I'm a euro and I'm considering buying a 2005-2010 mustang. What problems should I be aware of...

I'm a euro and I'm considering buying a 2005-2010 mustang. What problems should I be aware of? What year would be the best to buy?

>What problems should I be aware of?
Being poor

4.6s make no power, and mods are difficult

Displacement tax

>Shitty handling, no power from v6 or 5.0, looks like shit
Be a real man and buy Mopar or GM faggot

slow
bad handling
bad interior
bad economy
bad overall quality
pigfat
4.6 garbage thats slower than a V6 Mustang from 2011

why would you even

I'm 19, give me a break.
I just like the modern muscle car look, if you've got better suggestions for muscle cars in the 10-15k price range, I'll be glad to hear them.
Like I said I actually like how they look and I think bad economy is just a thing that comes with american muscle cars.

Yeah he should get an M3 for 3 times as much

I think the 2010 Mustang is when the 5.0 Coyote came out. If possible, you'd definitely want that one. It makes like 135 more HP than the previous model's engine. The other GT's are worse than today's V6 models.

i'm curious, why do you want a mustang from that era? the v8's were mere 4.6's and only have 315 hp

the new 5.0 has 412hp
the new 3.7 v6 has 305hp

although, the one issue is the facelift in '14 but it's negligible

Because money I'm guessing

And it's easy to make more power from the 4.6l V8 than it is from the 3.7l V6

I don't like the fox body design and I don't have the budget for anything past 2010.

Veeky Forums isn't the best place to ask about anything muscle car related, especially mustangs

we have a lot of fox body and 3rd gen camaro owners, user

>What problems should I be aware of?
Making turns

well, i meant in terms of getting your money's worth.

from 05--14 were the 5th gen mustangs
but 05-10 have the inefficient engies
and from 11-current 6th gen models have the engines i was talking about

5th gens (s197) still have the live axle and it's curb weight is unchanged, i think.

The facelifted ones are heavier, and as mentioned before its easier to make more power out of the old V8 than the new V6

Also torque

Alright, I understand that the 6th gen models might have a better bang for my buck, but I won't be able to afford those anytime soon. I'm fine with having a less powerful engine if it means I still get to drive a muscle car for

i'd get a cobra new edge
the 2005-2009 era is ugly af imo
or like other user was saying v6 2010 or 2011

Mustangs arent even muscle cars

Own a 2006 GT myself. It's pretty fun.

Be aware that the alternators on these things are fucking shit and go bad all the time. I was doing some research and apparently they're notorious for it.

v6 2011+ mustang is around 12k usually and low miles.

Honestly don't bother though. Mustangfags are the worst and they will insult you for not buying a V8. Better off with a 2012+ Camaro v6 because those niggers don't really care about v6/ss as much AND you get even better bhps/torque from the GM engine. It's faster than the v6 mustang essentially, though the mustang is no slouch. You buy the 2013+ mustang v6 because it's a sexy looking car and girls love it, not for it's strength.

Also you get better gas mileage, a much nicer trim than the 2005-10 mustang, cheaper insurance, and those sequential turn signals everyone likes.

You really need to consider these v6 before jumping on the v8 bandwagon at fucking nineteen years old. You are gonna be poor as fuck if you buy a v8. 18-30 are your years to build a foundation for the rest of your life and living expenses are going to eat up your whole budget.

Think about your future and buy a newer v6.

>getting any mustang past 3rd gen
What are you doing

>getting any Mustang past 1969

ftfy

>getting any Mustang

Thanks for the constructive advise, unfortunately 2012+ camaro's start at the 25k euros here from what I can see. The supply of imported mustangs is a bit higher and so they are cheaper. But I guess you might be right about jumping on the v6. If I can find a decently priced Camaro in the states I might just pay ~1500 and import one myself.
In fact after while writing this post I've looked at the american ebay and I would save myself like 6k-7k euros by importing. The newer models are suddenly within my reach. Would you recommend a v6 2012+ camaro or a v6 2011+ mustang? I don't really care about what mustangfags think of me.
I'm not really digging how the cobra new edge looks and I think the 05-09 mustangs look great. Matter of taste I suppose.

Oh right I forgot you were euro. There might not be any v6 stigma in euroland so you just get whatever you prefer.

But on paper the camaros are faster. GM got their shit together after obama's bailout.

For fuck sale, DO NOT, And i repeat, DO NOT BUY A V6 MUSTANG FROM THATS NOT AT LEAST A 2011MODEL.
People here are confusing the 2010 model which had a facelift but the old engine with the 2011 when the Mustang got the 5.0 Coyote and the 3.7 Cyclone.

