How do you guys cope with knowing that people make your salary everyday not by some grand virtue...

How do you guys cope with knowing that people make your salary everyday not by some grand virtue, but dimply through fraud.

I'm honestly having a crisis. I can't tell if I should join them or give up. It's so easy, and so few get caught I see no reason not to commit fraud.

Can anyone help convince me to stay on the right path? Because I think I'm starting to veer off.

Maybe you should just kill yourself; and all your suffering will go away

try r9k

Because a basement dwelling autist would scare himself shitless at fraud attempt.

Christophe Rocancourt, wrote a book also.

What kind of fraud are you talking about?

Guys. You don't have to be "actual criminals to get rich. Fuck fraud. Get a 20k job. And fucking write a budget. And invest in what works. Oh shit God damn. Know ye not?

Learn more about actual successful people and don't mind the excuses you give for yourself.

You're a faggot, harry.

I don't focus on other people. I focus on how I can improve myself and improve my income.

Maybe is more suitable for you, blud.

>How do you guys cope
How is this something to "cope" with?
You spend your time obsessing over what other people earn? Like, you think about Bill Gates and get depressed?

do people like this actually exist? people who go on the internet and tell people to commit suicide? I kinda want those people to disappear forever, some serious fucked psychology going on with them

>It's so easy, and so few get caught I see no reason not to commit fraud.
if you believe that, go ahead.
bet your ass on it.

but I'd be willing to bet you're a moron and you'll fail at that too.

Its not about how much you make its about how you spend it. Invest in yourself, your tools, and go for quality over price.

All of these "how do you cope with criminals making more money than you" threads are made by the same guy, I think.

Honestly it doesn't bother me. Being a criminal is hard work and high risk comes with the territory, In a sense they earn what they steal.

I'm more upset by the salaries earned by politicians and CEOs to be honest. Fraudsters at least face repercussions when they fuck up

How do I join the dark side Veeky Forums?
Legally making money is hard and sucks.

>$20k job

t. Teenager

there's something worse than fraud: being a model instagrammer/celeb that gets 5 figures per post

What do you mean by fraud exactly?

actually was wondering this too.

Creditcard and other

Stay off social media. For real all people do on there is become depressed because it makes it seem as though everyone else has it easier than you. Trust me. Cut out social media and you will be happier.

It's not that.

I've been browsing Crime forums and people keep bragging about $30k a day.

It's fucked. I'm so jealous.

Kill yourself, you stupid nigger. U dnt blng hr.

Why don't you ask yourself why anyone earning that kind of money illegally would be talking about it on a public forum?
Seriously, what could they possibly gain?
That should tell you it's grade A bullshit.

>Why don't you ask yourself why anyone earning that kind of money illegally would be talking about it on a public forum?

It's definitely feasible, and even if THEY specifically aren't telling the truth (although they very well might be...), others most certainly are.

And it's even beyond that. I regularly read stores about crime - particularly cybercrime and fraud. And people make insane money.

And given the fact that a small percent of cases are ever actually persecuted, let alone sentenced. That only gives you an idea of how big this thing really is.

People are making MILLIONS through crime.

I just don't know man. I don't want to be a /r9k/ faggot, or be told to go there but please hear me out. It's just driving me nuts that people are making this money, and I'm not.

What makes me even more mad however, is that I could work hard MY ENTIRE LIFE. And then have my money stolen by these criminals - unsure if I'll get it back.

How can I live like this?

Knowing that my money I worked for 20 years+ to earn, could be stolen in a few hours by criminals?

Do you know what I mean? It's just really messing with my head right now. I can't stop thinking about it. Both these facts together make me mad.

Through individual instances I would agree that few get caught. As people commit crimes repeatedly the odds of them getting caught increases. If you want to get good at it, it might as well be a full time job. Then again I don't know what kind of fraud you are committing. Also I will say that most people who get caught are caught because of some other wrongdoing and not necessarily the fraud.

I work in the fraud investigation department for a major lender. We see crazy shit all the time and you're right a lot of the time the criminals get away with it. They usually end up in jail for something else or another.

It's a risky game and you're dumb if you don't have some sort of contingency plan for getting caught.

