/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #475

''Chloe Ain't Free'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12253094
strawpoll.me/12253109
strawpoll.me/12352070

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
orph.link/lisgarchive
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max is #1

I just noticed the archive updated. Cool.
Good work to those who did it!

She sure is! And she deserves nothing but happiness with Chloe.

At the end of her adventure Alice is forced to make a binary choice: live in a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.

Fuck off.
We don't need the thread filled from start to finish with shitposting.

No, you fucking shithead troll. Quit ruining the comfy and go shit in your own bed.

The ending is like this:

> Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
> Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
> "I'm with my girlfriend in Portland."
> Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
> Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
> They end up living in Chloe's truck.
> After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
> Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle
> Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe
> Chloe is abandoned once again.
> Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
> Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
> Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
> Max wakes up.
> "Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town."
> Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.

BEGONE!!!

>those who did it!

I heard it was one person.

He did it with his imagination.

That wasn't cuddly either. How does Alice eat an entire human being inside the cage? Are their limbs pushed between the wires or are they lowered in like the cow in Jurassic Park?

Or is Kate Marsh feeding her chunks of human beings? What kind of church does she belong to?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

I knew it was one person in the past but I remember them saying they were looking for help or possibly considering handing it off. Not sure how often people check or use the archive but it's neat to have.
To be able to go back and relive some moments. If S2 is even half the ride S1 is then it will still be a wild one.

DELETE THIS

>orph.link/lisgarchive
>/lisg/ will have only 997 threads

aw shit

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

>half a dozen guys somewhere in France are drawing Season Two concept arts RIGHT NOW

>instaud.io/kVV
Gives me the feels listening to it. I go from laughing at the beginning to tearing up thinking about Chloe.

Combine them. Someone combine them, please.

Pretty sure that number an be expanded. Still a long ways off too so we can worry about it if and when we get there.

Hopefully we start seeing some concept stuff fairly soon. I know the focus is on Vampyr right now but after that it's probably gonna be shifted back to LiS.
Some time in October the game will be patched to fix the ending, take away the binary choice, and set up for S2's story

Wish there was more art of older Pricefield. The wedding stuff from last thread was fantastic.

Max and Chloe are dorks. One time, they went on a date and stopped at Build A Bear to make bears that looked like each other.
So they have something to cuddle with if they're apart for a few nights.
Times where Max is out for photoshoots or contests or when Chloe is doing her own business.

Gonna be slow tonight. Guess everyone is out with friends.

W-Wake up /lisg/!

>[Chloe lightly snoring and Max mumbling about the dream she's having (It involves her and Chloe sailing a calm sea and finding treasure)]
Goodnight, /lisg/. Stay cute and comfy.

Sure seems like people were bored during school so shitposting erupted

Maybe those who were doing it got banned or something. Or it was just one dedicated person changing their name over and over. Either way it shouldn't be allowed to rule the thread. Just ignore it or report it when it breaks rules.

I bought this game on sale months ago and just got around to finishing it. Boy it was way better than I thought it would be. Depressing as shit too. I liked Kate far more than any of the other characters desu.

What ending did you pick

Sacrifice Chloe, and after seeing the other shitty ending I have no regrets about it

>Guess everyone is out with friends.

Relax, there are no normies here.

>Sacrifice Chloe

I doubt they're working on a Saturday, user.

>My point was that he wouldn't catch her in the Dark Room because he didn't expect her to make it that far.
Pretty sure your point was he could have placed the Victoria folder as a trap for Max. Which is so absurd that double moons are more realistic a scenario.

And I repeat: Jefferson says he found out about Max from the video footage from the Dark Room. If he had only a sliver of a suspicion that she was onto him, he would have tried to get to her way sooner.

I will dismiss your theory and call it absurd, and your "facts" don't even start to paint a coherent picture. How does the bathroom incident connect Max to a CSI investigation on the Dark Room stuff that has them break into the school, Nathan's dorm, David's files, get Frank's client list? How would Jefferson think it does? For all we know, he didn't even know Nathan had drugged Chloe. This is all a giant, gigantic stretch that has no base in the game whatsoever, and if he really thought this teenage girl was suddenly investigating him more thoroughly than the FBI apparwently did and breaking open sources like that, he would have intercepted her way way way earlier at any of those points, and not rely on getting lucky that she goes from the Dark Room back to the junkyard and falls for the most obvious trap in the history of traps. Not least because we know ultimately she does not go there and busts him instead.

