/fhg/-For Honor General

Dumb frog edition

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hugy3JeP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for knights

xth for prestiging is painless in this game, and I really fucking like that.

Who /rep2/ here

first for /fhg/ boipussy

first for FUCK DRUMPF

Do you get a loss if you leave vs a bot 1v1 when someone quit?

What are the odds this game dies in a couple months like Division?

I'm actually kinda enjoying it but debating on returning it before I hit the 14 hours on Steam

I have a GTX 970. This shit is not running. It is crushing it's own fps. I have upgraded my driver, and my friend with the exact same goddamn card is running his shit fine. What am I doing wrong?

Please, god fucking help me.

Just got to level 16 rep0, I squandered my fun bucks from the tutorial on a head piece. I'll use my 2000 to get champ status tomorrow. How much steel do you get for completing story on realiatic?

rate a poor lawman's emblem

Lemme tell you a story user
Once upon a time there was a lawbringer who entered elimination

He thoroughly won his round, then looked up to see all of his friends had died :( and they lost the round. This happened two more times, and so even though the lawbreaker was 9 kills and 4 deaths he lost.

The end

Post full specs dumbfuck

Reposting Tier List to get more feedback

its more likely to become like R6 siege because of the free dlc. Even if it suffers after a few months, free weekends and price reductions will make player surges, especially since this game will probably have multiple years of content like r6 siege.

Yes

>searching for a match for 30+ minutes

Is this shit broken or?

This format is fucking retarded

Who's idea was that?

Very high
Doubt a lot of people will chose to stay when they realize the turtlefest that is lategame duel

Move warden closer to versatile and more in line with orochi, maybe even lower. Move conq up in the list as well, in game that rewards passive play so much a class that can punish heavies on block is crazy good.

5k, but you have to break the pots and shit to find steel. Makes the game way longer, hunting for all those fucking things.

Sounds like a story of a trash player who can't even win a 1v3.

hey teir-fag, how about you kill yourself.

I can see part of the lawbringer's polaxe on the left. You messed up, pal.

>make people so mad they send hate mail
>report hate mail
>get message from microshaft saying they took action
this game is a gold mine

This is why I laugh when people talk about "high level" play in FH. You need at least a month before you can start filtering out what's good or bad. On a winning streak in 1v1? Congrats, you're less shit at the game than most people.

I play Warden because fuck diversity and most people still don't can't handle the constant fast aggression even when 3/4 of it is coming from the same overhead guard. I swear to god Orochis, Nabushis and Peacekeepers spend most of their combat time randomly spazzing out their guard control and mashing Light attack. The only times I lose duels are when I'm specifically trying something fucky, or the one time per night I fight someone that's simply better than me. Does that make me a "high level" player? Maybe? I don't think so because there's still things I'm picking up all the time and I don't feel like I've "mastered" a damn thing, we won't know until at least half of the playerbase get the game to click instead of the tiny fraction it's at currently. That's why I'm also against any substantial nerfing/buffing until the aforementioned 30 day period.

The rise of modern esport is fucking cancer because everyone thinks they know shit, including me.

i'd be rep 50 by now if I didn't d/c from 90% of games

>warden higher than orochi and les versatile than kensei

A good orochi will melt nearly anyone but shield guys in seconds, same goes for pk. These two should be uncontested too tier for 1v1s. Also you can still parry a hit as warlord then head butt+poke people to death while preventing them from regenerating it, probably warrants him being higher.

>Orochis
orochi literally can't do that
their side light attack has like a 2 second wind up
it's as slow as a heavy, it's absolutely retarded

0/0

I haven't gotten any rewards from AI duels which is bullshit.

are there any plans to add more executions?
also whats a fast way to get steel? I really wanted the impale execution for my main and now Im broke af

Any other knights on xbone still missing their golden border?

>i7 3820

lol thats why. A kaby lake pentium out performs that.

Orochi are fucking cancer. a free hit if you use a guard top attack? how about you go mc-fuck yourself and pick a class that isnt literally "im shit so ill play shit" the class.

I'm mid tier at best, but even I can see the gaping flaw right now. Instead of a RPS style combat system where everything has a counter, defense counters everything.

GBs should be the counter to turtles. Instead, they're the fucking main move of turtles, because you get the best punishes through them. It's ass backwards, and so slow paced.

GBs should be untechable from neutral, to discourage turtles. And they should be techable after parries and shit, so turtles have to actually play at a normal pace and just go for the light attack.

no one is, play 2v2 or 4v4.

it will never be forgotten

division went into stagnation more than death, and wasn't completely abandoned. Although it does have the taste of "too little too late".

