Why are women allowed to vote without being subject to the draft?

Why are women allowed to vote without being subject to the draft?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/06/15/us/politics/congress-women-military-draft.html?_r=0
snopes.com/2016/06/29/women-must-register-for-the-draft/
congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2943/text
youtu.be/zRlfbUr852o
sss.gov/Registration/Women-And-Draft
rollcall.com/news/politics/house-adopts-measure-preclude-women-draft-registration
sys.Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>t his m0m wrote his speaches

I thought she was dead

They are in my country

We have no draft right now though, in the case that draft will be re-introduced woman are going to be drafted

Why would those things be related?

Are you in the US?

Cuz guess what...

Why is there a draft in the first place

also no one should vote

What?

Double standard, bearing arms in defense of the state is a core tenet of democracy

They have other ways of contributing to the war effort in the event of a draft. They can be milked

>bearing arms in defense of the state is a core tenet of democracy

What are you basing that on?

They aren't very good at combat

Democracy all the way from Athens???I thought women wanted equal rights?

Equality under the law doesn't mean that they're good at combat

>the military is just combat roles

inb4 pretending to be retarded

Wanting equal rights & opportunities is not the same as wanting equal duties & responsibilities.
Yes, it's total hypocrisy.

>mfw they removed obligatory draft only a couple of years before it was my turn

they are in Israel

>Democracy all the way from Athens???

But that's not correct. No modern democracy uses that principle or ever has.

you mean defending the ruling class

Because ERA was shot down. That's why you have all this post-ERA ass backwards gender identity politics. Most of the complaints about feminism is unfair to males can be attributed to post-ERA feminism.

They did. Conservative women were able to shut down ERA in the 70's though.

>No modern
Define "modern" because this was literally a point of contention during the suffragettes hullabaloo

>this was literally a point of contention during the suffragettes hullabaloo

People came up with all sorts of shit to try to prevent universal suffrage, doesn't mean it mattered or made any sense. The vote has never been contingent on the draft. In fact we (the U.S.) didn't even have a draft until the Civil War.

>Why would those things be related?
As expected of a board that demonizes Rousseau without ever having read his works.

Not him, but most democratic nations probably have some laws tucked in about being obligated to defend the state

My country at least.

Women ARE subject to the draft in the US.

Women have had to sign up for selective service since April.

nytimes.com/2016/06/15/us/politics/congress-women-military-draft.html?_r=0

(It's like this happened and no one noticed.)

Like which? Certainly not the United States.

Certainly the United States.

That 2nd amendment works both ways, and there's already a draft system in place that can be reactivated anytime.

snopes.com/2016/06/29/women-must-register-for-the-draft/

Hi Anita

>That 2nd amendment works both ways,

What?

>and there's already a draft system in place that can be reactivated anytime.

Which, again, is not related to suffrage. Many people still consider it unconstitutional.

Well, for example my country:

"Chapter 12 - National defence
Section 127 - National defence obligation
Every Finnish citizen is obligated to participate or assist in national defence, as provided by an Act. Provisions on the right to exemption, on grounds of conscience, from participation in military national defence are laid down by an Act."

I'm sure other people on Veeky Forums can just look up their constitutions and report

>oh how low society has fallen that I can see tits.

Why would you want to draft women?

That's dated...

>Even if the provision requiring women to register remains in the reconciled version, that bill still must be approved by the full House and signed by the President.
It did, it was, and it does. Women must register for selective service, thus women are subject to the draft, should we ever have one again.

congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2943/text
^ That's the law.

Yes because modern women are akin to those who lived in Minoan society.

Have you seen the pic in OP or did that go over your head?

The militia is there for the security of the state, and maybe called upon to defend it.

>Many people still consider it unconstitutional.
Doesn't much matter what people do or don't consider unconstitutional, SCOTUS already ruled on that. So, until you can find some justification to get them to undo that ruling, it's constitutional as fuck.

It would be okay if female breasts had stoped to be considered sexual, but that didn't happen.

The Fuhrer on Women

youtu.be/zRlfbUr852o

>there's nothing wrong with being a slut ok my body my rules shitlord

For now

Cause your country is a shitolle

There are more than enough ways through which states apply coercion or authority to women that justify giving them the right to vote. Very simple example: taxes. If you pay taxes in country X, you should be able to have a say in what happens with that money. Therefore you should get to vote your representatives in like everybody else.
If democratic control in western societies was fine-grained enough that citizens get to decide on what the state actually does in regards to certain domains, we _could_ start thinking about whether questions of military affairs should only be voted on by those that are affected by them, namely men (depending on the affair at hand). But we are not that far.

Also, obviously we should have a system in which nobody is forced to fight for their state, but as long as we don't, everybody should be subject to doing service.

modern (anything involving states in the modern sense, which have only existed for ~200 years) so called democracies have nothing to do with Democracy as practiced in Athens. Anybody can easily check themselves by looking up how that system worked, and knowing rudimentary properties of modern governance, and noting the differences.

