Rainbow Six Siege General - /r6g/

stay frosty edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell is OUT
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569348-Rank-Changes-in-Y2S1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Friendly mission successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cwq6fomBY3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for h

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

so sorry i forgot to put it in the OP

copying? you did use the OP pastebin right?

SEASON PASS FOR SOMEONE WHO PLAYS ABOUT 4-5 GAMES A DAY

YES/NO

maybe not

Yeah that seems like a season pass thing

how much is 30$ to you

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THAT DOESN'T SO FUCKING

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jewbisoft

Not much

> seasonal weapon skins are only available for operators who were present for the season

i fail to see the problem here.

Smoke is gassy!

Toot toot!

He loves to poot!

Oh yeah!

He's got the gas!

Brap brap brrrrt!

>seasonal weapons
>when two of the seasonal weapons were labeled as "universal"

"Universal"

>UNIVERSAL

>what is consistency

New Ops never had the last season skins on launch same with the shitty Uplay Elephant Skin they will be added later

>We will be changing the name to provide more clarity.

well okay, i guess that would make a bit more sense as to why you'd be pissed. i always just thought of them as seasonal weapon skins. kinda like they were souvenirs for the operators for the operations they'd been on, so it wouldn't make sense for the geo to equip the skull rain seasonal when they weren't part of it. even then the S3 + S4 + S5 can still be put on a lot of weapons.

What is universal?
I bought skins under the impression that because they were universal I could use them with s2, if they give me my RP back I'll accept it was just a fuck up and not them trying to jew me for every last penny they can

wow, thank you so much for "clarifying" after you've took my money and had TWO FUCKING seasons to clarify

>wojaks literally killing ISIS frogposters

>they will be added later
But they won't

>We will be changing the name to provide more clarity
>It's okay that we lied for 2 seasons because we're gonna stop lying soon
I've never been the one to say this, but fuck off Ubishills.
This is not defendable behavior

you're all fuckwits. how did you not realise this when the S3 skins didn't transfer over to the S4 operators. you have nobody but yourselves to blame and have no reason to act surprised by this at all.

and that excuses this behavior how?

>nobody but yourselves to blame

when had a previous seasonal skin ever been applicable to the following seasons ops?

black ice to dust line? nope
dust line to skull rain? nope
skull rain to red crow? nope
and now
red crow to velvet shell? nope

seriously you're acting like this is some sort of shocking surprise and that you were robbed, but frankly the only thing that seems to be missing is your critical thinking.

nice "universal" skin you got there

> t-the large multinational corporation lied to me??

My best friend Thatcher died in a spawn peek 10 seconds into the round. He's dead and gone. Favela was his favorite map. I'm gonna build him a fully destructible building. You don't have to be an operator to be an Earth Rocker. Blitz is an Earth Rocker. My other best friend Twitch is on the other side of the map droning again. She's droning for roamers for the 16th time. Good luck with that one. I'm sick of the bull shit. I'm sick of all the shit. I don't queue for ranked anymore, cause I hate every mother fucker, I don't care what their strat is. 2 minutes I wasted, waiting by the reinforced wall, chit chatting with fucking nobodies. Now I just Ash main, like a fucking third world shitter. Not gonna take any shit from anybody. I know what's going on, I got setup, I got spawn peeked. Thank god t.astro wasn't there to watch me get my fucking ass kicked. He would have wound up with a team kill and probably ragequit. He has a big mouth. I live for this shit, I love it. Bring it the fuck on. Siege is a bitch mother fuck.. WOAH WOAH WOAAAAAAHHH!!! Can you hear the call for the wasted and the wounded WOAH WOAH WOAAAAAAH We're wasted and wounded WASTED AND WOUNDED!!!!!!

yes, and? posting a smug animegirl while stuttering doesn't suddenly turn the shit you typed into an argument

if you had paid actual money for them then i might see a reason to be mad, but 95% are complaining that they want their renown back, so yeah, no sympathy from me. it was all very clear and i can't understand how you missed it.

