/dng/ - Dueling Network General

Last thread: What the fuck happened to the Thread Number edition

New summoning mechanic: Link Summon
Explanation: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/jpok5ejx0fvlu5k/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy-nopics.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf

>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/

>Official /ygo/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)

●TCG: Raging Tempest (February 10th)
●TCG: Fusion Enforcers (February 24th)
●TCG: Duelist Saga (March 31st)
●TCG: Structure Decks Machine Reactor & Dinosmasher’s Fury (April 13th)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● READ THE OP
● Read carefully the cards
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7itkuADOW4c
youtube.com/watch?v=6DEbXornxGg
twitter.com/halky_nekroz/status/832569970957496321
youtube.com/watch?v=tZqukkdhg14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember that there is actually more to the contested ED zones than there may initially seem. I've made an infographic displaying the definitive things to take note of right now, and there are also some other important points I need proper ruling clarification before I address them.

>Darkness Approaches
Q:
1) Can it attack?
2) If it attacks/is attacked, does it flip?
3) When changed to defense position, does it flip? Or does it remain Face-Down?
4) Does it flip when attacked like any Face-Down Defense Position monster?
5) When it flips this way, does the battle follow as normal?
6) If it has a Flip effects, it does activate, right?

A:
1) It can't attack.
2) It is flipped by the attack during the Damage Calculation.
3) It is flipped.
4) If the player switches it to Defense mode, it will be face-down.
5) Yes, it follows as normal.
6) Yes it does.

I'm gay and poor

What deck do I play

You swapped the (3) and (4) in A.

Crystal Beasts?

Sixth for Link Monsters actually ruined the game.

245x either 3 or 4
shits been messed before so lets go with 2454 next

You just summon a link monster that goes down first, then masturbate, then you use the first link monster to summon a link monster that goes down left and down right, then more masturbation.
That's because the ED monsters you summoned summon in the Main Zone stay there if you summon a new link monster using the first one you already had.

This isn't slowing down the game by that much at all. It's just that you can only do it with new cards that Konami is making you have to buy.

I am altering your extra deck

Pray I don't alter it any further.

So with the new ruleset I am actually interested in Yu-Gi-Oh for the first time in forever.

Kinda wanna start playing it a bit now just to get my feet wet, is that PS4 game any good? I got it for free.

There is no chance that Links are "conductive" or whatever, is there?
Take this scenario for instance. Gaiasaber is obviously benefiting from Honeybot being in the middle of both of them.
But there is no chance that the two Honeybots are actually benefiting from the other Hobeybot is there? Being linked through Gaiasaber.

Something to note is that re-claiming an EMZ might not be possible.
They only say that the EMZ is neutral at the beginning of the duel, and you can claim it by SS monster to it, but they said nothing about the zone going back to neutral when there's no more monster there.

All that strategy requires an immense amount of resources invested into playing Link monsters.

Aye, that's one of the things I need clarification for before expanding upon within the image.

needs to be added
OCG Starter Deck 2017
March 25, 2017

Doubtful.
Would be pretty fucking cool though.

Rulings when?
Banlist when?
Konami boycott when?

The timeline
>#2450 -> #2451 -> #2452
>#2450 -----------------------> last thread with no number
Let's treat last thread with no number as #2453 and this one as #2454

youtube.com/watch?v=7itkuADOW4c

>Konami boycott
>When Links finally started fixing the game

I need to know this, but I highly doubt there's official rulings on it yet - can you use Tokens (like Scapegoat tokens) for summoning Links like Link Spider? This seems plausible due to Synchros being allowed to do so but the wording on Org's site says send them to grave as materials to perform the summon, yet Synchro summon is described the same way. Help!

Also RIP Donte, you will be missed (inb4 they make Linker Dante)

>killing over 80% of the decks while letting REMOVERAT fill the game with cancer even more is fixing the game

Finally killed the game*

So what is everyone running against the Zoodiac Meta?

>links
>fixing
They are essentially charging us money so we can play cards we already own.

