That moment when you're having a little spirited fun going 30 over the limit and you see a Ford taurus pull out of a...

That moment when you're having a little spirited fun going 30 over the limit and you see a Ford taurus pull out of a dark corner and turn the sirens on.

Ugh, first ticket ever. What do

Police here. Go to court (dress professional and be respectful), admit what you did if you did it, says it's your first ticket, ask for leniency and/or driving school. Good luck & don't speed lol

>not challenging the police to a toe-gay race and losing him on the hairpins thanks to your sick doriftos

Literally this. 30 over should require a court appearance anyway.

It appears as though I can just plead guilty online, pay the fine.

If I plead not guilty I will have to appear in court, and if found guilty, end up with an even bigger fine. I have no defense really.

I told him I was an RN and he didn't give a shit.

It was 28 over technically

You accept the consequences of your actions and learn from your mistakes.

Get traffic lawyer, xcopper or whatever, and pay them the $400 to deal with it, and they'll get you off with no points and/or no record and you'll have to "make a donation" to something

Any type of record even if it disappears over x years is still a record and will be held against you, 30 over is no joke, so go and get this resolved using the proper channels.

NEVER ADMIT ANY FAULT.

30over is bad man. we can't exercise much discretion that far over.

Do you have the option to go to court then plead guilty there? What you need is a judge taking his discretion, by you being a upstanding and remorseful first time speeder

AM I BEING DETAINED

This. If it was 9 over or something whatever take the 2 points and wait a year. But 30 over is probably at least 4 points. I've gotten out of probably a total of 20 points from using my lawyer over the years. If you're gonna be about the hoon life be prepared to pay or run.

The moment you pull someone over for never signaling, being allergic to the right lane, turning wide, being on their phone, or arrest someone for doing all these things while on the phone, I'll consider your input on my driving.

Until then, fuck yourself, pig.

Technically, if an officer does not notify you that you're being detained or arrested you don't have to ask said officer if you are and you can simply get back in your vehicle, and drive away without saying another word. But obviously this is unsafe, so always ask.

If an officer is unwilling to answer the question, simply inform the officer you'd like to speak with his supervisor, and if that's not possible that you'll be leaving the scene because you're not being told if you're being detained and read your rights.

Also helps to have copies of your states arrest/detainment laws in your vehicle.

Remember, you also don't have to answer any questions, if an officer is going to ticket you, all you do is wait for the ticket, and respond with "thank you for the ticket, have a great day, officer whatever" and be on your way. The less you deal with the police the better for your lawyer.

Even if it was 9 over, I still would go to the lawyer to get it resolved. Most of the time you're just paying for access to the Judge, that's why it's beneficial to just buy your way out. It's never worth having a record even if it was no points, because it will haunt you when you least expect it. Also, if they offer you something that sounds good and says "not a criminal record" do your research because to the court even if something is not a criminal record, a record still exists and if you're caught in the future, it will be used against you. Also, most records don't really disappear over 2 years or 1 year, they actually just disappear from the normal search database and become hidden, and when someone catches you next time they'll do a more thorough search and all of it will show up for like 25 years, or some long ass time. All your history is also shared when you cross state lines and get pulled over, or cross borders, and shit like that.

le fuck the system face DAE anarhcy?????

AM I BEING DETAINED

I NEED YOUR BADGE NUMBER

I NEED TO TALK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR

AM I BEING DETAINED
AM I BEING DETAINED
AM I BEING DETAINED
AM I BEING DETAINED

What can you POSSIBLY do to have a traffic ticket haunt you in the future? Who gives a shit about it? Future employers?

Remember folks, the Police are legally allowed to lie to their suspects to get the reaction they need to arrest and/or detain a suspect, so the best course of action upon the first question is, "I have nothing to say". If they continue to pester you, respond with "Am I being detained or am I free to go?" If they do not answer, inform them you're leaving, and will do so unless they detain you, and if they detain you, you will not be answering any questions without counsel present.

Never trust the Police, their job description includes lying to suspects to get what they need to arrest and/or detain.

A lot can happen. Having one criminal ticket even if it's a traffic ticket can show a history of "run ins with the law," "a disrespect for the laws of our society," "an untrustworthy individual who has a past of rule breaking and should not be given bail," etc.

