/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Chose the bad ending:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

a

b

c

The last thread didn't even hit bump limit, why did you make this one so early?

>passive-reactivity

please, from soft where?, add some shit in this game that allows for safe aggression

there was a method of safe aggression back in ds1 and it was called poisestabs
but as you can see majority of playerbase was too shit to handle it so they axed it

I was curious.
I already have a 120 character for pvp(I play him a lot) for my 2nd character i wanted to make a pyromancer would 150 be too high for active pvp? should I keep him 120 as well?

I meant to say SL 140 not SL 150.

Good one mate, I just started a pyro char as well 2 days ago. It seems to be the prevailing opinion that pyro should be 125-130, but i will be making 120 anyway, because who the fuck needs more hp in any way whatsoever.

>tfw you accidentally make a decent Geralt

I wasn't going 140 for extra hp. I for once wanted a little fashion on my character. it seems 140 can play with 120 characters anyway - so I guess I'll just try it out

I cant play dark souls 3 online for shit anymore, it used to be fine but now if i have the wifi plugged in the game starts stuttering 20 mins in, no such issues with wifi unplugged, it even does it in the other 2 DS games just not as often, this is driving me crazy.

Doesnt do it in other online games either, just something about dark souls that seems to make the wifi crash and overheat the pc until i close dark souls, i tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them but nothing, driving me nuts.

Wanna play Gwent?

ded gam

Reposting because some ass-bang made a new thread before the other one reached bump limit.

>trying DeS without online so I don't get white world tendency
>everything stunlocks me to death, mobs are insurmountable without kiting
>motherfucking tower knight takes off three quarters of my health bar with one attack

It's like an entirely different game without white tendency. I'm getting ass-fucked.

ded general

ded gem

Reminder that 2 updated with all the DLC is by far superior to the shitty gank fest that is sotfs

>walk past a bunch of beloved DS1 enemies piled in a shit swamp
>an endless stamina BB enemy runs up and spams leaps & grabs until can shove its dick in my mouth
poetic

Man, SotFS Drangleic Castle is such a clusterfuck. They even put the fucking Executioner Chariot horse in there.

Topkek
For what purpose

Too make it that tiny bit less bland by spicing up one of the previously giant, empty spaces. And also to guarantee that players actually get to see and fight the horse, as opposed to just cheesing the boss fight.

SotFS Iron Keep may actually be the worst designed area in a Souls game.

Should I get a ps4 JUST TO PLAY BB?????

Might as well grab Nioh too

If you have a lot of disposable income and optimism that it may get more good exclusives in the future, sure.

Do I even need to bother going fully offline (net totally disconnected) when doing CE stuff or is just not signing into the game at the main menu fine?

W-what is Nioh...

>tfw no non-shitty version of lothric footman armor for the player to wear

Best way to troll in PvP? I just want to be a dick to everyone

Weeb version of Souls

Just having steam in offline mode should be enough if you want to be extra safe. It might not actually make any difference compared to just having the game in offline mode though.

dont emote, interrupt theirs if you can, use something meta, chug, point down

I figured as much.

>necromancer

Nah.

>A Gray Giant who has existed since the Archdragon was found. The Giant used to be a judicator, working under the Gods.

Is there a recommended SL guide for DS1?

What should I +10 next? Already did estoc, washing pole,and profaned greatsword

stats are 30/30/10/10

huh, item swap doesn't auto fill the correct fields anymore?

Souls is the weeb version of souls, The similiarity between souls and nioh is that they both use stamina and you can roll. Similiarity ends there, if it wasnt riding the 'soulslike' hype no one would play it because apart from the fact that its *new* it has nothing going for it.

What's a good viable PvE/PvP weapon for a pyromancer build?

Would I be wasting too much points if I just put my STR and DEX up to 20 and 18 respectively so I could then use a Black Knight Sword?

Doesn't that mean he basically has to be Lloyd? Like, who else would this be?

Na, that chick with the broken egg is Lloyd dumbass, follow the lore you vaati wannabee

SL20 deprived
21 vig
15 end
12 str
12 dex

I have the FAP +2, life ring +3, havels +2, hunters ring and chloranthy +2

What weapon would you recommend for high wall invades? I can also get any resins, My brother can trade me them.

The Giant is clearly Velka.

The thing is that in order to poisestab, you have to wait for the enemy to swing, hit you as you tank the hit and bs them. That's not very aggressive and promotes passivity from the other party

I recommend you gas yourself for being a twink faggot

but when you have enough poise, you can just circle for backstabs and be safe in the knowledge that any attempt to stop you will end in a backstab mostly because any attempt to do anything in DaS1 ends in a backstab :^)

you can close to someone, tank his hit and get a backstab in
that was a universal way to deal with most reactive playstyles in ds1
honestly, only dwgr cb and spears were an exception

>Grey
>judicator
>lloyd means grey
>The head bishop of the Way of White is the
guardian of law and caste (according to white seance ring)
If it's not Lloyd, Fromsoft is basically fucking with us

Please make this true

>Giant miniboss drops "Soul of Velka"
>"Soul of Velka,"
>"One of the twisted souls, steeped in strength."
>"Use to acquire many souls, or transpose to extract its true strength."
>"Velka was a giant and a goddess of Sin"

>Bring soul to Lud
>"Velka's Arms"
>"Velka crushes sinners with her arms"

>mfw fucked over my life and lost my family for a pair of hulk gloves

>WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, SON

This pisses me off so much. The armor of those foot soldiers on the bridge to Lorian was way too stylish to be wasted on NPCs.