Links aren't fixing shit.
If anything they're going to take the worst part of XYZ and Synchro and mash it together into one fucked-up mess.
I'd take triple quasar over this fate anyday.

Just copying your post from the last thread and editing it to work with this thread just for archiving's sake.
/dng/ #2450 (Last Last thread)
/dng/ #2451
/dng/ #2452
/dng/ #2453 (Last thread)
/dng/ #2454 (This thread)

No rules on that yet. It's assumed that we will be able to for the reasons you stated.

Gotta maindeck that triple chain disappearance + Cloak and dagger. Also running breakthrough instead of Veiler since you can use it to stop Dritent pops during your turn so it isn't draw-phase get a monster popped.

part of me wants to say no as tokens can't be sent to the graveyard. I had to face that fact when I ran reversal quiz.

youtube.com/watch?v=6DEbXornxGg
twitter.com/halky_nekroz/status/832569970957496321

LINKS DO NOTHING TO STOP THE RAT

It is so painfully obvious that by the time Link is release in either formats, Rat will be at 0 and Barrage be at 1, so it would not be a problem.

ty

>crop

noids

It SHOULD work.
But at the same time they might just say "No it doesn't" in an attempt to balance it.

They said each player gets one by default. I assume no matter what.

I'm interested to see if shit that affects monster zones (Ojamas, Ground Collapse) will work on the EMZ or if they'll errata those to only work on MMZs.

>Link Summons from the hand
>needs to use 5 specific cards

Totally not dead guys.

They did that on purpose to shill Zoods even more. Why do you they're printing Missus Radiant as one of the first Link Monsters?

we arent getting banlist, the last days before links will be crazy
>checkmate foreshadow all this

>insanely generic
>potentially bullshit effect
>immune to flip face-down, so you can't use Eclipse/Concealing, the best generic non-targeting non-destruction "removal"
>can abuse token
Truly the best.

>When the Duel begins, neither Extra Monster Zone is considered to belong to a specific player.

>What has been the [Monster Zone] up till now is now the [Main Monster Zone]
It's kinda the same case as the PSCT update long ago where "select" becomes "target"
Errata imminent, but there might be a case like Hane-Hane.

So, we getting it by april or will the starter only come after Maximu Crisis/Code of Duelist?

>so you can't use Eclipse/Concealing, the best generic non-targeting non-destruction "removal"

Any fags here actually collect the cards IRL? What decks do you have?

I had a mermail deck but threw it away I assume along with my binder years ago and am kicking myself for it

You can still spam Cir into Dante from the Graveyard into the Main Monster Zone, although it's limited.

You forgot:
Can climb with eachother so you can further plays easily
Lacks Levels/Ranks at all so they don't need to deal with any effects that deal with them.

Let me errata it.
>can't use Eclipse/Concealing, the best generic massive non-targeting non-destruction "removal"

Well the japs are getting it next month so I expect it to be around summer for us, a few months after MACR release.

When one player has an Extra Monster zone ocupied the other is always for the player with no monster in the extra monster zone.

Card-design wise, I do wish that Tokens can be used for Link Summon. That way, not only will the Token mechanic be revived, but it will also make it so that new card's design can focus on just summoning harmless Tokens for the Link summon material instead of summoning/reviving easily abusable monsters like with Tellarknights and Rat.

It's a starter though, those tend to be only 1 month of difference between OCG and TCG

>their main monster zones are full of indestructable cards (see Bee Link girl) LINK monsters

Only Lava Golem or Sphere mode is the out

I just hope tokens work because then Synchro decks can do synchro stuff thanks to Doppel-chan.

Probs July we get it.

The starter that introduced Pendulums came in March, just like Links are coming, but it only came for us in July.

Which means we have less than 5 months for the Links

Man how fucking awful is the game going to be those weeks between the starter and Code of the Duelist releasing? I hadn't even realized there was such a gap.