Nothing of what you say there follows. What are these connections between these people? David, Wells, Jefferson? The police covering up the bunker? You do know they bust it wide open in the game, right? How does anything go together? You are lining up half-truths as if they had any bearing on each other.

I really cannot grasp your mind. Even your constant shitposting makes more sense than that theory.

Thread's ded right now, might as well get into it:

>saw Max leaving the bathroom not long after Chloe and Nathan
They did not see Nathan or Chloe leave the bathroom. If David saw Chloe on school premises coming out of a room a fire alarm had just been triggered from, he would have spent the next couple hours giving her shit. If Wells saw Nathan leave the girls' bathrooms shortly after a girl came running out, he wouldn't have dismissed Max.

>Wells is connected to Jefferson
The former is the Principal and the latter the teacher, sure. That's their connection.

>David Madsen has a connection to Nathan
But we know he has nothing to do with the Dark Room stuff.

>He knows Chloe has been hanging around the junkyard, where Rachel is buried.
David does not know Rachel is buried there.

>Madsen keeps an eye on Chloe
She's actually the only person he has no data on, if I remember correctly. And of course he keeps an eye on her, because he suspects something is going on and he wants her safe. Does not mean he reports this to anyone, why would he.

>He notices something weird is happening to Max in Episode Two before the suicide attempt
Hm?

>a conversation that implies an inappropriate relationship between himself and a student
Ah, there's that Kate and Jefferson had an affair nonsense again. You do realize that conversation was had at the entrance of a full classroom, in the middle of a school corridor? It's really not significant that Max could have heard it, and your idea that it suggests an affair between the two is so unfounded I don't know what to tell you. Maybe this will kind of get to you: if he really did think that conversation was so damning for him that Max listening in on it would lead him to believe he has to get rid of her, he would have not only not had that conversation right in the middle of a crowded school, but surely, he would have changed the conversation to be less damning when he noticed someone was listening.

>He bumps into Max and Chloe before they steal Nathan's phone
He bumps into Max in the dorm yard where she lives. He had no suspicion that they are going to break into Nathan's dorm because they are now detectives a few steps away from finding out about the Dark Room. And even if we abandon all reason and assume he did, he'd have prevented them and not wait idly for them to bust him, and only then set a ridiculous trap that they ultimately not fall into. If he was such a mastermind that one or two little unconnected clues lead him to believe a teenage girl is successfully investigating his operation that has held through years and apparently FBI scrutiny, he would surely be mastermind enough not to wait until she has all evidence and rely on her not going to the police but into an obvious trap.

>Unlikely given that he sees him as a father figure
Nathan would definitely not tell Jefferson he fucked up so hard that another person he drugged woke up and is putting pressure on him, let alone that they were onto him if he did suspect that. He has been trying to get on Mark's good side ever since the Rachel incident, revealing to him that he fucked up again is the last thing he'd think to do.

>Wells and Madsen would have to neglect to mention
Jefferson can know about the gun accusation, but I can't see how this would lead him to suspect Max is going Sherlock on his ass now.

It's reasonable to assume he was increasedly concerned about Nathan's shenanigans if he does find out about the gun. That's it. That's all he has, and in some playthroughs not even that. Well, and the Kate thing if Max accuses Nathan in the Principal's office. He says something's been weird about Max that week. That's it. And if anything, since Max does suspect Nathan until the very end, if anything that would play into Jefferson's hands and plans, and not lead him to want to silence her. On the contrary, he would then look to help her investigation and encourage her to go after Nathan.

