Eve Online general /eog/

Hangar queens edition

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed) (embed)

Future:
>The Guardian's Gala 14-28 Feb
>Citadel Insurance! (Feb)

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

join pupper

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/L6ZRUxnM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw unironically want to try mining and industry

Mining no, industry yes

Not much point in mining these days; unless you might have access to nullsec ore.

Now that they changed refining, a lot of it goes to waste during processing.

what battleship is best for babby's first battleship (skill wise)?

Vexor

>try to login after long time to train skills
>stuck at character screen, not text, only one character is shown, cant click anything

Great

Worm

Kick PLA now, jesus christ.

Well i might get invited into some null operated corporation where i can mine...or not, depends if the guy who i messaged is okay with being memed or not. Too bad i have barelly any skills in industry (and it takes a lot of time to learn it right?).

T-thanks
I just wanted to try on something bigger

>all that nigmatar

Do you mean pvp or pve? If pve and you like me just want to fly "a real big thing" then...i mean pretty much all of them are fine: raven, maelstorm, apoc, megathron\hyperion (domi if you want to be afk) are all good enough choices.

I was always wondering:

Do wormholers (wh corps) never leave w-space?
Or do they all have alts inside to roll entrances for main?

I can't imagine people rolling entrances for other people "on demand", and never leaving w-space sounds autistic as fuck.

Which one is it?

I bet they live in them all the time except for freighter hauling in and out and only leave if someone decides to war them to take over WH.

They'll often look for fun in kspace because whspace is largely dead. In particular, a lot of groups are gravitating toward nullsec statics so they can have their fun there. Usual order of business is to come into kspace and dick around for a few hours and then just come home via the same connection, so nobody needs to roll to eachother connections. That said, people sometimes log in kspace so you do them the courtesy of getting an entrance for them. Of course, anybody who isn't shit will have their own backup scanning alts in their home too.

Figured that was the case.

Thanks user.

>Added missing Hecate SKIN to the Guardian's Gala loot drops.

>just as I sold my gala ship
Fuck it. I'll buy it off the market. 35m should be enough nearing the end of event, right?

Give me a good Naga fit

>good
>naga
pick one

What sort of ships are good for running these new sites? Is it the usual Gila sort of sites?

Machariel.

Maelstrom into Machariel

Getting into industry doesn't take a lot SP. You can train a basic research and production alt in a couple days and start producing rigs.

Can I fit blasters?

Drones and missiles are awful for this. Fly some blaster or projectile ship with a web and maybe a sensor booster or two.

this, polarized AC Machariel with hyperspacials worked pretty well when I was farming gala sites yesterday.

If I picked a good ship and asked for a good fit it wouldn't be a challenge

Maybe you can, post it here if you do it.

Just use any cruiser+ ship, should be fine. I never saw any site myself but people say it's easy as fuck and you can do them on any class of ship so all you want is maximum damage with maximum warp speed, mach is better than others at this.

Link your mach fit plox

assault frig worth it if I live in a nullblob?

That actually sounds like a good plan. Report back on success.

pastebin.com/L6ZRUxnM

How much dps is this thing?

Ty

1450ish unheated. A normal PVP setup would probably do fine too. Most people I ran into were flying HML Tengus or random drone boats. Warp to site at 50, pop frigs, approach bunker for 1-2 MWD cycles while you kill the cruisers then fly towards the BC and loot.

I suppose everyone would call you a shitter for asking too.

Can always join Horde desu

>Izana
>Tsugumori

I like you.

is a destroyer workable with gala sites

>needing a special mach fit to run event sites

why are highsec fags so retarded

Not that user but I did it in an Algos.
Won't recommend - low dps makes it last longer than it should and everyone will steal the BC kill from you.

It's doable if you can't fly anything else, but if you can - do it in a cruiser.

I did one in a thrasher on an alpha character. It took a little while though.

>can't afford a cheap as fuck t2 fit
How is your null pvp going? Need some money for a shutle?

I'll try it with a Hecate

>strat paps

>in alliance without strat paps
>alliance chat is just freeloading shitters being smug about freeloading
>join fleets and no one ever notices

>in a really big alliance, but I only ever play with my small group of friends doing small gang shit
feels good man. Hopefully SRP is back soon.

Sounds good to me.

>highsec
>isk

choose one

>he doesn't know

>scan down a wormhole
>immediately warp there
>it's not there
>the scan list still shows it should be there
>there wasn't anyone in local the entire time
This happens to me all the fucking time. Why.

the sig disappears maybe 20 seconds after the wormhole

you can also land on grid with a wormhole and press jump, and then be told that it doesn't exist, because that can disappear a little delayed too

Is the signature on grid, literally 500m away and you can approach it?
If yes - the site hasn't spawned yet due to lag. Warp out, wait a while and warp back in.

