Previously on /deebeetee/

Other urls found in this thread:

raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/6044042463.html
raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/6040924655.html
miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/6025256263.html
raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/6053451615.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for well timed thread ending

The CBR1000RR is the best beginner bike.

If you can't learn to lean on that you'd probably kill yourself trying to ride a scooter.

Second for thanks for fixing op, op.

fourth for no pics of bike

#
>what did u have to do to the bike
90 percent of the time, when it ran when parked, you need to clean the carburetors, occasionally replace all the rubber fuel lines, usually new battery, and other stuff. I also had to re-bleed the brakes and rebuild the clutch master cylinder.

>have u ever fixed a completely fucked bike some guy was selling on craigs for cheap
Define fucked. I won't touch anything that "was running but then the engine seized" but if it's just been parked for 5 to 20 years, you'll be fine. They are really simple to get working and are cheap to repair

>what dirtbike would u recommend as first bike
Pretty much anything from the 80s or 90s. If you want to ride on the road, pretty much any Japanese 80s road bike that has less than 750cc is a good idea.

>how long it take u to sell bike on average
A week or so. Study Craigslist, and watch what moves quick and how to write a good ad. The bike I posted was actually not that good looking but a decent picture makes a huge difference.

I picked this up for 800 dollars, put about 100 into it and rode it all over the West coast. I think I did about 12k miles in 10 months. If you just get out and ride, and ride often, you'll gain some skill to keep up with people in much quicker bikes.

I agree

I c wut u did there

raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/6044042463.html

its me from earlier. what think?? for my first.

or

raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/6040924655.html

>raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/6044042463.html
>extended rear end
wut

The first link is a scam. The second link has no margin. You can buy it, but you'd only be able to sell it for what you paid for it.

boo for responding to bait, but otherwise this is a mighty interesting poast

miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/6025256263.html

should I do it for the memes

>miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/6025256263.html

>engine turns over

bruh, i don't think it moves

I already have a bike, I was thinking more project. Or is reviving two strokes a money pit?

Muh dick

This is the same bike, but 10 years newer to what I learned on. This would make a great first project. You can buy it for 400 or 450 and probably sell it for 1000 once it's running.

At the very least you need to clean the carburetor, and if you bring the tank to a radiator shop they will remove all rust and reseal it for 100 bucks

raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/6053451615.html

Beginner here. I'm going to buy my first bike. Decided on a 1998 Virago 250cc (Yamaha doesn't export newer models to my country). The exhaust pipe has some scratches but i'll replace it anyway.
The chain is brand new, so are the brakes.
Price is low for the year and Mileage. About 47000km.
Clutch and brakes seems fine if a bit wobbly but not too much for it to be a problem.

What do you guys think?

No one is going to buy that for 1000

That's a fair amount of miles for a little 250.

A working, riding, street legal motorcycle that has had a lot of maintenance done will fetch a grand. You could list it for 1150 and it should sell for 1k

I guess it would be a learning experience trying to figure out how to fix it and get it running. i'll look into it. it's like an hour and a half away tho but i guess it's worth it

>fixing op
>/dbt/ not in subject field

47000km is about 29200 miles. Kind of low in the market since there isn't anything newer than 2001 here (´・ω・`)

>Emotions are for women and traps. Which are you?
I can't take seriously a middle aged person who states something out of the diary of an edgy kid.
>Going by that logic all cars should be banned because they do more damage than a relatively light motorcycle. Your emotion-driven risk assessment isn't supported by statistics of US vehicle accidents.
>going by that logic
What logic? The one attribute me, apparently?
I only ever said I don't want a kid riding a busa.

>if it's running it's worth 1k+
Thats not how it works.
It's a shit bike with questionable maintenance, even after you swap the tanks and clean carbs. It's still not worth more than 300$

A 250cc cruiser is several orders of magnitude slower than a 250cc sportbike/sport standard. In fact, it's slower than most recent econoboxes, and handles worse than them too.

Why not just buy a car, roll the windows down, and drive around on slicks to simulate the precarious traction situation?

It was stupid. I'm not a coroner, but... Maybe he broke his neck. Death on impact.

Pic is of the intersection. If you look at it, it's really hard to imagine what happened.

>there isn't anything newer than 2001 here
dude where the fuck are you north korea

>I don't want a kid riding a busa.

Stay away from the Free™ United States of America and it's not your problem.

>(´・ω・`)

Please go away

I'll keep looking but that's probably the easiest bike in the world to make work. I was pretty hammered whenever I touched mine and somehow I got it to work, which is incredible because I didn't know shit then.

Where do you live?