Can't have sexual affairs enter the public space, eh?

>The militia is there for the security of the state, and maybe called upon to defend it.

That is not part of the second amendment, sorry. I don't need to join a militia to own a gun, let alone a federally controlled one.

>Doesn't much matter what people do or don't consider unconstitutional, SCOTUS already ruled on that. So, until you can find some justification to get them to undo that ruling, it's constitutional as fuck.

Ok, so is women's suffrage. Glad we cleared that up.

>white knighting

>draft

We have two giant oceans protecting us, not exactly worried about Canada or Mexico invading.

They shouldn't in my opinion, although I'm not motivated by ethic codes but egoistic preferences in sex and love. In my opinion the less public sex is, the more intimate it gets and therefore it's also both more beautiful and more arousing. Even those who enjoy exhibicionism do it basing their sexuality on that, by playing to ignore this establishment.

But thats like, you know, my opinion.

And even then the draft never applied to the infirm or elderly either.

They are subject to the draft in the US now I believe

/pol/ pls go and stay go

>stating the law is "white knighting"

(You)

good point. Only Men should be allowed to vote.

You already joined one, by being born a US citizen.

Good, thats legit equality.

It's hard to believe you could not realize how stupid that sentence is.

The militia is made up of all the citizens of the United States - welcome to Jeffersonianism 101.

Sure, unless you know what a militia is.

No, but arguing that cunts should enjoy equal rights without equal responsibilities is

women already are subject to the draft in the U.S. No one is arguing that they shouldn't be and it really doesn't matter because the draft isn't going to actually be used anytime in the foreseeable future

Well, here in the states, we legally redefined "militia" to mean "everybody", in the same way we legally reclassified "tomato" as a "vegetable". Because, in the end, reality is, at best, a nuisance for most Americans.

No

sss.gov/Registration/Women-And-Draft

>Why are women allowed to vote without being subject to the draft?
But they are?

Liar.

rollcall.com/news/politics/house-adopts-measure-preclude-women-draft-registration

Furthermore, Obama hasn't signed it.

>is is law

Notice something about my picture

>not passed by House or signed by president

^ That's the law.

*winks*

Dumbass

Athens.

But they are not.

The Senate doesn't solely determine the law in America.

>women already are subject to the draft in the U.S.

>militia is there for the security of the state

no

the militia is there for the security of the people from any possible state agression.

>this monkey thinks the senate is the sole arbiter of laws in the US

>all the citizens of the United States

You mean all male citizens capable of bearing arms between 18 and 50.

>the militia is there for the security of the people from any possible state agression.
[citation needed]

Gonna need a source

the 2nd Amendment outlines the means by which the peoples right to overthrow a tyrannical government may see fruition.

>All the claims in this thread

Why does it matter? Who would run things while the men are out fighting if not for women? Who would produce the arms and keep infrastructure going? If a mandated draft took men and women who would keep the country working? Keeping women in reserve is a contingency plan so you don't lose an entire generation and someone has to keep the lights on. Both of these things are important. If there ever was a female draft it should be to go work in a munitions plant, or take up some other wartime job for a time. You don't need to be dying in some foxhole to be important to a war effort, or for voting rights. Men and women are good at different things and both are equally needed to keep a healthy society running in the modern era.

gee I wonder what recent event could have inspired the drafters of the constitution to include such an amendment?

Perhaps it had something to do with a group of free men formed up in militias and regular corps attempting to drive off what they saw as international despotism by means of the gratuitous and risky violence made possible by their arms, of which they had the inalienable right to bear.

most tolerable person on this thread

Equal rights, equal responsibilities. Women rebelled against "separate spheres" so they can get the full fruits of equality.

Samefag

they don't want equal rights, they have no reason to because everybody already has those rights

VOTING IS NOT A RIGHT

they just want the privileges without the responsibility

prove it

Dated.

Here:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.congress.gov%2Fbill%2F114th-congress%2Fsenate-bill%2F2943%2Ftext

Women have been required to register for selective service, and thus subject to any draft, since June 2016.

Which, if you'd been paying any attention to the news, was kind of a big deal... But maybe these guys are Europoors or something.

Fucking retard, the house and senate have to reconcile the bill, no guaranteeing it passes. They are not as of this time required. Do you even understand how laws are made?

>Fucking retard, the house and senate have to reconcile the bill, no guaranteeing it passes
Yeah, back in April, that was true.

It passed in June. It's now law.

Your own link says they haven't reconciled it yet- they've just told the house that the senate passed it. Furthermore show me the day Obama signed it into law. Finally:

Your own fucking link says it is not yet a law in your retard proof graphic.

I really hope you're trolling