Owner of this 1974 vehicle tells me it only has 57k miles on it. Pic related

Owner of this 1974 vehicle tells me it only has 57k miles on it. Pic related...

However looking at this odometer, it doesn't even go higher than 99K.. So would hte odometer loop around or just stay at 99,999?

it loops around obviously.

unless you somehow think this ancient shitbox is brand new

check the pedals. if they have excessive wear then hes lying

This. Car probably has 157k not 57k.

hahaha... Thanks. I figured as much. What a goddamn asshole.

They're warn, thanks for the tip

thats what im here for senpai

got a vin?

Vin isn't 17 digits, no info exists.

They key with this though, you can sometimes tell its rolled over, as in the 2nd picture the numbers are not even going across.

you can tell it is rolled over. look at the position ogf the 4 and the position of the 5

Lame, I forgot about the 1981 cutoff.

That's common seeing as how the number slowly move as the mileage rises. Only large inconsistences such as the 2nd picture are a good sign of roll over.

The 4 is about to become a 5, it's normal it's like that.

It's usually easy to tell if the car has rolled, because if it's seen 100,000 miles more than he's claiming, it should be very obvious in the condition. Wear and tear spots, like the driver door handle, steering wheel, driver seat, arm wrest, seat belt, shifter, common touched things will be severely worn down, textured things like vinyl or plastic with that vinyl like detail to it will be worn down and smooth or even glossy.

Also I wouldn't trust it

I could be easy rewinded or faked the mechanical odometer

It's a '74. Does it really matter if its 57k or 157k? If it looks nice and runs nice than its probably 57k.

edit -if it looks nice. At 57k it may run like crap just from not being driven much.

Remember nissan people are scum
He is likely lying

87-91 f series fgt

Speaking of this, what the fuck were they thinking with a five digit odometer?

Were they just like "lol cars won't make it past 100k", or what?

back in the day 100k was considered a long full life for a car.

Honestly does it even matter? I swapped the cluster on my 78 Bronco for one with more miles just because it works better.

At that age, the condition is what it is. Unless its a numbers matching Ferrari with verified original 30k on the odometer, it really means fuck all.

This. Oil quality was fucked back in the day. Old mechanic I work with confirmed you were lucky to see 70K before the main bearings were trash. Even bottom barrel generic brand oil these days is better than anything you could get 40 years ago.

>Owner of this 1974 vehicle tells me it only has 57k miles on it.
You can check carfax and see how many oil changes. Even the lady down the street that bought a new grocery-getter car with 4K miles per year will exceed that 57K. Unless the maintenance records (eg. carfax) are consistent and show tiny mileage increases each year, it rolled over. If there is a big gap, then it might have an odometer disconnect because that was done to some of those old cars. I rode in such a 70's car before.

carfax DOES NOT GO THAT OLD

Just check on the OBD2 port dipshit

Just check skynet, duh you fucking dipshit. It has all the information.

Kill yourself my man

nice