The 5.0 is ducking great with lots of power but the V6 makes 305 hp (5go more than the 4.6 V8 but less torque) and both have 6 speeds manuals transmissions (2005 to 2010 have only 5 speeds) and a MUCH BETTER suspensions, if you can, look for a perfomance packaged Mustang v6, it handles pretty good even compared with the GT (Less weight) and you can easily make power with the 3.7 although the V8 is much better in that aspect.
Both are good cars but if you go for a v6 keep in mind, if you choose a base model it may feel a little bit sluggish because of the long gears (2.70 for fuel efficiency) but you can put some 3.31 or 3.55 to make it feel sonic fast.

3.7 V6 2012 Mustang is faster and has more interior space, plus you can actually see out of it.

Pic related my interior

Did you really buy a 6 speed v6 mustang? What in the fuck are you doing m8.

What the duck are you doing you mean

I'm not phone posting right now.

Cost me 9k, it was a hell of a deal if you ask me.
Don't you want a 305hp manual machine user?

its ok but the very idea that the recaros cost 1/3 the price of your car irks me

Best year for a 2005-2010 mustang? 1972

Recaros are the Beats by Dre of the Car world when it comes to seats.

U wot m8?

2011 is when the 5.0 came out.
it made 412hp until 2013 when it got bumped to 420hp and then bumped in 2015 to 435hp.

I'm new to Veeky Forums, but I bought a 2014 mustang gt with roush exhaust

what can I do to make it more better and faster?
what is a good brand of supercharger?

Please stop

And put suspension mods/tires/swaybars etc.
Power is the last thing you should focus on.

It has roush suspension and it has nice tires

what is the problem with more power?

People usually put more hp/toeque without a propper suspension that's able to handle it.

You should see if your suspension is good enough to handle a supercharger.

On a side note, put a tune, BOSS 302 intake manifolds and a better air intake (this are useless unless you have a tune), also look for drivetrain mods, very good investment if you want a better 0 to 60.

>put a tune

like take it to a shop?

You can buy a tuner and use tunes provided by the maker or use custom tunes. I recommend MPT tunes.

Am I a retard for not trusting tunes from these companies?

No, you should never trust a company just because some user from Veeky Forums says so, but MPT has a good reputation when it comes to Mustang, you should do a little research to see if it's the best for you.

Now, you shouldn't worry about the flasher itself, its just a machine that loads tunes to the car.

are bama tunes a meme?

Nigger are you serious. 11-14 V6 mustang vs 10-15 v6 Camaro, stock vs stock, mod for mod, the mustang is faster.

You dun did gud son.
Performance pack? Great starting point.

MPT is great, love their 93 race tune. Only thing is they became pussies and wont turn off the rear o2s anymore when you get longtubes. Need to use cheaters

Thanks user, and yes, it has the performance package. Coming from an auto 2005 mazda 6, i love it.

That interior is laughably bad. It reminds me of a work truck.

Ford has always been, and always will be like that

what is pigfat

If you want a mustang I'd say get the 2010 and get the v8 option if you can.

Perfect. Mines a base and I just swapped out the 2.73's. Should have gotten a PP or just a base with the 3.31s to begin with

I owned a 2007 Mustang GT from 2007 until 2016 when I sold it. I have mixed feelings about it that eventually became negative. I'll lay out the pros and cons:

>Pros
Lots of power, lots of speed
the 5-speed is very fun
easy to work on, mod and add power
decent interior look
affordable price used

>Cons
factory defects (if you get the water leak you're fucked)
kinda rattle-y, cheap plastic and parts that rattle easily
fucking cheap car overall, they cut corners to keep the price down
likely won't hit 150,000 miles without significant problems, you'll never hit 200,000

Mine had the infamous water leak. Ford covered it the first time, and refused to cover it when it came back (CAUSE THEY FIXED IT WRONG THE FIRST FUCKING TIME, DESPITE AN EXPLICIT BULLETIN FROM FORD TELLING THE TECHS HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM). The water leak fucks the wiring, the car never smells the same. I think 06, 07, 08 mustangs can all have it.

Also my sparkplugs snapped off in the cylinder, and my ebrake snapped. Ford covered neither.

After the water leak came back, and the dealership denied covering the repair I hit the fucking roof. I called Ford Corporate, told them my story, and they still refused to cover it.

I told the rep this "ma'am I'm going to sell this car, and buy a Honda. I will never buy another Ford in my entire life and I will tell all my friends and family not to buy a Ford".

And that's exactly what I did.