Wow, you didn't listen at all.
The people making money through fraud aren't the ones bragging on your "crime forums". That means whatever you're being led to believe is pure horseshit.
Why would the fact that there are a small percentage of people stealing money make you depressed or angry in the slightest?
And why in God's name would you think your lifetime savings could just magically be swiped? Is that something else they're "bragging" about?
Roleplaying.
A lot like the majority of Ferrari driving millionaire day traders on this board.

>We see crazy shit all the time and you're right a lot of the time the criminals get away with it. They usually end up in jail for something else or another.

Honestly this is what I've been thinking about.

1) Millions are lost to fraud, every single day in just about every country. Every. Single. Day.
Someone is making this money. It's going somewhere.

2) If you look up BIG Fraud arrests in your country, you're unlikely to find more than a small handful, let alone with significant sentencing (Much fraud gets a slap on the wrist most of the time).

So what the fuck?

>The people making money through fraud aren't the ones bragging on your "crime forums". That means whatever you're being led to believe is pure horseshit.

I understand. I'm just saying that was an example, it's besides the point. It's not so important, it's not close to the main idea of my post.

>Why would the fact that there are a small percentage of people stealing money make you depressed or angry in the slightest?
>And why in God's name would you think your lifetime savings could just magically be swiped? Is that something else they're "bragging" about?
>Roleplaying.

Please read my above reply to the other user.

>A lot like the majority of Ferrari driving millionaire day traders on this board.

Sure. ABSOLUTELY, many- fuck it. Most, FUCK IT, ALL of them are lying.

But it doesn't change the principle.

Authorities claim that Fraud is only growing, and growing and growing. BILLIONS are lost EACH YEAR. Billions! Fuck, even Trillions. There's more and more expected.

Sure fags are lying, but money is still being lost. And it's going somewhere. There's billions lost a year. Someone is making those billions. Where is it going?

Basically. I look at it this way as well.

As I said. Billions are lost per year, few get arrested, sentenced and serve much time in prison. Very, very few.

So then. It makes me beg the question in my mind.

When i see a criminal get busted for massive fraud - making millions. It gives me TWO questions.

1) How long was he a criminal for, before getting busted? If he was in crime for 10 years, and he got busted with making $2 million in 3 months. What about the other 117 months of crime? How much did he fucking make.

2) How many more people are out there like this who just aren't caught?

It's driving me nuts.

I can't decide what to do. Try to get some of this marketshare, or what.

Sorry guys. Sorry if I'm blogging/ranting a lot. It's just something that's been on my mind.

Please set me straight and fix my brain.

>ALL of them are lying
Well, not all.
I happen to be a Ferrari driving millionaire day trader myself.
But that aside, you shouldn't confuse the fact that billions disappears due to fraud with the notion that it's somehow feasible for you to engage in it, or that your somehow at risk for being a victim of it.
Those things are not equivalent.
I'll give you an example.
Recently, the IRS uncovered a huge scheme by which people were calling rubes demanding fictitious tax money. They were making millions. Guess what happened to those people?
They all went to jail.
And do you really think you were at risk for being a victim of this scam?
Please say no.
So there you are:
>Multi-Million dollar scam
>Not feasible for you
>Not something you're at risk for

>or that your somehow at risk for being a victim of it.

Why not?

Brokerage accounts are not particularly difficult to hack into, theoretically. In fact it's happened already, to quite a few people.

And Brokerage accounts are not protected the same way as Personal bank accounts are. So what HAPPENS TO MY MONEY???

Hell, even Business bank accounts aren't protected.

>And do you really think you were at risk for being a victim of this scam?

Look.

I understand nigerian prince and Indian callcenter scams. I'm not speaking on that.

But there's something bigger of a problem. Malware. Hacking. BANKS are falling victim to it, Banks are losing billions of dollars as a direct result of malware infecting either their systems, or fraudulent transfers from this malware.

And the biggest problem is how difficult it is to track it down, prosecute and actually get money back. Jurisdiction and other geopolitical issues.

A hacker in Russia or China doesn't give a fuck even if they identify him, because nothing happens. He can literally commit fraud with his real name and picture and sleep easy.

So how do we stop this? What can we do?

THAT IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Malware and such fraud is only expected to grow, and grow and grow. It's already been growing. It's reaching Epidemic levels.

