Is there any good movies on the Eastern front...

Is there any good movies on the Eastern front? The fighting seems far more intriguing than the fighting on the Western front.

Other urls found in this thread:

baka-hq.org/gazette/enemy.html
militaryeducation.org/10-deadliest-snipers-of-world-war-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=KOwxUZwUz7Y&list=PLR46xdU9ryPE4IW6T8Hbp3KhipuocIEvK&index=10
imdb.com/title/tt0098437/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stalingrad (1993 or thereabouts) is okay.

Come and See is a bit heavy and "artsy" (like, not a usual "war movie") but pretty powerful.

Enemy at the Gates is a fun watch but a bit of an abomination when it comes to history.

Stalingrad (the new one) is a weird one, it is fun but it is a cgi-heavy "unrealistic" movie, a bit like a prolonged video game cutscene.

Ahh thanks I'll check them out!

>Enemy at the Gates is a fun watch but a bit of an abomination when it comes to history.
how so? its one of my families classics (fathers side)

> is a fictionalized account of the true story of Vasilii Zaitsev, a Soviet sniper who won fame during the battle of Stalingrad. The action in the movie revolves around the duel between Zaitsev and a German sniper sent out to eliminate him. In the process the director uses the battle of Stalingrad to illustrate the horrors of the Nazi-Soviet conflict primarily from the view of the Soviet soldier which of itself is a useful corrective to the overwhelmingly German perspective of the Russo-German conflict in both film and print.
baka-hq.org/gazette/enemy.html

militaryeducation.org/10-deadliest-snipers-of-world-war-2/
>The highly skilled sharpshooters known as snipers (a term that originated in British India to describe hunters able to pick off the elusive “snipe” bird) became vitally important during the Second World War. Fighting on the Eastern Front, the Soviets, in particular, were expert marksmen — and noticeably dominate the following list.
>The Soviet Union was the only country that had expressly trained sniper units in the decade leading up to the World War Two, and their superiority (with the obvious exception of the top-ranked sniper on this list) is clearly displayed by the numbers beside the names of its marksmen. Expert sharpshooters such as Vasily Zaytsev — who reputedly killed 225 soldiers during the Battle of Stalingrad — proved beyond all doubt their immense value to their military forces during the war. In the aftermath, their importance was never to be underestimated.
>255 kills, half of the top 10 from wwii

still, its a good story
and the sex is hot

looks like the eastern front was dominated by these super soldiers amongst the millions of cannon fodder ussr tactics, torn hitler to shreds

Only old men are going to battle
The Liberation (Ocвoбoждeниe) series
Four tankers and the dog (about polish troops with soviet equipment)
17 moments of spring
The first two are good, others are shit

Ivanovo detstvo

Voskhozhdeniye (The Ascent) has incredible cinematography.

Also Ivan's Childhood, The Cranes are Flying, and The Dawns are Quiet Here

Brest Fortress

Ivan's Childhood is set during WWI if I recall correctly

You recall it incorrectly.

Its the long movie by Tarkovski. With kid in Red army.

I checked and I was indeed wrong.
Sorry about that.

Dutch version of Stalingrad except for the stupid bit with the raping of the Russian prisioner

Is Come and See good, or worthy of its criticisms.

I guess those two things aren't dependent, but you know what I mean.

The Ballad of a Soldier is a classic that's definitely worth a watch, but it doesn't focus on the battles at all, but rather the life of a soldier during the war and what comes with it.

Day/k/are

>tfw there will never be a hollywood produced movie about the front where millions of people got thrown into a meat grinder

Shame, all the atrocities would make for a great emotional roller coaster

Stalingrad: Dogs, Do You Want to Live Forever? 1959
Way better than the 1993 and 2013 ones. For its production it used real disabled war veterans.

sovietmoviesonline.com/en/drama/76-oni-srazhalis-za-rodinu.html

Cross of Iron. Sam Peckinpah's take on the German retreat in the East

not intriguing... just a lot more crazy...

This one is a great watch

Because people think that it's a valid historical documentary and then go spouting the >soviets using human wave tactics where only half of them have a gun maymays

Unsere Mütter unsere Väter is a great trilogy I think.

Cross of Iron (1977)
Follows a German infantry platoon on the eastern front. American movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=KOwxUZwUz7Y&list=PLR46xdU9ryPE4IW6T8Hbp3KhipuocIEvK&index=10

imdb.com/title/tt0098437/

that was quite good

Most Soviet movies are utter shit. Very few of them are not retarded propaganda.

inb4 /pol/tard

Got any interesting propaganda movies then?

battle scenes are excelent tough