5 Beaver Warrior ;)
youtube.com/watch?v=tZqukkdhg14

>Implying you'll be able to Kaijuu me when my MMZ is full
Good luck getting past my sextuple quazar/blazar senpai.

But there's nothing regarding the situation when both EMZ is unoccupied again after it's been claimed.

You may be right.

>starter deck Yuya OCG release: 2016-03-19
>starter deck Yuya TCG release: 2016-05-26

So 2 months mean it will be later May?

Dino and Ancient Gear deck release: mid April
MACR: early May
New rules and starter deck: later May

Seems logical.

gameciel is my favorite card of all the game!!

Just Kaiju the one in your MMZ.

That's for normal starter decks. Last time a starter brougth a rule change, it took a bit longer, so we have from 2 to 5 months actually

>spreading false information about Kaiju interactions and showing a video of a guy summoning Link 3s with two monsters
I don't hate AznEyes, nor any "Yugituber" in particular, but can't they fully inform themselves in the matter before making videos about it?

It's the most consistent out!

You're a terrible person and you probably play stun.

>Can't Kaijuu a EMZ
You know this almost makes sense until you remember how enemy tribute cards work.

I'd rather them wait to release the Starter Deck and the new rules as close as possible to the first VRAINS set. Having to play exclusively with the SD Links for a while will be a pain.

i dont :T

Been wondering this for a while now but how do you pronounce "Gameciel"? This popped up at my locals when one dude pronounced it as "Game (as in Videogame) - Seal" and another as "Gamma - Si - Yell" while I pronounced it as "Gamma - Seal"

are there any good yugitubers? it's been a while since i paid attention, and most of them seem like this idiot in different flavors.

fuck azneyes, though. jesus.

Xth for Blaster ;)

I'm god awful at Deck-building.
But something seems wrong with your deck.

>This thing was secret in OCG
>Rare in TCG
Thanks Konami

>drums

THIS NIGGA KNOWS

i just see a fun (?) idea on internet

>black stone of legend was a rare in the OCG
>Is Secret in TCG
T-thanks konami, i-it's not like i wanted to build Red-eyes anyways.

Ritual Beasts

Well uh
I'm guessing this is some sort of weird True-kings deck?

Everyone at my locals hates the Link announcement. Two of them already ragequit and sold their collections.

the price you pay for nostalgia

>ragequit and sold their collections
damn, I'm waiting to see if jp backlash works

Only if the MMZ is full.

Wow, most people in my locals actually liked it

Just keep trying to watch ones you haven't watched yet and keep watching the ones you like if you really wanna find one.

Luckily I've got a few builds that don't need/use it.
So i'm not too far away form meme'ing it up with a Jank Hieratic Red-eyes build.

You pronounce it the way it's supposed to be pronounced in Japanese

>actually liked it
what do they play

I've got Kozmos, Subterrors, Ritual Beasts, and D/D/Ds built IRL.

Mine was is about 90-10 on the thing, with only a few fags who never spend anything with their shitty Sixsam deck anything.

Thing is I can see that it's a cash grab move but I can see the mechanic being really fun after a while

Damn really? I'm curious to see what other anons locals are like.
Anyone know Toronto locals opinions on it? Haven't gone out in forever.

I just opened the worst box of RATE ever, AMA

>Kaiju the Ophion
This card looks pretty powerful

ABC, Metalfoe, Magician Pendulum, DDD, Toad Heroes, Toad Paleozoics, something with Toad in it, One is building pure Zoodiac, another is building something with Zoodiac in, Synchro Masturbation, etc.

The synchro masturbator and pure zoodiac guys didn't like it though. Majority of the rest approves it and are already trying to adapt. One of the Toad players didn't mind cause he either expects Bahamut summoning Toad to be in any zone or for Bahamut to get banlisted till then.

Most feel the first turn determining victory thingy shouldn't be.

is vortex

post proof

Let me guess, no Wind Witches, No barrage and you pulled like a fuckton of SPYRAL shit

But Kaijus came out first in the TCG