/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-No progress regarding bootrom dumping or sighax for weeks now.
-Nintendo released 11.3, thoroughly patching downgrading for latefriends who update. 3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36
-rxTools BTFO, Menuhax's "last known Home Menu vuln." dead. Current solution is to switch to Luma or better yet, install a9lh per the guide.
-hblauncher_loader 1.3 and new *hax 2.9a payloads fix Homebrew for 11.3. github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/tag/v1.3
-NTR CFW 3.4 Preview6 and BootNTR 3.1 released. (BootNTR Selector updates automatically.) github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
-DS Rom loading was not worth waiting for

>Wii U
-FlimFlam69 removed the Brazilian method from the guide (you can still find it at: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md). The pastebin has been updated to contain that link.
-People speculate about a new Wii U firmware version coming in before or at launch of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. You may still want to be careful, even if the Wii U is out of production.
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-fl0w teases usb mounting for pstv only. wololo.net/2017/02/09/theflow-teases-support-external-usb-drive-pstv-vita-tv/
-Activation without PSN access now possible. wololo.net/2017/02/10/epsp-bubble-installer-2-0-activation-without-psn-psvita/
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2016/11/21/richdevx-teases-community-microsd-adapter-ps-vita-video/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Quick questions :

Is it possible to play multiplayer with virtual console on 3DS ?

If I extract a VC save, is it usable with a rom and an emulator ?

Not an argument.

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

>(embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

its in the op now

Should I get a bigger mem card for Vita now or wait for

wololo.net/2016/11/21/richdevx-teases-community-microsd-adapter-ps-vita-video/

I can make do with my measly 4GB but it's hard.

My life has meaning now.

Whenever Richard decides to stop discussing politics on twitter.

I have Hyrule Warriors on disc, what methods are available for me to pirate the DLC? I've found a few people mentioning SDCafiine but I have no idea how to use that with HW.

definitely wait

Use hue, that's how I did for all pirated DLCs I have.

Download DLC from utikdownloader.
Install DLC with wup installer mod y.
Make sure to launch haxchi or mocha before launching game.
Yes, I have personally confirmed that the DLC works just fine with discs.

So no matter what I'm gonna have to fuck with haxchi and buy something off the eShop, huh?

You are underaged if you cannot spend 7 dollars to buy brain age off the eshop to get hundreds of dollars worth of content for free.

>not having brain training offered by Nintendo themselves
Yep.

Use poormanbrowserhax every time then

I can spend 7 dollars, I wanted to avoid it because I have literally no reason to install CFW other than to pirate this DLC because I already own every other game worth buying for the system

Is CBHC only brickable during install?
Or can it randomly brick in use after?

Don't use it, it can brick if you ever goof later, just run haxchi on boot, when you gamepad prompts you with recently opened apps.

So I finally got around to looking at the failoverflow ps4 hack, those faggots have basically done a webkit exploit, how come no one has been able to reproduce it? It can't be that hard.

There are so many "knowns here":
It's FreeBsd 9
The CVEs are published online, especially the WebKit ones
They specifically attacked the fucking User guide in the video
They also say the ps4 has shitty security

If I wasn't working in a programming job I'd probably put some time into this, it looks laughably easy. I'm surprised one of you 15 year olds hasn't done this already.

>yfw latefags won't be able to purchase a DS title when 5.6 drops
cannot wait for wii u latefags desu

Then do it faggot or shut up

>DS Rom loading was not worth waiting for
This isn't news. Fuck off.

>he waited for ds rom loading from sd
LELLEKEKEKEKEKEEKEKEMEKWKLEEKLFKLWEKLWELKGERKL4ELEKRWLKTERGFKLGKBHAHAWHJHAHJHAHAHAHAHAGJNWERGKLERGLERLEK;EWKLEEMLREWLMRKWEWEWELLELOELELEOEKEKEALKWELMAO RETARD

I'm too busy drawing anime tiddies.

You're right, everybody already knows it.

i doubt we'll get another update

they know they can't stop people pirating Zelda because of rednand anyway

Will we see a Wii U leak of BOTW? Skyward Sword got leaked before launch too if I remember correctly

Hopefully a normal person can leak the game this time, unlike that Color Splash debacle

>Will we see a Wii U leak of BOTW?
At the latest it will be a 3-4 days before march 3rd, but very likely earlier.

Retard question probably. Do I have to move any specific data switching from rxTools+ menu ax to a9lh and luma? Or am I fine just to follow the guide exactly to get it to transfer?

What makes you think that?
retailers getting the game in stock?

You do it you neet bitch

>quick boot Haxchi on gamepad
>hold X that loads hbl2hbc.elf
>get booted into homebrew channel on vWii
>HAVE TO LITERALLY USE MY WII REMOTE TO SELECT NINTENDONT
>use my pro controller or gamecube controller in NIntendont and play games

Gamepad controls in vWii fucking when?

That's why I'm not using it yet, I don't have a wiimote laying around.

>>HAVE TO LITERALLY USE MY WII REMOTE TO SELECT NINTENDONT
This is why the classic controller exists. To hell with a sensor bar and it's unbearably long cord and thin cord.

hbl2hbc.elf bypasses the need for a sensor bar, I still need to press A twice on my wii remote to load nintendont

all you have to do is also follow the guide where it tells you how to move emunand to a9lh sysnand and it will still be linked with the files created by the 3DS on the SD card if you did it right. then it will be a matter of backing up everything on the SD card and using Godmode9 following the guide to delete emunand.

