Expensive as hell in the 90s and didn't give you very much

>Expensive as hell in the 90s and didn't give you very much
>Every owner with a riced out Supra wants big bux because I know what I have
Why are we supposed to like this again?

Veeky Forums hates it with a passion.

But that's okay, because I feed off their hate.

Go ahead, there's nothing I haven't heard before.

I prefer the Z32, it manages to combine the aesthetics of the 80s and 90s.

And be the least reliable and poorest performing

Has anyone LS swapped a Supra for ultimate ricer rage?

Just looked and its been done plenty of times.

Not only am I certain people have LS swapped plenty of Supras, I'm also almost certain that someone has done it for that very reason alone

It isn't uncommon for a non turbo model to be engine swapped with a V8.

This wouldnt make anyone mad though.

You were supposed to like it 10 years ago when it was possible to buy a used one for $25k

>Why are we supposed to like this again?
Reliable, well built grand tourer with lots of potential?

They can be made into track beasts
Highway monsters
Or a mix of both while still retaining perfect daily driveability

Any hate they get is just from ignorant contrarian faggots who cant find a legitimate reason other than "my 12 year old cousin likes it!"

uh oh, you said something positive about supra's on Veeky Forums

RIP my friend

Can you put a 1UZ and a manuél in a mk4 Supra?

>Why are we supposed to like this again
yes we are the boomers now

An actually reasonable and balanced post on Veeky Forums. I haven't seen this in years.

Also, this.

Just sucks to live in America, that's all.
You guys get crit-cucked by ricer tax.

Ur gonna get it, user

>Limited by it's 3L displacement
>Doesn't really flow as well as a modern motor because 1990s
>Powerband is fucking retarded on it because forced induction by massive impeller turbos

F

A quick look on cars.com shows a Supra Turbo runs about five times as much as a 6.0 '05-06 GTO. I know the GTO lacks the cachet of the MkIV Supra but its an insane performance bargain.

On what basis does the head not flow well?
Simply because of age?
IMO flow tech has stagnated due to cheaper workarounds.

I think he was just having a dig

No, the piece of shit OOO SHINY I HOPE IT WILL IMPRESS MY FRIENDS generation is perpetual.

>>Expensive as hell in the 90s and didn't give you very much

I mean, it couldn't have been as bad as the NSX value-wise a car that costed a shit-ton of money and was naturally aspirated could it? i think the Supra was faster out of the gate then the NSX was whilst still being cheaper.

IMO the Supra was a better 90s performance car than the NSX overall.

I'm sure, I just figured I might instigate a more meaningful discussion on something I'm not overly versed in.

It's trivial seeing the supra described as pigfat, which I wont argue, but the MKIV is only 5cm taller. I'm sure the CoG is a lot lower on the N, but still.

yeah fuck it ai i just buy what a like and if it happens to become a classic then cool if not i dont care im not a scalping faggot.

This is my logic. I buy for me, not for my image. Spoiler, I don't have one. I'm a loner loser faggot, the only thing I care about is price:performance.

Yes. If I'm not mistaken it's the more common swap.

I'd take a 05-06 any day over a supra.

Saving this post. Dubs of truth.

Please tell me why everyone and their mother loves the mk4??
And DON'T tell me it just cause of FnF

It's a combination of FnF and youtube videos.

I own one, I knew I wanted one since I first saw one and people can never get their head around the fact that I've never seen FnF.
Personally I love everything about the car, I think it looks great (stock or with some tasteful mods). It sounds brilliant and performs well,. As someone already said in this thread, you can make the car whatever you want it to be. I love the car for what it is, but I do feel that the majority of people like it purely for it's reputation.

Just to add to why I think people love the supra because of youtube and FnF. Nobody knows fuck all about the car.

When someone asks me about the car I'm always asked about what the engine size is, if supra come turbo charged and stuff. If you liked the car you would at the very least know what fucking engine size it has.

the real question is has anyone ever 2jz swapped a camaro?

not spreading hate I rather enjoy the Supra I agree with your points but it's just too expensive now for not that much there's no point in spending 40k plus on a 90's car. It's definitely not worth that much at all. I'm sure there are cars now that can do that same thing as it for 1/4th the price. It's a great car but not even close to great enough that I would ever spend 40k or more for that matter.

Because it got the same engine as this Giugiaro designed masterpiece

this

I too own a mk4 and had never seen more than clips of fnf.

It was the one car i always bought in gran turismo and need for speed underground as a kid

So naturally when i got my liscence it was all i ever wanted to drive.

I just bought mine as a running project and had never seen one in person until i went to look at what i bought

Unless youve driven one you cant tell how much soul the car has its not insanely fast its not crazy dexterious or even particularly light but when your in the driver seat you couldnt tell that car has made me happy when im in the driver seat im were i want to be that 8 year old kid eyes glazed over from a lack of sleep racing around a car i never thought id own

There's a bloke here LS3'ing one. Wants to make a sick grand tourer out of it.

There is more to the A80 than muh two jay zee. That's just FnF and JAY DEE EMM TYTE BRO retards.

I never had racing games and stuff. I just remember first seeing a supra and knowing I had to have one, even if insurance companies do fuck me for having one.

I think it's pretty dexterous, especially for it's weight though. I'd like to have more power in it, currently sitting at bpu levels of power but I won't be going further for a couple years at least. Either way getting to take it out on a nice sunny day or late at night is the best thing ever for me.

HMMMMM I could buy this Supra or get a GTR with half the miles.

Really gets the ol' neurons firin'.

>tfw I bought a v8 luxury supra

Did I do that?

>tfw thats a piece of garbage next to a real supra

i remember reading on >speedhunters a long time ago about someone who 2jz swapped an old muscle car. I think it might've been a demon?