Considering the main audience of Porsche's 911 (auto-naïve people that want to show off wealth)...

Considering the main audience of Porsche's 911 (auto-naïve people that want to show off wealth), do you think their final sales would suffer if they made the lower tier 911s FR or front engined AWD?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584443/Porsche-recalls-latest-911-GT3-models-replace-engines-two-100-000-supercars-catch-fire.html
autoweek.com/article/car-news/911-gt3-recall-update-porsche-reportedly-replacing-all-engines
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

Give reasons.

auto-naïve people that want to show off wealth don't buy a 911 you dipshit

Probably have to redesign the car just to fit an engine in the front. Not cost effective.

>front engine 911
Please don't give me nightmares user

is right.
They already have a perfectly good design. Why would they go through all that engineering just to make a crap version that shits all over their heritage.
There's literally no reason to do what you said. No benefits.

This is the primary reason the Panamera and the Cayenne exist.

I don't see them much in North America, but when I lived in Europe tons of rich people who don't have a clue about cars would own one or for one of their wives.
No need to call me a dipshit, don't vent your life frustrations on me.

It would be expensive, but I doubt it'd be prohibitively expensive, and they'd get better safety ratings and rear trunk space, also spacious rear seats, this is what those people want without biting the panamera bullet.

They already did that. It was called 928 and a failure.

Why the fuck would they do that when they already make front engines and awd porches for normies?

>failure
>in continuous production for 20 years

>presumes to be able to tell enthusiasts from normies telepathically
>don't vent your life frustrations on me
Kek. Truly next levels of poorfaggotry. People who show off wealth here in Europe mostly drive enormous luxobarges or flashy exotics. Nobody really gives a crap about a Porsche, save for perhaps 918.

oh im sorry you are a very smart person giving such well argumented reasons why porsche has been doing it wrong all this time.

They should hire you and make you head of the marketing and engineering departement.

A Porsche is a flashy exotic, at least the newer models are.

No. people who want to show off their wealth buy Cayennes

Not where I lived, so that might be an issue based on location, it's presumptuous of you to think it would apply to all of Europe.
And I definitely am able to tell "normies" from enthusiasts, when I spoke to colleagues about their Porsches they were usually not all that enthused.

Excuse me? Do you even know a single thing about how VAG is ran?
It's almost a soap company drama with the boss being a control freak and disallowing new ideas.

Also if you actually read my posts you will find that I never said that "Porsche had been doing it wrong", I was giving suggestions and hypothetical scenarios, starting from the OP, no need to be so butthurt.

If you consider that it was meant to replace the 911 and Porsche almost went bancrupt during the 928 production run because they neglected the development of their brand core (the 911), it was a fucking failure.

It was never meant to replace the 911 it was built to augment the 911 for the American market (and in case rear engines cars were banned.)
If it was meant to replace the 911 they would have discontinued the 911 not sold them side by side.

Because they sell a Panamera? Like come on mate.

They didn't discontinue the 911 because it kept outselling the 928.

They aren't. They're commonplace in Western Europe and have a rather understated styling compared to most luxury sports cars.

>auto-naïve people that want to show off wealth don't buy a 911 you dipshit
lol yes they do. People who actually like cars don't buy those turds.

Several of the 911's have AWD options you low income animals

>a wild angry teenager appears

>AWD affects engine position
you're very out of touch with the discussion here.

>flashy for wealthy people
>literally a 90k car
Mate upper middle class can afford that.
I was going to mention that but he seems like he was specifically saying front engined with AWD.
This.

Are 911's really the great driving experience that they've been made out to be in pop culture?

yes

they're dogshit and too twitchy

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584443/Porsche-recalls-latest-911-GT3-models-replace-engines-two-100-000-supercars-catch-fire.html

autoweek.com/article/car-news/911-gt3-recall-update-porsche-reportedly-replacing-all-engines

They also catch fire if you look at them wrong

Probably because of the turbo addition desu, should've kept the NA models NA.

911 owner are pretty picky even tho most of them never bring them on a track and use them only to drive to work.

Thats the GT3

Lmao typical clueless poorfag

>two catch fire
>all models recalled
Meanwhile teslashit burning down left right and centre and no mass recalls Lmao

How many 911 owners do you know OP?

They already make lower tiered porsches that do just that.

So what exactly are you asking?