Anyway I agree with the other guy. They are definitly just trying to copy the R6 model, and they're going to do it well I think.

>orochi side step slash one trick pony
>better than warden

das a gud laff

>tfw vikings have a boipussy mascot
Can the weebs recover?

Eh hem

r8

rate

you think thats bad?
valk can charge immediately after a feint making it REAAAAAALY hard to read and they get a free heavy if they do their trip move which they can do after a charge, which btw they can do again after you get up and repeat until out of stamina.
as for PK I get shat on ever since that nigger iron pineapple released a video on it, now everyone is out there striving to be top nig

Did you read his post?

A bad cpu wouldn't cause low fps issues, it'd just drop to 0 fps and crash.

DEAR KNIGHTS, FOCUS WAR ASSETS ON DEFENCE
FELLOW VIKINGS FOCUS WAR ASSETS ON THE SAMURAI

>valk

goddamn she's weird

there's like a million different things she can do and i can't tell if they're actually good or not

It's not a "bad" cpu it's just old af.

If you bait out an attack from someone you get a free heavy and two overhead lights, you can land overhead heavy from gb, and you have free damage off of deflect. On top of the joint fastest overhead light in the game tied with pk. I inly main orochi becuase I'm a try hard faggot and will only play the best class, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Orochi is THE strongest class in a 1v1.

something is wrong with your computer
maybe an overheating issue?
I play this game on an old laptop with no issues (on low graphics settings)

fellow vikings?
they've been taking our holy lands.
Death to the savages, Death to the weebs

Why does it feel like the first person to commit to an attack is generally at a grave disadvantage in this game?

You can take half of someone's hp off of one feint as orochi. That's why I play him :^)

All the tools for a job but they're all blunted and broken

>1am
>been at work literally all fucking day
>want to play to take my mind off death in the family
>just wholly unmotivated to do anything
>have work early morning

I know playing's just gonna get me salty, too, but fuck

>lawbringers kit
Why is it so overloaded?

I tried doing a thing based off of the Adeptus Custodes Coat of Arms. How'd I do?

wew r8 m8s

Not quite true, most characters have one really quick attack. If you play a character with one it's normally safe to poke with.

Is there any noticeable upgrade in gear from rep 1 good boy boxes to rep 2?

Because it was designed by retards who never tried playing it at a high level.

What's sad is that instead of nerfing the whole defensive strategy, which would be very easy, they're instead just going to nerf all the characters shitters whine about. So Nobu and PK are going to get destroyed, even though they're completely balanced.

How2feint?

Yeah. Defense rules the game, you get punished for going on offense unless you do it in such a way that you trip them from the first move, which isn't a reward so much as it's just catching someone off-guard ayy . I think it's the reason why so many people struggle against a competent Conqueror, the defense is so good and the quick attack responses to blocking & parrying via the flail fuck you up if you aren't used to it. I can't really think of a solid way to directly "fix" attacks that doesn't turn it into a spammable neuter to defense. Maybe something to do with what blocks break combos, or blocking combos attacks past the first start to cost stamina. maybe blocking a heavy attack should cost stamina. I also like things that you can charge/time like the Orochi's dodge-back/attack.

this game needs a slow motion button so I can practice
I just don't understand the parry system
the timings are all over the place

look at his hero specific functions

Dominion matchmaking is so fucking garbage.

I'm sick and tired of my team being people who are clearly new fighting against Reputation 2 and 3 people.

I saw a guy with ~80 gear score. 80! That is far, far more than my team combined.

The worst part is I'm solo queueing and keep running into people who are obviously groups of 2 or 3 on the enemy team, because of their names/emblems.

literally the same as blocking except you press heavy when their hit lands

>greyjoy

fuckin nice

too bad they're a shit house now. euron is based tho

the others idk what they are except the punisher? which is kinda edgy especially considering you're a weeb

weeb fist? kinda neat
anti-weeb, good

i like the eagle thing too

that bottom right one looks like a vaporwave album, nice

pastebin.com/hugy3JeP

Somebody asked for Conqueror revenge-fucking/raping Peacekeeper.

It's a bit shorter than I like to write, but I had fun writing it after about a month and a half or so of being in an utter writer's block, so I'm not complaining.

So is it a cpu issue or no?

I doubt it's an overheating issue or something, it's *WHAM* immediately on start up, I can go out and play Dark Souls 3 or something just fine at 60 fps for hours.

I have all the settings on lowest possible, no anti-aliasing, tried both with and without v-sync, tried at high and low rendering (with/without TAA, basically) to no avail.

