/scg/edg/ Dangerous Star-Spangled Elite Citizen General #132: Space Babes When Edition

Star Citizen Information:
>FAQ for newfags
pastebin.com/16fui1G1
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
[YouTube] Star Citizen: Full CitizenCon 2016 Presentation
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/star-citizen-exclusive-interview-erin-roberts/
reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4k16gm/fastest_empire_rank_grinding_quince_guide/
my.mixtape.moe/mnpxkd.webm
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5uketu/the_star_citizen_exclusive_interview_erin_roberts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also what is this ship?

3.0 when?

78 Ursae

This method is shit however.

Star Wars

That can't be Anvil. Is it the 300i rework? Look at the tail.

TURRETED MINING, GUYS.

TURRETED

MINING

I have a fully engineered Type-9 ready to take people on, have a pristine belt already picked out that has quite a bit of painite. Anyone want to join me when the update drops?

Is the 300i supposed to have folding wings?

SPACE TITS WHEN?

Certainly not the old version, the new may version may have them but who knows.

asteroids are still all outside the range of your ship though

I just realized these are hornet wings.

type 9s can move

what a gigglemeister Abent is

don't do that, go to the main station in 78U, ship performance enhancers from the planet below up to the main station.

You make like maybe 15% less profit but you dont need to leave the system.

That's how i did it in about 3hrs with a shit type 7

So why does everyone talk about 17 draconis so much?

yep go between

Stapledon Enterprise (Surface port) grab performance enhancers
Rominger Dock (Orbis station) sell performance enhancers

we're planning on starting a Veeky Forums - /reddit/ (only the non-dad redditors) faction there

you should come hang out in the system :-)

$$$$$$

it used to be that you could stack massacre missions and kill skimmers to complete them easily.

that was patched, but the system still provides a great combat credits and combat rank grind opportunity.

is this game free to play yet or is there still a subscription?

The price is your soul

Elite and SC have never had a subscription to play. you can elect to subscribe to the development of SC, but not doing so doesn't prevent you from playing it.

There's a one-time purchase of both, then you're good to go

E:D is buy to play with the grind of a free to play.

>megaships like station-sized cargo tugs, belt scrapers, and salvage barges

>you get to dock with some

i fucking love this game

They're basically getting in carriers before SC does.

I think the ED roadmap is going to basically be to do whatever SC does, first.

been killing dads with my FdL running 3 PAs and 2 packhounds but the more I fly the more I feel like i'd be better off with 5 PAs.

>implying they wont be static structures like cap ships that sometimes change positions (only after server down time)

Don't get too hyped, this is FD we're talking about. New stations and new things to dock at is always welcome though.

gents i've got a cutter fitted up for multicrewery using four turreted burst lasers on the top side, the two mediums being a scrambler and one little harasser phasing, the two larges being kinetic lasers but holy fuck that jitter. all are efficient and the gunner will get to use two high-cap thermal missile pods as well for their pleasure. helmsman has a bigass OC phaser plasma acc for their pleasure

does that sound like a fun arrangement for the gunner to use?

thinking long-range beams if the inertial larges don't work too well

Nth for Prospector

Efficient beams is the meta along with PAs so yeah they're going to have fun, as much fun as they can have rotating a camera and holding down their mouse button while you fly around.

nice elephant nose there

what sort of experimental would you recommend for the beam lasers?

i've not dabbled with them very much as their g5 capability is recent. got plenty of mats for efficient shit but i know for a fact that my husbando wants to have use of a big-range alternative in the way of beams as he loves logh. perhaps the mediums will be long and the larges efficient as that would probably give me the best mixture of practicality and flexibility

the hull is of course a ~3000 armor reactive double MRP several HRP ~40 res across the board fucktank beneath a ~4k+ or so fivestack prismatic shield two HD/two omni/one thermal that throws out some good explo and kin while hitting mid thirties for thermal, but with my pool i've found it to be chill.

