Where do you guys drive to when you go on late night cruises with the window down?

Where do you guys drive to when you go on late night cruises with the window down?

Lately I've just been driving 60+ miles straight on the interstate until I start wasting too much gas then turn around, driving 120 miles altogether. I just like the freedom I feel when I do it, but looking for places to drive to when I do this stuff. Where do you guys usually go?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/41310/rugby-sevens-hongkong-african-women-thieves-gangs/?iid=ent-article-mostpop2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

look on google maps for twisty roads without too many intersections

usually to some bar or a restaurant that work all night, do circles around local lake or go to the bridge over one river which is a suicide spot (sadly never met anyone there)

only late at night though, otherwise its full of traffic like rvs and shit

My car isn't very fast but I like pushing it on this little stretch of road late at night. It's close enough to my school so I just pass by before going home or if I'm feeling stressed out or something
The green part doesn't have many as many lights either and with the beach right next to you it's pretty cool driving with the window down
there's also a little spot under the bridge at the bottom where cars can park and you can walk around by the water, also very chill at night

but yeah by the beach is the best

When I lived in Melbourne I liked driving downtown in the middle of the night, or up to Mount Dandenong.

Don't lose hope, user. One day you will rescue that 10/10 cutie and make sweet love to her.

>he lives in cuba

I´m living at a small touge with a too high speed limit.
I often drive my motorcycle there.
It is basicly like mt. akina in smaller (even the corners are fucking small)

i try to get to a certain point like the top of a large hill or something and take as many side roads as i can

>Wasting gas
>Emitting emissions
>Polluting our earth
Fucking shitlords, show some respect.

Where do you live?

I don't usually drive anywhere because the fact that my state has just about zero corners makes me depressed and not want to put on miles. I like my miles to be worthy and full of fun memories

>driving downtown in the middle of the night
Patrician tier desu

I just want to gun it down the freeway but radar guns are everywhere

Don't ever get a ticket while doing that, gotta save tickets for when you actually need to get them. Doing 140 mph down the interstate just to cool off is not worth a license suspension and jail.

Top tier is if they still have the fuzzy sodium vapor streetlights. B A S E D

LED streetlights make me feel like I'm driving through a 7/11

I did 156mph in a corner and that shit is legal here.

yeah but at least I don't gotta worry about being arrested by shariah police

not bad

>sharia police
That´s a meme.

friendly reminder that this poster could be arrested for that post and sentenced to 30 years in german prisons with millions of violent ISIS battle hardened refugees

KEK, they only do this on Fagbook.

Nothing better than Autobahnstormen. Mid night club was right, max velocity is where it's at.

It's a shame you're probably more likely to hit an IED in Germany than in Iraq or Syria.

Spotted the jealous burger. Enjoy your 50 mph highway speed limits

Enjoy

Speed limit here is 70, commiefornia
65 in cities

You sure that his bus can hit 50?

Enjoy your rampant racism, sexism, and homophobia!

Sure thing

>niggers and shitskins
>in Bavaria/Tirol

Samaritan fumigation everyone.

>>>implnyign

Usually I hit the hills around Plorpland for some of that hektik touge shit, but sometimes it's really nice to go down 84 thru the gorge, maybe stop by Multnomah Falls, then come back via 30.

Good thing Veeky Forums is a local cat adopting forum for indonesian retards or otherwise we'd have no idea what the fuck you just said

Kill yourself my man

Most I go at night is across town to get fast food, it's fun but sadly too close to home. Working on college shit so I don't have that much time, but when I leave for home I do a ~400mi drive at night and it's the fucking best, no traffic and few cops it's great

Wow. Nice.

>implying

This. There's a street in my city that's the most popular strip for nightlife, in the summer that's where the boomers go and just drive up and down the strip.

>Summer nights
>Windows down
>Listening to Beach Boys or Jan and Dean
>Cruising past the nightlife with the other classic cars

I love summer.

>being this jelly

>>Cruising past the nightlife with the other classic cars
>being that young fag with the classic car

do you realize how cancerous you look?

Sometimes, as far as I can go, other times I just drive around the city trying to find places I haven't been to.

I know a few mountain passes and dirt roads, it makes for good road trips in the middle of the night. I usually do it when I feel really down. I've been through a pretty rough relationship with a girl lately and I've been thinking of leaving for a weekend on the road.

lol

It was cheap and it's fun to wrench on, why are you angry?

Not angry

>tfw mum asks where i'm going at night
>tell her that I'm going for a drive to relax
>she keeps thinking i'm meeting up with friends or girlfriend that don't exist

Minnesota so no tough3y

lots of hilly curvy roads though, you just have to pick a town that uses cops from a neighboring city, as they usually just patrol the city

a good rule of thumb is more farms = less popo

Good feel desu

Depends on how I feel.

