My bf and I want to start living in an RV or possibly convert an old transit van...

My bf and I want to start living in an RV or possibly convert an old transit van. I'm not brain dead and I could wrap my head around a Haynes manual, so older beaters aren't off the menu. What are some Veeky Forums suggestions?

Already being considered:
>Chevy Astro/Safari (2WD, fuck the all wheel drive model)
>Ram ProMaster/Sprinter
>$5000 International school bus in running condition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8qBg_hPYIxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you going to stealth in the city or boondock inna woods?

>my bf and I
Gay?

I'm in Portland, OR so it'll be pretty urban. I'd be able to use places like Motel 6 for showering here and there, and a gym membership for shitting and piss bottles otherwise.

Oh you'r gay guys?
Then get pic related

Not OP but fuck those things, theyre meme taxed to hell.

This user knows
Fucking boomer hippies and their whole fucking "I KNOW WHAT I GOT MAN"

The patrician alternative to the Westfalia is the Toyota Hiace.

This or the Mitsubishi Delica which is 4WD and turbo diesel, you can get them through importers

Those things are rubbish m8

Fuck off m8
Uncle had one go 500k with nothing but oil changes

Neither of those exist in the US to my knowledge

Sure.
And my uncle works at nintendo

I said you have to get them through Importers, read the post you silly faggot

I don't give a fuck where your uncle works cunt
Mines Delicate went 500k with a few oil changes

I have an e250 with solar panels and 3 deep cycle batteries to power an AC, fridge, and cook top. Then things like chargers etc. It's easy to do, just do your research. For more living space, buy an old RV from the 90's and spend a LOT to fix every suspension/engine related issue, no matter how small. Trust me, you don't want to break down in the middle of nowhere. Or get an old retard bus. Lots of room in them and the diesels are good.

Saw a literally rusted through one. "$6k, they are rare! No engine, needs interior!!" HAHAHA idiots.

I do not understand the appeal of them at all, must be a boomer thing. Also they have fucking sub 100 horsepower so good luck going anywhere uphill.

You can swap a flat six from a legacy/SVX and they go like stink for being a Vanagon

I have to know the hippie version of "I know what I got"

>The skies open and produce moonbeams upon my vehicle in a field of kale as a loud voice from the skies booms "yooooooooooooo moaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn this is a crunccchy riiiide yooooooooooooooooooooooo"

I don't know why, but I read this in Tommy Ching's voice

Would I be better off running a gas generator when stopped to generate power rather than a deep cycle battery setup with solar? I wouldn't need power on the move at all.

Absolutely not. Are you a dumb person?

>should I get a loud generator that requires carrying cans of gas all the time
>or a few quiet deep cycle batteries

It's not 1985, they're not that loud or fuel inefficient anymore. A jerry can on the rear door is not going to ruin my life.

So you are literally a dumb person. I have a "quiet" generator. They are "quiet" like a leaf blower.
>I would rather carry a large generator and cans of gas than get 2 batteries and a solar panel that cost me nothing to run.

>wanting to hear nearly 80DB instead of 0DB

so peaceful, get a battery asshole.
youtube.com/watch?v=8qBg_hPYIxY

Unless you live in a sunless area, solar is pretty hard to beat.
However the new inverter generators are pretty amazing.
Super efficient and can run an ac unit.

>Me and my bf
>Want to live in a transit van
>Old beaters aren't off the menu
>Lives in Oregon

You couldn't sound gayer if you tried.

Not op. But same kind of question.

Is there any kind of shitter that would work in a van? I got wag bags for emergencies but id kinda like a toilet.

>any suggestions
Yeah kill yourself roastie

You know right that's a Fiat Ducato rebadged?

cassette toilet

This is of no issue in the free world.

>he thinks its a girl
Pathetic /r9k/ trash.