There's really no hint of a reason to believe Jefferson knew Max was investigating him, let alone onto him, and even if we do go crazy like that, and even go as far as assuming conspiratorial backgrounds like you do, he would have eliminated Max earlier, easier - or better yet, helped her investigation along and manipulated it to scapegoat Nathan as was his "masterplan". I don't even find an end to the reasons I could go into why this whole "theory" doesn't work out by any stretch. And again, there's outright confirmation in the game that he didn't suspect her when he says the Dark Room video surveillance is what he found out about her with.

And the idea of Victoria's folder as a trap is only even more absurdly absurd.

That all said, I do appreciate the sense for conspiracy, and it is possible dontnod did originally have more of a background set along those lines for it all. David, Wells, Jefferson, Nathan, the Prescotts - it is possible (and we have some spotty indication from cut content and so on) that there was more of a collusive connection here, that the Dark Room was more than the crazed obsession of a lone sociopath and his mentally unstable quasi-son. But it's just not in the game, and completely unreasonable to project into it.

Wells is a benign alcoholic principal that gobbles Prescott money and makes bad management decisions that will lose him his job. David is a PTSD-suffering, kind of stupid, kind of childish, kind of abusive step-father genuinely concerned about his daughter and students and he ends up busting Jefferson and the Dark Room. The police is not on any payroll, there's one cop we know keeps more of an eye on Nathan to keep him out of trouble, as a personal favour. Jefferson is a lone obsessed man, Nathan is his mentally unstable quasi-son, the Prescotts are not all-powerful, and while we have too little to say much about their involvement, as it stands, we have to assume Sean was just a criminally convenient plot device to justify all the ridiculousness of Mark and Nathan's shenanigans with, such as having those parties happen, giving Nathan an easy mil for a hobby bunker (or it was a money-laundering scheme at best), but not someone that had invested involvement with any of it. Why would he. I mean, sure, perhaps he liked the photos. That's already pure speculation.

>Jefferson is a lone obsessed man
*criminally retarded lone, pathetically obsessed man

>Nathan is his mentally unstable quasi-son
*mentally unstable edgy kid of a quasi-son

Not gonna let them off easier when I point to unfavourable personality traits of the other characters.

Friendly reminder Marshfield is 100% canon.

Good OP

Friendly reminder Pricefield is ∞% canon.

>Chloe's VA is shorter than Max's VA

really makes you think

Looking good and healthy, Lisa!

Prepare to get told why you made the wrong choice, betraying Max, and why such a choice would save no one.

The Bay Ending is like a tattoo you get when drunk. An idea you suddenly think is good and go through with.
But then it's clumsily done and looks retarded, it sticks with you forever and then you have to try to justify it whenever someone asks about it.

>2017
>Still bothering with Bayfags

Going out for the day. Have fun /lisg/!
Pricefield Cuteposting

Funny, because you fail to see that you are bothering with a Bayfag right there.

Have fun outside user.

>Which is so absurd that double moons are more realistic a scenario.
Since you started off on that note, it's safe to assume as usual that you're not taking my arguments in good faith. I'm not debating with a haughty, narcissist who misconstrues my points on a regular basis and acts like he's above discussion.

You've said you're here to have your points affirmed. If that's the case, go talk to a therapist. Please make good on your promise to not respond to my posts in the future.

Ha. That's kind of what I thought after my first play through. I woke up the next morning and all the evidence against the Bay theory rushed through my head. Still, that was mostly because I was upset that Chloe had died. It was more tragic than most films I've watched because video games grant a greater level of intimacy. Instead of watching characters play out the plot on screen, I made choices, had conversations with and solved a mystery with Chloe. The connection was much greater than to a well acted character in a film.

Ironically I used to dress like her when I was in a punk band. I'm starting to again since I bought some fan shirts.

Shit. I'm not alone on here.

>pic

>I'm not debating
Indeed. You like to accuse me of not discussing things, but it's always you that makes outrageous claims and fails to back them up or address any of the arguments I make against them, i. e. it is you that does not discuss anything.

You said it's possible the Victoria folder could have been a trap Jefferson put there for Max. I politely pointed out in one sentence that I "really don't think so", when I could have thrown into your face how utterly retarded that idea is. We were talking more cordially about the game, so I just left it at that. And then you replied with your "I don't know, here, take a look at this completely ungrounded and incohrent mess of a 'theory' that even if we did accept, would still not make that folder trap more reasonable" - if anything, it would make it even less so.