Are there any first person shooters on 3DS?

I know DS had barely any but MPH was fun.

fug metroid prime hunters was so fun ;w;

Will that end up fully deleting menuhax once the emunand is deleted and the CFW sysNand is installed? I dont want to worry about something dumb like accidently holding L and having menu try to start up with a9lh and end up bricking the system.

Are the retroarch 3DS builds from over a year ago still the best ones to use?

I honestly don't get why FPS wasn't more common on DS. In my opinion MPH is proof that the control scheme worked.

dementium, fed force, moon chronicles to name a few they're all pretty mediocre though

I see that Dementium and Moon are just remakes of the DS games. That's better than nothing, but what the fuck...? Why are people scared of this genre?

DS doesn't seem capable to push many polygons.. neither does the 3DS, it seems.

What game do I.play on my 3ds and what do I fap to tonight?

What game do I play on my 3ds to fap to tonight? and how is tank troopers?

mhm! the controls with the touch screen for aiming worked surprisingly well

The DS had a fixed polygon cap for each frame. It resembles an old 2D sprite engine in that sense, and shared the same affinity for high framerates because of it.

Recently modded a 2ds to run luma+al9h. As far as updating goes, is there anything I should do specifically? I know that with reinand you just sorta update and it works. So I figured I'd ask

IT'S HAPPENING!

If you just installed everything then it should all be the most recent versions, you'll be fine.

Oh boy, here we go.

oh fuck it's up on wii u iso

I have a 360 sitting here doing nothing. Is there anything I can do with it without modding hardware or should I just trade it in for 40 bucks?

Can I get it to run KOTOR?

there is no softmod

FE Fates, Camilla

Hi /hbg/, I downloaded uTikDownloadHelper to get my Wii U games but it ask me the adress of "this website". I don't understand what is the target website, so I don't know what I have to set. After the question it say "The Wii U Title Key Database", I don't know a site like that if it's the answer

Shit son, when will it be downloadable ?

not a expert on wii u hax but I think wii.titlekeys.com is what you're looking for

Thanks, but it doesn't work. I guess it's because I'm using a portable wifi box of Orange. I think that because when I try to go on this website I'm blocked by the message "your connexion is not private". I gonna try it at home this night

Oh nevermind, it was wiiu.titlekeys.com and not "wii"

oh thats a typo
sorry

Best place to grab 360 ISOs these days? Xbox360ISO a shit, and most torrents don't have seeders

What i gotta to hardmod it?

I'm just starting to hack my WiiU. As I understand , from the guides, I need to have an SD card where I'm putting Homebrew Launcher and Haxchi and i need another hard drive just for my WiiU games or can I put games on the same SD card? Also I keep hearing talk about getting games straight from the eshop but i haven't been able to find exactly how?

Look into flashing the disc drive

rate my 3ds folder
I give it an 8/10

hellhole

not enough ntr screenshots

Is there any way to plays Splatoon online using Loadiine? Single Player campaign is fun and all but the core of the game seems to be online

no no need to use loadiine for it anyway

>can I put games on the same SD card?
yes, loadiine lets you do that, but the games run worse plus have no online

>getting games straight from the eshop but i haven't been able to find exactly how?
uTikDownloadHelper lets you download the game files from Nintendo's servers.
see Brazilian Title Install Method:
>github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md

anyone know where i can get decryption keys for nusgrabber?

Eh, I've always been happy with Loadiine but I guess I need to make the switch if I want to go online. Will I keep my save data for all my games?

Use Saviine.

Stay mad pleb

I want to backup save from 3DS cartridge and move it to the game installed on SD card. What are my options?

Use JKSM. Figuring out how it works should be obvious.

Use hourglass9 to dump the game.
JKSM to extract + dump the save.

How is the 2DS compared to the New3DS for emulators?
How new is the 11.3 firmware, can I find it if I a buy a new one?

Same as O3DS. SNES is the limit. If you buy new it's definitely hackable.

Is it possible to install a game onto my Wii U without using a USB HDD?

Just ordered one from ebay. Upon asking the guy he just mailed me it was on 11.3 since yesterday.

Fuck you faggot

>If you buy new

>As new
Next time be more specific

Wii U doesn't shut off while installing games via huehax, right?

I got a bunch installing, but I want to walk away from it for a little while.

Thank you.
In the wiki you see there is emulators for neo geo and even PSX.
How bad do they go on the New3DS?
Anybody knows how well the Master System and Neo Geo Pocket ones perform.

no

>say if no lao no buy for mgxx
>see new trailer
>Lao os back

aaaaaahhhh!

ZELDA LEAK WHEN

you can install to internal memory yes, need to transfer files to wiiu using sd card, that's all.

I keep getting errors while trying to install a game using WUP Installer.
I've got the game in a folder called "install" in the root, but it doesn't seem to see it. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Anyone know where to buy a few cheap external hard drives under 500gb? Or just any good deal.

lol

>that small detail that ruins it
so close but no cigar

WUP Installer doesn't like special characters, I had this problem with Pokkén Challenge due to the accent in the "é"

5 hours

Electronics/pc repair stores at a mall.