It can also affect future employment if you ever decided to be employed as a driver, because insurance costs money and that's why all driver jobs require a clean driving abstract. Even jobs that don't necessarily drive often, Accounting for example, can require frequent driving to clients, and having a record if you're pulled over can ruin that client experience, not just for you, but for your firm, and that can cause a loss of a client, plus a lost job for you, and lead to you being blacklisted.

A record is NEVER A GOOD THING, no matter how much you're lied to and told "it will go away, don't worry about it," because once it's given to you, it is never going away, and you can't do fuck all to get rid of it in the future. So, it's best to never have one in the first place. Arrange for all local Police files to be destroyed as well, and make sure there are no traces left, because IT CAN, and IT WILL, haunt you in the future.

A m. I. B e i n g. D e t a i n e d.

You're the reason cops shoot people

This is pretty solid advice OP, depending on the state you may have some magic where you can plea 'unsafe driving' and get 0 points and a doubled fine.

Floor it next time though retard, most cops don't actually know how to drive for shit. The next day you'll probably see a story on the news about a pig wrapping his cruiser around a tree on a backroad.

I'd love to hear why you think so.

badge or GTFO

Rather than reading a novella of posts telling you seven ways to say "AM I BEING DETAINED" and get shot, I'm gonna give you better advice:

Don't do 30 over in a residential area, you fucking idiot.

I just noticed the cop poorly traced his badge number, officer command, and his name on the ticket...

Is this a good defense?

Holy shit you're actually demented. Why don't you post all your information here, pictures of everything, and see if one of us is a lawyer in your city and knows how the court works and which Judge to speak to.

>No. That's not a good defense.

Like I said earlier, spend the money on a traffic lawyer, an xcopper, or someone that knows how your city works and who to speak to. You have to pay to play, you're not going to get away with shit if you show up and insult the cops handwriting in front of court.

I'm leaning toward getting a lawyer to fight it, I'm just wondering if this lack of clearly visible information on the ticket will work in my favor.

First this
then next time don't say anything, just take the ticket straight to a shark traffic lawyer and pay his assrape fee.

It was a fucking highway. 50 zone. I was doing 78.

It can be, but it's not a "good defense". It's just something to note to your lawyer, who will then decide how to proceed, because different Judges have different likes/dislikes, some Judges might like to drop a ticket because the officer can't write, others will not.

Your first appearance will be to just get disclosure from the court, you don't have to plead or do anything. The cop has to have you on radar, and the radar must be calibrated properly. If the radar gun hasn't been tested in a while officially, that can be reason to have the ticket thrown out. If the cop is new and doesn't know how to operate a gun, that can help as well. Even if the cop is old, it can help, in case the cop doesn't have the best vision at night and was aiming at another car instead of you.

All of this can only be answered once you have disclosure. Disclosure is everything the other side (government) has against you, to give you this ticket. If there's things missing, that can give you time, if there's things that are unclear, that can give you time. You can just drag it out, and then at the end say "you don't fee that you got a right to a fair and speedy trial" or something like "you feel the cop wasted the courts resources, and doesn't have everything in order to present" and most of the time it becomes a withdrawn charge with some light fine or mandatory payment to some charity or some other shit. There's lots of ways to beat tickets, but we can't tell you what will or won't work, because you need to have all the information, and we need to see all the information. We also need to see how your city works, which Judges like and dislike which style of case, and a plethora of other things.

That's why it's best to not think about it and just let xcopper/lawyer/ handle it, and you don't even have to appear in court.

cry more bitch niqqa

I'm just curious, how fucked would I be if I was caught going 80-90mph?

Local speed limits range between 55-65 , 20 in school zones( while lights flash) and 45 on some back roads. Regardless, 80-90 seems to be a pretty average cruising speed for me. Would I lose my car/license if I was caught in a 45? Been driving like this for 4 years and I've never been pulled over, not once. It's a pretty big fear of mine though

???? They do it all the time where I live. You fucking blind or something

Not really. He's the reasons cops taze the fuck out of people. To shut them up.
D E T A I N E D
E
T
A
I
N
E
D

Depends entirely on jurisdiction. Lots of states have laws where doing a certain amount over the limit or over a certain speed period is automatically reckless driving- which depending on location and prior record, can be license suspension or revocation very easily.

If you're doing those speeds in a school zone you're a fucking jerk regardless.

That moment when you're having a little spirited fun going 30 over the limit and you see a 1996 Ford Taurus pull out of a dark corner and pass you like it's nothing.

