>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
(Cross-thread)

webums with sounds:
Previously on /deebeetee/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdF7e-Fy0rpSgAnGPWMW4GF0AJAnzWUClbN_oTBrE7wGalG5g/viewform?usp=sf_link
youtube.com/watch?v=EwKbVIimt2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New SAM poll because the last one got enough positive feedback.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdF7e-Fy0rpSgAnGPWMW4GF0AJAnzWUClbN_oTBrE7wGalG5g/viewform?usp=sf_link

Go vote motofriends

I would but I can't commit myself to actually go.

>hour and forty five minutes until newbike

You ever fix that leaky drainplug?

On the sl125? It turned out to be the crank case gasket was weeping

tail of the dragon or fuck off n die

Vote and maybe you'll get what you want user

I think it was when this guy started posting

didnt work in the election why would it now

dragon or fuck off n die

Rockies > appalachia

>Libcuck
You aren't wanted anyways ;)

w2c jacket w/ coat tails?

That wouldn't work great on a bike

>libcuck
>;)
>trip
Yikes

my motorcycle jacket only has back protection as an optional, should i get it? It would cost 45€? how important is it? (im poor)

Do you want to become a vegetable?

googling "motorcycle spine injury" has led to to believe that yes, that's a decent investment.

>what is a trip
yikes

Upgrading from my ninja 500..
Want fast n comfy
The vfr is fat and fz6 is fugly
Any other recommendations?

Fz6 nyukka

Alternatively, vtr1000 or sv1000

F J 0 9
J

why do you have so many picture of that bike at fay myers?

Because that's the dealership I'm buying it from?

fz1 or fj if its not comfy enough?

Because he bought it.

That sv is uglier than the fz6
The vtr doesnt look comfy but what do i know?
>fj09
Not available in freedumb land i think

Fz is ugly bro the 6 and the 1 need surgery

>That sv is uglier than the fz6
Lolno.
Get a street triple, they're pure sex.

>tfw bought a truck
>tfw no more bumming rides to the track
Feels good man

Why can't Yamaha make a sportbike with the MT09 triple engine as well?

Are they fucking retarded?

Next year the new 800 Daytona will come out as well.

True. It's not a very pretty bike. Fz1 looks good though.

It looks like it's trapped in the early 00s.

Is the fz09 not Tha at or do you mean a Faired sport bike?

It was a decent time

with the exception of aesthetics

>striple
Id need a good screen then
They are dumb
A faired fz-09 i would purchase immediately.
A faired version for more touring and one with a sportier position, better brakes suspension etc.
Qhat they have now is right in the middle and not what im looking for.

Better than the two decades before it.

I mean, it is. Didn't the FZ6 stop production in like 2010 or something? So yeah, it is a late 90s/early 2000s design.

>naked
>sportbike
Like a fucking Daytona, retard, it's in my post.
Just search for the best sport touring bikes.
Where the fuck do these people come from?

>vfr is fat
First gen VTEC is fat, 750 and 800Fi are less fat, post-2014 VTEC is thin (because they finally put the radiators back in front rather than angled on the sides).

>Where the fuck do these people come from?
Been here for a few years. '80s and '90s design was shit.

OK, I think that's quite enough "what can the new bike do" for now, on public roads at least. Time to book a track day.
>MPH, not km/h

>'80s and '90s design was shit.
End your existence.

Nah.

I am m not really reading the entirety of posts. I'm trying to power through the last 40 minutes of work then pick up the bike.

Can't read shit.

>doesn't even read posts he replies to
>browses Veeky Forums while working

Looking to buy an old SR400.
Apart from the pitfalls of buying an old bike - is there anything notorious / specific to the bike?

For one more week, I work at an office as the oncall guy on Saturdays and I literally have nothing to do. All good though, my new job I'm starting the Monday after next.

Lol who cares.

No one DESU. I'm just trying to kill time until I can give my shekels away

I care

Thanks kitty

Please keep not using your trip like this, kit fag.

~$2k in tracker/cafe racer parts coming in for my nightster, going to be fun. I know /dbt/ will love it.

It's just money...

R-r-right ...fellas?

With assistance for grandpa, who cannot into zoom.

Meh.

Might be no-bike on Monday. Saddens me a bit, because won't be having another for a while. Probably gonna buy a shitbike, any cheap recommendations?

Xl250 for dirt dirt cheap

Iktf mayne, its not fun

stock duc exhaust dont sound to bad

youtube.com/watch?v=EwKbVIimt2M

>km/h
>mph
You may need to learn to count.

Getting a lot of offers, god I hope someone takes it.

I know Harley-Davidsons are built like shit and leak oil all the time (or is that just a meme?), but fuck me I cannot stop loving their matte black styling on some of their bikes.

I can't be the only one.

The worst part is that I'm probably going to re join the army, the job I want takes 4-5 months for AIT, gonna suck.
You still in Denver or you move back to OR?

Did you own one? I have always like the SC models, they look really slick. How was it to own?

I'm in Denver. Great place

This year is my favorite, I wonder why they decided to change it.

I still own this one. It's got an appreciable amount of punch. They're really heavy/dense bikes though.

That's what I thought. Still, one of my favorite looking bikes from the 80s, and I do love me some 80s bikes.

Leaking oil was Pre-Evo thing. Knucks, panheads and shovels.

Never seen a drop of oil fall out of my twin cam, the milfucky 8 doesn't drip either.