>black ice to dust line? nope
>dust line to skull rain? nope
you dumbass nigger, none of the "Seasonal" skins for those seasons were listed as "UNIVERSAL" they were listed as just "SEASONAL". You bought them gun by gun, of course they aren't gonna be applicable to guns you don't buy them for, dumb shit.
The only thing you have right is Skull Rain to Red Crow, but that's probably because most of the skins for that season weren't good enough, so not enough people bought them and no one noticed. Literally not buying the skins means I wouldn't have known, because I didn't buy any universal skins until Red Crow, which I did in half because I expected to be able to use them on guns going into the future.

>They finally add a good purplish skin
>won't be useable on next season onward operators

If the regular purple skin didn't look like bright glassy shit I wouldn't be so upset about it.

who the fuck even wants your sympathy, is this what you thought this whole conversation was about, very clear my ass, in order for a person to find out they're not actually universal is for a person to have bought skull rain "universal" skins, if a person only like the red crow "universal" skins under the presumption that they are actually universal, there would be no way for them to find out

this boy is the only earth rocker i know

so, wait, everyone's talking about universal skins
but nobody bothers to mention that the peacock and fire skins for some reason work on every goddamn season but Skull Rain and Red Crow

i mean, why the hell skip two seasons, then pick it back up?

UNIVERSAL SKINS ARE UNIVERSAL

why dont they make the skins available for the next seasons ops?

I'd presume it's because the effort it would take would grow exponentially with each season added

because they are universal but not seasonal.

everybody's bitching about the seasonal universal skins.

Because "Fuck you."

> hey frank we need to you to make sure that the skin looks alright for the 150+ guns we have.

honestly that would just encourage skins like enamoured which are low effort easily applicable skins.

>The seasonal universal skins are seasonal but not universal, but the universal seasonal skins are universal and seasonal except for when they're not universal and just seasonal
Now what I wanna know is

where's the caveman.

>peacock and fire
Probably because those are essentially free; you didn't have to spend game time on them.
Also they're shit

No

Yeah, but a seasoned texture guy, or whatever the role is called, shouldn't break a sweat putting textures on a gun

Holy shit, fuck off you autist, people are annoyed that their universal skins aren't universal. If anything them being listed at limited skins would make more sense but Ubi cares more about adding bullshit to the game rather than fixing any issues.

Fuck skins, what's everyone's opinion on the planned 50-100 operators?

>ubisoft
>putting anything besides just below the barest amount of effort into siege
lol

>Trust jewbisoft

disastrous, if they don't start hotfixing shit faster it's going absolutely ruin everything

imagine they release these new ops and they absolutely ruin everything, balance, dynamic between ops and making the game a fucking disaster, we'd have to wait weeks to MONTHS for things to get fixed

Why even care desu? Nobody cares about exclusivity.

Just sell the skins year round

Getting to 50 total operators is plausible

I mean were hitting 36 so 50 isnt really totally out there

We dont have

Medic attacker

Decoy noise maker

Motion sensor

ubisoft can't even fix gamebreaking shit for the few ops they do have

there's no fucking way they can manage 50

Is medic attacker the new dog meme?

>Ubisoft can't even balance obviously OP or broken operators
>Wants to create a delicate ecosystem of 50+ dudes who are all "balanced"

How long until we get a wall breached better than Hibana?

>Is [plausible idea] the new dog meme?
People latch onto it because it at least makes sense.

>hibana pellets work roughly 50% of the time
I'd say a better breacher is pretty easy

Fucking really? Medic attacker is not to far out there

You people either bitch its unrealistic or its not viable

Fuck you I want a medic attacker and a melee only riot shield with tear gas

after we get the anti-anti-breachers

>it's a stack of 5 clanfags in casual episode
>they talk shit and can't handle the bantz
>ended up getting shit on and damage control

Clanfag genocide when?