FUCKING SHOFAGS

Soooo they can't take my car? That's all I really care about.

And I slow down to around 40 in school zones. Unless of course lights are blinking, then I have to be a fudd. I also slow down in construction zones.

I'm sensible enough to respect those around me, all of the roads here are straight and I just don't see a point in putting about when I have places to be and a car capable of getting me there with a quickness.

If I wanted to drive slow, I'd of bought a econobox

this

speeders are an easy target, but texters and overall negligent drivers are arguably more dangerous

>Soooo they can't take my car?
Why not get stopped and find out?

>If I wanted to drive slow, I'd of bought a econobox

If you're gonna open up your car, do it somewhere it's safer for everyone in case you fuck up, so that nobody else dies with you. Also, buy a fucking radar detector, that should be common sense for anyone who's serious about wanting to drive fast on a public road instead of a track for some reason.

Idk why, but I just figured they don't really work. Care to recommend any brands to look into?

Also I heard cops are less lenient when you do get pulled over if they see you have one, but obviously I have no way of verifying that.

I'm sure they'd be less lenient for obvious reasons, i.e. most people are using them so that they can speed and not get caught.

I don't have any recommendations because I've never owned one.

Well, thanks user. I don't think you intended to, but you gave me the best solution to my fears.

If you're being pulled over you are being detained by default

Stop giving out nigger-tier legal advice

Perhaps you can walk out of it scot free if you weren't properly clocked in the radar. In those cases showing up to court is worth it. Also sometimes the officer doesn't show up so you automatically get away with it.

This. Cop haters are one of the most degenerate demographics in the first world

Shut the fuck up you faggot ass bootlicker. I don't bust my ass making the world a better place so some donut-fucking slapdick can pull me over and talk to me like he doesn't work for me.

Uncuck yourself, maybe then she'd call you back.

Depends on the state. I got clocked at 35 over in NJ once (100 flat around midnight, though I thought I was going ~85-90. Stressful day...) and I looked pretty extensively into what speeds count for what. Many give you an automatic reckless ticket along with it, but I got lucky and the officer only gave me the speeding. States like Virginia will tear you a new asshole, though; there's some MLB player who accepted jail time strictly for a speeding incident over there.

One lawyer I contacted turned me down when I searched for one, sooo...

FL

Why don't you respect how hard our police forces work to save your worthless ass from being shot at every time you leave your house by nig nogs

hope you get shot by a nigger piggy

get a lawyer keep extending court date till piggy doesn't show up automatic not guilty, dont even bother showing up.

fuck off pig. You're not welcome here.

This. When I'm down range ensuring the people on this board have affordable gasoline, I want to know that there is someone here working to keep my family safe.

god what a faggot you are

Who hurt you? You can tell us, user. We won't judge.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those sovereign citizens would you?

>pulled over for not using turn signals
>say nothing and get ticket
>drive to nearest auto shop
>buy a 1 shekel lightbulb
>ask for court appearance
>show proof of purchase to judge, claim it was not working and you had no way of seeing it as you were driving the vehicle
>skate out of the fine

>highway
>50 speed limit
LAND OF THE FREE

>The cop has to have you on radar
No he does not, if a police officer can testify that he strongly believes you were going over the speed limit, that is enough to for them to shit on you

t. actual lawyer

>I'm just curious, how fucked would I be if I was caught going 80-90mph?
You get arrested if doing 30 or 40 over the limit where I live, your licence is immediately suspended and your car impounded

This. Pacing is a perfectly acceptable method of determining the speed of a vehicle for police officers in many places

>breaks the law
>complains when he gets punished for it

???????

You all seem like happy fulfilled mentally healthy empathetic individuals.

If the western police force/government/establishment/whatever is fraudulent and so oppressive and evil why don't you either start a coalition or something to make your voices heard or better yet fucking leave and move somewhere where you think your labor will be valued? You won't because you know better and are just an asshole

I interact with despicable low IQ human beings on a daily basis. You think because you have some kind of industrial job that the economy relies on it gives you the right to do whatever you want and don't like when your degenerate destructive actions are interrupted. You complain all day long about the people at the top keeping you down while never even hinting at trying to fight for worker's rights because you know you have it better than anywhere else in the world. Get the fuck over yourselves

kek

since when is being a lawyer an industrial job

and talking down upon any job is a shitty thing to do

you have no morals, or ethics

fuck off faggot