To be more down to earth.

Business accounts have gotten hacked and either massive transfers or completely emptying has occurred.

That's FUCKED. If you're a small business and you suffer a million dollar loss (This is not uncommon), you're practically bankrupt, have to shut down and you lost your fortune.

I can't imagine this happening. I don't know what I'd do.

>Sleeping nicely after working on my business for 15 years
>Worth $3.5 million, very happy with my success I've poured many years and sweat, and blood into
>MY business was targetted by Russians/Chinese criminals
>Fraudulent transaction occurs, a mere $2.5million to a Chinese bank account
>Just lost 80% of my networth in 5 seconds

What are we suppose to do?

The sad thing is that this has happened to people. It's not a made up story.

Well, I guess you could accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. That seems to be the only way you'll be protected.
In the meantime, good luck with your fraud scheme, whichever one you settle on.
Maybe we can race cars at some point.

So are you just conceding?

Do you understand what i'm talking about? do you see why I have all these thoughts now?

I wouldn't be so dismissive of good old JC, if I were you.
Many of the most powerful minds in recent history were very devout men.
Of course, if you go the fraud route, I don't think he'll be willing to help you out.
It's a tough call, to be sure.

which 'crime forums' do you browse?

how do they commit cc fraud? do they lay it out in steps?

no what the fuck

Why would anyone lay out how they make money illegally?

These people need to go.

>believing shitposters
>ever
What website?

w-would shitposters really lie about how much they're making?

Everyone's committing some kinda fraud most corporate heads are doing it so are government employees.

Anyways can you guys think of any possible fraud by insurance employee in operations. Someone who's got access to all reports and data.

What do you consider BIG fraud? What do you consider a slap on the wrist?

I would agree that with most white collar crimes the penalty is pretty light. If we are talking about ID theft though, depending on the dollar amount you've run up and how many ID's you have stolen the penalty can run up.

I can't speak from the point of view of a credit cars lender, but in the auto lending industry most of our fraud comes from document forgery either perpetrated by the dealership or by the customer and the dealership carelessly lets it happen. Usually the only penalty the dealer suffers from us is we ask them to buy back the loan.

There are more sinister types of fraud that we see though. We have seen crime rings using forged identities to fraudulently obtain financing for hundreds of thousand of dollars in cars. A lot of the time people from the ring will get arrested but the penalty for this is pretty light. The big problem for us is that it's treated as a financial crime or as an identity theft and not as grand theft auto which would result in a much higher penalty.

People do get caught though, pretty often. I think part of the reason is that most fraudsters are just catch all criminals who eventually get caught doing something stupid and then the rest of their crimes catch up to them. There are some people who all they do is fraud and it's still pretty tough. More financiers and banks are willing to work with law enforcement these days and anti fraud tools such as Lexis Nexis are becoming pretty popular in the lending industry. The major credit bureaus are also jumping on this ship.

The scary part to me is that you have all these lenders and credit rating agencies moving towards measures that result in your information being shared across several private companies.

>What do you consider BIG fraud?

Millions profit.

>What do you consider a slap on the wrist?

Anything under 5 years minimum security.

>People do get caught though, pretty often.

Compared to the amount that happens, not nearly enough.

It's actually startling how common fraud is, and only expected to grow and get worse by 2021.

>I regularly read stores about crime - particularly cybercrime and fraud.

Where?

give more ideas

There's no shortage of edgy teenagers and sociopaths. Also
>it doesn't mean anything if I can't see or hear them

Spent 2 months in jail with an 18 year old kid who was sentenced to 9 years prison (serving it in jail because of prop 1170h in california) for stealing under a million dollars in profits off stolen credit cards. Fraud aint worth it.

Interesting.

In my country numerous cases over 2-3 million got about 2 - 3 years.

Yeah, he was a first time offender, young Muslim kid (which may have played into his sentencing). He was initially given 14 years, but took a plea for 9 years served in county jail with half time (meaning he serves 4.5 years in custody and then released on probation). Honestly after doing 60 days in jail, nothing is worth going back. I'd rather make money the legit way even though I made excellent money selling drugs in the past.

That's ridiculous, multiple people who stole many many millions got less or equal amounts of time.

So does anyone know what fraud schemes have the best success rate