It might be just from santa Rosa CA op over Calistoga Road, and back in Mark West Springs. Just enough to bend it around a few turns.

If I'm feeling that feel- it might be: Up Calistoga Road over to Calistoga, then Hwy 128 all the way to Hwy 101, then up Hwy 101 to Clover dale, then out 128 (again) to the Pacific Ocean at Mendocino, and ultimately Ft. Bragg. That' a haul, I had a 1980 RX-7 and it was awesome to carve up 128 between Cloverdale and Boonville.

Tfw i live near twisty roads in the mountains and by the coast overlooking the ocean and cliffside with a beautiful forest landscape

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Kek'd.
>Hey baby don't jump off
>I hate my life, my bf just broke up with me and I'm sick of tired of giving love but not receiving any in return
>*cool stick meme here* I know how you feel, to be all alone, and to ponder about life. I too wish to receive love. Say, why don't you step off that railing and allow me to give you a ride home
>You want me to get into that shitbox? I'd rather die a thousand death. *Jumps off bridge*
>Just another hopeless soul*drives home while break pads screech's the sound of painful love*

>not sharing an uber

Depends. 10 west is pretty much at random with state troopers in the corner. Nowhere else to really drive in twin cities. Love going down 252 though. Best batch of race track you got in the suburb plus people always want to race at those stop lights.

Every evening at the nearest railyard, there's a CSX intermodal train that departs around the same time. For the past few years I've gone there at least once a week to run with it, because there's a stretch of about 30 miles where the road runs very close to the tracks. Some segments they get split for a bit but then there's long stretches in which I can just drive alongside the locomotives up front and listen to the sounds of those massive 4,400 horsepower diesel engines. I enjoy it every single time and never feel like I'm wasting time or even gas.

(pic related)

No he doesn't, they don't have the internet in Cuba you fool.

Trainfags make me uncomfortable.

Maybe she thinks you're sneaking out to a gay bath house?

Doing loops is OK, but sometimes it attracts cops. I had one follow me for a good 10 minutes until I pulled into a Tim Hortons. He noticed I kept cruising around the same industrial park area, but I was really just looking for good shots. I do night photography so people think I'm creeping, but really I just want to be left alone.

>Trainfags make me uncomfortable.

Why?

It's such an unwholesome hobby. It's beyond weird. There's no end game, no point to it.

What's the point of a hobby besides enjoyment? It's not like automobiles, forever depreciating assets, are really any different.

From Paducah to Calvert city (Calvert is at the top of the map partially covered)
Through Calvert to grand rivers
Through grand rivers down the trace (the major backbone between the lakes) to dover, for a shorter trip hang a right just past the elk and bison Prarie at hwy 68. It'll take you all the way to Reidland (basically paducah). Golden pond planetarium is nice for a pink Floyd laser light show every once in awhile, it's not far from the 68/trace junction.
If going all the way to dover hang a right at the t (73 maybe) go over the bridge, take the first right for the scenic way home.

We usually just pick a direction and head out, there're many good drives out here. Livingston Co around smithland used to have a really nice stretch just north of smithland but they smoothed it out a few years ago.

Illinois i24 and i57 have nice straightaways if you like sustained high speed driving. 24 in western ky has a couple good high speed straights but the majority of the areas roads are to curvy.

However, I24 from Western ky to Nashville is fun at any speed, especially once you get down into tennessee. About 30 miles before Nashville on 24 it starts to get real hilly and there is a pretty good descent or two that are just badass to drive.

Ballard county is fun to drive sometimes depending on what you're in. There are gravel roads for days and nobody seems to care if you drink and drive or smoke and drive if that's your preference. Me and friends have spent days getting nasty on dirt, camping out, and then doing it again the next day in the wma. It borders the river so there's always creeks and mud if that's your preference.

If creeks and mud are your preference there are several atv parks close by. Turkey bay in lbl is OK, it's closest so that's where I usually go when I go to an actual owned/official place. Mud and truck fests at bricks off road park and the like are within the area as well.

People like what they like man. All hobbies are pointless. Like art and music

the locos are impressive machines but it is a pretty autistic hobby

>there's no end game
>there's no point to it
I've actually made a lot of friends doing what I enjoy and I've made money selling pictures to people.

But whatever floats your boat man.

Live a city over from Niagara falls Canada. Best night drive is to take the highway just past the falls then take the Niagara parkway which is right next to the Niagara river all the way to Niagara on the way then drive beside the lake all the way home. The best is getting stopped at the canal and getting to watch a shop go through.

Ask the way to Niagara on the lake*

It's the source of enjoyment I find disturbing. Watching something as benign and boring as a train drive past. It's hauling crates full of useless chinese trinkets or half-dead chickens.