Also if you fit it, you might as well. Those bikes are tiny.

What you think it's worth, and what bikes actually sell for is a whole different story. It might not be a great bike, but that easily will sell for a grand.

Did you get that tattoo today?

A busa is probably the tamest "hypersport" there is. It has a built in power limiter. Nobody uses it, but it's there. I saw a kid ride a busa once anyways. 10mph around a corner cars go around at 40. Top lel. Talk about respecting the machine.

I'm more worried about kids on 250-500cc shitbikes cranking the throttle and then learning their "SHARP HANDLING TRACK WEAPON!!!1!!" isn't magic and T boning my car in a corner, or worse, cranking the throttle, then cranking the bars for maximum countersteering, and then cranking the throttle some more until they lowside and end up under a semi

They found his body on the ground there at the orange paint dot. About 8 feet after the tree.

His bike ghost rode about 20,then topped over and slid on the sliders another 70 feet and ended up on the pedestrian curbside of his lane.

>atgatt
>death by tree branch

I know. Max speed is about 80mph, but is comfy and qt af and i'll mostly use it for commuting (´・ω・`)

>Where do you live?
Latin America. I should have specified that only the Virago doesn't have newer models. The only Yamaha cruiser for sale here is the Midnight Star 900cc. (´・ω・`)

(´・ω・`)

a scooter would be a more capable machine

get a scooter

Fuck no, that belongs to our group leader. Two different guys died this year alone. Both his best friends.

>on dbt
>recommending to buy a car

w00000t

Sj4000 or sj5000 elite? Worth paying a bit more for 1080 60fps and image stabilization?

Lol. That's commitment. Rough though man. Ride carefully.

Meh go for it.

The 5000 is worth the price

>Stay away from the Free™ United States of America and it's not your problem.
Then why are you all talking about Europe?
It's just an example, it doesn't have to be a busa.
Does the SJ5000 do real 1080p 60fps though?
If it does, yes.

Never buy a cruiser under 1000cc

Anyone knows some good books to learn about motorcycles , repairing and stfuff?

idk how to say this unironically but there are repair manuals

Because some Italian is anally devastated by the fact that we prefer less government in America

Buy a motorcycle and repair it. They're not complicated.

First time ride should get a 500-750cc cruiser

so he rode under that tree and died.

why did he ride under that tree?

Not really. It's easy to not kill yourself on a 1000cc cruiser.

It is, but that's usually in a heavy, big bike and they have a mountain of torque. I'm not going to write an argument, my views aline directly with the sticky. If you want to argue with that, go for it

>Because some Italian is anally devastated by the fact that we prefer less government in America
It's the opposite actually. Usually someone makes fun of
>americans
and you get all butthurt and start insulting europe.

I mean, we have an american who managed to ride into a tree in this very thread. Well, spiritually at least. RIP.

Of all the people in the world you should know not to cry when someone you shoot at shoots you back.

My uncle is selling a big-ass Harley but it's way too big for starters

not qt enough

Okay, i'll get it. Thanks guys (^ω^)

Sounds like you enjoy being cucked.
I bet you agree with yuropoors license law's as well

If not road king it's garbage

Yup, it's a Road King

So is this what happened?

Where did he crash?

I think self regulation is the way to go. I don't need a law to tell me not to kill myself

At the end of the day, it's Americans pointing out that y'all have too many laws and relying on the government to regulate your life and we think that's stupid.

Hell one of the Italian anons was pissed his government pissed a law stating that you had to be a certain distance away from a bicyclist if you want to pass them.

No shit, that didn't need to be a law, and further more that can barely be enforced.

Don't crash, my best advice

DO IT

It's a good bike

Ahhh. So you're a commie, gotcha.
All opinions from now on ignored.
No need to respond.

>Advocating for less regulation and less government
>Communist
Go back to red.dit

What ha doin cunts?
>Cleaned baiku
>Changed bars
>Tested wiring
Gonna need some sort of resistor to stop the signals from strobing

>Don't crash, my best advice
I won't, i hope.

It's too big and expensive (´・ω・`)

Post your Jackets

I slid yesterday and the road tore through to my hip on my leather jacket. So now I'm looking into a textile or mesh one.

>820 lbs
>onions roomate rides one
Worst bike ever

You goofed then because leather has the best sliding protection other than CE armor and most jackets don't have that on the hips

Stuck with leather m8
Get perforated even.
But you need leather.

