Anybody ever used bed liner to paint a whole truck? Any brand you would recommend...

Anybody ever used bed liner to paint a whole truck? Any brand you would recommend? Looking for good texture and good damage prevention

Also, general /painting your shitbox/ thread

Specific purpose? Just use rustoleum or something, bed liner is expensive.

It's a work truck

>Anybody ever used bed liner to paint a whole truck?

DON'T. FUCKING. DO. THIS.

don't listen to this guy, make your truck fucking invincible

I want to replace all the parts with black box material but it's expensive
Y tho

Bump

What could go wrong op

Buddy of mine ripped out the carpet and everything in his LC73 and covered the entire thing in bedliner

Apparently worked out quite fine

The problem with painting the outside is that you run the risk of getting miniature cracks in the liner over time, and as water/moisture seeps into it you'll either get rust or lose flakes of it... or both at the same time

Sounds dope, the whole interior?

"I spray painted my entire car with undercoating to prevent rust!" -every tard in this thread

Undercoatings and bed liner are different no?

The main reason I want to do bed liner on the bodywork is because rattle can looks so shitty

It looks okay if you hire a person to do it in a paintbooth or have some experience painting and have an expensive sprayer. If you rattle can an entire truck, it's going to look like shit because it's near impossible to get an even coat.

I've spray painted my sportbike. It turned out really well because I warmed the cans first and it aerosolized really well. I just wanted to do bed liner because it would be all weather and hold up to petrol

I've seen trucks that have been covered with it and the owners are happy...at first. After a while it would start cracking and chipping and look like total fucking ass and there's no real way to get it off.

Sportbikes are a lot easier to paint than full sized vehicles because they don't have large, flat surfaces that show inconsistency and overlap. If you do decide to spray it, put away a couple hundred to get a sprayer with a nice wide nozzle tip.

y tho

pretty sure its going to make your truck literally cook itself

Ok maybe I'll just go get a 300 dollar paint job at a mexishit place

>petrol
>mexishit

where the fuck do you live?

I used bedliner spray on some of the plastic bits (spoiler and mirrors) that had the clearcoat flaking off... It worked pretty good so far. I believe if you get the real stuff it weighs a fucking ton.

Texas

Houston / Austin?

Austin. Kill me senpai.

You can get an even coat with bedliner from cans, its not the same as regular paint

Its heavy, its expensive, and it looks stupid

It was a popular thing to do to s10s and Rangers when I was in high school. Its retarded and makes you look 15

What's so bad about Austin?

Houstonfag here.

My brother had a badass lifted 2001 Ram with American-sized mud tires that was completely painted with Rhino Liner. Looked pretty sick.

>Austin
Ayy

Traffic

>It's retarded and makes you look 15
Now I see thanks to

Undercoating is rubberized but doesn't completely harden, I use truck bed liner on my trucks grille, fills in small scratches and leaves a nice hard finish

>Anybody ever used bed liner to paint a whole truck?
You'll have no aerodynamics since there will be a lot of friction with airflow. Your MPG will go down from that. It is also heavy, so your MPG will also go down from that too.

Another problem is that a high-friction front end collects road grit and debris that embeds itself in the bed liner material. Your vehicle ends up as a mold spore generator so you cannot park it inside a garage.

Bed liner is thick, so any part of the body that has seams or trim will not be able to fit over it. This is a great problem because bed liner is so thick that it stops your doors from closing properly.

Bed liner will make your car look like it has black colored psoriasis. If that is the REVOLTING look you want, then go for it. Please remember that if it is a work truck, a nasty look reflects upon the company.

Your bed liner truck is ACTUALLY unable to park in my HOA neighborhood. It falls into the visually decrepit class of vehicles prohibited from parking on HOA property (it can park wholly inside a garage though). This is a consideration if you have friends you want to visit but cannot because they are in an HOA that has banned your vehicle.

Ok ok I get it. I'm just gonna get a cheap paint job and do the bed with bed liner.

Also, I don't think the rough surface has as much effect of drag as you think it does.

I guess it would depend on the truck itself, but you could always do the lower portion/areas that are likely to suffer the most damage.

The plastic bits on my Forester have been an absolute life saver.