And it's not like train enthusiasts own and build their own trains - they're just watching all the time. It's like someone who says they love reading, but only listens to audiobooks.

Music is an art form. And those are forms of expression. Watching trains is an expression of a mental disability.

The exact same sentence could be applied to a gay rent boy.

how do I start to enjoy driving? am I just not getting comfy enough? is it too cold, should I wait until summer?

i just got a new car but I always loathe driving

What car?

new Volkswagen passat

manual or auto?

auto

they didnt even have manual at the dealership. now answer the question, how do I start to enjoy driving? at this point, I enjoy auto detailing and washing cars more than actually driving

maybe im just not going down comfy enough routes at the right time of day

>boring and benign
This coming from the person who posted an incredibly underexposed photo of a street at night and calls it "night photography". Jesus Christ.

>it's not like train enthusiasts build their own trains
Plenty of them do model railroading or work for the railroad. Your ignorance is showing.

Not even gonna acknowledge the rest of the bullshit you posted.

desu it's a lot easier to have fun driving manual than auto (assuming the gear box isn't complete shit)
Go for drives on curvy roads at night or in good weather

the car has a sport mode but all it does is just rev it higher before going into another gear kek

i drive 15 minutes to a towgey near my house. its about a km long so i just do like 10 runs in a night.

First buy a car you actually want that is not rational. then you will enjoy as your confidence will be boosted and pick up chicks from the corner like a boss. A mustang boss.

The mount lemonn touge at 2:30 in the morning in your mklll supra with new wave jazz floating through the cab. Every time I go home I start the old girl up and drive it late. Nothing beats the view of the city from the mountains.

Sodium vapor street lights are the ones you catch glimpses of the natives killing each other for crack under.

I live in West Texas, where all the roads are long, straight and filled with oilfield traffic

>tfw german
>autobahn 3 minutes from my house
>still cant afford license after months or working

That's pic is aesthetic as fuck, I can kinda see how one gets into trainfaggin

I live in East Missouri, where all the oilfield traffics are short, crooked, and filled with roads

I want to live in the 80s

>tfw trains are cool as fuck but not smart enough to learn anything about them

I heard in Montana they don't actually give a shit unless you crash.

>summer
>need a/c unless driving 45 with windows down
>air less dense causing less fuel to burn, and in turn a slower car

fuck outta here with that shit

90% of the cars were ugly, underpowered, unless you had a shit ton of money.

>Where do you guys drive to when you go on late night cruises with the window down?

When scouting for new places to eat with my friends, I can end up driving to some out of the way places. One thing google maps is good for is to zoom up and you start to see all the restaurant names. My friends and I eat out once per week at a new place. It can even be a bad or slumming place. It just has to be new to us as a whole.

>niggers and shitskins
>in Bavaria/Tirol
Even in Hong Kong the ones living there will gang up and rob tourists. It's amazing how they form racially-based gangs.
time.com/41310/rugby-sevens-hongkong-african-women-thieves-gangs/?iid=ent-article-mostpop2

Plus, whatever cool cars did exist, you can now fix up to be in Mint condition and drive for a lot less money than what you'd pay for it back then.
But almost no one does that, cause today's cars are better.

Nowadays a normal economy car like a Focus or Civic can both outrun and out-handle everything but the top supercars of the 80s. Nostalgia fags are fucking idiotic.

At weekend sometimes friends pick me up and we drive through Germany, recently drove to Rotterdamm and another day we went about 1000 km in one night for no reason driving pointlessly in one direction of Germany

Basically just get in car and drive in one direction

You know what the new focus and civic don't have? pop up headlights.

But the Focus has a cute baffled catfish face

> le angry fishmouth
>cute

Man me and my family used to go to Patti's inn and then out to the trace for a weekend every summer when I was a kid. I've been meaning to go back just to drive around. I'll keep your post in mind.

Does anyone here just go on drives to go "scout out" new roads to drive down? I don't know anyone else personally who does this and I cant get any of my friends to be into it. The only friend I had who was into just driving around for hours I haven't hung out with too much since high school.

It was a few years ago but driving around with him for hours for no reason two or three nights a week was some of the most fun i ever had and i think about it a lot honestly.

Still too cold to cruise with the windows down, but I live in a valley with mountains on 3 sides. Two of those roads lead to what we would call foothills and the other goes into actual mountains. Fun roads but everything is pretty spaced out here, so it takes a bit to get there but there's no rush when cruising. In my hometown there's a lake just on the other side of some steep hills overlooking the town, so quite a few people go up there to cruise at night. City lights on one side and the lake on the other for about 6 miles or so, and then you can get into the canyons if you want. Was pretty nice living there desu.

Pic related, from about 3 years ago

THIS..... I purposefully drive 2 hours to the mountain areas near me at 3 AM and take on those curvy roads in My Toyota Corolla like a champ.