U.S. Top Gear returns

new hosts are William Fichtner, Antron Brown. and some brit by the name Tom Ford.

Yay or Nay?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJP_B6W6I20
youtube.com/watch?v=SiwIgLE05jI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It would probably be too expensive unless they were truly onboard, but they need to just do Jay Leno, Jerry Seinfeld, and Tim Allen and get it over with.

i believe those are the new hosts, as many credible sources have confirmed.

youtube.com/watch?v=OJP_B6W6I20

kek

>William Fichtner

Mite b cool

who
who
who

at least I knew all 3 of the other hosts

tom ford was one of the hosts on fifth gear in the UK.

guess we'll have to see, the previous incarnation of US top gear took a while to get going but after a while the 3 hosts really gelled.

for that matter, i really enjoyed the latest episode of TG UK. skipped over the celebrity bits as usual though. wonder if it's a one-off or if it's actually improved.

youtube.com/watch?v=SiwIgLE05jI

So I guess that means that Mahone won't last long on the new season of prison break??

:(

>Antron Brown
Sign me up

N E G R O E S
E
G
R
O
E
S

The only one that sort of makes sense is Antron Brown.

The other two would never do it.

What happen to the old hosts?

>Minority quota
>Some actor I kinda recognize
>Literally who?

Is there a reason these 3 would be chosen? Did they have some previous meetings or any indication that they won't be utter garbage on camera together?

Fucking this
They would make it more focused on actual car shit and not just hotrod cancer

WTF i literally thought they'd googled the wrong tom ford (the YSL one)
he is unrecognisable

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO YOU'RE STEALING FROM

>unless they were truly onboard

I think the right executive producer could convince them to do it and have it not be totally about the money. Just mention how they could outdo British Top Gear (the current one, mind you)

>minority quota

Well, he's an actual drag racer with 3 NHRA championships, so not quite...

It took pretty much until the last season of Top Gear USA for the hosts to build up a rapport and have some chemistry on screen. They had the format down and anyone who kept watching past the awful first season and the pretty mediocre second would probably agree the show was not bad at all. It worked quite well. A better hit-miss ratio than New Top Gear or The Grand Tour.

So it seems odd to go with a totally new group. Maybe the old show, which was created by Top Gear's producers, was a casualty of them all leaving the Top Gear brand. But really it seems like they're rebooting something after they'd finally worked out the kinks. Maybe no one was watching, but who is going to watch this one?

Because top gear has always been about the professional abilities of its hosts.

Oh, except that Sabine was the worst possible UK host, and Tanner couldnt do shit without cue cards.

Doesnt strike you as just a little bit too on-the-ball PC that both revamps of the show include the token black guy? Not an Asian or an Arab or a girl.. A completely unknown black guy.

At least UK stole known car reviewers (+Joey) for S24 but it seems they just picked up this crew from a thrift store.

I can't imagine laughing AT any of those guys. Maybe Seinfeld but I really can't see any of them being too goofy.

garbage

YOU AN YA FRIENDS ARE DEEEAAAAD

aww. I'm gonna miss Ruttledge. Not gonna miss the other 2 though.

I think I'd watch a version of Top Gear that was truly unscripted. Maybe tastefully edited for TV (cut out boring builds or journey parts).

I'm imagining the current format of challenges, except with genuine surprise challenges. That's how the old ones felt (until later seasons).

THEN you get some bigger TV personalities, people that know how to act and do a bit of improv, and hope for the best. What old top gear had going for it is that even the scripted bits "felt" unscripted (mostly) and sometimes it was. Maybe they can emulate that by literally being unscripted, and just kind of surprising some good TV hosts.

Top Gear USA wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough to cancel it and replace it with these goofs.

They need a full cast of people that are already part of the car scene. Adam Carolla, Jay Leno's mechanic, etc

Scotty Kilmer

Scotty Kilmer
Doug DeMuro
Faze Rug

the dream team

>A completely unknown black guy.
>the most well known racer in top fuel
????

>expecting people to know someone from a subsection of an unpopular subsection of motorsport
>expecting that someone to be any good on camera

>NHRA
>unpopular subsection of motorsport
Do you even America bro? Top fuel drag racing is one of the most popular forms of racing in the us, only seconded by NASCAR

because who the fuck outside of flyover states has ever given a shit about drag queen racing

its funny because its huge on the east and west coast too

goddamn could you try any harder to cover up your ignorance

wew LAWD

rip that man

>Tom Ford

oh boy get prepared for literal homosexuality

who the fuck decided that talentless fucker would be a good car host

Dude I live in socal and I see NHRA spec drag cars almost every day.

>the most well known racer in top fuel
That explains why no one has heard of him
Whos the most known monstor truck driver? kek

probably Tom Meents, driver of Maximum Destruction. He's kinda weird though.

>MAX-D
kek

>not Anderson
>not Chandler
I agree Meents is up there but he's hardly the most famous.

I'm sorry for your loss on both accounts.

>REV UP YOUR ENGINES
>BUMER-TO-BUMPER-WARRANTY
>WATCH ME PRANK MY MOM
idk man

>tfw never gonna be a top gear style show with these guys

Dennis Anderson. Duh.

Its a car show so I will watch it till it sucks. But as a Velocity channel fan I never unferstood why at least one member of the Top Gear team wasnt a mechanic. They have a funny guy a stats and facts guys, why not a mechanic?

Lookin at the shitty parts in a Fiat. Those epic road trips with roadside fixing. Those challenges where at least one car comes fully set up and makes it out in one peice.

It can't just be angry retard, angry retard and whatever the fuck Bubbles is. James being normally collected, intelligent and dry synergizes well with Clarkson being a loud, angry moron. Thinking about it Clarkson overlaps with Hammond too much

>US Army
>Toyota
>Matco Tools

I didn't even need to google to see what series he races in.

>tfw I actually liked Foust, Wood, and Ferrara

If they hadn't copied TGUK in episodes so much they could have really taken off. Their chemistry was just starting to get good.

IDK who they are

Actually would be on board with that.
Other than Matt I thought their most recent series was a 4/10 at best.

i genuinely didnt know the uk version was still going on.
ive been binging the older top gear on amazon, i love it. i love the grand tour also, those guys are awesome.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO YOU'RE STEALING FROM?

YOUANYAFRENSARDEEEED

They should replace william with Jim Sterling.

>they need sponsors
No, it will NEVER be good. Because the cars they test are the same that pay for ad space. You can't be honest. It's why I have never trusted a magazine that reviews stock cars. They have incentive to be nice.

>NHRA
LOL also known as
>hit the gas better than the other guy
racing.

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN HUH

Should get remade on netflix

and get adam corolla, matt farrah, and a random young guy that likes car to balance it out