Has Dodge EVER made a vehicle that was considered better (I know this is somewhat subjective) that the equivalent...

Has Dodge EVER made a vehicle that was considered better (I know this is somewhat subjective) that the equivalent Ford/Chevy offering? It seems like they have been third fiddle of the American manufacturers since always.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Wb66PzljP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>equivalent

snek

Yes.

They made quite a few of those cars in the 'twixt-war years and mid-20th century. They also popularized the minivan and pickup as more than just a work vehicle.

So basically nothing after the 60's

Yep

>Engine under cowling
.....D
.....I
ABSOLUTELY
.....G
.....U
.....S
.....T
.....I
.....N
.....G

Make that 50's and you'd be closer to it. While they were sort of popular for being cheap and powerful everybody knew Mopars just weren't as good as the other two in areas like fit and finish and ride.

lrn2spel

I want an angry snek to violently bite my head off.

Eh...the Dart was pretty well received when it came out.

>Dodge
Gonna use Chrysler as a whole here

>Offroad
CJ, SJ, XJ have typically dominated since forever (Broncominivans
Always, only beaten by Odyssey (Honda) and Sienna (Toyota)

>shitboxes
Eagle Talon
SRT Neon
Gremlin

>making the worst thing
PT Cruiser
Non-SRT Neon
Prowler (neat, but shitty)
Crossfire

>Challenger Hellcat (compared to Mustang GT or Camaro 2SS)
>comparing a hellcat against a GT or SS
>not a ZL1 or GT500
are you being dumb on purpose?

My family owned a junkyard & I can tell you one thing for sure. Mopar guys are usually oddballs & weirdos. Like 8 or 9 out of 10.

Spirit srt raped the SHO but it was an ugly brick

Mopar guy here can confirm

The ZL1 and the GT500 are pony cars.

Weirdest oddballs you'll ever meet, but the most resourceful of the bunch for sure.

Mopar guys will turn up with the most random shit to fix your problem.

Dodge Neon SRT4 was, and still is considered one of the fastest 4cyl turbo variant. Rolls Si's and WRX's all day.

Viper > Ford GT > Corvette

how has no one posted the first gen cummins? that truck was way ahead of its time and without all the bullcrap they added to the latter gens.

Early 2000's Rams. Im basing this on the 2001 F-150 crash test

youtube.com/watch?v=6Wb66PzljP8

This is true very very true

Srt4 owner here, can confirm.

What is a faster stock 4 cylinder econobox honestly? (Older than 2005)

what in the fuck are you talking about?

Do you not understand what hemispherical combustion chambers are?

This. Lee Iaccoca left GM, went to Chrysler, created the minivan as we know it, and Ford and GM immediately shat themselves silly at how much money it made and scrambled to make their own, none of which ever became as popular as the Town and Country/Caravan/Voyager.

>left GM
*left Ford, fuck, hard to keep sentences right when using that many names in ten words.

Viper never had a direct GM/Ford competitor, but it was and is superior to the Corvette.

3rd gen Hemi is best engine. Most powerful entry-level V8 truck motor, most powerful n/a V8 below 40K most powerful V8 period. Headflow out the wazoo -and still superior to Ford and GM after they're working with aluminium, DOHC(Ferd), or DI (GM). Meanwhile, Dodge makes a great port-injected pushrod iron block V-ate and still kicks their ass. I wonder what happens if they go aluminium/DI, and maybe even add Multiair....

that's a blower not a cowling you poopyhead

> wonder what will happen as we continue to kick the dead horse that is the internal combustion engine.

So are the regular Mustang and Camaro. The Challenger is a musclecar and should not be compared with the other two.

>Implying it's dead when we don't have enough an environmentally suitable replacement
Batteries aren't going to save the world son. Hydrogen and fusion will, in about 30 years. Untill then, we have the glory days of the ICE car ahead of us.

All those off road things you listed are AMC and even kaiser jeep for the wagoneer.

>Viper never had a direct GM/Ford competitor, but it was and is superior to the Corvette.
I agree but the issue is its discontinued now and GM still makes the corvette. You can make a superior car but in the end if no one buys it then you've failed somewhere along the line.

>the newer Fiat Jeeps are garbage though

They're better in more measurable ways than any Jeeps before them.

>tfw the daytona/superbird was slower than it's stock counterpart in a drag race so they didn't sell

real talk chrysler made the best muscle cars.

I don't think people remember how these things where EVERYwhere. More common than SUVs.
Had to rent one a few years ago, so comfy.

This is on the list of stupidest things ever posted on the internet. Congrats.