucking testicle badgers, man.

I did one just to complete my list for the trophies

>get help from someone/help someone out
>spam positive emotes
>run around in circles fast when we beat the boss
>bow to them one final time before never seeing them again

The...only true way...

They're marginally harder versions of their lower level non-twilight counterparts. I don't understand your confusion.

>Regular Iai does 1,000+ damage for me
>The anime as fuck running Iai does 200

What the hell.

rude dude

Clearing the checklist. The game does keep track of what twilight missions you've done.

Source: I've only done a few, but it's recycled one I've done today and it was already marked as completed.

Normal Iai is amazing. Tiger Sprint even with the set bonus is shit and will be shit forever. Barrage on the other hand with the bonus is fucking amazing

youtube.com/channel/UCRfzfZW6VQCSRVCNeNt6V6w shamelessly asking for help on what im doing wrong with the big cat guy

>kurisagama mystic arts
>Weight attacks has more damage from health and ki as well as lower ki consumption.
>sickle attacks has more damage from health and ki as well as lower ki consumption.

I'm leaning on choosing weight. any ideas?

can you get Hideaki's sword? I think it looks neat.

Don't hold forward. Don't even lock on.

Yes.

So does anyone have any insight on how the saves work, specifically what might cause them to overwrite? I made my primary character first and then about 12 hours in decided to play a ninja so I made one. At the same time I made a third character to fuck around with axes a bit. After some fuckery with both I went back to play my main and it was gone, replaced by two saves of the axe man.
It's not a huge deal, its not like I can't make up some time, but now I don't even want to play my ninja (which I really liked) because I'm worried that it might fuck with my main save and overwrite it (which I just started over) and I have no idea how I even overwrote it in the first place.

Yes. It's part of his set. You get it's smithing text along with the armor's when you clear the area.

There's a lot like this.

Like Yoki fall over when their head is damaged, and Spiders tumbling down when their butt is hurt.

Basically look for glowing yellow things and beat the shit out of that.

I feel like 80% of the attacks use the weight. A lot of the meat and potatoes attacks seem to at least.

Kiwi or Aussie?

Does every single enemy have a smithing text you can farm or just bosses? Some of the fodder enemies have nice looking sets too.

is there a specific mission people are doing to get that -1 bonus set piece charm? Or is it just random?

yea, it's called atagi sadamune and i always use that shit for refashioning

Or just steal some from revenants. Have loads of them from contributing to my clan.

I believe it is a higher chance of getting crazy shit like scales with heart/spirit etc.

the strongest attacks use the sickle. It's literally a choice between fast and strong

a lot of those are available to forge by default, i think default samurais and the white sekigahara samurais don't have obtainable armor

OH and the yoki with the crystals on their backs can be killed easily if you hit their back crystals enough so they explode. Just watch out for the explosion. Not sure if people know this. A lot of people I have cooped with stay to their front which is annoying.

the assumption is that divine fragments have a higher chance of higher tier upgrades. Speaking from experience, that certainly FEELS to be the case

but it could just as well not be the case and I wouldn't be any wiser