ECM PD and a high cap sink for use with a single 8a cell

corvette is similar in underlying components but i'd never employ turrets on something so maneuverable. two long range phasing PA three overcharged incendiary Fcannon days left for hudson and two long range cascade rails in the huges med/lrg and smalls respectively

>Don't get too hyped, this is FD we're talking about. New stations and new things to dock at is always welcome though.
Your pessimism is well placed. I entirely agree with you on both points.

I always appreciate anti-hype, I'm usually pretty good but sometimes I can get carried away by it too.

To the user in the last thread asking about how the new sightseeing missions affected exploration rank.

I turned in about 41m worth of missions which caused my pioneer ranking to jump from 5% up to 27%. This means it takes about 1.86m to jump up one percent in rank, or 186m to go from pioneer to elite. Not sure how this has changed form how they used to be but the sightseeing missions are certainly still the best way to go elite in exploration.

Hope this helped.

why does it feel so hard to fly with a hotas, I feel like I was doing so much better with M&K

we're creatures of habit,give it some time

Why is there a giant ship docked outside of a station?

you found a capital ship dock. Nice

Can I steal it?

What's it even for? just for show?

yeah, just cool show stuff

My ships power is now maximum, is there really anything left to do before I start saving for an anaconda? Should I just keep going around destroying Base Defenses for 100k a mission? or is there a faster way to get cash?

go to Quience

take surface scan missions for the imperial factions there, all the scans are on the planet that the station's orbiting. average mission is 1 million, and scanning a single data point will complete them all at once

you'll net 20m/hr

Quince*

"Doesn't work anymore, not since 2.1, sorry!"
reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4k16gm/fastest_empire_rank_grinding_quince_guide/

RIP my dreams

>surface
>scan
>missions

seriously. I was up there 3 days ago and went from Squire to Duke in a day and a half

I might as well check it out, got a 400 ly run, already spent the money to get my 16 fuel tank, a fuel scoop, and quad laser weapons array for the trip

when you get there, buy a hauler, strip it of everything but an SRV bay, and stack 20 surface scan missions for only the empire factions

you can take the hauler down to the surface, use the SRV to scan the datapoint (which completes all of the missions at once), and just self-destruct the hauler to rebuy back to the station. It's faster than flying back, and the missions will more than pay for it.

turn in the missions and make bank. additionally if you want to get more faction rep and empire rep, they'll offer donation missions too.

rest in peace big rizzle

it was dope while it lasted i got to prince no problemo and managed to do king in a keelback you feel me

this shit is getting real as fuck

holy fuck there is a lot of good shit in this article

just replace ATV with an interview with Erin ffs.

>we’re looking at putting out perhaps 2 or 3 big releases this year which significantly push the amount of locations, gameplay mechanics and content that the players will be able to experience and give feedback on.

pls Erin contain the hype.

>Finally get invite
>Level up Bill
>Get PA's done
>Plan Engineer for tomorrow
>Marco Qwent
>Look up Sirius Corporation
>It's another permit system
>mfw I thought I had finished the hardest Engineer and it was all downhill from here

I'm going to unlock all these Engineers. I am going to do it, then I am going to go make a post about how this is a bad fucking system and everyone involved in it should be fucking ashamed

I'm beyond anger. I'm too tired for anger.

>tfw you've subjected yourself to so much vision that you already have all the permits ahead of time, cutting down on the engineer grind
F-feels good bros...

Marco Cunt is a pain in the ass. You need to both be Allied with Sirius corp, and have 25 tons of modular terminals, which are fucking hard to get

won't destroying one hover panel basically flip the bike into a death roll? this thing just got a lot more fragile.
can't wait to watch these fuckers skid. makes me want to organize a canyon race and then set up on the ridge with a sniper rifle taking off parts

nigga that gun destroys ships

Dragonfly was always going to be fuggen useless

is this you?

Get that shit out of here

as soon as 3.0 hits and I can murder a sandman for his clothes, yes.

>I am so gay

Real UI color options when?

Never ever

why leave the post date out?

