/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Succumbed to scotophobia:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

DARK SOULS 3 IS SHIT

DaS1 > DeS >= BB > DaS3 > > > > > DaS2

nth for /our guy and gal/

Whats next in his mater plan?

>It's too slow to be fun.
We all know you hate greatweapons and therefore fun, it's okay.
>inb4 lucy utters something retarded like "i liked greatweapons in bb" despite kirk and souls greathammers having relatively same swing speed

done and done

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito

what do you guys do to finish DaS3 at incredible hihg speed

why isn't there one of these for DaS3?

would it be worth making one?

>mater plan
i would assume rosaria. but if you meant master plan, that would be crashing anor londo with no survivors
If anything it would be toxined. Blessed kills the skeleton

Previous

To be fair, illusorywall is a top-tier dude, and he's trying to promote it as a cross-community event, but it's still based in tumblr and they'll comprise the majority of the audience.

The game has no shortcuts, so probably just a good raw weapon or something plus pyromancy.

Not a fan of Kirks, but at least it could transform into a Straight Sword when you needed something fast.

Not collecting anything but important items you actually want/need and just running through the areas to the bosses gets it done pretty quick.

I thought the DS2 day was a reddit thing?

there was an user doing it.
I don't have it, tho.

>implying

Tumblr's a blogging platform, m8. It doesn't have a single, cohesive community. Most normalfags on social media have or use tumblr to some extent and those are the same players who use reddit and use facebook and use funnyjunk and use twitter and so on. It's all the same shit.

Is Irina of Carim for sexual?

>tfw Gwyndolin will never let you past his fog wall to see him without turning hostile

Darkmoons are cucks

>he doesn't want to invade them in a game where equipment damage actually matters
At least DaS2 had it's discount scraping spear
>get warmth
>get poison-infused channelers trident
>get acid surge
>watch them suffer

No, Irina is pure.

Enjoy myself during it's fun gameplay. Clear every area 100% actually. I don't like rushing ds3. If you can't enjoy the game and are just doing it to create your ebin pvp build you're not going to have more fun you know. It's the journey that counts, not the destination.

Only once she's become a fire keeper.

How complete was the Dancer's mindbreaking and how loyal did she end up becoming to Sulyvahn?

there's only so much of the first half of the game I can bear, even if the rest is quite enjoyable

fuck off mom

DROP THE SHIELD YOU FAGGOT
it's literally called an infection by the game. blessing the thread with that is the equivalent of /v/ermin influx

She was exiled and changed into a beast-like state, she's probably about as loyal as a dog.
>he doesn't like undead settlement and road of sacrifices
>he doesn't like fucking CotD

Yuri isn't pure though

She's no doubt a simple minded beast now, albeit a feminine one compared to the other Outriders.

Nigger the devs fed my god to a pile of shambling sewage, then killed off my covenant.

You really think anything you can say can top THAT level of indignity?

In a game where shields matter so much, I feel like sticking to the "this tier list only reflects weapons as standalone" rule is rather pointless. If you pretend a weapon's synergy with a BK shield doesn't influence its position in the tier-list, especially near the top, then your tier list woefully misrepresents the current meta.

Nito is the Lord of death, decay, and all related things. Any blessing from him would be an infection by any other standards.

>he doesn't want to be blessed into a skeleton

I was talking about prior to getting sent out as a beast though

I don't think she was mind broken at all, she was just pressed into doing whatever because he's the pontiff.

i would rather fuck a rusty razor than go through the unholy trifecta that is road of sacrifices, cathedral of the deep and farron swamp

FUCK YOU
so, remind me. the best way to farm is to stack all items or only use the best one?

This pic doesn't answer my question

>Any spear
>Top-tier
Attacks are slow and telegraphed, easy to parry. Weapon Art is ridiculously easy to parry. Bad weapon tracking makes it easy to strafe.

Not saying spears are bad. Spears are pretty good, but if facing a high-skill opponent, they are not the best weapons to use.

Farron swamp is the only bad area of those three, fuck your opinions.

Yuri is the purest love!

Seriously, they've got to be some of the most boring areas in Souls games.

>>>implying I haven't already ascended
to call it a blessing is silly though

Shields were stronger in DaS 2 yet that list was made without them as well

>beat dark souls 1
>look up video for my ending since it cuts off abruptly

>literally hundreds of people talking pages in depth about all the lore in this game

>cut to me wondering where the fuck they got all this information.

WHERE THE FUCK IS ALL THIS LORE GIVEN EXACTLY?

Aldrich Faithful is the one true faith. Gwyndolin is a fraud

i'm sorry I have more respect for my eyes than to want to grace them with three whole areas full of endless GREY BROWN

There was nothing sexual between those two sisters

>he didn't read the item descriptions

That's some pretty shit taste you got there.

>You really think anything you can say can top THAT level of indignity?

Finding out that the god you worship turned into a dragon fucker is pretty bad. You know, as the enemy of your covenant are...dragons.

Then why do they hang around eachother naked so much?

E-celeb ass.

Sure it does. Irina is not for sexual because Eygon will WoG you if you corrupt her.

It's really popular to asspull with DaS lore since Memezaki leaves things vague or doesn't explain some things at all.

Shields had terrible weapon-synergy in two and were basically nonexistent in the top-tier meta outside of pose-based estoc turtling, which was something that only really came about in the twilight of the game's life long after the tier list stopped being updated.

Meanwhile the BKshield is literally the hard counter to flame spear and washingpole and its synergy with straightswords boost their position in the meta meaningfully. By the same stroke, weapons which can beat BK shield + SS are more important in the meta as a result.

It's just like how Yhorm's is actually a piece of hot fucking trash outside of the OH gimmick with a mainheand SS. It has no business being high-tier outside of that synergy and yet there it is, in high tier.