I think you just got unlucky, from what I've heard they're not supposed to fall apart at 200,000 miles. But I guess the water leak sped up the process. How did you even sell it with all those problems anyway?

These problems are scary, man.

no the quoted user btw

the 5th gen is kind of the ugly duckling of mustangs in my opinion. its the growing pains betweent the new edge generation and the current gen. I think as an euro you be better served getting a new edge and doing performance upgrades to it. the interior is just as plasticky tho. Depending on your budget I would suggest grabbing any cobra in your price range or a mach 1. New edge is the new foxbody (RIP their dirtcheapness)

2011-2014 tho

New edge don't even look like mustangs.

>as an euro

stopped reading there

What water leak are you talking about?

More importantly, people fuck up the sparkplugs on mod motors all the time, mostly user error.

The E brake problem on this body style has to do with the rubber covering the e brake cable rotting out. Moisture gets in and lets it freeze, and it can get stuck on or off

>im going to buy a honda
Please, save all the v8 cars for us

>4.6s make no power, and mods are difficult
You obviously know nothing about mustangs.

This is a good point, foxbodies go for ls1 or n/a cobra prices nowadays, or even for the past few years.

The base new edges are disliked by most for not looking like the retro versions, understandably, and the 2v is not a good starting point for an n/a build.

The interior is a carry over from 94-98 also, and looks horribad.

But considering price, a 99 gt for 5 grand should run low 13s with bolt ons, and be very reliable.

People complain about shit like interior rattle and bad sound insulation (the car is cheap and light) but they may not realize the car is capable of many 100s of thousands of miles on the motor. Just keep the oil clean and over 5-6 quarts. Youd be amazed how many people let it burn too much oil or get sludged up.

you fucking degenerate

Honestly just spend some time with the car and see what you don't like. The ridiculous thing is cool for novelty but it makes the cars hellish to drive. 435+ hp is more than enough to get yourself in a lot of trouble on the street. Get a short shifter and find out your rear axle ratio.

U wot m8.
Come say that to my face.

>considering buying a 2005-2010
haha. don't buy anything made past 2000.

The side and rear look fine, but if you compare the front to 1st/2nd/5th/6th gen they just look wrong.

>haha. don't buy anything made past 2000.

not even a 2011 or 2014 musgang gt premium?

For American muscle, you want to go back to the 70s.

modern muscle to me means the 90s. By the time you get in to the 2000s, you're going to deal with plastic shit, and engines gimped by emission jewery.

The mustang is pretty cool looking though. Like a clean toy car.

>Being this dense
Have fun dealing with rusted frames and thousands of dollars in restorations.

Do it OP. Any model from 2011 to 2014 is good, even the v6 engine (with the performance package or 3.31 gears and a manual trans).

>rust
almost forgot that was a thing.

agreed. i loved my 69 nova, got into an accident and the insurance company insisted on totaling it :( . i really want a camaro of the timeframe (back when i was a kid in the early 80's my aunt had an SS that i can't remeber the year, and i loved it. i would love to have one like that one)

You might prefer the 70s muscle cars, but if you're looking a cool daily driver you're way better of with a current gen mustang.

Jokes on you, I'm an illiterate amerifat
I will fight you

>if you're looking a cool daily driver
right, that's another thing I totally forgot about, and ignored in my post.

Probably cause I have a favorite car which I do not drive often.

Can't speak for all of Ford but yeah Mustang's interior have been shit unless you get the Bullitt

New edges are shit, even the 2017 mustang looks better

Which Mustang model is the best and why?

Read the thread.

t. OP

you should be aware of drivers like me giving you condescending looks on red lights while at the same time feeling kind of sorry for you and your small cock.
Importing muscle cars to yurop is fucking gay.

What's so gay about it?

idk i just think its really decadent to import a car with insane mpgs (compared to euros) for a ton of dosh just because it is considered "masculine" and appears in a ton of action movies and shit.
Its not even like it would be fun to drive it on european roads.

But hey, you do you, I was just being retarded for keks.

>Its not even like it would be fun to drive it on european roads.
>autobahn
Importing used american cars isn't even that expensive if you don't get them too new, by the way.

You're thinking of the 2 valve in the SN95. The 3 valve in the 5th gen make much more power, and has good headroom for mods. Coyote's still better, though.

>Straight Line no speed limits

I own an 05 mustang and experienced the water leak issue, however if you're mechanically inclined in the absolute slightest it can be fixed DIY really easily

The problem lies in the drain port for rain water in the plastic box that also houses the cabin air filter
The port gets clogged with leaves, and the water seeps in through the cabin air filter (which is why your interior probably smelled like moldy rain water)

If your car hasn't been affected by the issuse yet, it can be prevented by cleaning out that drain port when you change your cabin air filter as you should every now and then, some people even drill extra holes but I don't think it's necessary.

