Corvette as first car. Opinions?

Corvette as first car. Opinions?

They are powerful machines, test drive it to make sure its something you want to drive everyday. If i had to choose a car around that price itd be a

Nice tiny ass image. as for the Corvette, i assume you would be getting a regular C6 or something and not the ZR1 pictured. not really much to say other than if they are owned by some middle age'd guy who most likely garaged it most of its life it shouldn't have seen much abuse. i heard from Regular Fur Reviews that the clutches (assuming you are getting a manual) are really forgiving too. they are definitely daily'able cars. power and torque might catch you off guard if its your first car.

some guy who goes by the name "Frosty" has one and supposedly hes the most successful drug dealer on Veeky Forums so maybe good hustling skills will be bestowed upon you.. or prison dicks.

Don't spoil yourself so early

Can I have your kidneys?

your money, your life

just be careful. no hooning like a retard untill you know how to control the car.

no hooning at all in the rain, ever

A Corvette as a first car is like a literbike as a starter bike. Don't do it. Get something that you can use 100% of the throttle on and not kill yourself. As much as this board hates them, FWD cars will force you to learn to drive line, and you can get a decent performer for next to nothing.

kek

Do it, user. I don't regret my C5 daily. I love it. A few things I would like to suggest though:

>get a dash cam.
You can get a 1080 HD loop recorder for like $140 from corvettemods. Cover your ass with video evidence when people drive like morons around you.
>don't go WOT or even over 70 before the oil temp hits at least 120F
While the LS motors are pretty bulletproof, the rest of the parts are not
>make sure you're not around other cars if you decide to floor it
That shit will go sideways in a heartbeat

Seems the most legit comment. Thx user. Maybe getting a used C6

>no hooning at all in the rain, ever

It's the best in the rain because of the decreased tire wear.

This. It took my close to 3000 miles in my c7 before I felt even remotely comfortable with how the car would react under certain situations.

This should go without saying, but NO SNOW ever... and if it is raining or the road is wet, it will react like a normal vehicle would in snow. Just dont.

Take it from an old fag, it takes a good 6 to 8 months to learn how to properly control a car.
Get something slow to start off with then get your vette.

How does a C4 handle as a daily?

Do us a favor and try and at least try and hit a tree or a streetlight instead of killing somebody else with your stupidity when you inevitability crash.

I'm not OP but I've decided I'd like to drive a C4 as a daily soon while I'm young. Well, by "soon" I probably mean within a year. How much of a hassle would it be to maintain as a college kid with no real car experience but the desire and capacity to learn? I'd probably put all my money into it.

good choice. they get excellent mpg and are usually boomer autist owned. great performance per dollar and they're incredibly reliable.

you won't even be able to tap into a third of the potential of the car because you will be too scared

shit idea unless you plan to drive it just like the baby boomer you're buying it from

I genuinely believe if I had a RWD any more powerful than a NA miata as my first car I would have died before age 18

>I can't handle anything more than a 3k civic, so no one else can either!

>I think I am pushing my car's limits but am actually not even close!

>I'm projecting my insecurity about not being able to drive onto an anonymous person I know nothing about!

>I'm doing exactly what I just implied they were doing and am not even aware of it!

>I don't know how to respond, so I'll just say "no u"!

>I'm implicitly doing it again! I should kill myself next instead of replying!

>I still have no arguments, I better resort to "kys"!

The engines are well-built mechanically, but it's 1980's tech and the car as a whole is getting close to (if not already) 30 years old. You probably won't be doing yourself a favor with one.

>I am now implying this is a formal logical debate because I have full-blown autism!

I'm actually high functioning ;^(

I'm not even going to bother trying to argue with your teenage arrogance, but there is a reason insurance companies will charge the everloving shit outta a teenager in a sports car. Statistics don't lie. You're probably going to wreck it and die.

I always recommend a POS car for your first one. Anyone can drive a corvette, but it's about getting time on the road. You haven't made driving second nature yet, and you haven't seen all the issues with driving. People cutting you off. Giant holes in the road. People texting. Parking lots etc. It's usually better to drive a POS until you are more comfortable and more accustomed to driving. But teenagers never listen, so if you can afford it, you'll buy it.

very gud, just take it easy until you learn how to control your traction and oversteer.

ayy lmao

disregard these fags, once you git gud a c6 is no problem in rain ice and snow. I DDed mine through 2 ND winters and left my wrx and sti in the garage except during blizzards

Can you please just stay in jail already

there is no way its actually him, most of the images this guy posts are old

rip user

Try again.

>me a few days ago about to put new siding on the house I'm flipping

>right now

there's the boxes of siding and my work truck ready for the dump

when will the government stop your sinful hand

>ND (Only medical use is legal)
>weed /\
> uses Veeky Forums
>drives vette in snow
>post pics of self and house

Yep, can now confirm; dumb nigger.

Sssssss. Susussusus sisrrrrrreeeeeeeee

>Opinions?
don't really care desu senpai

you orgot
>laundering money through flipping houses
lmao he's going to be fucked next time assuming the prosecutor isn't a complete dumbass.

As if it matters. The DEA and local task forces know all about me. I have my own whiteboard with my known activities on it in the SEMCA DEA and Clay county sheriff office. I don't post anything they don't already know about or can't already surmise from prior knowledge.

also the yellow sided house in that selfie is the neighbor nect to my purchase.

>not wanting to get mad hectic in a boarderline super car on ice and snow

sorry to hear about your vagina

this is the one I bought. :^)