Literally doing anything makes the frames drop significantly.

not sure, we hardly use any of it.
I for one play defensively like Im supposed to.
parry, grab, side heavy, shove,long arm, light attack.
if it connects and someone doesnt know how to dodge the long arm, then I can easily dish out decent damage and take out a fuckton if not all of my opponents stamina which just makes doing more damage all the more easier if you feint into grab or parry if they fall for it like a nigger going for a white kid named bait

How long until /deadgame/?

I want to say two months.

>Boy, I sure am having fun wrekcing everyone and everything with my Lawbringer
>Who's next
>Hm, a warden?
>parries my first attack
>Oh god, it's one of THESE wardens
>feints like a fucking madman, parries everything I throw at him and always punishes, locks me into the 2hit->bash->2hit->bash combo until I wise up and then he starts canceling the bash into a guardbreak
>I can't gbc for shit, don't know why even though I can do it against bots just fine

>warden shits all over me

Fuck it, I'm taking up warden

Press the feint button, since you didn't know I'd advise you don't bother until you start getting better and fighting better players. It will only make you take damage at lower level play.

this

what is the point of low tier then if nothing is even below the middle mark

just a waste of space

shove is just stamina drain with no followups

yes, please list the SICK damage LB gets off a parry, because every hero in the game gets untechable GB > side heavy currently off of parries, LB is no exception

Enjoy the 200 mirror matches in a row

Conqueror master race

>get spooked
>feint
>???
>profit
if you fuck up on the feint just try the steps again from step one.

just long arm him or top tap when you see him charging the shoulder

right now
ded game ded thread ded general

If there isn't a major, game changing balance patch in the next week or two, 2 months is probably a safe bet. It's a shame, but high level is just reactions right now.

>sound of shield knocking down weebs and vikings
possibly better than sex

Here is what will happen, quote me on this:

>Game is a huge success for about the first month
>Eventually, Dominion gets boring for normies and plenty of people quit
>There is a core fanbase that sticks with the game
>You can always find 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4, but there aren't a whole lot of people
>Ubisoft, after about 5 or 6 months, completely overhauls the steel/currency system and basically copies RS6
>They offer a starter edition for $15, comes with 3 heroes, but they put restrictions on the others (perhaps some sort of free hero rotation, not like how it is now where you can play them, just not customize them).
>Game's community gets a surge and it ends up like RS6, with a lot of players but not anywhere close to Dota, LoL, CSGO, but that isn't necessary

>some Conq camp at the bridge trying to push people off
>dodge his shield bash and just Long arm him

If you want revenge on wardens learn orochi, you land a parry and it's your game from there. Conq is also great against warden but your games will take a really fucking long time.

On PC, how do I rebind guard break to L1? Since they made it near impossible to counter guard break since the open beta, I need it close to a finger instead of dragging my thumb all the way over to X from LB

>People say the Raider is shit
>People say the Warden is good

I dont understand this shit.
Warden is such a shit class.
Every single fucking class has Warden's moveset. The only unique warden moves are the top light parry, which is easy as fuck to avoid, an the shoulderbash, which isnt that big a deal, and multiple other classes have it.
The zone attack and top lights are pretty good too.
Overall though, Warden is a 1 dimensional hack. I think people only consider it good because its by far the easiest class in the game, so people are already skill ceiling Wardens.

And Raider? Raider has quite a few tools. Those stunning jabs are very useful tools. They beat so many moves, and lead into endless combo possibilities.

The cancelling into the light stunning jab? That move is fucking amazing. Very few people can block a feint right/left heavy into a that top light. Then they are stunned a vulnerable.

The guard break toss? Absolutely destroys in team fights, and is basically just a better opening than a plain guard break into attacks.

Plus hes got an unblockable.

Oh yeah and that axe has damn good range on it too.

Now reply to this why im wrong. Im waiting....

> mfw you knock weebs and neck beards down cliffs

Should I even care about all this meta stuff if I'm mostly gonna play Dominion?

>Watching old samurai movies
Almost makes me want to go samurai next time

Why is Peacekeeper so high after the nerf?

With the triple stab damage down to laughable numbers, she just seems like a worse orochi.

the game balance is looking pretty awful, so maybe 2 months

t. shitter

I only ever seem to see orochi and warlord right now.

>Lawbringer
>Most versatile

Maybe if his kit worked, but as it stands, he's got one single viable combo and is currently more one dimensional than any other character.

PSA: PUT YOUR COMPUTER/CONSOLE IN DMZ ON YOUR MODEM/ROUTER IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE MATCHMAKING.

So far the only people to DC on me are Samurai

>Overall though, Warden is a 1 dimensional hack.
Have you even played any other char ?

that small tap is enough to bring him out of it?
if this shit works user, I'll send you a black slave once they become ownable again