Built like shit? Fuck no, lol. They're engineered like ass using old technology but they are by no means low in quality.. they're entirely overbuilt and one of the easiest scoots to work on. They're caveman tech and everythings far bigger than it needs to be.

Source, I fuck with mine.

That's the thing I noticed when comparing my shadow to my dad's flstc, while mine had a lot more tech (other than EFI), his was made out of much thicker, sturdier and more quality of materials.

>on a vtwin naked
>with no boots and pants
>on a 110kmh limit road
What's 120mph anyway? Not much more.
World's full of homos, didn't you read the news?

So basically Harley-Davidson bikes are sorta like American muscle cars? Simple engineering, no cutting edge technology, shit power to displacement ratios, but enough torque to not give a shit about any of it?

It's comparing a BBQ beef sandwich to a bowl of top ramen. They both hit the spot in different ways.

As horrific as old Harleys used to be they're nowhere near as bad as the early Japcrap, I'm not talking 70's during the resurgence of the rising sun, prior to that. When Japan was the China of manufacturing.

Just don't expect modern technology, or modern handling with a Harley and you'll be fine. You'll have a bike that'll age gracefully, always have an insane amount of aftermarket support, OEM parts for days and can be fixed by the average fucktard. The Milfucky 8's are starting to get more NASA shit under the hood so good luck with all those communication wires and whatnot.

And misfiring is a feature.

Misfiring? Is that a common issue with H-Ds? I always hear about leaking oil, vibrating handlebars, and shoddy build quality, but not engine misfiring.

It's how their engines are designed, gets them a special sound
Normal big twins purr like a kitten, HDs do not.

I cleaned my helmet liner with laundry detergent, how do I get rid of the detergent smell?

need help,my bike went off today,when i tried to go back to neutral to start it i could not find it,neither could i start the bike and the worst part,i could not move the bike in any direcction,its fucking annoying if it stops in the middle of the street and i only get out of this sitution by luck.

sweat in it

Why did your bike "go off today"? What were you doing? Why can't you find neutral? Can you move the shift lever or is it stuck?

Getting one of these in the mail soon, I'm hoping it works.

Do you mean misfire or backfire? Two completely different things there.

congrats

I like the tubular steel frame look of the first gens.

Misfiring implies it's fucking up, not done by design, enjoy your 2pinz

I addressed oil leaks above, that's a pre-Evolution engine thing, its a meme.

Vibrating handlebars? Maybe if you swapped out a bunch of shit without a proper tune and it's running like ass? TwinCam B's are counterbalanced and hardmounted, very little shake, The Twincams on dyna frames are rubber mounted and not counterbalanced, they do vibrate a bit but nothing horrific. It feels good on the nutsack regardless.

Shoddy build quality addressed above, low tech? Yes, shoddy? Fuck no. They're farm equipment. They're not winning any prizes for advancements in engineering but sometimes you'd swear their assembly line had to employ blacksmiths.

I don't have a problem with the sweat smell, it's mostly the lingering stench of detergent that stays in even after sweating in it that gives me a headache.
Would Febreeze damage the liner?

fucking hell brah you're making me want a harley now

What do you think of the smaller bikes like Street Rod and Street 750? They look fucking sexy but if I'm not mistaken they're fairly new designs. No idea how good that 750 engine is.

Misfire by design is still misfire

He means misfire, other v twins have 2 pins on the crank so the rods move independent of eachother, Harleys only have one pin, both pistons are on the same pin.

he means the "potato potato" sound that isn't either, but related to the weird engine timing

Speaking of that, would the 750 engines be decent for freeway use? How would it compare to say, an FZ-07? FZ-07s are street fighters made to be nimble in the cities, but they also do quite well on the freeway. Wondering if the Street Rod would be similar.

Buy literally any other bike than a Harley Street, they're HDs in name only, for what they're trying to be every other manufacturer does it better and for FAR less money.

You can probably get a used Iron 883 sporty for less and have far more fun.

>Friends buys used sportster for 3k
>carb develops small leak
>Takes to shop
>bike suddenly starts to >backfire and idle like shit
>Tell him to leave at my garage
>Next day bike spilled the all the fuel in the floor
>Take a look at front exhaust and one bolt is missing
>Fork seals are busted
>Dosent have turn signals
>Turn on the bike and its sucking air from the crank breather bolts and from the exhaust
>need to replace both gaskets that are made of wool with special harley tool
> had to buy new breather bolts just to fix the leak because they dont sell them separate

Told him harleys are shit and should have bought a sportbike, yamaha bolt or triumph, he says hes prepared to live with a harley and wants to put more than a 100,000 miles on it and just laught at him.

>buys poorly maintained motorcycle
>blames it on the manufacturer when things go wrong

idk which one of the tard wranglers thought that letting you buy a bike would be a good idea but they should be fired

>tfw the Hayabusa is only 215kg
What the fuck, why did you guys lie to me and told me it was pigfat?

Are you talking about an Ironhead? Also half of that sounds like shit maintenance by the previous owner.

If it makes it any better I have turn signals, I just don't use them. Too used to riding things that never had them in the first place.'

Sounds like your friend bought a basket case, or an Ironhead, but I repeat myself.

Tell him if he wants to put 100,000 miles on something to find an XS650 and completely rebuild the motor, throw it in a rigid frame, cum red loctite all over it and feed it the souls of his enemies.

>the Hayabusa is only 215kg
Where'd you find that? Suzuki's website lists it at 266 kg

Literally all v-twins are like that
In fact, the only 2 cylinders that i know of who have split cranks are boxers and inline 2s