What is the best C-SUV ever, and why is it the Subaru Crosstrek?

What is the best C-SUV ever, and why is it the Subaru Crosstrek?

Inb4 buttmad manlets say Mazda CX3 with no ground clearance or room inside for anybody besides manlets and babies.

>posts a modded subaru
Honestly i would trust the CX3 to get me down the road.
Subarus fall apart if they touch dirt

Except its the HRV. LITERALLY. Look at the sales numbers. Best how?
>Subaru will fall apart in a few years
>Mazda will fall apart in a couple years
>Both subpar
>Both will lose resale quicker than most.

>honda
>in charge of build quality
Kek
Mazdas dont fall apart.
Subarus on the other hand...

Also its literally the best small car you can get on the market today that is in fact still a SMALL car.

buying a crosstrek is literally paying thousands of dollars for a badge on the back of the car. At least the outback sport had a 1" lift, the crosstrek is like a northface jacket, you only buy it because you want your friends to think you're "outdoorsy"

Great if you live and drive somewhere where the roads are a bit rough

However
>ride is terrible on asphalt
It feels stiffer on asphalt than my damned Hilux
>CVT is shit-tier
Get the manual
>1.6l petrol is severely underpowered
2.0 or the diesel is what you ought to pick
>interior feels a bit cheapish
>rear view camera screen is stupidly small and essentially useless
>quite thirsty

How? Previous Subarus only 'fell apart' when i flogged the piss out of them

Subaru Crosstrek is great. Me and my gf test drove one, and an Impreza Wagon. There's literally no reason to buy the Impreza. The thing handles amazing, great MPG, and AWD is pretty awesome to accelerate in a turn.

I like how they use the Impreza lights and stuff.

>Mazdas don't fall apart?
Come on dude...GET REAL....all the mazdas I see on the roads are current generation. What does this tell you?
> Nobody is buying new and just leasing
>They aren't lasting long enough.

I agree though the early HRVS are plagued with fit issues. Leaking seals from rain, paint issues. I think the engine is built in japan but the body is built in Mexico like everything else is today.

>because i see it, it must be universally true
Moron.
Tons of old mazdas on the road.

Having an opinion makes me a moron
>Mazda fanboy detected.

You actually like crossovers?

Crossovers are actually excellent choices for fiscally strapped / new car buyers. They tend to attract a more conservative market and the quality ( for the most part ) reflects this. Same can be said for boring mid sized sedans though.

> AWD isn't standard
> fuel economy is worse
> less ground clearance
How exactly is it better?

It has the same ground clearance as an Outback with better angles for off-road and the same AWD system, and next year will have X-Mode and active torque vectoring. Plus it has a mechanical e-brake for sweet drifts in the snow.

>needing the e-brake to drift in the snow

>if I put slightly bigger A/T tires on my car, it's an offroad worthy vehicle!

For 99% of activities yeah.
Why not?
They arent rock crawling

>trailblazing
>offroading

S U B A R U
A Z T E C

>drooling frogposter
Nice self portrait

AWD and traction nannies make initiating sweet drifts harder than in the Jeep. E-brake = instant sideways.

>he said as he put A/Ts on his big Camry

So how many of you lesbians own one?

Why not?

I do. I love everything about it. Except I wish it was higher up, had a better approach angle, had more power, and better aftermarket support. But, coming from a Jeep, it's overall better for what I do 99% of the time.

>Doesn't know what real world mpg is

>owns a Crosstrek
>gets real world 31.5 combined mpg, and up to 38 sustained on the highway.
>performs better than advertised
>mfw

It a lifted wagon, not a crossover.

Outback is a wagon
Crosstrek is a lukewarm hatch high up
Forester is a crossover
WRX is a drifty shifty
BRZ is a go fasty good turny
Impreza is a budget econbox lukewarm hatch low down
Legacy is your mom's car

>CUV
>Requiring ground clearance
I think you missed the point of that class of vehicles entirely.

The same fucking thread posted for the thousandth fucking time.

Made by some uninspired, attention starved user.

>C-SUV
>CUV
I think you missed an entire letter. It's important. It's the difference between car and cart.

>better aftermarket support

You do know that it's just an Impreza right?

>arguing over which lifted hatchback is best
>giant douche vs turd sandwich
they're all shit.

To be fair, I should have clarified that I meant more for the off-road side of it's function. There's maybe one actual lift kit you can buy for it, no bumpers, one winch mount, and one brand of skid plates. Consequently, every modded Crosstrek looks more or less the same. Just like the Jeep Commander, the vehicle has untapped potential that's hampered by lack of support.

Everything available for the Impreza is okay, but offers little that appeals to what I wanna do with the vehicle.

>no lifted hatch makes you happy
>why are you even here?
The living embodiment of "stop liking what I don't like" has graced us with his autistic presence yet again.

The CX-3 and Crosstrek are both CUVs. Hence the "cross" part of the name.

>Mazdas dont fall apart.
>Mazdas dont fall apart.

Enlighten me. What is the point, oh wise one?

Nice meme

Better for chauffeuring your bull around too, right?

I wish the Cx3 never existed and they just put all that work into an awd platform and threw it in the 3 and 6 instead...then maybe if we got their turbo4 too...oh too much to ask.

If that is what you perceive of my internet presence, sure. But what I aim to accomplish with the vehicle is in fact different.

For you see, a Jeep is a solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist. A Subaru is a handy device for when you're a tortured soul whose life is a trainwreck of sad compromises.

Get it yet?

Outback is not a wagon anymore. It's too big. It's a crossover now.

Says who? Some nobody grocery bagger peasant? Or wait, are we graced by one of THE high ranking CEO's of any auto manufacturer ever? I'm sure it's one, but not confident of the other.

You pick.

>my exact car

NO but after driving it, it's superior in every single way except exterior aesthetics. WHy cuck yourself with a smaller vehicle?

Because I don't need the storage space and prefer better MPG, handling, and power-to-weight ratio.
I'm not a family man, so a sedan or coupe makes way more sense.

You spelled Porsche Cayenne wrong, user