The Toyota 86/FRS/BRZ came out 5 years ago

The Toyota 86/FRS/BRZ came out 5 years ago

Is it still the godmachine of Veeky Forums?

It never was. The ecoboost Mustang was more of a successor to the 86 than the gt86

>turobcharged vs normally aspirated
no

>Torque dip
No

>Initial D 2
>Dagumi is in a live-axle v6 stang and BTFO a rich douche in a R35 through the power of meme magic
BACK ON THE ROCKS, BACK ON THE ROCKS, BE THERE! YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR MIND TOGETHER.

>the FR-S is less than a second faster than a Miata

>nc miata

that article is OLD

>godmachine
>slower than a minivan

Pick one

Yes.
Watch how many buttblasted replies this thread will get. It will be god for at least another 5 years

Lightweight, cheap, underpowered and driver focused Toyota gets a new, lightweight, cheap, underpowered and driver focused Toyota yet it's not the spiritual successor?

The 86 isn't nearly as cheap nor lightweight as the Trueno was. The Trueno was loved because it was designed as just a cheap practical car which ended up being competitive against performance cars at the time. The 86 was designed as a performance car yet it isn't competitive and it definitely isn't practical.

Cars in general are larger and more expensive. It is still lighter and cheaper than other cars.
The 86 isn't as practical as the AE86 but it's still pretty practical, largish boot, can fit 3 people or 4 if 2 are amputees, regular creature comforts etc

it wasn't competitive against performance car it was just liked because it was a cheap shitbox that teenage/20s poorboi street racers could afford that had a decent engine and rwd

You could get a new GT-S for around 10500$ before taxes back in 1984. Inflation adjusted that'd be around 24,5k-25k nowadays. Not as cheap as you might think it was.

Its the best we will get in the current age of car design. Frankly its too heavy and doesnt have enough power stock but its never gonna get better. A tune and some form of FI will do wonders to it.

the FR-S cant use its "god handling" to go around willow springs faster than a base, straight axle, v6 mustang that weighs 3500lbs. KEK

Yet it's can still keep up with more expensive more modern sports cars.

Now why is there such a big difference between the FR-S and BRZ? Aren't they the same shit?

I'd say so. Probably one of the only new cars I'd get if I wasn't a poorfag

B-but muh $8000 money spend on turbo right after paying for the new vehicle!!!!!

The Mustang and Camaro are always going back and forth between the top spot, but the Mustang will always be the better road car.

>$8000 for a turbo set-up

Is this normal?

yes

I've always liked Motortrend's V6 Head 2 Head shootouts. Being honest here, that's what most people are buying.

Depends on the car, and the willingness of retards to buy it.

In the case of the BRZ, 85, and FRS, it is normal. You almost feel bad ripping these poor retards off, kind of like how you'd rip off the kids a few grades below you in school.

>nc fast than brz
MIATA
IS
ALWAYS
THE
ANSWER

Toyobaru BRS86