Watch some recent speed run and mimic what they do the "log-off" leap of death is really useful.

I rush characters to play the game at higher difficulties. Fuck pvp I'm bad at it.

There is if you pretend.

The ultimate irony is that his followers now kill him for tokens in order to donate to his statue to earn favor with him.

Explain that with your "theology"

But what if Eygon himself is the one who's sexualizing her and she loves it?

>Crescent Axe isn't even an axe anymore
Why do they keep screwing with this thing

What the fucking fuck, just fought the Lothric princes and had some really BS happen to me.

I was out of estus and had 1 hit left before I would die, and so did the boss - so it basicly came down to a mexican standoff between me and the boss, as the princes had 1 hit left also.

I manage to dodge and get the last hit in first, effectively killing the boss, and starting the his death dialog, when their miracles hit me right after and killed me.
But some fucking how, it doesn't count as a win, even though I killed the boss, before they killed me.

I have fucking done the exact same thing with another boss, where it counted as a win

Most of the generally agreed upon lore is based on on item description or very light extrapolation based on known facts. There's ton of informations about the setting if you read up the item descriptions, it's just tha a good part of it is incomplete or requires multiple items to pierce together.

And then you have the really out there theories, like how a subset of people think Executioner Smough is secretly one of the bosses in Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls is literally suffering.

Princest has a long bit of dialogue during their death animation. Kill credit is checked afterwards

Firstborn's treachery happened before DaS1, so he was a dragonfucker long before you joined. Lothric's knights worshiped him (explained in their item descriptions and is also why the statue is there), and they also tamed, rode, and encouraged transformation into dragons.

The covenant is simultaneously about killing dragons and becoming them, because Firstborn has a very confused libido.

I didn't unfortunately.

thanks. I have adhd and other memory effecting issues, so memorizing and understanding all the lore in item descriptions is basically impossible for me

>snakes are imperfect dragons
>snakes symbolize undead and dark shit
>gwyndolin has snake feet
>gwyndolin is the dark sun, has a dark talisman, and channels faith for sorcery (heresy)
Good grief how deep does the rabbit hole go?

HA GOTEM

>like how a subset of people think Executioner Smough is secretly one of the bosses in Dark Souls 3

Aldrich?

Perhaps he ate his body [with armor] after the CU killed him back in 1.

Smough just made use of executed criminals by eating them.

The big thing with Smough is whether he's a giant or not. He's got a similar sounding name to Gough.

Eygon is anti-degeneracy.

Well I still think its fucking bullshit, boss hp bar reached 0 before mine, so I should have won that.

Got so pissed I summoned phantoms for the first time ever, and proceeded to kill the boss.

Im pissed and feel fucking dirty right now, as Ive never summoned in none of the the souls series before, for a boss. Feels like a cheap win

>only just now noticed the chameleon pot scuttering behind Eygon
Additional kek

>smough's name is similar to gough
>smough's armor is described as being too large for a human
>smough literally ground bones to make his bread

It isn't rocket science.

Dark souls pvp isn't skillbased. The only fun pvp are invasions/coop. The game already has bad connections, limited attacks, and bad weapon balance. Any youtuber who makes dark souls dueling videos is just too shit at actual fighting games. And that's why they all flocked to For Honor.

>morne gh powerstance

Post your delicious stats you beautiful human being.
If you're going Dark O&R I can also recommend picking up a Dark Sanctum Shield and SMS so you can buff your shield with shield magic using another shield.

>mfw snap freeze in Irithyll dungeon
There is no escape, fuckers.

It's not degeneracy if it's loving and consensual

He already did

Look at that damage

Shields in 3 are the weakest in the series, except for BB.

In 2, having the 100% reduction ones, specially gyrm, ready for swapping, coul shut down a lot of weapons.

In 3 they're okay, BKS is only that good because it has broken, near GS stats for such small investment, but they lack the gigantic reductions they had in 1 or any meaningful deflection.

Damn he'd have to pump another 10 levels in STR to wield the babies, what a shame.

>mfw walking through snap freeze because frostbite is a joke.

44 str GETTING THERE. It was a guts build I picked back up to try all the weapons with. And I mean ALL the weapons. Smiting archdorks for titties as we speak

>20int/20fth
No wonder he's only doing 1434 damage, my crypt clunker does way more than that at 30/30.

b-but slightly reduced stamina gain and increased damage taken

so, I don't wanna go over 40/50 str right for a str build where I'm heavy infusing my wep?

>Do Siegward's quest line
>Notice that Yhorm has a real face and his hood only makes it look like a hole
>Look closely at the giant in Irithyll dungeon and the ones after Pontiff near the Drang knights
>DS2 holeface
>Yhorm's armor isn't in DS3

Miyazaki's an absolute fucking madman

What's the most balanced Soul Arrow in terms of speed and damage? The arrow in between Farron Dart and Soul Spear?

DaS1
>garg helm
>knight shield
>drake sword
>chain armor

DaS2
>drangleic sword
>drangleic shield
>drangleic armor
>vengarl helm

DaS3
>irithyll straight sword
>grass crest shield
>pisspants armor

Why do newfags have such poor taste?

>Yhorm's armor isn't in DS3

Cut content because it looked horrible.

What is the difference between holeface giants and normal giants? Some kind of chaos/abyss/deep/etc corruption?

pisspants?

also idk drangleic armor looked pretty rad, though it was certainly overused.

Never explained. DaS1 giants didn't have hole faces, they just looked kind of neanderthal but the texture was flat.

Fallen knight set. Read the pants description.

>every covenant name except for dorkmoon displays properly in your character stat page

It really does seem like darkmoons are just an elaborate joke in DaS3.You will truly only find this advanced meta-level lore from a mastermind like Miyazaki