If you believe it was a trap and Jefferson knew about Max's investigation and suspected it to be more thorough than that of the FBI, go right ahead. Doesn't make me a narcissist to point out false things said about a game in a thread for said game. Nor did I misconstrue anything that would be relevant to that argument. You said Victoria's folder could have been a trap. I disagreed, you insisted, switching then into "Oh, but he didn't suspect her to ever get to the Dark Room, but he did know she was investigating him - how could he not! I mean, he says he didn't and his entire behaviour only makes sense if he didn't, but he totally knew, half of Arcadia did and covered the Dark Room up, it's all connected!". There's nothing to misunderstand or misportray about it. It's just utterly absurd.

I will look to keep that promise. Next time you say something ridiculous like implying Jefferson and Kate are a couple, I hope someone else will care to point out how insane you are. As you might have noticed though, hardly anybody else here cares. For better or (really) worse.

I will say that there could have at some point been the idea for dontnod that Jefferson was trying to manipulate Max and Chloe into thinking Nathan is the sole cuplrit, leading them to the party with the Victoria folder in the hope that they end up killing him. But that's not in the game, and even as speculation as to any of dontnod's potential intentions, would require tons and tons of rewriting to make any sense, and would then still not be reasonable. It would still be a´n unbelievably enourmous gamble just like in the game, because they could have just gone to the police with it all, as they ultimately did.

>As you might have noticed though, hardly anybody else here cares. For better or (really) worse.

Some of us do care. The issue is that there is kind of like a threshold of absurdity that once one's claims cross, they get piled together with the run of the mill shitstirring that happens here, and as such are not worthy of getting any response or time invested for one.

Jefferson and Kate as a couple is so beyond that threshold, it almost makes the usual shitstirring look like reasonable, sophisticated arguments.

quoting is hard

I get that, but with that claim in particular, I would have at least expected some of our Katefriends to throw some insults his way.

>Shit. I'm not alone on here.
Apparently not. appears to be a kind of Bayfag, so if that's not you, you have at least one partner in crime here.

What should the super power of the season 2 main character be?

Same as before.

Agreed. Time Travel.

I really want Max and Rachel and Jefferson versions of these.

Of course there is a Max!

No.

Or maybe not...
I remember watching the interview with Michel in December last year and he said they were trying ''new things''

>Jefferson
delet

Maybe he was talking about new binary tragedy options.

No more forced tragedies now.
They have a bigger budget this time.

How many people did Jefferson either directly or indirectly kill? How did he expect to keep getting away with it?!?!

What if Vampyr flops and they have to rush out season 2 to stay afloat?

>it's always you that makes outrageous claims and fails to back them up or address any of the arguments I make against them,
Nope. I've done so plenty of times, but you put more effort into twisting them to mean other things than taking them in the spirit with which they were said. I'm not debating with someone who resorts to cheap tactics and name calling straight away. You're self-absorbed and only interested in being patted on the back for your great thinking at best. At worst you're avoiding discussion after leaving an essay in an attempt to have the last word.

>Next time you say something ridiculous like implying Jefferson and Kate are a couple
I'm looking for a transcript of their conversation before Max approaches them. It's clear that they have more than a teacher-student relationship. Considering she was taken to the Dark Room, it's far from absurd.

>For better or (really) worse.
Jesus. Are you really that self-important to think these things matter that much?

Given the backlash against Dontnod sticking with a time travel ending, they could go two ways: something completely different or more time travel to prove to fans of the first season that they're not total screw ups.

Very nicely done.

They'll release information about LiS Season 2 around the time that Vampyr comes out to garner interest in the game.

What if they give the main character the power to turn into a spirit animal?

I think Ashley and Hannah are actually in love.

They're >pic related.

Ashley may be bisexual, but Hannah is obviously straight.

What makes you think so though?

They're detailed descriptions of tribadism between recording sessions.