You got cucked by WINGSPAN. They camp holes that are close to hitting mass limit, wait until someone warps in and collapse it before you land. Then they cloak and make fun of you.

>tfw got so annoyed by exploration so just jump from gate to gate in nulls
>exit is ofc camped
>could have exited it very easily but decided "im just gonna leave nulls either way, fuck this"
>lost ship, but i think guy decided leave my pod (and my 500m implants in it)
It's alright, fuck exploration. I'd extract it but i don't care that much...although it IS month+ of SP...

>cnr

search zkillboard my man

cuckspan are literally brain dead, if you get cucked by them it's your fault

>attack battlecruisers
>2017

enjoy doing less dps than combat battlecruisers and with less tank, no tracking and no mjd

oracle works well though

>i have no idea what im talking about: the post

>m-muh scorch!

>Suicide ganking in a hurricane

>Suicide ganking

>open eveboard
>open all my characters
>yep, skills are still training
Make it faster reee.

Attack battlecruiser s do more damage though

>oracle is the only ABC

Hyperion, Dominic, maelstrom, raven

Why aren't you using EVEMon?

so

>any of them

can't use evemon at work, and besides i have like 40+ skills at all times, im not sure why i even check it.

But if no one mines, where will everyone get the ore for industy?

Human's don't mine, only bots and chinese.

you are subbed right?
eveboard will show you as still training even if tou ran out of time

>subbed
nobody is subbed

I think you're just no very good at it user

you know what I mean

w-what?
I-I am....

What do you even mean by this?

listen bud I made enough money in month to get plex and 2 skill injectors by exploring and I'm not even a vet, I literally started playing last month. AND I had time to join a low sec corp and roam around killing stuff and exploding. No, I don't play 24/7. You are just incompetent. I bet you never achieved anything worthwhile in your life and thought you can do something in Eve, but this game won't just handle everything to you on a silver platter like WoW. If you don't even enjoy this game why are you trying to play it? Nothing will change if you get a BS or a carrier. Just leave and go fap and cry yourself to sleep. All the possibilities to do something with your life are gone. You will not find redemption in this game. Accept you are a failure and continue leeching. Or admit you lost at life and kill yourself, this would would be better without you.

That actually sounds like a good plan. Report back on success.

The main reason why people get fed up with exploration is because they don't know where to look, end up going to either depleted nullsec like stain or wormholes with highsec connections, decide that because they aren't getting shit that must mean exploration is shit, and leave.

It's fine with me by the way. Please don't explore, go do your ratting or something.

Yea i will go to ratting cos explorations sucks because it's so rare that you actually do something. Im sure that me constantly jumping through nulls for 4 days 4hours a day and getting 70m is perfectly fine amount of money and i just needed to wait untill i get lucky and get 5 billions from a single container.

>don't know where to look
:meme seal of approval:

>Tfw comfy as fuck null region in sansha space

>Wake up at 1pm
>"Lets do a little explo"
>Clear out some pockets, seems like it's been a while since someone has been here
>645m in cargo
>Check time 5pm

This isn't the norm, but it really isn't that hard to make 80m+/h doing exploration.

>people still fall for exploration meme

That's not what proper exploration looks like. Proper exploration is where you only fit a relic analyzer and go to the area where you know you'll definitely find at least one or two relic sites on average per system.

If you're not willing to *explore* and find such an area, then that's just better for me. Have fun ratting.

>sites spawn randomly everywhere
>people jump and explore everywhere
>"just go in a system where you know you will get 200m from single site, it's not that difficult"

>I can't do it so others can't too

First line is right. Second isn't. You're welcome.

I don't even mind telling you this because you're too stubborn to become my competition.

>200m from a single site
No such system, it's random, and I never count on it. When it happens I could say that my isk/h is much higher than the regular 70m or so, but that would be dishonest.

>run 4/10
>takes 5 minutes
>make 300 mil

You forgot to mention that makes it 6 bil / hour :^)

and it's free isk

Only if you fly >Amarr battleship with afterburner and 2 cap rechargers.

>paying for ammo

Then it makes infinite isk/h

That's right

Every time you shoot a laser? You just made infinite virtual isk and then wasted it when the laser fired you moron why did you do that

Is there a lore reason that explains how civilian weapons have infinite ammo?

Yes. A capsuleer can afford to squeeze infinite civilians into the weapon feed.

The description panel of "Show info".

Doesn't it say in the description that it uses particles from space around the ship?