My biggest issue is when I saw that first trailer I wasn't imagining some Spanish fuck tracking magic footprints through walls and some bullshit drone that shoots with enough force to destroy itself, admittedly the rappelling and sledge's hammer make no sense but my suspension of disbelief can only extend so far.

You faggots are part of the problem fuck off ubishills no 50 operators for you

*flashes red*

>50+ ops
>Blitz still not fixed

>YOU HAVE BEEN SPOTTED

Now I want 50 operators with the most out there of gadgets just to spite you assholes for complaining about it

he's never getting fixed, it's time to face reality, he's ""working" "as" "intended""

Were ubishills for wanting a medic attacker?

Are you okay user?

Do we need that shit though? Will situational trash really add to the experience that siege presents, or will it make it more like some cheap run of the mill MOBA shooter? Siege brings something unique to the table as far as shooters go and I really see it as an evolution of the barebones elements that made CS so popular, I really don't understand how cramming in more operators will improve the game.
I'd say the best bet would be adding in this year's 8 and then adding in more maps, that's where the strategic variation comes in.

the twitch drone buff was a little much desu

sure it makes the drone easier to spot, but the fact that half my team can die before the round even start is really unacceptable

Go play league or overwatch then, there's character based games out there if you want them, let siege be it's own thing.

Siege is literally a character based game though

Its all about fun user. I dont like different flavor same thing operators ubisoft wants to do plus shooting will always be important so I dont get this MOBA shit

but we really do need

>Motion Sensor

>Medic attacker

>Melee only riot shield with tear gas

>Booby trap operator around the idea of rigged barricades if someone were to place a breach charge or fuze cluster on a barricade it blows up its loud as fuck though

>Non lethal Fuze

>Special flash bang grenades

>twitch drone gun
>shoots out taser rounds

am I not getting something? what does that picture have to do with her drone buff

This I dont get these "NO FUN ALLOWED" guys I fucking love different and new operator shit even if its "ITS NOT RANKED APPROVED REEEEEE ITS GIMMICKS!!!!"

Literally had someone vibrate through my shield to appear behind me as Monty when I was in a doorway. What the fuck is with the collision detection in this game?

>Melee only riot shield with tear gas
Stop this shit. This is a game about guns.

rifle mounted on a drone

>tear gas

How about an operator with tear gas, a tazer and a pepperball gun

Tear gas atleast?

oh shit

>Non Lethal shit

Fuck off to overwatch or a MOBA this shit is a meme we already have smoke

what about an operator with a bayonet

they can have other shit to make them worthwhile too but they also have a bayonet

now one must ask themselves this question, why?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cwq6fomBY3g

Calm down man Tear gas is not meant to kill and would mostly be used for attackers.

Throw this shit into an objective and it blurs peoples vision making them cough all that jazz.

Its not really that out there of an idea and on top of it they could make it a cool M203 or under barrel launcher attachment

You people seem like the kind of guys who would make a game where everyone looks the same they all use the same 4 guns and only play on like 4 maps.

fun

extended melee range and its faster than normal melee and breaks a barricade in two hits

you realise cav has a technically not lethal pistol, right?

Its a travesty the SAS don't have bayonets anyway, even if it makes no difference to melee.

Man I had no idea people hate change in this general

50 operators would only work if the basics of Attack and Defense, like breaching reinforcements and preventing said breaches, were already covered by almost all of any given attacker or defender.
But the fact that there are some ops that are more important or almost necessary means that there will always be the "shit list" of operators that have "bad" guns or situational gadgets compared to more important counterparts, and in high level play (and that doesn't mean pro) the "I want to win because winning is more fun than getting stomped" strats will revolve around a small pool of operators instead of the whole cast. It's just not realistic to expect even 25 out of 50 operators to all get even halfway even pickrates, let alone 100.
I'd much rather have around 20 ops per team at most, and continue to rework characters until they all feel more balanced around each other.

but being useful doesn't stop an op from being fun, who the fuck even bring a bayonet when sieging a building

Just make everyone over powered

What about making tachanka a attacker, seems he would be more useful that way.