If we saw a return to monarchy, who would the royal family be...

If we saw a return to monarchy, who would the royal family be? I'd imagine most european countries still have their royal familes(except for germany didn't the willhelms all get btfo) lying around somewhere being useless

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=19NtWsyt05w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd be king

you can be the queen :)

>we
>return
who?

aww thanks user >:3

The United States

Who would a hypothetical royal family be?

Though nothing will drive them away

>everyone here is american

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we're in this together now

>If we saw a return to monarchy, who would the royal family be?

The house of Zhu shall be the rightful emperors of China once again.

Are there any relatives of Norton I?

Whoever would win the civil war that resulted. Probably the Bush family.

I love those boots

>tfw you will never be ruling class
what's the point of living?

>you will never be a lizard

feels good man

>you will never help a cute Veeky Forumsboy rule america

Why even live?

Ignoring the "we" ambiguity and talking about the United States, idk what makes you think there would be a dissolution of the Constitution without some kind of struggle for power (i.e. war).

>elitist bullshit on an anonymous imageboard
Embarrassing.

The emporer of California raised to position of tsar of th e u.s

Romanovs live there so they could be invited to be the monarch

The noble house of Schwarzeneger should rule the USA.

Sod off
I will be czar ruling alone

Traditionally, Chinks didn't value royal houses that much and rule of China is basically down to who is the stronkest.

>Veeky Forumsboy
is that our official demonym?

>Between the time when the oceans drank New Orleans and the rise of the sons of Obama, there was an age undreamed of.
>And unto this, Arnold! Destined to wear the jeweled crown of California upon a troubled brow.

The only way a monarchical institution could really return is some fucked up, civilization destroying apocalypse happens.

But then again, theocracies and military governments have a better chance showing up after such events than meme "hey this one family is special."

youtube.com/watch?v=19NtWsyt05w

>ywn live in a post apocalyptic America where various tribes base their society on remnants of pop culture

Isnt there like a novel based on that concept?

The Waltons or Rockefellers.

Fallout

game, but still

no
we're Veeky Forumstorians obviously

That's kind of boring

Assuming USA, it'd be whoever won the civil war and took lead in a Napoleon type fashion. The only "claimant" could be the British royal family but I don't see that happening.

Don't listen to him, we're Veeky Forumsterical

Romania has living monarch who used to rule it before commies told him to btfo. He isn't there but there is a possibility for him to go back.
Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece and Albania are in similar situations - it's just that the current heir to the throne never ruled anything other than his family.
German Hohenzollers are still running, there's also a cousin line for Romanovs, so Germany and Russia also can do it, Spanish Burbons are alive and well, Habsburgs theoretically exist too but it's totally different line than the Franz-Wilhelm one that died out.
Wettins theoretically have claim to Polish and Lithuanian crowns given to them by Constitution of 1791 and Napoleon Bonaparte.

And so on and so on.

The thing is that nobody really wants any of those. Outside of Romanians, maybe.

in all seriousness the British royal family

They practically already are already what with all the obsession they have with them and since they already been neutered America won't be scared of them.

The Bulgarian tsar became PM in the early 2000s, swearing on the new republic constitution, so fuck him in the ass.

What about outside of Europe. Like say Mexico? Is there a descendant of Moctezuma still out there?

Aztec Nobles allegedly distinguished themselves via "royal" deformities.

Popularly: if your pinky finger is as long as your index finger and both ring & middle fingers are level.

Apparently several "spanish" nobles claimed/claim imperial aztec heritage. Inca too. I don't know if they exisy today.

But Mexico (not the aztecs, not new spain) was ruled by Habsburgs for a short time.

Its highly probable because Spanish officers and elites in the colonies married local elites.

We can beat them, just for one day

>Duke of Moctezuma de Tultengo (Spanish: Duque de Moctezuma de Tultengo) is a hereditary title in the Spanish nobility held by a line of descendants of Emperor Moctezuma II, the ninth Tlatoani, or ruler, of Tenochtitlan. Since 1766 the title has been attached to a Grandeza de España, or a place in the Spanish peerage — the highest honor accorded to Spanish nobility (See also Mexican nobility).

The descendants of Moctezuma received a pension from the Mexican government till the XX Century.

>The current holder of the title is Juan José Marcilla de Teruel-Moctezuma y Valcárcel, 6th Duke of Moctezuma de Tultengo and 16th Marquis of Tenebrón who assumed the title and was regranted the qualification of de Tultengo (as the second Count of Moctezuma was in 1639) by Juan Carlos I of Spain in 1992.

I thought we were called Veeky Forumstrionics

And by the Iturbide.

>Count Maximilian von Götzen-Iturbide (born 1944) is the current head of the House of Habsburg-Itubride, and pretender to the ruling House of Mexico.

You now realize that the closest thing to an American royal family is the Bush family

The Bulgarian tsar was i think a PM once.
The Serbian claimant to the heir of the throne has started a petition just a week ago to have a referendum on Serbia becoming a monarchy. Tho he's pretty disliked, and even mocked, in Serbia for not being fluent in Serbian (he spent most of his life in the UK).

>not the clintons
>not the kenedys

The Bush family is the only modern family to have two presidents and a third was supposed to become the next Republican nominee. Before he failed to be an asshole

War of the five kings when?

Kek Brian Boru come bakk plz

That coat of arms is rad t.b.h.

>Before he failed to be an asshole
You are wrong.
You are absolutely so wrong.
You said what your special interests and lobbyists are talking. I only tell the truth - lobbyists - we've spent five trillion dollars over there we have to rebuild our country, we have to rebuild our infrastructure if we'll listen to you we're gonna be in for another 15 years.

The only one that makes any sense in the U.S. would be the royal family of Britain. France: Bonapartes, Austria: Habsburgs Germany: Hohzollerns, Russia: Romanovs.

Germany still has quite a few Hohenzollern heirs around, Georg Friedrich is the current prince of Prussia, pretty sure he held a position in the bundeswehr and is happy with the current form of governance in Germany, hopefully his kid will be more ambitious

even france still has a Louis Bourbon... you can't kill monarchies...

The Presleys