Need a impact/driver combo. Want to use the impact for some light car stuff...

Need a impact/driver combo. Want to use the impact for some light car stuff. See these two options and like some input from Canacucks on the Maximum series from Canadian Tire. Go for it or stick with Dewalt? Would be for home and car.

Bump

Bosch PS41 has held up really well for me.

Just avoid Panasonic, they're an underperforming waste of money

makita

This or Hitatchi.

Consider the cost of extra batteries and what other tools from each brand you will get in the future because you are buying into a brand and their batteries and chargers. Personally I got a Milwaukee combo kit from home depot.

OP here.
For other tools I am going to stick with ryobi for its cheap lineup. I just wanted a nice impact from a decent brand really. Makita is going for 199 and Milwaukee combo for 219 on sale at HD.

If that's the case, just get a Ryobi. These days for DIY stuff they're more than adequate.

I will. Just not the impact it felt like ass and will be awkward to use for the car. I can't much testimony to the maximum series combo but I think I'll try it. Canadian tire is easy for returns.

Whelp, fair enough if it's no obligation, although for that coin I'd go with either Makita or Hitatchi for that money, and slowly replace the rest of your tools with skins from either brand as you go.

i use a 10mm etc on my drill
what could go wrong?

I currently own the Dewalt driver and I love it. It does struggle with things like lug nuts even going as far as being useless on them. Aside from that, it was a good buy. The battery lasts forever too.

Why wouldn't you get a Milwaukee? They're cheap and good, plus great warranty. Id say get a snapon, but that name seems to trigger people here.

I think I'm just gonna buy the impact solo and forget the drill combo. Lowe's has the dewalt 20v impact driver with 1.5ah for 129 flat save the tax.

I'm not expecting it to break lugs as I have a corded impact wrench for that but more need it for tight spaces. If anything I can break the lugs and use it to spin it off.
So is dewalt a meme? Or are they really genuine tools?
Home depot had the m18 non fuel for $169+tax.

He's looking at drivers with 1.3ah batteries, Milwaukee and snap on are both at the opposite end of the price spectrum.

>Impact driver
>For the car
You know that's not an actual impact wrench, right? It won't be able to take off anything you can't with a normal 3/8" drive ratchet.

>Made in China

I ended getting the 20v dewalt impact driver, 1.5ah battery, w/ 37 piece set for 129$.

The Ryobi impact is actually really nice

Go with porter cable

A mix of both, they are a bit too expensive for what you get, but still good tools. Maybe try and look to get them second hand if anything.

I go to pawn shops. 2 years ago I got a Dewalt impact, drill, dremel, bag, 3 batteries, a charger, and some knickknacks for 130. Stull performing great minus a battery that went bad a few weeks after I bought the set.

Beware buying from Cambodian Tire. The Dewalt they sell is a lower series that doesn't hold up as good. Imo by the Mastercraft and that way it's cheaper to replace

Honestly, nothing with a battery is going to be a proper impact wrench