If your car has had water leak onto the SJB, things can get weird. Electronics in the car will go haywire and you'll likely find the car with a dead battery often.

My fix was simple though, I just took out the SJB, cleaned out the electrical contacts with isopropyl alcohol and stuck the whole thing in a bag of rice for a few days.

Voila, two years and I've had no problems since.

These cars have their problems as any car will, but in my experience they have been cheap and easy fixes for anyone with a bit of know how

If you honestly depend on the dealer to take care of all the problems on your 10 year old car, take the bus.

>buying a ford
>have to be mechanically inclined
I'm good.

OP I'll give you a few reasons to get an 05-09 GT over a 3.7L V6 like some people are suggesting, and I'll let you decide if it's the right car for you

>Faster
yeah the newer V6 makes around the same power, but less torque. The older V8's will edge them out in a race given equal conditions (including rubber)
>Cheaper
For the price of the SHITTIEST 2011+ V6 on the market, you can find a really nice 05-09 GT that's been taken care of, leading to my next point
>Easier to find one that's been owned by a caring enthusiast
People by V6's to daily drive and beat the snot out of. It's way easier to find an older GT that has been cared for by a mature owner who garaged it and did maintenance on time.
>Better suited to modifications
Now I'm not sure what your plans with this car are, but if you plan on keeping it a long time you'd be better off with the older GT.
The 05-09 GT comes with a rock solid engine and drivetrain, the Tremec TR3650 5-speed is just as strong if not stronger than the MT82 they used in the coyote mustangs.
The party trick of the 05-09 GT, is that when the 4.6 reaches the end of it's life, a coyote will drop straight in and bolt up to the current drivetrain with ZERO issues.
Even the 4.6 can really get woken up with the right set of bolt ons for cheap, while the 3.7L V6 is high strung for what it is and you won't see any gains unless you boost it.
>Subjective stuff
The sound
The sound
The sound

Hope this helps OP, I've owned two mustangs from this generation and both have been great cars for the money. They don't have many issues and all the issues they do have are easy fixes. Good luck

>I can't undo two screws and remove some leaves
kys

>People by V6's to daily drive and beat the snot out of
>find an older GT that has been cared for by a mature owner who garaged it and did maintenance on time
This is all subjective as well.

not saying there aren't people who buy a V6 and take care of it, or that there aren't people who daily and beat the shit out of their GT's.

but in general, I find it's easier to find GT's that have been taken care of vs V6's.

my GT likes it when I go in her dry

I agree with your points, but have one thing to mention about the v6 being high strung...

Anyone can look at mildly or full bolt on'd cyclone 3.7s and see they put down like 320rwhp after mods. I'd prefer the 3v 4.6 as well, but the 3.7 can keep up N/A. It also peaks power at 5k, stretches to 7k, has good gearing that keeps ya there and a short first. Still, the 4.6 is understandably less strained and certainly has more down low umph (lots of experiance pushing both cars here) . 2015 and up cyclones get forged rods and crank as well, just look at the dudes on YT with the turbo 2011 body v6. Its destroying modded gtrs with stock pistons/bottom end/top end. Its running nos, but still...

V6 also gets really good mpg, for those who need that. At least from my testing it can hold 40+ mpg at 55 mph on 87.

3v GTs are cheap right now, wheras 3.7 2011 and ups are dropping but usually cost more. In the future the price brackets will probably flip imo

Being a burger cuck and not being able to steer. Just get a Euro car m8, hope someone has said this already.

we built a 4.6
made 705 rear wheel.

mmr for the win

Coyotes are still better

This is a valid point

2011-2014 V6s also have a way better suspension and interior and desu, I like the clutch better on the MT82 trans, and 6 speed > 5 speeds IMO.

>coyotes are still better
no shit they're more expensive for a reason

>2011-2014 V6s also have a way better suspension and interior and desu, I like the clutch better on the MT82 trans, and 6 speed > 5 speeds IMO.

suspension? no they're the exact same, unless you go performance pack on the V6 but even then it's a hardly noticeable upgrade
interior? subjective but most will agree the newer interiors are nicer.

You won't gain any fuel economy with an mt82 over a TR3650, their overdrives are almost the exact same. Between first and fourth gear the ratios are also very similar, the MT82 just has an extra step between direct and top gear, which serves no use for any performance or economy purposes.
Literally just for retards on the internet like you to go
>hurr muh 6-speed >>> 5-speed because more gears