I think the problem is my jacket just kinda rode up my torso a little, maybe it wasn't a great fit or I need a longer one

Cool opinion m8

>Hell one of the Italian anons was pissed his government pissed a law stating that you had to be a certain distance away from a bicyclist if you want to pass them.
It's always me.
>Americans pointing out that y'all have too many laws
We don't have too many laws, we have wrong laws. Having said that I'm happy that kids don't get to ride supersports.
>relying on the government to regulate your life and we think that's stupid.
Society exists for that reason. You're taken a part of your freedom to live in a better place.

From my point of view someone who gets taken less freedom but doesn't even get anything out of it is the cucked one.

If we're talking motorcycles, they're not part of your natural rights, it's not your right to ride whatever you want at your conditions. This is a fact.
Can our law be better? Yes. Do I want an equivalent to the US one? No.
In the end a two tiers license system should be good enough and the age limits should be 16-18 or 19. It should also be possible to pay to do something like an in depth skill test to be able to ride powerful machines sooner.

The real big problem in my county is not about licenses, it's about vehicle modifications. Now that's a real strike on freedom for no reason whatsoever.

Buy one with a zipper to the pants.

Vmax best beginner bike

What happened to the user buying a cbr1000rr for his first?
Did he get it?

Preddy sure he ded

Mud is just kinda like natural chain lube right dbt?

Yeah don't clean it off
It even prevents rust.

>rode to work
>morning was cold
>now it's 50f and I spent my entire lunch fucking around on the bike
Feels good.
>now back to work

man guys i bought new sedici riding gloves ( full gauntlet style) and they are so thick and stiff that i lost all the fine control i had in my right hand when it comes to throttle and braking. i literally can't brake now without accidentally engaging the throttle

They will stretch and loosen a bit while you wear them.
And you'll get used to it.

How much would a bike like this cost in EU?

How would it handle compared to a modern naked?

The squared looks get me off, why aren't they making designs like this anymore? It's all transformers shit now.

to be devil's advocate
>govt is responsible for building and maintaining roads
>govt is responsible for responding to car accidents and injuries
why wouldn't govt be allowed to pass laws pertaining to how the public may use infrastructure

Probably should of got nice gloves huh.

>should of

Thank u 4 da uuuu

Joe Rocket a decent.

Especially when considering price.

Just make sure you upgrade the armor in it.

>How much would a bike like this cost in EU?
Depends on the country.
Here it would be €1000-5000 more than in Germany.

>buy 2006 sv650 as economical city bike
>put 120 miles on in 4 days and throw a rod
>dude i baught it from ghosted me
>not beating on it or doing wheelies
fuck
>see that sv1000 and 650 engines go for about the same
>if im going to go through all the work of a swap might as well upgrade the power
anybody have any expierence with sv's? Ive only ever owned honda and im imediatly regretting buying a suzuki, all my 80s hondas held up like champs.

Joe rocket jackets have always fit funny on me, the shoulders are too small.

>€1000-5000 more than in Germany
Which is?
And where?

That.
And here.

>sv threw a rod
Who woulda thought?

What?
Are you saying that you're in Germany and it would cost only €1000?

Joe Rockets have a really high waistline, that's my only beef with them, they look sweet otherwise

did you not change oil?
what's broken, crank? block? rod?

I'm not him.
I have no idea what he's saying.

>what's broken, crank? block? rod?
>Throw a rod
Probably ran it low of oil.
That 1nd cylinder is picky about the oil.

>how much
the base bike? 500€
the rest of the rice? easily 6500 + labor
>handling
shit
>muh nostalgia
it looks dated, it's unaerodynamic, engine and frame design has evolved and makes for overall heavier and less nimble bikes

>throw a rod
Why?
Probably the guy wheelied to hell and back.

i know
>throw a rod
outside boomer terms, what's actually wrong with it
did it actually pierce the block?

also check if the engine mounts match across years and displacements

>it looks dated
Good design can't be dated.
>unaerodynamic
So just like any other naked, then?

I hate the looks of post 2000 nakeds. Just look at this Ducati, glorious god tier back design and then you look at it from the front and it makes you wanna vomit.

If it really handles like shit it's a real shame.

>the base bike? 500€
W H E R E
H
E
R
E

I couldn't find shit here in Italy.

Just look at this front, it looks like saggy tits.

ciccio, guarda meglio
vai su moto.it e cerca giornalmente
fai un salto in discarica se ti senti avventuroso

la ducati ti fa cagare da davanti perchè ha un fanale aerodinamico
scommetto che se avesse un bell'occhio di bue stile anni 70 ti faresti i rasponi a due mani, finocchio che non sei altro

thats because its a ducati and has a pants on head retarded 2-part radiator grill.

A proper restro-modded classic would probably cost more though.

Especially something like this Z1

It probably spun a rod bearing. Those seem to die first from oil problems. Could be rebuilt but it's easier to replace.