>still no Silver Knight Spear

Why?

>implying you can EVER be as cool as the npc's
first souls game?

But we had SKS back in the first Dark Souls.

I just don't understand why the spears aren't available as weapons in DaS 3.

It's the new character introduced in this DLC alongside Gwyns new youngest daughter, Bigbrother Floyd, no relation to Lloyd.

about to try a magic build for the first time in 3 what am I in for?

Don't forget the Zelka, goddess of virtue, who will no doubt play a super important role in TRC.

3 hours of playing as a knight before you actually cast spells for damage
kek

nevermind i'm just gonna play a knight

Boyd the Fray Giant and Melka, Goddess of Tin

Seemed like the player could access a version of the armor of nearly everything that walked the earth in DaS2.

>no lightning unzip attacks with blacksteel
>no giant hammer from the green dudes in harvest valley

FROM don't develop with the english language in mind. Subtle wordplay like that is highly unlikely to actually be a thing.

Even the crappy Prowling Magus that shows up two times in the entire game dropped it's helmet. The only cool thing you couldn't get was the Ironclad's hammer.

you will be shocked at how bad you steamroll things

straightswords demolish everything

Sure.

You'll probably get way more than $300 worth of entertainment out of BB alone.

Doubt it. They use lots of welsh names, like Gwyn, Ciaran and Gough. Come to think of it, all of these are associated with color

>Gough

Best NPC.

He also wears something that highly resembles monk robes.
And his power is certainly astonishing as he can raise an entire ghost army which would go nicely with the fact that he's supposed to be related to Gwyn.

Second. I wish they'd bring his armor and bow back. Made a Gough Build w/Large Club. One of my favorites from DaS1

I always wanted that bear skins outfit.

I love how the Boar helmet went well with his chest piece and Havels for legs and hands.

DS1/3 giants are some of the coolest characters in the game.
Gough is the single coolest DS1 npc, blacksmith giant and sniper giants are friendly and helpful and Yhorm may be a gimmick boss but he also has some of the hypest moments in the game if you bring Siegward to him.

Presumably Yhorm was also a pretty cool guy at some point

We already have millwood greatbow though which outclasses everything about gough's bow and nicely fits str builds.

He is.
He knows everyone in his hometown hated him behind his back but he still defended their city and eventually went and linked the fire for their sake.

Giants are too pure for this world.

Are sorcery focused builds viable at all in ds3?
I havent played in ages
last thing I remember was soul spears taking 2 slots each

Isn't Gough a god, not a giant?

Dude! Let me in! I'm a fairy! Don't you believe in fairies?

>cool civilizations get shitty kings who lead them to ruin (New Londo)
>shitty civilization got a GOAT king who basically shielded them as a lone vanguard because he was THAT strong and kind

So thinking of going 27/40/45 str/dex/faith with darkmoon blade and sacred oath. Are any of the other miracles worth using? Mainly pve but I dabble in pvp occasionally.

He even gave his weapons to his pal and the humans

So \v\ introduced me to this genre. I dont get the hype as a new player. Im dying every three minutes or so, getting frustrated... Anyway to reduce difficulty currently trying to find it in options.

>A helm crafted especially for the honorable Hawkeye Gough, only the eye holes were packed with tree resin by those who dismissed Gough as a brutish giant.

He was a giant and fell victim to the xenophobia towards the giants that is presented everywhere in souls games.

Post fashion, faggots.

define viable

if you mean: Can it do enough damage to be a threat? then yes

if you mean: Can hit anyone who have located their dodge button and has a semi stable connection?

then no

Sunlight Spear?
Lightning Stake?

You first

Your bait is too obvious lad.

>get to flamelurker
>each blow with my blessed mace does 100 damage max
>he slices off two thirds of my health bar with any attack
>hitting him requires being so close that his body burns me for a quarter of my health bar
>eventually get a decent rhythm going, he's about two thirds of the way dead
>starts pouncing
>the frame rate tanks so hard that my rolls aren't coming out in time
>you died xD

And then my PS3 went back into the attic. Are there still hipsters who claim that DeS was the best in the series, or have we all grown out of that phase?

Nothing is more fashionable than a dragon

Is there a way to get Pale Shade set and still achieve the Lord of Hollows ending ?

Seems you need to git gud.

What are some good Str Weapon?

sounds like you need to get your crutch in 1-1