When will cars have straight edges and angles again...

when will cars have straight edges and angles again? cars have looked the same since the 00's and new designs arent exciting anymore

2016 gti

Design trends take time.

Audi, Jeep, Ford, and so on are making at least their front fascias slightly less curvy this year.

80s shit design is never coming back

Curves were sexy back in 2002ish when they came out now its all about those contours and cuts and putting those meme LED lights under the headlamp.

Do those actually shine on the road or do they just put them there for style? I saw one during day time and it kind of looked like the sort of thing that will age poorly.

Almost everything ages poorly especially cars with needlessly complicated styling.

old cars are infinitely more masculine.

all new cars look like a shitty bar of soap with ghetto wheels.
aerodynamic economy electric nannies=
literally a cuck mobile.

majority of steering wheels now are not even connected to the wheels. no throttle by wire etc. SAD.

Can't, something about pedestrian safety.

You can make edges be aero and safe for impacts.

Riding horses were even more masculine. Why don`t you ride a horse, user? Stop justifying driving rusting shitbox your grandmother gave you and buy yourself a new car, fucking poorfag

Audi doesn't really have straight lines. What car are you referring to?

Ford is boarder line, and kind of always have been. Even the popular 80's Fords had implied curves even though there were many straights and angles. It really was design art.

Jeep has always been a brick with wheels.

>civic gets totaled by idiot who ran a red light
>rent car to go to work until I buy another shitbox
>2017 Chevy
>everything below the windows is tall and fat as fuck
>windows and upper body are as low-profile as Lamborghini's retarded cousin
>can't see shit
>drives like ass
>realize most new normieboxes are just like that too

why do they do this

did you ever hear about the camaro windo survey

n-no
what happened

its maytbe just rumours but there was a survey to camaro owners asking if visibility was a concern
majority said no

next model the windows got smaller

Why are you insecure about what kind of car design someone else prefers

led drl's are meant to make a car more easily visible in pedestrian's peripheral vision. if you dont see the car you'll see the bright lights.

unfortunately, they also just make for a big distraction in your peripheral vision while driving

I'm glad I'm not the only one who shares this sentiment OP.

I hate the curves on cars

Straight edges are coming back, but mostly on the rear to improve flow seperation.
If you look at the latest Golf for example, you will see straight edges and angles again.

But the front of cars will most likely stay curvy to reduce drag.

>pedestrian safety
I'll stay off your sidewalk if you stay off my road.

meant for

1: styling
2: impact protection

1 is an opinion, but 2 is an observable truth.

What's "masculine" and what's "feminine" are arbitrary and entirely based on opinion.

It's best not to worry about it.