Is there a Quince for the feds?

been grinding Sothis/Ceos for fed rank

mostly donation and data missions

Niu hsing/col 285 sector yf-m c8-8 and sothis/ceos,all worse than their imperial counterparts

17 Sinocard gentlemen. Get over here.

my.mixtape.moe/mnpxkd.webm

>be reasonable person
>hyped for Squadron 42
>follow that guy's advice
>wait 1 year
>come back
>oh booy either Squadron 42 is released or there's a lot of juicy info about it everywhere
>no actual info or footage of it anywhere in the past 14 months

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5uketu/the_star_citizen_exclusive_interview_erin_roberts/

ok commando

Why though?

>le ebin raid of a mostly dead general

What?

Why what?

Also it's funny that even reddit now has some sense of reality when it comes to Star Citizen, they sum up what I normally feel.

>Why what?
It baffles me that there are grown-ass people out there who actually spend hours every day trying to shit on SC and whatever backer is nearby at the time. Like...what's the point? Apart from making people think you're a retard.

Yeah and fuck Sandi I hate her so much

livic raw?

ayy new expanse episode

>What will botters use?

Is the robigo slave mission sellback thing still working? I'm probably going to buy my Corvette, then make it all back doing that if it is.

CIVIL WAR???

.tnenimmI

>we’re looking at putting out perhaps 2 or 3 big releases this year which significantly push the amount of locations, gameplay mechanics and content that the players will be able to experience and give feedback on

Translation 1 (optimistic):
>we will release 3.0, 3.1 and maybe 3.2 in 2017

Translation 2 (pessimistic):
>HOPING to release perhaps 2 big releases like 3.0 and 3.0.1 in 2017

Translation 3 (educated guess):
>we are planning to release less than half of the content we promised in 2016, i.e. 3.0 to 4.0 but it's too early to give any dates, even though we said 3.0 was going to be released 2 months ago back in August 2016, and it's still not the full stanton solar system so if you read between the lines, 3.2 and 3.3 and 4.0 will be in 2018

Refund? Y/N

didnt you listen to chris? they should have it out by the end of 2016, hopefully not like late december

theyve been 'looking at' trying to get a lot of stuff out

please note how well that has gone and how well they have met their estimates so far

>So at some point, when/who says (and we all really love Chris obviously) to Chris “please stop giving dates to the community!”?

>To be fair, Chris isn’t really giving hard deadlines, he says we’d like to do XYZ and we would, we’d all love to give everything as soon as we can, but this is something that gets brought up repeatedly and this was why at the end of last year we really started opening up with our production schedule to the community.

>I’ve done this all my life though and it’s often, you know developers saying “oh yeah, we can do that!”, it’s not Chris making up dates, people want to give their best but then a roadblock appears, some contingent work isn’t finished in time or sometimes priorities change. It’s like last year when we delayed Star Marine and everyone reported that we’d killed it (W: We didn’t! In fact we reported it was still coming!) but we needed to reprioritise for other things.

Withold further jpeg purchases

Hovercraft when!?

>Over engineered/overpriced glass cannon Cerberus shit

>please stop giving dates to the community
As I have said many times, giving a date is no problem, also missing a date really isn't a problem. The big problem is when they go sailing by the date they gave us and don't update their expectations, acknowledge the missed date, or update what the new date will be. They act like if they just wave their hands, yell, and fill AtV with pipelines we won't notice a date they gave us previously.

The schedule report was a good first step, but they need to open the entire schedule up, not just the narrow slice of the next patch.

Who is up for kidnapping Chris Roberts and demanding they work on the game faster as ransom?

aka a publisher?

This is by far the worst goonie meme

It was an absurdist comment to highlight the exact reason SC continues to be delayed. They claim they are taking their time to get it right, which you can't do with a publisher. Whether they will actually deliver or continue to delay and excuse themselves remains to be seen.

The counterpoint is ED it didn't have enough time to bake in the oven, it launched bare bones and even now years after release players are still pissed.

Reading this wcctftech interview with Erin Roberts and so far it is a must read for any SC fan.